Liberal intolerance

Doc

Re: Liberal intolerance

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:Yes, you need to add a lot more. Because that sounds like illogical nonsense. Maybe you should first start with a more modest proposal: step aside and let techies run the nation.

Illogical like in posting the unemployment numbers without including the millions that have given up on ever finding a job? That kind of illogical?

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm
U-6 Total unemployed, plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force

Seasonally adjusted
June 2013 14.2
Feb. 2014 12.6
Mar. 2014 12.7
Apr. 2014 12.3
May 2014 12.2
June 2014 12.1
Note that this does not include people that have gotten disability which is now at an all time record high as percentage of total population.

And that doesn't even explain things as well a the official BLS graph on labor participation rates

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
Series Id: LNS11300000
Seasonally Adjusted
Series title: (Seas) Labor Force Participation Rate
Labor force status: Civilian labor force participation rate
Type of data: Percent or rate

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
manolo

Post by manolo »

Doc wrote:
Note that this does not include people that have gotten disability which is now at an all time record high as percentage of total population.
Doc,

That's a good sign.

Alex.
Doc

Post by Doc »

manolo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Doc,

That's a good sign.

Alex.
How is it a good sign that some many people have no other choice, because they have no chance to get a job so go on disability to survive?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

I think that Hoffer hit the nail in the nail on the head in his book "The True Believer"

Those who see their lives as spoiled and wasted crave equality and fraternity more than they do freedom. If they clamor for freedom, it is but freedom to establish equality and uniformity. The passion for equality is partly a passion for anonymity: to be one thread of the many which make up a tunic; one thread not distinguishable from the others. No one can then point us out, measure us against others and expose our inferiority.

They who clamor loudest for freedom are often the ones least likely to be happy in a free society. The frustrated, oppressed by their shortcomings, blame their failure on existing restraints. Actually, their innermost desire is for an end to the "free for all." They want to eliminate free competition and the ruthless testing to which the individual is continually subjected in a free society.

The True Believer, Section 28 (1951)
Doc

Post by Doc »

Leftists try to do a virtual book burning and FAIL. The people running Costco are big time leftists What is interesting about the timing of teh book being pulled from Costco's selves on July 1st is that the movie came out of July 2nd BTW the I give two thumbs up to the movie. It is not exactly what one would expect.

Dinesh D'Souza on Costco's 'political decision' to pull book
Guests: Dinesh D'Souza
This is a rush transcript from "Hannity," July 8, 2014. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP, "THE KELLY FILE," JULY 4)

DINESH D'SOUZA, "AMERICA" AUTHOR: When I came to America, I was stunned by the abundance of ordinary life. The rich guys live well everywhere, but I was struck by how good the ordinary fellow has it in America. And then I was also struck by the goodness and idealism of the American people. Even when they fall short, they always want to do better.

And then I saw this sort of ferocious leftist critique of America.

It's coming from some of our most intelligent people in America on the American campus. And then over the years, I see this critique metastasize out of the campus, into Hollywood, into the media, and then now I think into the corridors of government. So we're seeing -- we call it the shaming of America, an attack on America. It's completely wrong-headed.

SEAN HANNITY, HOST: That was my next guest, author, filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza. Now, he, of course, the man behind the film "2016: Obama's America," which was a huge hit. And you may remember that soon after the release of that documentary, well, he just so happened to be indicted.

Well, tonight, on the heels of the release of his latest project, there are reports that the retail giant Costco may have decided to pull the best-seller "America" from its bookshelves. Now, our producers reached out to Costco. They gave us a statement.

It reads in part, "Costco is not influenced by political considerations in selecting product for sale in our warehouses or on Costco.com. This includes our selection of books. Our book buyers are solely interested in book sales and do not favor any political persuasion over another. Recently, after deciding to sell the book "America: Imagine the World Without Her," beginning on June 1st, a decision was made to pull the book from sale on July 1st. Now, that decision was based solely on the number of copies sold during that month and had nothing to do with the content of the book. After we made the return, the documentary was released about the book. Since then there's been heightened interest by our membership base and brisk sales at locations still in stock. Therefore, we have made the decision to reorder the book."

And joining me to talk about what this apparent is happening here -- apparently is happening here, the author of the brand-new movie, "America," in movie theaters all across the country, Dinesh D'Souza. How are you?

D'SOUZA: Sean, it's good to be on the show.

HANNITY: I don't often hear of a book being pulled that quick -- you're a well-known best-selling author -- and then being put back on the shelves. What do you make of it?

D'SOUZA: It's very bizarre behavior. The book came out about three weeks ago. About a week ago, it surpassed Hillary's book on Amazon. It's actually currently number one on the Amazon best-seller list. So the sales of the book have been strong. And then, of course, a few days ago, my movie opened in 1,100 theaters around the country.

So obviously, that's -- the book is a companion for the film. And so right on the eve of that, Costco decides, some top executives issue the edict, Pull every book from the Costco shelves.

This is absolutely unprecedented, and the idea that it's based upon low sales is preposterous. Costco features hundreds of books. They even have book signings for people whose books are 10,000, number 85,000 on the Amazon list.

So this is clearly a political decision that they made. I think it's because of their alliance with the Obama administration.

HANNITY: Well, I want to...

D'SOUZA: And now they're feeling the heat, so they're trying to figure out how to wriggle out of it.

HANNITY: Well, they wiggled out of it. They're putting it back in. By the way, your first film, "2016: Obama's America," was the second most successful documentary since what, the 1980s? It was hugely successful.

D'SOUZA: It was the second most successful documentary -- political documentary ever. And the new film, which opened just a few days ago, is already in the top 10 of political documentaries of all time. So in a few days, we're already on that elite list.

