Complaints

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Complaints

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:.

.. Iranian government continuing to be stupid. Which HP seems to insist is the best thing for the Iranian government to do. ;)

Doc, honestly, reflecting history of last 20 yrs American-Iranian interaction and "things developing" .. reflecting honestly .. do you think Iranian policy were more stupid or American policy more stupid ? ? ?

Look where America was 1995 (w.Bush presidency) and where America today .. compare that with Iran 1995 and today

Who you think is waaaaay ahead ? ? ?

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Doc wrote:.

.. Iranian government continuing to be stupid. Which HP seems to insist is the best thing for the Iranian government to do. ;)

Doc, honestly, reflecting history of last 20 yrs American-Iranian interaction and "things developing" .. reflecting honestly .. do you think Iranian policy were more stupid or American policy more stupid ? ? ?

Iranian policy being more stupid relative to the well being of the entire human race--Most definitely yes. Relative to the people of the ME. Most definitely yes. Relative to the Iranian people. Most definitely yes.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:My issue neither with Jewish people nor Israel nor Judaism.
Sorry.. I misunderstood you then. My understanding of Zionism is precisely that it concerns itself with the Jewish people, Israel and Judaism. A very wide and general concept in fact.. a container of many things, ideas and realities...

I'm happy to now know that Zionism is no issue for you!! :D

Unless.... "Zionism" has a totally different meaning to you :shock: Man, if that's the case.. better be quick and clarify yourself. It would save us all a lot of trouble. But please don't continue that discussion here.. I'm happy to continue in your future section HP and the Evils of Zionism ;)
Deep down I'm very superficial
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:My issue neither with Jewish people nor Israel nor Judaism.
Sorry.. I misunderstood you then. My understanding of Zionism is precisely that it concerns itself with the Jewish people, Israel and Judaism. A very wide and general concept in fact.. a container of many things, ideas and realities...

Unless.... "Zionism" has a totally different meaning to you :shock: Man, if that's the case.. better be quick and clarify yourself. It would save us all a lot of trouble. But please don't continue that discussion here.. I'm happy to continue in your future section HP and the Evils of Zionism ;)

Zionism is a Political movement .. nothing to do with (theology) Judaism .. nothing to do with Jews too, one can be Zionist and no Jew

Arab Jews never wanted to go to Israel .. they were in Arab countries for 1000s of yrs, and, very happy .. reason they had to Flee Morocco was because of Israel actions .. Israel, to populate Palestine, agitated (and sabotaged) so that Arabs turn against their Jewish citizen .. Israel tried to do this to Iranian Jews too, :lol: , did not work

If by Jews meant the "original" Jews, meaning the Hebrew Tribe, Babylonian Jews, they mostly came to Iran (and assimilated) and from Iran went to central Asia and Kavkaz etc, some stayed in Arab countries, some went to Spain etc
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

New thread:

Zionism | Pro and Con

Anyone with conspiracy theories and other novel interpretations re the Joos should post in this thread and nowhere else in the forum.

Off topic posts about Joos in other threads will be deleted.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite wrote:

Zionism is a Political movement .. nothing to do with (theology) Judaism .. nothing to do with Jews too, one can be Zionist and no Jew

Arab Jews never wanted to go to Israel .. they were in Arab countries for 1000s of yrs, and, very happy .. reason they had to Flee Morocco was because of Israel actions .. Israel, to populate Palestine, agitated (and sabotaged) so that Arabs turn against their Jewish citizen .. Israel tried to do this to Iranian Jews too, :lol: , did not work

If by Jews meant the "original" Jews, meaning the Hebrew Tribe, Babylonian Jews, they mostly came to Iran (and assimilated) and from Iran went to central Asia and Kavkaz etc, some stayed in Arab countries, some went to Spain etc
The people who actually matter in this debate, the Jews, don't care what you believe.

The "Complaints" thread is not the thread to debate Zionism and the Jews.

A new specific thread has been created for exactly this purpose.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote:

your answer is here

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Mr. Perfect has been suspended from this forum. Although he is far from being my favourite poster I continue finding it very hard to accept this type of penalties. We are all grown up people and we can simply shrug Mr. P's excesses off without resorting to authoritarian measures. Mr. P's posts are well within the margins of the acceptable, even if he tends to be rude. I therefore protest against this decision.
Heracleum Persicum

Endovelico wrote:Mr. Perfect has been suspended from this forum. Although he is far from being my favourite poster I continue finding it very hard to accept this type of penalties. We are all grown up people and we can simply shrug Mr. P's excesses off without resorting to authoritarian measures. Mr. P's posts are well within the margins of the acceptable, even if he tends to be rude. I therefore protest against this decision.

