Complaints

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Complaints

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:It means it's rather pissed off and won't upload another attachment unless you slip it a fiver.....'>>.....
? ?

nobody can upload or I can not upload ?
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

I don't use the upload function, I use the button bar over the text box. It well may mean that the cache limit for uploads have been reached, and the cache may have to be either purged some, or the cache size increased.......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

I learned to live with it:

not authorized to view the member list or profiles
cannot manage friends or foes
avatar functionality is disabled
cannot view or send attached files
cannot add signature
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:I don't use the upload function, I use the button bar over the text box. It well may mean that the cache limit for uploads have been reached, and the cache may have to be either purged some, or the cache size increased.......
Purged the cache, then uploaded a test image.

Worked okay.

Would prefer if posters used an image upload site such as

postimage.org

instead.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite wrote:I learned to live with it:

cannot add signature
Have you checked recently, you should be able to at least

manage friends or foes
upload avatar
add signature
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:
Parodite wrote:I learned to live with it:

cannot add signature
Have you checked recently, you should be able to at least

manage friends or foes
I still can't, when I try I get: "You are not authorized to view the member list or profiles." Also I cannot view any user profiles, they used to be click-able when I'm logged in.
upload avatar
Still can't, in UCP/ Profile / Edit Avatar I get: "The avatar functionality is currently disabled."
add signature
This option seems to have disappeared altogether.

I have no idea.. but maybe my account resides in some old "Registered users" group?
In the UCP / Usergroups / Edit memberships, on the right there is a "Registered users" link. I can't open it, for the same reason: "You are not authorised to view the member list or profiles.", but it links to:

memberlist.php?mode=group&g=2

Thought maybe that gives a clue, if compared with other users without this problem; their "Registered users" link might be different than mine above.

But no big deal.. I can post that matters most :P
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

For the record, this is how I see attached files not appear:

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite wrote:For the record, this is how I see attached files not appear:

Have you tried logging out, selecting "Delete all board cookies" at the bottom right side of the page, clearing your browser cache, and then logging back in?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

How about now?

I checked your specific permissions and everything was set to "no".

Changed.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:How about now?

I checked your specific permissions and everything was set to "no".

Changed.
All solved! Thanks :D
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Now I am getting it.

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

The mods might think about changing their passwords...
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:Now I am getting it.

I still can not upload a picture .. above message comes up
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

Will investigate when I have a moment.

However, one should use a image upload site such as

postimage.org
tinypic.com
imageshack.com
etc.

to post images.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:

postimage.org
tinypic.com
imageshack.com
etc.

to post images.
Honestly that is exactly opposite of what I thought it would be. THat fair use means attributing the source.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

postimage.org
tinypic.com
imageshack.com
etc.

to post images.
Honestly that is exactly opposite of what I thought it would be. THat fair use means attributing the source.
Many sites used to get very p*ssed about such hot linking.

With the advent of countless number of trackers, this may have changed.
I don't know as I have not kept up on that aspect of internet tech.

In the of the BW thread, I typically have no idea who the original photographers were.

In the rare cases that I do, I provide an attribution in brackets along with nationality: [...]

Please feel free to do the same, or an http:// link, with other images.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

postimage.org
tinypic.com
imageshack.com
etc.

to post images.

In the of the BW thread, I typically have no idea who the original photographers were.

In the rare cases that I do, I provide an attribution in brackets along with nationality: [...]

IS it possible to post links to the image hosting services in the create post screens? Postimage.org seems to have its act together at the moment.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

postimage.org
tinypic.com
imageshack.com
etc.

to post images.

IS it possible to post links to the image hosting services in the create post screens? Postimage.org seems to have its act together at the moment.
Not sure that I understand your question, however, I do use postimage.org

1/ Upload image

2/ Click on uploaded image to get full size image

3/ Select "Copy image address" [Chrome or Opera]

4/ Click the "Img" button on the top of the "Post a reply" box. Paste image url between Image

5/ Submit

For example,

Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:[

postimage.org
tinypic.com
imageshack.com
etc.

to post images.