The other thing, Sean, that I think is very exciting for me is that there's a group called Cinema Score (ph), which interviews people coming out of films to see whether they would recommend the film to other people. We just got an A-plus rating, and there are only a handful of films over 30 years, films like "Forrest Gump" or "Titanic" or "Schindler's List" that have gotten that A-plus rating. So it tells you that people who see the film...

HANNITY: They like it.

D'SOUZA: ... love it. And this is why the left is so terrified about the book and film.

HANNITY: By the way...

D'SOUZA: They have the capacity to inspire in people a love for America that the left has been trying to undermine through the curriculum and through its anti-American attacks.

HANNITY: And I do have a cameo in that movie and I'm very proud of my little part that I played. Dinesh, let me put up on the screen the Washington Post. I want to run through the connections between the president and Costco here for a second. And for example, the Washington Post article on Obama and their relationship, "Why Obama Hearts Costco." Then we have an ABC News article on Obama and the Costco relationship titled "Why $20.89 Explains President Obama's Love for Costco." Then we have got President Obama praising Costco and its former CEO. Let's play that for our audience.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIPS)

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: I'll be asking our businesses to set an example by providing decent wages and salaries to their own employees. And I'm going to highlight the ones that do just that. There are companies like Costco which pays good wages and offers good benefits.

(APPLAUSE)

OBAMA: Profitable corporations like Costco see higher wages as a smart way to boost productivity. Costco's founder, Jim Senegal, who's been a great friend of mine and somebody who I greatly admire.

(END VIDEO CLIPS)

HANNITY: And two of the things to put on the screen, we have the former CEO's donations to President Obama in the year 2012, $100,000. And Costco employee donations in '08 and 2012, $203,000. That's an awful lot of money. And so you think this was politically motivated?

D'SOUZA: Well, here's the remarkable thing. A CEO might like Obama, Obama might like the company might, the top executives may donate to Obama, and still Costco could realize, listen, we're a national chain. We have customers all across the political spectrum. We're not going to let that kind of politics interfere in the way that we organize our business.

I think what's interesting here is that the left in this country has so much intolerance that they're not only trying to go after me through the courts, they also figure out, let's try to ruin this guy's livelihood. Let's try to make sure that people don't see his film. Let's try to make sure they don't buy his books. And the left is willing to wage that kind of a scorched earth campaign through a company like Costco because Costco decided to order the book. So somebody else came to them and said, what, you have this guy D'Souza's book? Don't you realize that he's an antagonist of Obama? And then the Costco guys went into a huddle and said, OK, let's pull the book.

So clearly this is a consummation of a kind of leftist strategy to go after me for the effrontery to make a second film now that deals with the left and progressivism.

HANNITY: It's back in the stores now. Public pressure. Dinesh, thank you for being with me.

D'SOUZA: My pleasure.
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/t ... -pull-book
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Looks like some black folks going racist on obama.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... chicagoan/
Black residents of Chicago’s South Side, who recently rallied to decry a spate of violence in the city, ripped President Obama for ignoring their plight while pushing for funding for illegal immigrants at their expense.

The protest against the rash of shootings was staged Friday at the Chicago Police Department headquarters building. Over the Fourth of July weekend, nine people were killed and more than 60 injured, authorities said.
Demonstrators blasted the Obama administration’s inaction in Chicago while federal funds are earmarked to help the roughly 50,000 illegal immigrants who have crossed into America since October.

“Mr. President, we’re asking for you,” one woman said. “You’re spending billions of dollars in Texas, but we’ve a problem here in Chicago. We will not stand by this here, and keep letting this senseless killing and shooting happen in our community.”
Look at this, a black person trivializing slavery. No words from CS or Zack Morris.
Another resident said, “Today, if you look at the time that we were brought here as slaves 400 years ago, we got the same results today.”
One man called for Mr. Obama to step down if he continued to shun the city’s problems.

“For the president to set aside all of these funds for immigrants and [have] forsaken the African-American community, I think that’s a disgrace,” the man told the blog Rebel Pundit. “He will go down as the worst president ever elected. Bill Clinton was the African-American president.”
Wow. Strong feelings out there.
Censorship isn't necessary
manolo

Post by manolo »

Doc wrote:
I have been seeing what appears to be an army of ultra extreme left plastering hate against conservatives all over internet forums. Either they are turning into the walking dead or they are organized. Just too many of the same talking points posted over and over in quick proximity. Posts like "The stupid ignorant violent racist Teabaggers are a hate group"
Doc,

I'm shocked! :shock:

Alex.
Doc

Post by Doc »

manolo wrote:
Doc wrote:
I have been seeing what appears to be an army of ultra extreme left plastering hate against conservatives all over internet forums. Either they are turning into the walking dead or they are organized. Just too many of the same talking points posted over and over in quick proximity. Posts like "The stupid ignorant violent racist Teabaggers are a hate group"
Doc,

I'm shocked! :shock:

Alex.
Shocked that there seems to be an organized effort to put Obama's scandal's to sleep with talking points bots? If so the MSM is certainly doing that so why you are *SHOCKED!"
MRC's Notable Quotables: If GOP Ruled, IRS Scandal 'Would Be a National Obsession'

By Rich Noyes | July 14, 2014 | 09:37
0 30 Reddit0 0
A A
Rich Noyes's picture

Now online: the July 14 edition of Notable Quotables, MRC’s bi-weekly compilation of the latest outrageous quotes in the liberal media. This week, former ABC News political director Mark Halperin blurts the truth about the media's neglect of the IRS scandal: "With a different administration, one that was a Republican administration, this story would be a national obsession."

