US Elections 2014 [The D and/or R implosion]

Doc

Re: US Elections 2014 [The D and/or R implosion]

Post by Doc »

Every cycle is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or 5000 pages of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is not the democrats way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.
Georgia Dems face backlash over flier urging vote to ‘prevent another Ferguson’

Barnini Chakraborty

By Barnini Chakraborty
·Published October 22, 2014

Shown here is an image from a flyer being circulated by Georgia Democrats.
A new mailer being circulated in Georgia by the state’s Democratic Party is drawing criticism for linking the shooting of a black teenager in Ferguson, Mo., to the upcoming elections.

The mailer, which uses images of black children holding signs that say, “Don’t shoot,” reads: “If you want to prevent another Ferguson in their future … Vote.”

That message isn’t sitting well with some who say Democrats in the state have gone too far.

“It’s extremely insulting and deceptive,” Leo Smith, state director of minority engagement for the Georgia GOP, told FoxNews.com Wednesday. “What the Democratic Party of Georgia has done is almost unfathomable.”

Smith says playing the race card for political gain in a state like Georgia that’s seen its share of racial tensions is not only patronizing but dangerous.

“They are treating black constituents as though we are uneducated. It’s emotional abuse,” Smith said.

A copy of the mailer, first reported by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, also shows a man on the street in front of police flares. The mailer cites the August killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown, and notes that the city population is mostly black – while the police force and city government leadership are mostly white.

The mailer reads, “What are we going to do about it? If we want a better, safer future for our children, it’s up to us to vote for change. The choices may not always be perfect, but the cost of inaction is simply too great.”

Michael Smith, the communications director for the Georgia Democratic Party, told FoxNews.com that voter registration pushes are vital to the election process but did not comment on whether additional Ferguson-themed mailers would be sent out.

“The fight for the right to vote and for every vote to be counted is part of our state’s history, a part of the fabric that makes Georgia what it is today,” he said in a written statement. “Our state and our democracy is stronger when more people participate. And we have seen what happens in places like Ferguson, Missouri, when voices are silenced.”

Minority turnout is key for Democrats in close races in key states like Georgia and North Carolina which could determine the balance of power in the U.S. Senate.

Like Democrats, Republicans also have expanded their minority outreach using aggressive get-out-the-vote campaigns in states like Georgia and Kentucky.

Democrats see Georgia Senate candidate Michelle Nunn as one of their best chances to win a seat and have redirected resources to the state. Both parties have spent millions in voter registration campaigns there.

While black voters were key in electing President Obama and re-electing him in 2012, fewer black voters have showed up to the polls during midterm elections. During the 2010 elections, Georgia Republicans swept every statewide office and solidified their hold in the state legislature. During those elections, 441,000 few black voters cast ballots than had when Obama was elected. While the number bounced back some during Obama’s 2012 re-election, it's still lower than it was.

Fighting for the minority vote in Georgia has led to name-calling and bold exchanges by both parties in the past few weeks, though the latest mailers from Georgia Democrats have some questioning just how far the parties will go to spread their message.

Smith says the fliers linking Ferguson to voting could actually backfire.

“What the Democratic Party of Georgia has done is disassociated voting from reality,” he said. “To associate voting for a Republican with the tragedy in Ferguson is unheard of.”

When asked what the Georgia GOP would do in response, Smith said, “We will win.”
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Now that the elections are upon us and the Democrats are likely to lose the Senate it is time for leftists to start making preparations to move to France

So here are some useful links for moving to France.