Not sure that I understand your question, however, I do use postimage.org

1/ Upload image

2/ Click on uploaded image to get full size image

3/ Select "Copy image address" [Chrome or Opera]

4/ Click the "Img" button on the top of the "Post a reply" box. Paste image url between Image

5/ Submit

For example,

That most definately worked :D

What I was meaning though was having link to image hosting services under the unload attachement tab.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
For example,

What I was meaning though was having link to image hosting services under the unload attachement tab.
i see. I don't think that is possible, at least not in a simple way,
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
For example,

i see. I don't think that is possible, at least not in a simple way,

It was an idea Thanks anyway.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Can the Mods explain why former list-member Milo had to be expelled but not HP or Mr.P.? This is so obvious a case of double standards...
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote:Can the Mods explain why former list-member Milo had to be expelled but not HP or Mr.P.? This is so obvious a case of double standards...
Parodite, can you say one reason why Heracleum Persicum should be expelled ? ?

Has HP been vulgar, insulting to anybody, bad language, posting lies ? ? ? Threads started by Azari quite popular, indeed

Mr. Perfect is what it says, Perfect :lol:

Come on, Perodite, .. spit out what really bothering you, you not happy Fatah and Hamas forming unity government ?, one State solution, Palestinian state with Hebrew tribe minority, Ashkenazim can visit as "tourists" once every 5 yrs :lol: :lol:
BiBi can go back home to Ukraine. :lol:

Re Milo, no clue why he was banned, racist ? dime a dozen

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

HP... you are always wrong about everything. For that part you deserve a medal of sorts. Still baffles me how you manage to do that. You will not even recognize an apple when placed in front of you! ;) You will bluntly claim it is not an apple and when there is no way out for you but to look at the apple and acknowledge it to be what it is... you will start screaming about yoghurt, preferably from magical Iran! Or start looking for Zionist worms that eat any apple on the table... No, let Great Wise Iran heal the Meddle East and cut out all the rot in there... placed by Western powers controlled by dark Zionist voodoo pulling strings!

Your mind is closed, nothing will update the cartoonish reality you live in. You assume I want you to be banned but missed the other possibility: that in my view Milo should not have been banned. Will explain.

In as far as the mods explained their banning of Milo and as far as I remember, they disliked Milo for being a mono-thematic obnoxious presence here. His criticizing of Islam may have been a strong theme, but he also showed interest in other issues like cold fusion, history in general and he was of the opinion that the West should withdraw all its forces from the Meddle East, something Mr.P. baptized "the Milo doctrine". When I compare Milo in terms of monothematic presence and general obnoxiousness.. I find you and Mr.P. to score way way WAY higher on all accounts. I happen to agree with a lot of Mr. Ps opinions about government which causes me to "not hear" his hateful stereotyping of democrats and liberals. He even confessed he would like all of them to die as soon as possible. And he is not joking. Now how does Milo compare with Mr.P here? Yes, you got it.

Of course this is all about personal taste. I for instance find you much more obnoxious and detrimental to the quality of this list than Milo. For a long time you were in competition with Ibrahim afaiac, of being the most obnoxious and irritating presence here but at least with Ibrahim you can have an honest mud fight, and more importantly it is possible help him staying away from his hateful tantrums against others here.. simply by ignoring his provocations. (A skill I only learned later on and applied happily) Aside his hate-sling-pooh fests.. he wrote normal stuff and totally acceptable opinions. You however, despite being a harmless bloke in heart so me thinks, are immune to anything. Nothing will stop you to stink around in every thread where you always will bring in the same old tired themes of yours.. that we all really know and understand by now. All roads and all threads about various crises in the world lead back to your evil Zionism and how it controls Western foreign politics. You are harmless, but a virulent anti-Semite all the same.