But two days later, NBC News political director Chuck Todd suggested it was all a Republican ploy: "Are there any actual real victims?" while a longtime White House correspondent insists the press corps "would be galloping after" the IRS story if there was only "proof of a crime." Highlights are posted after the jump; the entire issue is posted online, with 20 quotes at www.MRC.org.

If GOP Ruled, IRS Scandal “Would Be a National Obsession”

“[The IRS scandal is] a test for the media....[When] any government agency, particularly one as powerful as the IRS, engages in something that even people sympathetic to the administration say looks weird and suspicious, it’s incumbent upon on all of the national media to aggressively ask more questions. The Republicans in Congress are asking questions. I think with a different administration, one that was a Republican administration, this story would be a national obsession.”
— MSNBC and Time magazine senior political analyst Mark Halperin, formerly the political director for ABC News, on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, June 23.

Mocking IRS’s Targeting of Tea Party: “Are There Any Actual Real Victims?”

“Here is the story many are missing: Why should primarily political organizations get a taxpayer exemption, basically get a handout from the tax code?...So while the IRS is certainly not a good guy here — they have been terrible about being forthcoming — are there any actual real victims?...We know what really is working here for Republicans. Beating up the IRS, good for the base. Good politics there makes for great fundraising e-mails. But let’s remember what the controversy itself is about.”
— NBC News political director and chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd’s “Takeaway” on his daily 9am ET MSNBC show The Daily Rundown, June 25.

If Only Some “Proof,” Journalists Would “Be Galloping After” IRS Story

“All these hearings, all these investigations — where’s the proof of the crime? Howie, this morning, there were 100,000 stories on Google News about the IRS investigation. There’s a welter of coverage... but there’s no proof of a crime. And the coverage reflects that. Every journalist in town would love if there was proof of a scandal, they would be galloping after it. They’re not trying to protect President Obama. That’s over.”
— Sirius-XM Press Pass radio host Julie Mason, a former White House correspondent for the Houston Chronicle, Washington Examiner and Politico.com, on the June 29 edition of FNC’s MediaBuzz.

A Truly “Welcoming” America Would Not Protest Illegals

ABC reporter David Wright: “This week, protesters here [in Murrieta, CA] blocked several busloads of undocumented immigrants. They hoped to do so again today, but the anti-immigrant protesters were outnumbered three to one, and, so far, the buses haven’t come....Today, at a ceremony for new citizens in Washington, D.C., the President made no mention of the anger across the Southwest.”
President Obama: “The basic idea of welcoming immigrants to our shores is central to our way of life. It is in our DNA.”
Wright: “But it sure doesn’t look that way in Murrieta. David Wright, ABC News, Los Angeles.”
— ABC’s World News, July 4.

“When you see the footage of these furious crowds yelling ‘Go home, go home,’ I think it brings — I will say personally, I found it to be a shameful moment to be an American, to see people treated like that, people who are seeking a new day here in America.”
— Host Alex Wagner on MSNBC’s Now with Alex Wagner, July 2.
Story Continues Below Ad ↓

Now That It’s Obama, MSNBC Decides Impeachment = “Treason”

Fill-in host Michael Eric Dyson: “The President is acutely aware of the dire situation facing the children and their families crossing into the United States, as evidenced by his tireless effort to help them. The President’s push towards positive and crucial change was met with treasonous accusations.”
Clip of Sarah Palin: “The tipping point in this drive towards impeachment for me has been the illegal immigration issue, the crisis created by Obama.”
— MSNBC’s The Ed Show, July 9.

vs.

“Mr. Bush, our presence in Iraq must end, even if it means your resignation, even if it means your impeachment.”
— Then-MSNBC host Keith Olbermann on Countdown, September 4, 2007.

Fawning Over Kerry and His Hollywood “Bromance”

Co-host Savannah Guthrie: “From breakfast with senators and the ceremonial duties of office to back-to-back trips to the White House, Secretary of State John Kerry has taken his new job and run with it....It’s a moment a lifetime in the making. The son of a foreign service officer, a decorated Vietnam veteran who famously came to protest the war, a senator for decades, and a former presidential candidate, Kerry seems more determined now than ever to make his mark....The job is not without glamour, with Angelina Jolie last week at a London conference and Leonardo DiCaprio this week talking ocean conservation. [To Kerry] They call this ‘the bromance picture to end all bromance pictures.’”
Secretary of State Kerry, laughing: “It’s the angle. It’s not a fair angle.”
— Profiling Kerry on NBC’s Today, June 20.

Ex-Correspondents Agree: Media Have Been Helping Obama

“I think to some degree they [journalists] have been played by propaganda interests who suggest that if these stories are covered they are simply phony scandals and Republican-generated, which they’re not, in my opinion. From a neutral viewpoint, there are many important questions to be asked and implications here. But the propaganda campaign says that if you’re interested in the story you’re a conservative and a right-wing nut. And media should not be swayed by that, but I think to some degree they are.”
— Former CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson on FBN’s Lou Dobbs Tonight, June 19, talking about the lack of coverage of Obama’s various scandals.

“Overall, the mainstream media has been less eager to hold this administration accountable than it was to hold the Bush administration accountable.”
— Former NBC News investigative correspondent Lisa Myers in a soundbite played in a story on NPR’s Morning Edition, July 7.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes ... nal-obsess
Doc

Post by Doc »

Perhaps this thread should be renamed Liberal Intolerance in the Federal Government.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... ed-emails/
Former IRS Official Calls Conservatives ‘Crazies’ and Worse in Newly Released Emails

By John Parkinson

Jul 30, 2014 1:59pm

Former IRS senior official Lois Lerner apparently believed conservatives were “a–holes” and “crazies,” according to emails released by the House Ways and Means Committee today.

