The Donald....the newest savior.....

noddy

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:colonel sun: blah blah facts blah

napster: https://www.google.com/search?q=tony+abbott+speedos
(australias recently deposed conservative leader had a thing for budgie smugglers in public appearances)
Amen. Facts, facts, facts, that'll destroy the intellectual Bilderberg front group called OTNOT quicker than........ something really quick.

If the Gere/gerbil thing involved cocaine, and body cavities, it reminds me of the old joke about San Francisco:
What did the brown gerbil say to the white gerbil? You must be new in town!

I'm starting to re-assess Alex's altruistic motives for importing refugee Syrian hamsters. :o :shock:

Could a selfless individual really love a hamster?
imagine my shock when i discovered gerbils actually are... swarthy rodents.
ultracrepidarian
manolo

Post by manolo »

Simple Minded wrote: Could a selfless individual really love a hamster?
Apologies for derail, one post only on this philosophy section issue.

SM,

I would say 'No', if it means keeping the little fellow in a cage. Ours is a big one, with lots of tubes and stuff, but he is still a prisoner. :cry:

Many moons ago I actually let a hamster go, and he lived under the floor for a few days and then came back. I kidded myself that this was ethically OK, cos of the voluntary return, but was deceiving myself.

Alex.
noddy

Post by noddy »

manolo wrote:

SM,

I would say 'No', if it means keeping the little fellow in a cage. Ours is a big one, with lots of tubes and stuff, but he is still a prisoner. :cry:

Many moons ago I actually let a hamster go, and he lived under the floor for a few days and then came back. I kidded myself that this was ethically OK, cos of the voluntary return, but was deceiving myself.

Alex.
think of it as a city person living in their ghetto apartment on social welfare.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:colonel sun: blah blah facts blah

napster: https://www.google.com/search?q=tony+abbott+speedos
(australias recently deposed conservative leader had a thing for budgie smugglers in public appearances)
Good thing he wasn't PM or that would have required that the Queen become involved . . . or at least her representative, His Excellency :wink:
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

manolo wrote:

SM,

Alex.
Even semi human relationships are problematic. Cause of the human half that wants to impose it's will on the other half who is living in accordance with its nature?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
manolo wrote:

SM,

Alex.
think of it as a city person living in their ghetto apartment on social welfare.
:lol:

See above post on humans exercising control. Playing god with the lives of others is fun, provided you get to play the god.
Alexis

And how can this be?

Post by Alexis »

manolo wrote:Donald Trump has told Californians that there is no drought. According to him, politicians are misusing their water, which he will restore to them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... de4414f435

Is anyone going to believe this?
Have you not understood already?

(go to time 0'50'')
DVx6bXoCnC0
Sister Alia: And how can this be? For he IS the KWISATZ HADERACH!
manolo

Post by manolo »

Simple Minded wrote: Even semi human relationships are problematic. Cause of the human half that wants to impose it's will on the other half who is living in accordance with its nature?
SM,

To avoid further derail, I'll thread this in philosophy.

Alex.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

Donald Trump has just received an important endorsement in his campaign for POTUS.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... nald-trump

What's not to like? :)

Alex.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

manolo wrote:Folks,

Donald Trump has just received an important endorsement in his campaign for POTUS.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... nald-trump

What's not to like? :)

Alex.
Unsolicited . . . one presumes

How many Americans will change whom they will vote for based on this endorsement?

My guess is as many as would change their vote based on a OTNOT endorsement . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Traditionally, Ayatollahs, last few POTUS elections, always cast the "king maker" vote.

mad mullahs still thinking who should be next POTUS .. once they decided, they might pull a "stunt" to push POTUS into
a "ZugZwang".