There is not a thread, no matter the subject, where you just have to poo and pee around your obnoxious anti-Western-Zionist drivel - where you see opportunity to do so. I understand the mods are irritated and offended by different things than me, but to me it is offensive. My parents lived through WW2 in the Netherlands, an uncle has been hiding with Jews and was later deported to a concentration camp, my grand mother worked for the underground sabotaging Nazi activity and saving Jewish lives by organizing hiding places. My wife is Jewish and from Israel, her parents escaped from Morocco when life became too dangerous for them there and Israel the only option left. You are in no position to criticize and judge these people and your revisionist claims about the Holocaust are repugnant and vile. You have been howling with the Holocaust deniers from Iran like Achmadine-joke and the psychopath control freak mad cleric Khamenei who also is a Holocaust denier, and cozying up with other anti-Semites wherever you can find them on the web.

Now this is all still personal taste, opinion and what triggers our sensitivities differs per person. I'm sure Typhoon is somewhat more sensitive to criticism of Japan in past or present, than say, of Russia or China. We all have a little nationalistic heart, some tribal honor left even if we deny it and rationalize it away. I'm also pretty sure Typhoon wouldn't like it if he were continuously and falsely accused of something rather.. well.. ugly. For instance posting erotic-sensual images of under-aged girls. A list member who would continue spreading these types of vulgar lies would be rather swiftly banned I can't herlp to think. And so on.

How would I moderate somebody like you? No banning! I'm against it. But I would have a simple request and requirement: stay on topic in the threads. That would include not bringing in Zionism as the culprit around every corner; for that I would dedicate a special section especially for you and those who feel the need to read what you write and maybe even respond to it:

HP and the Evils of Zionism

In this special section you can talk about anything of course: how Zionists and big $$ connections pushed for the uprising in the Ukraine, how Jews pull the strings in the financial industry and Hollywood and to what effect. You can blog all those interesting websites you found where US ex-military warn for the influence of Zionists on US foreign policy, and who and where the Jews are connected to those people. I can assure you... pick and shake a random tree, and some Jews will fall down. Given that most Jews are Zionists.. i.e. are of the opinion that the state of Israel has the right to exist and decide on its own destiny.. you better start shaking some more trees HP... ;) :P In Iran they know...these monkey Jews and sons of dogs are hiding behind trees and under stones! Turn them up, turn them over!

Now if you can't control yourself.. and still pee and poo all over the place.. even though the Mod arranged a special place for you where you can indulge in you mono-thematic hobby to back-track the evil muddy roads that all lead to Mount-Zion.. well then you get a warning or two.. and if that doesn't work then your access from then on will be restricted to section ]HP and the Evils of Zionism only.

To cut it all short, this is my suggestion to the Mods of this forum. A special section for HP where he can indulge and can be confined to if he fails to stay on topic in the threads.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote:HP... you are always wrong about everything. For that part you deserve a medal of sorts. Still baffles me how you manage to do that. You will not even recognize an apple when placed in front of you! ;) You will bluntly claim it is not an apple and when there is no way out for you but to look at the apple and acknowledge it to be what it is... you will start screaming about yoghurt, preferably from magical Iran! Or start looking for Zionist worms that eat any apple on the table... No, let Great Wise Iran heal the Meddle East and cut out all the rot in there... placed by Western powers controlled by dark Zionist voodoo pulling strings!

Your mind is closed, nothing will update the cartoonish reality you live in. You assume I want you to be banned but missed the other possibility: that in my view Milo should not have been banned. Will explain.

In as far as the mods explained their banning of Milo and as far as I remember, they disliked Milo for being a mono-thematic obnoxious presence here. His criticizing of Islam may have been a strong theme, but he also showed interest in other issues like cold fusion, history in general and he was of the opinion that the West should withdraw all its forces from the Meddle East, something Mr.P. baptized "the Milo doctrine". When I compare Milo in terms of monothematic presence and general obnoxiousness.. I find you and Mr.P. to score way way WAY higher on all accounts. I happen to agree with a lot of Mr. Ps opinions about government which causes me to "not hear" his hateful stereotyping of democrats and liberals. He even confessed he would like all of them to die as soon as possible. And he is not joking. Now how does Milo compare with Mr.P here? Yes, you got it.