In a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder, committee chairman Rep. Dave Camp, R-Michigan, released a redacted email exchange from Lerner’s official IRS email account that Republicans believe shows she held personal bias and hostility against conservatives.

In the Nov. 9, 2012 email evidently sent while Lerner was vacationing in England, she appeared to refer to conservatives as “a–holes” and suggest they could cause the downfall of the federal government.

“So we don’t need to worry about alien teRrorists. (sic) It’s our own crazies that will take us down,” Lerner wrote in an email to a recipient whose identity was redacted. A Republican aide at the Ways and Means Committee said the person Lerner was emailing was not an agency employee.

The unknown person said American talk radio shows were “scary to listen to” and said callers to those shows were “rabid.”

Did Lois Lerner Botch Fifth Amendment Rights?

House Finds Ex-IRS Official Lois Lerner in Contempt of Congress

The House voted earlier this year to find Lerner in contempt of Congress and also, on a separate resolution, to request that Holder appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the targeting of conservative nonprofit groups and possible criminal wrongdoing at the IRS.

So far, Holder, who is also the target of articles impeachment in the House, has maintained that he will not comply with the House’s request.

“Despite the serious investigation and evidence this committee has undertaken into the IRS’s targeting of individuals for their beliefs, there is no indication that DOJ is taking this matter seriously,” Camp said. “In light of this new information, I hope DOJ will aggressively pursue this case and finally appoint a special counsel, so the full truth can be revealed and justice is served.”
Mr. Perfect

Re: Left wing supply siders

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Tax breaks for me and not for thee.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/r ... ork-723722
The actor claims he paid the taxes in Utah and doesn't owe any more money.

Robert Redford is suing New York state related to the sale of Sundance Channel.

The actor-director sued the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance in Albany County Supreme Court on July 30 claiming that he's being overtaxed on money his company made when it sold off a stake in the channel in 2005.

According to Courthouse News Service, Redford is being taxed $1.6 million by New York ($845,066 in taxes plus $727,404 in interest owed) on the money he made. But Redford, a Utah resident, says he paid taxes on the revenue in Utah and therefore doesn't owe New York.
Simple Minded

Re: Left wing supply siders

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Tax breaks for me and not for thee.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/r ... ork-723722
The actor claims he paid the taxes in Utah and doesn't owe any more money.

Robert Redford is suing New York state related to the sale of Sundance Channel.

The actor-director sued the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance in Albany County Supreme Court on July 30 claiming that he's being overtaxed on money his company made when it sold off a stake in the channel in 2005.

According to Courthouse News Service, Redford is being taxed $1.6 million by New York ($845,066 in taxes plus $727,404 in interest owed) on the money he made. But Redford, a Utah resident, says he paid taxes on the revenue in Utah and therefore doesn't owe New York.
Also true of every single person I have ever met (whom I know on a first name basis) who calls themselves a Leftie, a Liberal, a socialist, a "proud liberal democrat", a Marxist, etc.

In their minds, "My money, family, and myself are outside the realm of what I prescribe for others. My proselytizing is my contribution."

The nauseous look on my friend's face (who loved to quote Marx), when I looked at his infant daughter and said "there is my future benefactor, from her according to her abilities, to me according to my needs" was absolutely priceless. The moment when decades of his preaching collided with 10 seconds of actual thought!

Humans are loaded with hypocrisy.
Witness the Kennedy's and Warren Buffet proclaiming the rich should pay their pay share while they hire lawyers and accountants to reduce their tax burden. Witness politicians or the rich who employ armed security personnel while proclaiming the poor should not be able to buy firearms.
Witness the yutes who are not flocking to pay increased health care premiums after supporting Obamacare.
Then, when it comes to religion, hypocrites are legion.

What I FEEL or IMAGINE others should do or society should be..... often conflicts with what I THINK is in the best interests of me, my family, or my tribe.

When cost of ideology gets personal...... people are amazingly consistent. At least we have that going for us.

What a beautiful world it would be "If only people would preach what they practice!"
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

http://eagnews.org/woman-fired-from-bla ... ck-enough/
A biracial woman has won her case against her former employer – the Black Educators Association – after human rights officials deemed she had been bullied by co-workers for being “not really black enough” to do her job.

Rachel Brothers was hired by the Black Educators Association in 2006 and almost immediately came under fire from subordinate Catherine Collier who, according to the Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission, made it clear she thought Brothers was too young and too light-skinned to represent the race-based organization to the community, The Chronicle Herald reports.

Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Rush Limbaugh says ‘leftist ways’ killed Robin Williams

“He had everything, everything that you would think would make you happy. But it didn’t. Now, what’s the left’s worldview in general? What is it? It you had to attach not a philosophy but an attitude to a leftists worldview, it’s one of pessimism and darkness, sadness. They’re never happy are they? They’re always angry about something. Not matter what they get, they’re always angry,” ..

“He had it all, but he had nothing. He made everybody else laugh but was miserable inside. I mean, it fits a certain picture, or a certain image that the left has. Talk about low expectations and general happiness and so forth,” says Limbaugh.

“He could never get over the guilt that they died and he didn’t. Well, that’s a constant measurement that is made by political leftists in judging the country. It’s outcome-based education 2 + 2 = 5.”

:lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

Confessions of a former revolutionary Maxist

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/ ... ation.html
How I am partly to blame for Mass Immigration

The following article, on Mass Immigration, its history and importance, was published in the Mail on Sunday on 31st March:

WAS this Britain? Every group of people I passed was speaking Russian.

The shops were full of black bread, pickled cucumbers and vodka, the faces were Slavic.