Mr. Perfect suspended from this forum ? ? ? ? who decided this ? ?

Why ? ? ?

I liked him a lot .. can not imagine a single reason for his suspension, not a single reason

I am petitioning to invite Ibrahim and Mr. Perfect back

This (and any fora) exists (and falls) with it's "participants" .. the administrators should only act as "administrator" and not decide to
ban any participant without asking the fora members .. this no "dictatorship", the posters are the real "we the people" and should have a say who to ban, we no herd of sheep shepperd by administrator .. I am petitioning to ban "Parodite" and that Canadian guy I 4got his name :lol:

Mr. Perfect must come back

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I'm baffled. If anyone was rude it was me.

It is easy to get into a groove of only responding to other's posts without adding any originality or elaboration when one is busy or worried. On a good day this board is like a fine dinner party. Mr. P has been a bit unsocial lately, but it's not like he shat in the punchbowl.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote:I'm baffled. If anyone was rude it was me.

It is easy to get into a groove of only responding to other's posts without adding any originality or elaboration when one is busy or worried. On a good day this board is like a fine dinner party. Mr. P has been a bit unsocial lately, but it's not like he shat in the punchbowl.

true , in a few occasions you were rude :lol: and tasteless

Mr. Perfect is a real American, a perfect American, am puzzled why he should be banned .. his values and moral "conformed" entirely
with American Joe, he was REPRESENTING American Joe on this fora

Why not ban a few of those ZIONIST defenders who whitewash Zionism crimes on Gazan children ? ? :)

I am proposing a "General Strike" by posters, demanding Mr. Perfect be reinstated :)

and

That habit of banning a poster without informing members and give a reason for the ban must be abolished .. we want to know when somebody is banned and why so .. suddenly somebody not posting not good enough

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Guess we'd all moderate and manage a discussion board we take the effort to keep up in the air somewhat differently. As such Typhoon's decision for a month's suspension of Mr.P. just-is-what-is and can be respected.

Anecdotally I remember that Spengler suspended Aunty Pasta also for a few weeks once. I think that created some happy faces... but with little gratitude all the same. Damn if you do damn if you don't. :P
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote:Guess we'd all moderate and manage a discussion board we take the effort to keep up in the air somewhat differently. As such Typhoon's decision for a month's suspension of Mr.P. just-is-what-is and can be respected.

Anecdotally I remember that Spengler suspended Aunty Pasta also for a few weeks once. I think that created some happy faces... but with little gratitude all the same. Damn if you do damn if you don't. :P

MP suspended (only) for a month ? ?

Hmmmm

Well, that's OK .. MP can have a "Pilgrimage" to Occupied Palestine, visiting Ghods, visiting Bayt al-Muqaddas (Al-Aqsa Mosque), and maybe a Palestinian orphanage, and come back a better MENSCH :lol:

Waiting for MP return

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I think I'll lay out for a month. No particular fan of MP, and CS has gotta do what he's gotta do . . too heavy-handed for me . .

Look me up on Facebook or send me a PM . .
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote:Guess we'd all moderate and manage a discussion board we take the effort to keep up in the air somewhat differently. As such Typhoon's decision for a month's suspension of Mr.P. just-is-what-is and can be respected.

I think it is a mistake. As a general rule I am against banning anyone outside of doing illegal things or threatening to do illegal things. Pasta does not = Mr. P in any way shape or form. Pasta was banned because she was allowed to post so much hateful stuff that just about everyone came to the same conclusion about her. Which is how you do it. As adults all we have to do is ignore those who are not acting like adults. So rule of thumb if people feel compelled to respond to someone other than to call them on specific, certifiable, bad behavior, that can be pointed to, then I think banning is inappropriate, counter productive, and divisive. It just doesn't work very well. At least I have never seen it work very well except in extreme conditions.. -- Anyway just my two cents..
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:

I think it is a mistake. As a general rule I am against banning anyone outside of doing illegal things or threatening to do illegal things. Pasta does not = Mr. P in any way shape or form. Pasta was banned because she was allowed to post so much hateful stuff that just about everyone came to the same conclusion about her. Which is how you do it. As adults all we have to do is ignore those who are not acting like adults. So rule of thumb if people feel compelled to respond to someone other than to call them on specific, certifiable, bad behavior, that can be pointed to, then I think banning is inappropriate, counter productive, and divisive. It just doesn't work very well. At least I have never seen it work very well except in extreme conditions.. -- Anyway just my two cents..

seconded

Doc is right

I enjoyed debating with Pasta, teasing her

But, Doc, why you guys petitioned banning "AzariLoveIran" ? ? ?