Of course this is all about personal taste. I for instance find you much more obnoxious and detrimental to the quality of this list than Milo. For a long time you were in competition with Ibrahim afaiac, of being the most obnoxious and irritating presence here but at least with Ibrahim you can have an honest mud fight, and more importantly it is possible help him staying away from his hateful tantrums against others here.. simply by ignoring his provocations. (A skill I only learned later on and applied happily) Aside his hate-sling-pooh fests.. he wrote normal stuff and totally acceptable opinions. You however, despite being a harmless bloke in heart so me thinks, are immune to anything. Nothing will stop you to stink around in every thread where you always will bring in the same old tired themes of yours.. that we all really know and understand by now. All roads and all threads about various crises in the world lead back to your evil Zionism and how it controls Western foreign politics. You are harmless, but a virulent anti-Semite all the same.

There is not a thread, no matter the subject, where you just have to poo and pee around your obnoxious anti-Western-Zionist drivel - where you see opportunity to do so. I understand the mods are irritated and offended by different things than me, but to me it is offensive. My parents lived through WW2 in the Netherlands, an uncle has been hiding with Jews and was later deported to a concentration camp, my grand mother worked for the underground sabotaging Nazi activity and saving Jewish lives by organizing hiding places. My wife is Jewish and from Israel, her parents escaped from Morocco when life became too dangerous for them there and Israel the only option left. You are in no position to criticize and judge these people and your revisionist claims about the Holocaust are repugnant and vile. You have been howling with the Holocaust deniers from Iran like Achmadine-joke and the psychopath control freak mad cleric Khamenei who also is a Holocaust denier, and cozying up with other anti-Semites wherever you can find them on the web.

Now this is all still personal taste, opinion and what triggers our sensitivities differs per person. I'm sure Typhoon is somewhat more sensitive to criticism of Japan in past or present, than say, of Russia or China. We all have a little nationalistic heart, some tribal honor left even if we deny it and rationalize it away. I'm also pretty sure Typhoon wouldn't like it if he were continuously and falsely accused of something rather.. well.. ugly. For instance posting erotic-sensual images of under-aged girls. A list member who would continue spreading these types of vulgar lies would be rather swiftly banned I can't herlp to think. And so on.

How would I moderate somebody like you? No banning! I'm against it. But I would have a simple request and requirement: stay on topic in the threads. That would include not bringing in Zionism as the culprit around every corner; for that I would dedicate a special section especially for you and those who feel the need to read what you write and maybe even respond to it:

In this special section you can talk about anything of course: how Zionists and big $$ connections pushed for the uprising in the Ukraine, how Jews pull the strings in the financial industry and Hollywood and to what effect. You can blog all those interesting websites you found where US ex-military warn for the influence of Zionists on US foreign policy, and who and where the Jews are connected to those people. I can assure you... pick and shake a random tree, and some Jews will fall down. Given that most Jews are Zionists.. i.e. are of the opinion that the state of Israel has the right to exist and decide on its own destiny.. you better start shaking some more trees HP... ;) :P In Iran they know...these monkey Jews and sons of dogs are hiding behind trees and under stones! Turn them up, turn them over!

Now if you can't control yourself.. and still pee and poo all over the place.. even though the Mod arranged a special place for you where you can indulge in you mono-thematic hobby to back-track the evil muddy roads that all lead to Mount-Zion.. well then you get a warning or two.. and if that doesn't work then your access from then on will be restricted to section ]HP and the Evils of Zionism only.

To cut it all short, this is my suggestion to the Mods of this forum. A special section for HP where he can indulge and can be confined to if he fails to stay on topic in the threads.
Actually HP should be in favor of the Milo Doctrine at least as far as it applies to SA. The negative parts about Iran depend on the Iranian government continuing to be stupid. Which HP seems to insist is the best thing for the Iranian government to do. ;)

http://spengler.atimes.net/viewtopic.ph ... 63#p111463
The Proposal: Let the Royal Saudi family fall. If this happened, we’d never have to worry about Al Quaeda again. They’d instantly be embroiled in the melee at home, as would every good radical, whose foremost concern is the state and condition of Mecca. Don’t worry about the oil, someone will find a way to get it out anyway. And if not, $5.00 per gallon gas for a few years is worth a permanent win.