The advertisements in the windows were in the Cyrillic script I had come to know so well when I lived, many years before, in Moscow.

Yet here I was in the shadow of a lovely English Gothic church tower, half-way to dear old Skegness, surrounded by fields of English turnips, leeks and sugar beet, under an English heaven.

This was Boston, Lincolnshire, which I had first seen three decades ago as a somnolent, slightly shabby market town where a kindly traffic warden had found me a parking space, saying: 'We can always find room for a foreigner.'

In those days, a visitor from London was about as foreign as it got in Boston.

Now they were talking Portuguese in the pubs, Polish in the cafes, Latvian and Estonian on the buses.

If I had fallen into the river and called out 'Help!', I couldn't even have been sure that anyone would have understood.

Somehow this transformation was more of a shock, more disturbing and perplexing, than any of the other migration-driven changes I had seen.

And that tended to be the attitude of the older residents - not anger, hatred or hostility, we are not like that - but bafflement that such a huge thing could have erupted into their peaceful lives, without anyone warning or asking them.

We had all got used to London being different, long ago.

The former mill towns of Yorkshire and Lancashire, with their huge new mosques and veiled women, were a place apart.

But Lincolnshire?

If it could come here, into Deep England, then it would come to everywhere.

It really is not much good the Prime Minister turning round now and saying to the people of Boston 'this must stop'.

Even if anyone believed he can or will do anything (and his various schemes are as firmly based as Theresa May's promises to get rid of Abu Qatada), the event has happened.

The greatest mass migration in our history has taken place.

The newcomers are lawfully here.

They have the jobs, live in the houses, use the NHS.

Their children are in the schools.

Come to that, they are paying tax.

Our leaders only had to go to Boston, any time in the past five years, and they would have known.

But all our leading politicians were afraid of knowing the truth.

If they knew, they would at least have to pretend to act.

And the truth was, they liked things as they were.

And it was at least partly my own fault.

When I was a Revolutionary Marxist, we were all in favour of as much immigration as possible.

It wasn't because we liked immigrants, but because we didn't like Britain. We saw immigrants - from anywhere - as allies against the staid, settled, conservative society that our country still was at the end of the Sixties.

Also, we liked to feel oh, so superior to the bewildered people - usually in the poorest parts of Britain - who found their neighbourhoods suddenly transformed into supposedly 'vibrant communities'.

If they dared to express the mildest objections, we called them bigots.

Revolutionary students didn't come from such 'vibrant' areas (we came, as far as I could tell, mostly from Surrey and the nicer parts of London).

We might live in 'vibrant' places for a few (usually squalid) years, amid unmown lawns and overflowing dustbins.

But we did so as irresponsible, childless transients - not as homeowners, or as parents of school-age children, or as old people hoping for a bit of serenity at the ends of their lives.

When we graduated and began to earn serious money, we generally headed for expensive London enclaves and became extremely choosy about where our children went to school, a choice we happily denied the urban poor, the ones we sneered at as 'racists'.

What did we know, or care, of the great silent revolution which even then was beginning to transform the lives of the British poor?

To us, it meant patriotism and tradition could always be derided as 'racist'.

And it also meant cheap servants for the rich new middle-class, for the first time since 1939, as well as cheap restaurants and - later on - cheap builders and plumbers working off the books.

It wasn't our wages that were depressed, or our work that was priced out of the market. Immigrants didn't do the sort of jobs we did.

They were no threat to us.

The only threat might have come from the aggrieved British people, but we could always stifle their protests by suggesting that they were modern-day fascists.

I have learned since what a spiteful, self-righteous, snobbish and arrogant person I was (and most of my revolutionary comrades were, too).

I have seen places that I knew and felt at home in, changed completely in a few short years.

I have imagined what it might be like to have grown old while stranded in shabby, narrow streets where my neighbours spoke a different language and I gradually found myself becoming a lonely, shaky voiced stranger in a world I once knew, but which no longer knew me.

I have felt deeply, hopelessly sorry that I did and said nothing in defence of those whose lives were turned upside down, without their ever being asked, and who were warned very clearly that, if they complained, they would be despised outcasts.

And I have spent a great deal of time in the parts of Britain where the revolutionary unintelligentsia don't go.

Such people seldom, if ever, visit their own country.

Their orbits are in fashionable London zones, and holiday destinations.

They are better acquainted with the Apennines of Italy than with the Pennines of their own country.

But, unlike me, most of the Sixties generation still hold the views I used to hold and - with the recent, honourable exception of David Goodhart, the Left-wing journalist turned Think Tank boss who recognises he was wrong - they will not change.

The worst part of this is the deep, deep hypocrisy of it.

Even back in my Trotskyist days I had begun to notice that many of the migrants from Asia were in fact not our allies.

They were deeply, unshakably religious.

They were socially conservative.

Their attitudes towards girls and women were, in many cases, close to medieval.

Many of them were horribly hostile to Jews, in a way which we would have condemned fiercely if anyone else had expressed it, but which we somehow managed to forgive and forget in their case.

We have recently seen this in the distressing and embarrassing episode of Lord Ahmed's outburst against a phantom Jewish conspiracy.

But I recall ten years ago, in a Muslim bookshop in the backstreets of Burnley, seeing on open display a modern edition of Henry Ford's revolting anti-Jewish diatribe The International Jew, long ago disowned by Ford himself.

It is unthinkable that any mainstream shop in any High Street could sell this toxic tripe.

Many of these new arrivals, though we revolutionaries welcomed them, knew and cared nothing of the great liberal causes we all supported. Or they were hostile to them.

Many on the Left still lie to themselves about this. George Galloway, the most Left-wing MP in Parliament, owes his seat to the support of conservative Muslims.

