U.S. Foreign Policy

Heracleum Persicum

Re: U.S. Foreign Policy

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:
noddy wrote:yeh, america has played this role well in the asia pacific region as a rule.

nice bit fat market everyone is allowed to play in, stable shipping lanes and stable market rules and a general lack of interest in compromising anyones sovereignty.

china is not open to foreign investment in the same way and until it is , america has its main point of difference.
The real point of difference is this. The US has indeed looked to open world markets for well over 100 years. But since at least WWII the US has above all looked to keep the seas open to commerce. If China gets away with what it is doing in the South and East China seas by ignoring international laws of the sea then before you know it, countries all over the world will start to do the same. After that the concept of freedom of the seas will quickly come to an end. Claims of hundreds of miles of territory will be made and most of the oceans will be closed to free commerce. Then the law of the sea will be might equals right.

US neither did nor is looking up for "open world markets", nor to "keep the seas open to commerce".

What is does and did was and is to make sure "US is the ARBITER" for markets and the seas and commerce.

In communism period, US did this in "stealth" mode, by political under the table "arm twisting", to keep the shine of "the good guy".

After communism, when America and NeoCons thought America "ruler of universe" things did not need be "under the table" but quite open.

Iran, a victim of west, suddenly could not send money to buy medicine, SWIFT (and American instrument) did not accept Iranian banks anymore .. many other American "instruments of commerce and finance" were openly used, 1st against Iran, later against Russia and soon will be used against China .. Iranian "Dollar" not only frozen but Iran can not execute legal commerce in "dollars", forbidding others to buy Iranian Oil and and and .. all, according to UN, acts of war.

America wants to have the absolute power, ARBITER, to decide who gets what and who does what .. US could suddenly decide nobody should sell Oil or Gas to China, same mindset that nobody allowed to buy Oil from Iran.

That's why Russia, China, Brazil and others now testing their own SWIFT and dropping the U$.

US overplayed it's hand

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Sat May 30, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

we were talking about south east asia azari.

its not always about you.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: The hard part is going to be to keep America interested in that part of the world. I think we are getting ever more ready to go isolationist again.
did you mean broke ?

:)
Doc wrote: The real point of difference is this. The US has indeed looked to open world markets for well over 100 years. But since at least WWII the US has above all looked to keep the seas open to commerce. If China gets away with what it is doing in the South and East China seas by ignoring international laws of the sea then before you know it, countries all over the world will start to do the same. After that the concept of freedom of the seas will quickly come to an end. Claims of hundreds of miles of territory will be made and most of the oceans will be closed to free commerce. Then the law of the sea will be might equals right.
might always equals right, this is how america rules the shiping lanes.

one big fat might intersted in keeping the money flowing stops lots of little mights from causing tedious interruptions and squabbles.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:.

we were talking about south east asia azari.

its not always about you.

noddy, debate lead to argument that "The US has indeed looked to open world markets for well over 100 years. But since at least WWII the US has above all looked to keep the seas open to commerce." .. and, "If China gets away with what it is doing in the South and East China seas by ignoring international laws of the sea then before you know it, countries all over the world will start to do the same."

In that context, I am saying, NO, America is not for open commerce and open financial dealings and many other opens.

To make my point clear, I point to American dealing with Iran last 35 yrs.

How can America argue free commerce and financial dealing when America caused @least half a million Iraqi children death and proud of it ? ? .. is this looking for free trade and commerce ? ? .. if Iran had not produced it's own nuclear medication by fuelling it's own medical nuclear reactor, probably million Iranian cancer patients would have died, that was the plan of west (to generate dissatisfaction and uprise).