I was always polite, never insulted anyone, only posted facts from AAA sources

Well, have to admit, so far, Colonel Sun has shown "Geduld", though he warns Azari periodically his patience running out :lol:

Joke aside, I agree with Doc, nobody should banned unless doing something illegal .. poor Mr. Perfect as good as an corn fed American RedNeck Joe, nice guy in heart.

Glad he comin back in a month.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:

seconded

Doc is right

Well, have to admit, so far, Colonel Sun has shown "Geduld", though he warns Azari periodically his patience running out :lol:

Joke aside, I agree with Doc, nobody should banned unless doing something illegal .. poor Mr. Perfect as good as an corn fed American RedNeck Joe, nice guy in heart.

I can only speak for myself AZ IF it was up to me I would not ban you. I enjoy debating with you even if there I times my patience runs low. Just part of the game.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

seconded

Doc is right

I can only speak for myself AZ IF it was up to me I would not ban you. I enjoy debating with you even if there I times my patience runs low. Just part of the game.

fair enough

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I say ban HP for posting not-so-beautiful wimmen in the beautiful wimmen thread. :lol:

Then ban him again for NOT posting a picture of the beautiful Iranian math Nobel laureate.

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote:I say ban HP for posting not-so-beautiful wimmen in the beautiful wimmen thread. :lol:

Then ban him again for NOT posting a picture of the beautiful Iranian math Nobel laureate.

swLWqlKMl5M

Interesting enough, she was not interested in math in school, but her brother and principle of her school encouraged her to study math

She a very down to earth person, married to an American now.

http://www.iranreview.org/content/Docum ... -Minds.htm

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Nuthin' like Iranian wimmen with sharp figures . . .

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Doc wrote:

I think it is a mistake. As a general rule I am against banning anyone outside of doing illegal things or threatening to do illegal things. Pasta does not = Mr. P in any way shape or form. Pasta was banned because she was allowed to post so much hateful stuff that just about everyone came to the same conclusion about her. Which is how you do it.
I never found Pasta hateful, just obnoxious and often a lazy stereotyper. And she was certainly never personally offensive or rude. She could also contribute with informative posts.

Stereotyping groups of people in a negative way is often considered a major sin... and a reason to be banned. As if such an evil meme has to be clinically removed before it starts to infect the gullible masses. Some paranoia there me thinks.

For me it depends on who does the stereotyping, if you smell any hateful armpits between the lines. Pasta maybe used a good deodorant... dunno. I didn't smell much there. :o
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Nuthin' like Iranian wimmen with sharp figures . . .

Now & B4.jpg
Now & B4.jpg (13.64 KiB) Viewed 1981 times

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-E ... head-scarf

Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote:
Doc wrote:

I think it is a mistake. As a general rule I am against banning anyone outside of doing illegal things or threatening to do illegal things. Pasta does not = Mr. P in any way shape or form. Pasta was banned because she was allowed to post so much hateful stuff that just about everyone came to the same conclusion about her. Which is how you do it.
I never found Pasta hateful, just obnoxious and often a lazy stereotyper. And she was certainly never personally offensive or rude. She could also contribute with informative posts.

Stereotyping groups of people in a negative way is often considered a major sin... and a reason to be banned. As if such an evil meme has to be clinically removed before it starts to infect the gullible masses. Some paranoia there me thinks.

For me it depends on who does the stereotyping, if you smell any hateful armpits between the lines. Pasta maybe used a good deodorant... dunno. I didn't smell much there. :o

Pasta was vicious, hateful and a bully .. in many instances illiterate (you said anything, she ran to Wiki, copy pasted rubbish hoping to wear you down) .. but, I always loved to tease her as I knew which button to push to make she go banana, a garden-variety Zionist

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote:
Doc wrote:

Being over generalizing about a people is what I was referring to as hateful. It doesn't make the world a better place. When I see someone - anyone over-generalizing about an ethnic group, I guess you could say I am wondering what all the deodorant is about. I mean isn't the stereotyping a form of deodorant?