Yet he voted in favour of same-sex marriage.

It would be interesting to be at any meetings where Mr Galloway discusses this with his constituents.

Of course, all political parties are compromises, but there is a big difference between splitting the difference and flatly ignoring a profound clash of principles.

This sort of cynicism has been at the heart of the deal.

Immigrants have been used by those who wanted to transform the country.

They have taken the parts of them they liked, and made much of them.

They have ignored the parts they did not like.

Mr Galloway likes the Muslims' opposition to the Iraq War and their scorn for New Labour (and good luck to him). But he does not like their views on sexual morality.

The same is true of many others.

One of the most striking characteristics of the majority of migrants from the Caribbean is their strong, unashamed Christian faith, and their love of disciplined education.

Yet the arrival of many such people in London was never used as a reason to say our society should become more Christian, or our schools should be better-ordered.

At that time, the revolutionary liberals were hoping to wave goodbye to the Church, and were busy driving discipline out of the state schools. So nobody ever said 'Let us adapt our society to the demands of these newcomers'.

They had the wrong sort of demands.

Instead, the authorities made much of the behaviour of a minority of such migrants, often much disliked by their fellow Afro-Caribbeans - men who took and sold illegal drugs and who were not prepared to respect British law.

If proper policing of such people could be classified as 'racist', then the drug laws as a whole could be weakened, and the police placed under liberal control.

This is why the so-called 'Brixton Riots' of April 1981 were used as a lever to weaken the police and undermine the drug laws, rather than as a reason to restore proper law and peace to that part of London.

Something very similar happened with the Macpherson Report into the murder of Stephen Lawrence.

Few noticed that the report openly urged that people from different ethnic groups should be policed in different ways - and actually condemned 'colour-blind' policing.

In whose interests was this?

And wasn't this attitude, that different types of behaviour could be expected from different ethnic groups, racially prejudiced?

But what did that matter, if it suited the revolutionary liberal agenda of purging the police of old-fashioned conservative types?

The same forces destroyed Ray Honeyford, a Bradford headmaster who - long before it was fashionable - tried to stand up against political correctness in schools. He was driven from his job and of course condemned as a 'racist'.

Yet it would have been very much in the interests of integration and real equality in Bradford if his warnings had been heeded and acted upon.

As it is, as any observant visitor finds, Bradford's Muslim citizens and its non-Muslim citizens live in two separate solitudes, barely in contact with each other. Much of the Islamic community is profoundly out of step with modern Britain.

Once again, revolutionary liberals had formed a cynical alliance to destroy conservative opposition.

Their greatest ally has always been the British Tory politician Enoch Powell who, in a stupid and cynical speech in 1968, packed with alarmist language and sprinkled with derogatory expressions and inflammatory rumour, defined debate on the subject of immigration for 40 years.

Thanks to him, and his undoubted attempt to mobilise racial hostility, the revolutionary liberals have ever afterwards found it easy to accuse any opponent of being a Powellite.

Absurdly, even when Britain's frontiers were demolished by the Blair Government and hundreds of thousands of white-skinned Europeans came here to work, it was still possible to smear any doubters as 'racists'.

It couldn't have been more obvious that 'race' wasn't the problem.

The thing that made these new residents different was culture - language, customs, attitudes, sense of humour.

Rather than them adapting to our way of life, we were adapting to theirs.

This wasn't integration.

It was a revolution.

Yet nobody - especially their elected representatives - would listen to them, because they were assumed to be Powellite bigots, motivated by some sort of unreasoning hatred.

I now believe that the unreasoning hatred comes almost entirely from the liberal Left.

Of course, there are still people who harbour stupid racial prejudices.

But most of those concerned about immigration are completely innocent of such feelings.

The screaming, spitting intolerance comes from a pampered elite who are ashamed of their own country, despise patriotism in others and feel none themselves.

They long for a horrible borderless Utopia in which love of country has vanished, nannies are cheap and other people's wages are low.

What a pity it is that there seems to be no way of turning these people out of their positions of power and influence.

For if there is to be any hope of harmony in these islands, then it can only come through a great effort to bring us all together, once again, in a shared love for this, the most beautiful and blessed plot of earth on the planet.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Liberal intolerance leads to conservatives being more consistent in their political views

http://www.journalism.org/2014/10/21/po ... ia-habits/
Roughly four-in-ten consistent liberals on Facebook (44%) say they have blocked or defriended someone on social media because they disagreed with something that person posted about politics. This compares with 31% of consistent conservatives and just 26% of all Facebook users who have done the same.
Liberals being intolerant tend to break contact with conservatives because of their views leading conservatives to hearing more conservative views. While 50% of liberals only get their main political views from liberal MSM outlets.

Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Rather, reflexive parroting of Fox News is getting conservatives defriended. After all, how many times do the same Faux News talking points need to be repeated in a Facebook feed?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:Rather, reflexive parroting of Fox News is getting conservatives defriended. After all, how many times do the same Faux News talking points need to be repeated in a Facebook feed?

You aren't telling the truth. Anyone that does not march in lock step with the left get demonized and ostracized. Happens all the time. Which shows exactly who is dividing the country. It is an old trick and come week after next week it is finished. The latest poll says the Dems are down but 8% nationally and that is an AP poll which is notorious for favoring democrats in election polls.

Are you Alarmed ? Anxious? Don't worry Zack. Apparently the Republicans war on women is over...

It would be nice just to se the poll results without the spoon fed commentary but oh well...
http://ap-gfkpoll.com/featured/findings ... est-poll-2
AP-GfK Poll: Voters see GOP win in the offing, but they aren’t too fond of their choices

By JENNIFER AGIESTA and EMILY SWANSON, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — Two weeks before Election Day, most of the nation’s likely voters now expect the Republican Party to take control of the U.S. Senate, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll. And by a growing margin, they say that’s the outcome they’d like to see.