Same things now happening to Russia .. sanctions etc etc

Well, noddy, what makes you believe in a few yrs, America could not decide to apply to China the Iranian threat or the Russian threat ? ? .. Russians, even on this fora, are already the bad guys, Doc and Colonel and others consider Putin the bad guy, reminds one of Ahmadinejat being Hitler at the same time when white phosphor was raining on Gaza school children.

noddy

Post by noddy »

iran, gaza and russia are not good examples of how america is seen in the asia pacific region, its almost completely the opposite - i know its impossible for you to see this, thats ok.

you think all these countries i care bout are are lavender and should bow to china, you have said this before,i think your opinion is repulsive.

all america has done in my region is keep all the little dicators controlled, zero invasions, zero problems.

apparently its different in the middle east, i cant say, i have never been there, never want to go there, it sounds like all the western countries should leave there and not go back, we agree on that.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:.

iran, gaza and russia are not good examples of how america is seen in the asia pacific region, its almost completely the opposite - i know its impossible for you to see this, thats ok.

you think all these countries i care bout are are lavender and should bow to china, you have said this before,i think your opinion is repulsive.

all america has done in my region is keep all the little dicators controlled, zero invasions, zero problems.

apparently its different in the middle east, i cant say, i have never been there, never want to go there, it sounds like all the western countries should leave there and not go back, we agree on that.

Notion, America defending the "Asia Pacific" small guys from the big bully China not only silly but mortally dangerous for those 2B protected.

"Asia Pacific" has not what it takes to confront China

Japan in 100 yrs might not even exist (if current birth rate, Demography, continues - Japan would rather disappear then take-in massive immigration .. where would massive immigrants be from ? ? Korea or China), let alone confront China

Other "Asia Pacific" nations no match, they most controlled by Chinese .. New Zealand just a boutique nation, 23 m Australians :lol:

So, what would be wise policy for "Asia Pacific" ? ?

Be friend with China (India now catering to China) .. don't be fooled by US

What could happen ? ?

US fools "Asia Pacific" into antagonism with China, when things go wrong, US retreats back to America and you guys left holding the bag

That is what is happening in Middle East .. America is retreating, and all those relying on America last 100 yrs, are fucked now .. poor Shah .. relied on America and you saw what happened :lol:

and

China probably will be the future technology, commerce, business, economic superpower .. why should America brake with that China and side with Indonesia or Malaysia ? ?

In the meantime

Russian, Chinese (and Iranians) are moving into South America and Africa

How would Europe tilt to ? ? Why should German economy side with Indonesia and drop China market ?

Come on, noddy, come on

noddy

Post by noddy »

until a foreigner can invest in china the way they can in america, you are ignoring reality for a businessmen, even the chinese in australia and indonesia dont trust china for investing unless they have a family member involved.

china has alot of growing up to do before it can replace america, thats why america has got away with being so useless - a broke america, in chaos, with no leadership, is still relevent .. why ? .. because noone can throw that investment at china without worrying the chinese will just take it and walk.

the han dont really respect any culture except the americans, they think they are creative and have good aggressive business smarts, everyone else is useless.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote: The hard part is going to be to keep America interested in that part of the world. I think we are getting ever more ready to go isolationist again.
did you mean broke ?

:)
I'm not sure we are that cognizant. Perhaps "F**k those bastards & their problems over there so far away...... I go me own problems here at home!" might be a better analogy.

Always a good practice to put out the brush fire burning closest to your front door first. :)

I think Troops in Baltimore, Detroit, etc. and warships in the harbor rather than the Middle East may be the long term plan.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Troops in Baltimore?

How about next week?

I'll be there then . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

The FIFA disaster .. Defiant Blatter blasts US probe

1lzEyk6nUMU

America/Brits ganged against Blatter, wanted to force a "regime change"

But, Blatter was very good for FootBall, pushing to popularize Football in 3rd world, Africa, Asia, South America

Now, the 3rd world nations, re-elected Blatter despite American/British frontal attack, a conspiracy, to prevent re-election of Blatter

Corruption ? ? :lol: :lol:

Come on, come on .. all sport is rigged and to the eyeball corrupted, normal procedure

American/British attack on re-election of Blatter was a backdoor attack at Russia .. Putin defended Blatter

The most corrupt football is British, common knowledge

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

1lzEyk6nUMU

But, Blatter was very good for FootBall, pushing to popularize Football in 3rd world, Africa, Asia, South America

Now, the 3rd world nations, re-elected Blatter despite American/British frontal attack, a conspiracy, to prevent re-election of Blatter

Come on, come on .. all sport is rigged and to the eyeball corrupted, normal procedure

American/British attack on re-election of Blatter was a backdoor attack at Russia .. Putin defended Blatter

Do you think that you're actually going to convince anyone by repeatedly posting RT agitprop?