One way Airline tickets:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl= ... +to+france

Apartments and houses for rent in France
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl= ... +in+france

Bon Voyage !!! Adeu !! Adeu !!
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Big three MSM coverage of 2006 mid term elections vs this year
election coveage.jpg
election coveage.jpg (105.86 KiB) Viewed 959 times
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

CSM | Election 2014: Rise of independents scrambles the math
Kansas, South Dakota, Alaska, and Maine all feature major independent candidates in statewide races, wreaking havoc with the usual political order.
American voters are also moving away from the two main parties.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Economist | How to win 99.6% of the vote
Too many members of Congress are running unopposed
Ever-fewer races for the House of Representatives are closely fought, leaving four-fifths of that body’s 435 members with little to fear on polling day. Their doomed challengers—formerly stirred to action by a mix of idealism, ambition, vanity and (at times) self-delusion—seem at last to be noticing the odds against them. Add on the soaring costs of any election, and a growing number are quitting the field.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Democrats are handing us 2 demographics, women and Hispanics. I always told Tinker they would give us one, which is all we needed but now they are handing us 2, as fast as they can. Told you guys.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the ... e-why-not/
This number jumped out at me from the new Washington Post/ABC News poll: It showed that, among Latinos, 50 percent say it doesn't matter who wins the Senate come November. And among those who do think it will matter, twice as many say it would be a good thing (30 percent) if the GOP took over as say it would be a bad thing (15 percent).

This is a demographic, we will remind you, that voted 71-27 for President Obama just two years ago. And only 15 percent are concerned about a GOP-controlled Senate.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Re: Liberal Democrats: What happened to your party and movem

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I'm looking at polls and the Democrats and liberals are looking at some of the worst polling I've ever seen a political party experience. The election is coming up and it's hard not to see an historic blowout coming. The generic ballot is unbelievable, let alone the issue polls, where the GOP is record or near record levels.

I would to ask Ethinker, Tinker, Zack Morris, Berzer, Hoosier, CS, Ymix, NH, etc.
Our party? Three of the people you listed are not even American. I wonder what's it is like to see the world in binary.
Mr. Perfect wrote:IWhy? How? What did you do so wrong? The GOP was helpless against you, we have no influence whatsoever on the MSM narrative. NONE. We didn't lay a finger on you.

And the result is women may vote for the GOP for the first time in a generation. Hispanic support is evaporating. Why? What did you do?

After 2006-2008 the GOP had to go soul searching. And we did, that is why we are so well positioned now. It went very well, all things considered. We found out what we did wrong and corrected it.

What do guys do wrong? What will you correct? I read all over and Democrats seem to have no idea what they did. Where they failed. They can't admit it's happening.

The result of that will be permanent destruction. I can't think of a political movement in our history that went that high that fast and fell this low. You don't survive this sort of thing.

So I'm wondering where you guys are coming from on this. What your thoughts are.
A one party state would make life much simpler for many people.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:

I wonder what's it is like to see the world in binary.
If you buy a pair of bi-focals..... you would know. ;)
Typhoon wrote:

A one party state would make life much simpler for many people.
Viewing the world in primary? That would simplify everything for many.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRhq-yO1KN8

celebrate humanity instead of diversity? but what would we do with them? :)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

I probably should . . . but I've managed to get by without them ;)
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

I probably should . . . but I've managed to get by without them ;)
eventually old age strips away pride.... and lots of other stuff.... :)
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

BUSRZo1BE5o
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

America’s political pendulum swings to the right

Indeed, with the Islamic State, Ebola and the harsher realities of Obamacare on the rise, one wonders how the president will navigate the next two years — with or without Democratic support . .

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote:Mr. P,

I celebrate your optimism. If only I had not heard how "Our party is on the verge of a massive win and their party will be out of power for at least a generation." every ten years or so for several decades.
Every 10 years or so either of the parties has had that opportunity, they've just blown it.

I'm not a binary thinker so I can imagine a world without the Democrat Party and their ideology.
Celebrate the moment. People are fickle.

I'm praying for eternal gridlock.
I've always known you were a liberal, us conservatives are praying for a functioning majority so we can repeal all the obama horse$#!t.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:Mr. P,

I celebrate your optimism. If only I had not heard how "Our party is on the verge of a massive win and their party will be out of power for at least a generation." every ten years or so for several decades.
Every 10 years or so either of the parties has had that opportunity, they've just blown it.