But the survey suggests many will cringe when they cast those ballots. Most likely voters have a negative impression of the Republican Party, and 7 in 10 are dissatisfied by its leaders in Congress.

The Democrats win few accolades themselves. Impressions of the party among likely voters have grown more negative in the past month. In fact, Democrats are more trusted than the GOP on just two of nine top issues, the poll showed.

The economy remains the top issue for likely voters — 91 percent call it “extremely” or “very” important. And the GOP has increased its advantage as the party more trusted to handle the issue to a margin of 39 percent to 31 percent.

With control of the Senate at stake, both parties say they are relying on robust voter-turnout operations — and monster campaign spending — to lift their candidates in the final days. But the poll suggests any appeals they’ve made so far haven’t done much to boost turnout among those already registered. The share who report that they are certain to vote in this year’s contests has risen just slightly since September, and interest in news about the campaign has held steady.

Among all adults, 38 percent say they’d like the Democrats to wind up in control of Congress, to 36 percent for the Republicans. But the GOP holds a significant lead among those most likely to cast ballots: 47 percent of these voters favor a Republican controlled-Congress, 39 percent a Democratic one. That’s a shift in the GOP’s favor since an AP-GfK poll in late September, when the two parties ran about evenly among likely voters.

Women have moved in the GOP’s direction since September. In last month’s AP-GfK poll, 47 percent of female likely voters said they favored a Democratic-controlled Congress while 40 percent wanted the Republicans to capture control. In the new poll, the two parties are about even among women, 44 percent prefer the Republicans, 42 percent the Democrats.

In all, the poll finds that 55 percent of likely voters now expect Republicans to win control of the Senate, up from 47 percent last month. Democrats have grown slightly more pessimistic on this count since September, with 25 percent expecting the GOP to take control now compared with 18 percent earlier.

What’s deeply important to likely voters after the economy? About three-quarters say health care, terrorism, the threat posed by the Islamic State group and Ebola.

On foreign affairs, Republicans have the upper hand. By a 22-point margin, voters trust the GOP more to protect the country, and they give the Republicans a 10-point lead as more trusted to handle international crises. Democrats have a slim advantage on health care, 36 percent to 32 percent.

Although handling the Ebola outbreak was among the top issues for likely voters, the poll shows little sign that either party could capitalize on fears of the virus as an election issue. More than half said either that they trust both parties equally (29 percent) or that they don’t trust either party (24 percent) to handle public health issues like Ebola. The remaining respondents were about equally split between trusting Republicans (25 percent) and Democrats (22 percent).

Same-sex marriage? Only 32 percent said that was an extremely or very important issue to them personally, identical to the percentage saying so in September, before the Supreme Court effectively allowed same-sex marriages to proceed in five more states.

The poll, which asked likely voters whom they preferred among the candidates in the congressional district where they live, found Republicans hold an edge in the upcoming elections. Forty percent said they would vote for the GOP candidate in their House district, while 32 percent said the Democrat. About a quarter backed a third-party candidate or were undecided.

Although likely voters appear more apt to take the GOP side in the upcoming elections, the poll finds little difference between those most likely to cast a ballot and others on negative perceptions of the nation’s direction and leadership. Among all adults as well as just the likely voters, 9 in 10 disapprove of Congress, 7 in 10 say the nation is heading in the wrong direction, 6 in 10 disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president and 6 in 10 describe the nation’s economy as “poor.”

The AP-GfK Poll was conducted Oct. 16-20 using KnowledgePanel, GfK’s probability-based panel designed to be representative of the U.S. population. It involved online interviews with 1,608 adults, and had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 2.8 percentage points for all respondents. Among 968 likely voters, the margin of sampling error was plus or minus 3.6 points.

Respondents were first selected randomly using phone or mail survey methods, and later interviewed online. People selected for KnowledgePanel who didn’t otherwise have access to the Internet were provided with the ability to access the Internet at no cost to them.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Schadenfreude
The Palin Family Brawl Was Funny, Until It Wasn't

Oct 23, 2014 4:43 PM EDT

Bristol Palin's tearful description of what happened changed the equation.

Until this week, the Palin family “brawl” that went down last month at an Anchorage house party last month has been treated like an excellent tabloid story with just enough political relevance to be covered by non-entertainment media outlets.

But with the release of audio featuring a teary Bristol Palin describing the fight — and the owner of the house allegedly dragging her on the ground — right-leaning outlets are correctly noting that the whole situation isn’t quite as funny as the media has portrayed it.

The conversation began in earnest when The Daily Caller’s Matt K. Lewis wrote that he’d been “mildly amused” by the “rich hillbillies” narrative of the fight, until he read a transcript of the audio of Bristol Palin’s account to the police. According to Palin:
“Anyone who is concerned about a ‘war on women’ — but not disturbed by this report — is clearly biased.”

—Matt K. Lewis
A guy comes out of nowhere and pushes me on the ground, takes me by my feet, in my dress—in my thong dress, in front of everybody— “Come on you ****, get the **** out of here, come on you slut, get the **** out of here.” I don’t know this guy.

“IF this is true … then Bristol Palin was physically, verbally — and possibly even sexually – assaulted by a man,” Lewis argued. “Anyone who is concerned about a ‘war on women’ — but not disturbed by this report — is clearly biased.” Whether Palin account is accurate, or, as some witnesses have claimed, she threw the first punch(es) doesn't change the fact that what she is describing is not funny.