2B fair (to mad mullahs), Melania, makes things difficult. :lol:

Melania-Trump-trump-wife-1.jpg
Melania-Trump-trump-wife-1.jpg (35.64 KiB) Viewed 1396 times

But

Hillary in Hijab 4sure would "brake the ice". :lol:

manolo

Post by manolo »

Typhoon wrote:

How many Americans will change whom they will vote for based on this endorsement?
Typhoon,

The North Koreans have their motives for endorsing Trump; its 'Yankee go home'. However, on a lighter note maybe Kim recognises a like mind. :D

http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2016/05/26/s ... d-c-video/

Alex.
YMix

Post by YMix »

US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has reacted angrily after a leading golf tournament was moved from one of his courses to Mexico.

The PGA Tour said it could not find sponsors to hold the 2017 World Golf Championship at Mr Trump's Doral course in Miami.

Mr Trump said the PGA had "put profit ahead of thousands of American jobs".
Seeing that he doesn't want profits put ahead of jobs, he should have offered to host the tournament for free.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/ ... exico-city

Visibly displeased, Trump says that this decision “..embodies the very reason I am running for president...”

That figures. :lol:

Alex.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

manolo wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Typhoon,

The North Koreans have their motives for endorsing Trump; its 'Yankee go home'. However, on a lighter note maybe Kim recognises a like mind. :D

http://twitchy.com/sd-3133/2016/05/26/s ... d-c-video/

Alex.
Maybe Kim is just looking for a better hair dresser?

Dress for success as they say.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The Donald's response to the Trump University criticism.

2GHBBUrWpf4
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Looks like the press have finally found something that they can try and pin on Trump although it is small potatoes compared to Harridan Hillary's email and server issues.

The part that would be most worrisome, if I were a US citizen, is purely politically motivated AGs becoming involved in the middle of a campaign.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Typhoon wrote:Looks like the press have finally found something that they can try and pin on Trump although it is small potatoes compared to Harridan Hillary's email and server issues.

The part that would be most worrisome, if I were a US citizen, is purely politically motivated AGs becoming involved in the middle of a campaign.
Typhoon,

What we really need to see is Trump's anger. It has been surfacing a little with the 'university' thing but his reaction to the press generally was better. It will only take one melt down and he's finished. :)

Alex.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:The Donald's response to the Trump University criticism.

2GHBBUrWpf4
"The returns were... incalculable!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Investors that can't even calculate return.

Brilliant.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Aaaaaand sure enough, Googling the people who appear in the video reveals that they are "professional testimonial givers" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Typhoon wrote:Looks like the press have finally found something that they can try and pin on Trump although it is small potatoes compared to Harridan Hillary's email and server issues.
Right. Sending mundane emails from the wrong computer is way worse than maliciously and willfully destroying the finances of thousands.
That's a legitimate concern. Imagine what litigious east coast sleazebag Donald Trump and his AG Christie Kreme would unleash.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Zack Morris wrote:Aaaaaand sure enough, Googling the people who appear in the video reveals that they are "professional testimonial givers" :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is hysterical. :lol:
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Zack Morris wrote:
Right. Sending mundane emails from the wrong computer is way worse than maliciously and willfully destroying the finances of thousands.
The US State Department apparently takes a different view.
Zack Morris wrote:
That's a legitimate concern. Imagine what litigious east coast sleazebag Donald Trump and his AG Christie Kreme would unleash.
Speculation about future actions is not the same.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Remember that brief window of time when The Donald seemed like he might surprise and turn out to be the upside candidate? I miss those days. Things are getting boring now that he has adopted some of the worst of a Dubya-era GOP platform. No smart policies. No "smartest people" advising him. And it turns he's not even rich enough to tell off the big GOP interest groups like some folks here thought he could.

Some people just never learn what's good for them. What can you do? (If you're the Donald: rob them blind!)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Zack Morris wrote:Remember that brief window of time when The Donald seemed like he might surprise and turn out to be the upside candidate? I miss those days. Things are getting boring now that he has adopted some of the worst of a Dubya-era GOP platform. No smart policies. No "smartest people" advising him. And it turns he's not even rich enough to tell off the big GOP interest groups like some folks here thought he could.

Some people just never learn what's good for them. What can you do? (If you're the Donald: rob them blind!)
As much as I dislike the Trumpster, he's still the lesser of two evils when weighed against the venal Harridan Hillary.