I'm not a binary thinker so I can imagine a world without the Democrat Party and their ideology.
Celebrate the moment. People are fickle.

I'm praying for eternal gridlock.
I've always known you were a liberal, us conservatives are praying for a functioning majority so we can repeal all the obama horse$#!t.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can imagine a world without either party.

Both parties often get majorities, the functioning part seems to elude both on a consistent basis.

You think me too Liberal, Tinker thinks me too Conservative.

Both are Badges of Honor in my mind. Or maybe just indictors that I don't live in the same world as either of you.
Heracleum Persicum

Good news folks, putting aside middle class income stagnate last 15 yrs, Number of billionaires doubles

Is the nation wealthier ? ?

No

If not, how could number of Billionaires double

:lol:

easy

2+2=4

money went from your pocket to their's

Doc, you have another explanation ? ? if so, share it with us

This no Win-Win .. this Lose-Win

how could this happen ?

well,

easy

those money FED was throwing out of window, FED throwing to "smarties" .. noooo, not for you

Wall Street, f*cked America, and, CASHED TWICE :lol:

Idea was, "rich" will create jobs

they did

but, it pays half what was paying B4 .. the other half they pocketed

so, you earn half what you did, and the money shufflers doubled the in-take

you see, easy :lol:

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Azari, I told everyone, don't vote for obama. Not enough listened. They have themselves to blame.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Simple Minded wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can imagine a world without either party.
Maybe. but you wouldn't know how to take any action to make it a reality.
Both parties often get majorities, the functioning part seems to elude both on a consistent basis.
Not exactly.
You think me too Liberal, Tinker thinks me too Conservative.
Tinker is/was so far left everyone looks conservative to him.
Both are Badges of Honor in my mind.
Of course. you're a triangulator by nature. No fixed beliefs per se, just seeking the safety of the middle.
Or maybe just indictors that I don't live in the same world as either of you.
We sure do live in the same world. That is the problem.
:lol: :lol:

Mr. Perfect,

You have started my day with a healthy, hearty, belly laugh. Thank you.

As I have said before, you have a fertile imagination.

Try to not let it get the best of you.

"The mind is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master!"
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:Azari, I told everyone, don't vote for obama. Not enough listened. They have themselves to blame.
agree

I would have voted for "John & Sarah"

Sarah Palin's 1984 Beauty Pageant Swimsuit Competition

DHKdHpyFJLc

her a*s looks a bit flat to me :lol:

VXuBIyJsbCE

She smarter than w. Bush for sure :lol:

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Smarter than HRC/obama also. I will leave physical comparisons to others. Red blooded woman, Sarah Palin.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

So a necessary (and sufficient?) condition to be a successful candidate for POTUS is to be dumber than Sarah Palin.

Interesting.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:?
<satire> . . . </satire>
Heracleum Persicum

2072276_pic_970x641.jpg
2072276_pic_970x641.jpg (97.13 KiB) Viewed 827 times
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Economist | If moderates don’t vote next week [Nvo 40], extremists will thrive
ALL political campaigns involve a certain amount of looking voters straight in the eye and lying to them. But America’s mid-term election campaign has involved more flim-flam than most. The Republicans, if you believe Democratic attack ads, oppose equal pay for women, want to ban contraception and just love it when big corporations ship American jobs overseas. The Democrats, according to Republicans, have stood idly by as Islamic State terrorists—possibly carrying Ebola—prepare to cross the southern border. And they, too, are delighted to see American jobs shipped overseas.

Only a blinkered partisan would believe any of these charges. Alas, partisans are far more likely than anyone else to vote, especially in elections like this one, where the presidency is not up for grabs.
America’s cycle of polarisation and alienation is self-reinforcing. As the debate grows shriller, moderates tune out. Politicians come to rely more and more on the votes of die-hard partisans, so they say and do more extreme things, alienating yet more moderates. Most members of Congress are more frightened of being tossed out by their own party’s primary voters—typically for the heresy of compromise—than they are of losing an election to the other party.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Looks like the Republicans didn't implode.