What really stirred up the defense of Bristol Palin was a clip on “CNN Newsroom” when anchor Carol Costello introduced the audio of Bristol describing the events. Palin curses profusely during the snippet, but she’s also crying. Costello calls it “quite possibly the best minute and a half of audio we've ever come across – well, come across in a long time anyway.” Later, she said her "favorite part" of the audio was a long bleeped-out portion. Costello has since apologized.

The CNN segment was picked up by NewsBusters (a conservative answer to Media Matters for America), HotAir, the Heritage Foundation’s The Daily Signal, and other sites. “Costello clearly has such contempt for the Palins that she apparently gets off on harm coming to the Palins,” argued The Right Scoop.

Bristol Palin weighed in on her personal blog, writing “how can a reporter call this the best audio she’s ever come across?” John Podhoretz, the editor of Commentary, tweeted:

John Podhoretz @jpodhoretz
Follow
CNN: Wait till you see this hilarious video of a woman getting beaten up!
FEMINIST: That is the disgu...
CNN: It's a Palin!
FEMINIST: GREAT!

1:22 PM - 23 Oct 2014
102 Retweets 55 favorites
It wasn’t just CNN — USA Today’s entertainment site went with the headline: “Listen to police audio of Bristol Palin sobbing after big brawl.” And when Lewis appeared on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” Thursday morning, host Mika Brzezinski admitted that they’d covered it as a joke, too.

An explanation, but not an excuse, for the near-obsession with the fight is that Bristol Palin isn’t just the daughter of a politician, but a reality star in her own right. She had her own Lifetime reality series “Bristol Palin: Life’s a Tripp,” appeared on two seasons of “Dancing with the Stars,” and graced the covers of US Weekly and People in stories about her personal life. That fact that her mother was Alaska's governor and nominee for vice president of the United States made the story newsworthy, as did such details as Sarah Palin shouting “Do you know who I am?” or someone in the crowd shouting “this isn’t some damned hillbilly reality show!”

The New York Times reported that:

[S]everal witnesses said the trouble started when Track Palin, Mrs. Palin’s son, confronted a former boyfriend of his sister Willow and a fight broke out. Before long Mrs. Palin’s husband, Todd, who also races snowmobiles and was also celebrating a birthday (his 50th), was said to have gotten involved in the fighting.

Later, according to witnesses, Bristol Palin, one of Mrs. Palin’s daughters, threw several punches at the owner of the house where the party was being held.

The result was a brawl said to involve about 20 people. In the end, the Palin family was ordered by the homeowner to leave, witnesses said.

And yet, there was a point when this stopped being funny — when the media finally started treating Palin like a person, not a reality TV villain.
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/artic ... l-it-wasnt
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Perfect example of liberal "morality".
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doesn't surprise me in the least. Alaska is perhaps the worst place in the nation when it comes to rape, sexual assault, and abuse. Conservative values.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:Doesn't surprise me in the least. Alaska is perhaps the worst place in the nation when it comes to rape, sexual assault, and abuse.
Conservative values.
Oh Dear !! Someone forgot to tell the wimmin about the Republicans war on them and that they should vote Democrat!!

http://nypost.com/2014/10/22/women-turn ... ions-poll/
Women turning to GOP ahead of midterm elections: poll
By Associated Press
October 22, 2014 | 10:22am

Women turning to GOP ahead of midterm elections: poll
Women have moved in the GOP’s direction since September. In last month’s AP-GfK poll, 47 percent of female likely voters said they favored a Democratic-controlled Congress while 40 percent wanted the Republicans to capture control. In the new poll, the two parties are about even among women, 44 percent prefer the Republicans, 42 percent the Democrats.

I thought that was your job Zack Morris... What happened?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Charles Barkely goes on a racist tirade.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/25/charl ... own-video/
NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley spoke candidly about the problems facing the black community when appearing on a Philadelphia radio station, accusing “unintelligent,” “brainwashed” African-Americans of keeping successful ones down.

While appearing on “Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis,” Barkley was asked about a rumor that Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was getting criticism from his black teammates for not being, quote, “black enough.”

Barkley went on a long monologue on the subject: ”Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

Barkley said that young black men who do well in school are accused of “acting white” by their peers. “One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an durian, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret.”

“There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don’t have success,” he continued. “It’s best to knock a successful black person down because they’re intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school, and they’re successful…”

“We’re the only ethnic group who say, ‘Hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.’ It’s just typical BS that goes on when you’re black, man.
Full racist.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Charles Barkely goes on a racist tirade.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/25/charl ... own-video/
NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley spoke candidly about the problems facing the black community when appearing on a Philadelphia radio station, accusing “unintelligent,” “brainwashed” African-Americans of keeping successful ones down.

While appearing on “Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis,” Barkley was asked about a rumor that Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was getting criticism from his black teammates for not being, quote, “black enough.”

Barkley went on a long monologue on the subject: ”Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

Barkley said that young black men who do well in school are accused of “acting white” by their peers. “One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an durian, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret.”

“There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don’t have success,” he continued. “It’s best to knock a successful black person down because they’re intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school, and they’re successful…”

“We’re the only ethnic group who say, ‘Hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.’ It’s just typical BS that goes on when you’re black, man.
Full racist.
The urban plantations of American inner cities are every bit as "racist" and the southern plantations were. Maybe more so.

The message is "You are victims. Victims = slaves So you might as well go along with it"
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:Doesn't surprise me in the least. Alaska is perhaps the worst place in the nation when it comes to rape, sexual assault, and abuse. Conservative values.
And liberals enjoy the abuse on those women as comic material.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Sometimes, the best way to endure difficult or tragic situations is to laugh. Don't give in and lose your sense of humor.