Let the Iranian and Syrian crazies continue, Ahmedin-jihad is less popular by the day, and when the Radicals in Iran fall, Syria will become impotent and pathetic. They are not a viable threat without Iran.

Does this all sound crazy? Let me tell you something else that sounds crazy. Faced with the overwhelming threat of the Pomegranates descending on Athens, Themistocles argued to allow the Pomegranates to sack Athens, even the Acropolis. Crazy, right? As you all know, this allowed the Greeks to draw the Pomegranates into the sea (allowing the Greeks to engage in a method of warfare at which they were superior) where they were slaughtered and put down for good.

Sometimes the best strategy isn’t the obvious one.

Final Note: I consider myself a Reagan/William Casey Republican, but I have a few things to say about GWB. The Bush approach post 9-11 on the surface may not really sound that bad. Preempt. Spread “democracy”. Etc, etc. Many talk about whether there are parallels between the situation now and WWII, and in some ways yes, some ways no. But here is an aspect that is rarely discussed.

So many people marvel at how the well the Allies were able to reconstruct the defeated Japanese and German nations, while Iraq has been tumultuous. There is a key difference. The German and Japanese people were defeated, while those behind the radicals fighting in Iraq have not been. The people in the Axis countries were killed in large numbers, their cities leveled, their militaries humiliated. They gave up. If we want to win against the current enemy, we must do the same thing if need be. There is still a chance that the modern radical movement may collapse and disintegrate on its own, but this should also be kept in mind.

This may all be a really bad idea, but it’s something new to talk about.
Heracleum Persicum

Am not sure this is the place for this debate , but, as you started, I must answer (I apologize to CS to post this here)

Parodite wrote:HP... you are always wrong about everything. For that part you deserve a medal of sorts. Still baffles me how you manage to do that. You will not even recognize an apple when placed in front of you! ;) You will bluntly claim it is not an apple and when there is no way out for you but to look at the apple and acknowledge it to be what it is... you will start screaming about yoghurt, preferably from magical Iran! Or start looking for Zionist worms that eat any apple on the table... No, let Great Wise Iran heal the Meddle East and cut out all the rot in there... placed by Western powers controlled by dark Zionist voodoo pulling strings!

Look, Parodite, I posted long on ATOL & FT, with David Goldman as moderator and few Rabbies present .. was never accused of antisemitism, they should know better

I have lots of sympathy with Jewish saga in Europe, Spanish and Hitler episode, am quite knowledgeable of facts as I did my school, high school and university in Munich and Zurich

My issue neither with Jewish people nor Israel nor Judaism

Have said many times, in ATOL, FT and here, that it is perfectly understandable that people who had those horrible experience are looking for a safe home .. but .. that home must be "by invitation", meaning the indigini must "agree & accept" the new comers .. said many times, rule by justice and not by sword .. Zionist do not follow that principle

I do not bring Zionist into every thread/debate .. Japan/China/Island, has no relation with Zionist .. Ukraine has because all the papers say so, Soros/Omidyar no Muslim and papers say they financed $ 1+ billion that Ukraine fiasco

I now stick to subject and thread

Re your derogatory remarks about Ahmadinejat, Khamnei or Khomeini, let me remind you, that you as a Dutch with Indonesian genocide history (can post a few stuff to remind you of Dutch atrocities in colonies) (and Afrikaaansk history) should be ashamed belittling leaders of nations that are fighting against demons for their sovereignty and enduring any hardship without "lashing back" although they could.

My recommendation to you is, educate yourself about civilization of "Monrgenland", enrich yourself spiritually

Pomegranates pride themselves to be the most unbiased, tolerant civilization in the world .. when compliment is due I would say so, when condemnation due, also mentioned

(pls, next time, executive summery, I usually don't read long comments)