Reality check:

Corruption perception index 2014
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:Troops in Baltimore?

How about next week?

I'll be there then . . .
You sir, are a very wise shopper! :) The Baltimore vacation packages are selling at a deep discount right now. ;)

"Buy when the blood is running in the streets!" - Some rich guy.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:

1lzEyk6nUMU

Do you think that you're actually going to convince anyone by repeatedly posting RT agitprop?

Reality check:

Corruption perception index 2014

could have posted German comment and reaction, Cameron and Merkel

J4Vwx72W0hE

Cameron, PM from the most FootBall corrupt nation in the world, saying Blatter "must go" at the same time Merket just laughing at him .. Germans and French knew game played and stayed mom

Come on, Colonel, come on .. enough shoe shining

Hillary was a "Bag Lady" a few yrs ago .. now "Hillary & Bill" worth at least 200 m dollars

Did Clintons invented something ? ? developed Alzheimer drug, Breast cancer vaccine ? ? :lol: :lol:

Ex American president speeches not worth a dime as they can not say anything of substance worth a dime due to being classified.

Most corrupt nation in the world is America and not India or China .. WHY ? ? because that is where the money (still) is.

Africa and Asia voted for Blatter .. this can be a sign for Americans and Europeans of things to come in UN and all those world organizations .. that is clearly explained in the clip above (in German).

Heracleum Persicum

Russia is the main target of FIFA investigation :lol:

Colonel, listen, very funny :lol: :lol:

He says the way it is .. no word of Qatar :lol:

Come on, Colonel, come on

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Everybody knows that the only credible agitprop is the one produced by the FT/The Economist/WSJ... :twisted:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
Everybody knows that the only credible agitprop is the one produced by the FT/The Economist/WSJ... :twisted:
Quite.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Troops in Baltimore?

How about next week?

I'll be there then . . .
You sir, are a very wise shopper! :) The Baltimore vacation packages are selling at a deep discount right now. ;)

"Buy when the blood is running in the streets!" - Some rich guy.
Sometimes "to travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive . . ."

~ Some wiser guy [RLS]
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:

~ Some wiser guy [RLS]
"a journey of 1000 miles begins beneath one's feet." some guy who didn't get out much
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

~ Some wiser guy [RLS]
"a journey of 1000 miles begins beneath one's feet." some guy who didn't get out much
Probably listened to The Proclaimers song . . . twice.
Heracleum Persicum

CNN

The Washington Times

:lol: :lol: :lol: .. can not stop laughing .. where is Doc ? ? this ain't from RT

Heracleum Persicum

Turkish police discovers weapons ready to be sent to Syrian rebels in trucks belonging to Turkish intelligence

The video published on the Cumhuriyet news website on Friday showed Turkish gendarmerie and police officers finding weapons due for dispatch to Syria on trucks belonging to the National Intelligence Organization (MIT).
Can Turkey do this without NATO not being informed .. probably a NATO operation.

Heracleum Persicum

Kurdish Muslims abandoning Islam for Zoroastrianism

In fact, Zoroastrians believe that the forces of good and evil are continually struggling in the world – this is why many locals also suspect that this religious revival has more to do with the security crisis caused by the extremist group known as the Islamic State, as well as deepening sectarian and ethnic divides in Iraq, than any needs expressed by locals for something to believe in.

“The people of Kurdistan no longer know which Islamic movement, which doctrine or which fatwa, they should be believing in,” Mariwan Naqshbandi, the spokesperson for Iraqi Kurdistan’s Ministry of Religious Affairs, told NIQASH. He says that the interest in Zoroastrianism is a symptom of the disagreements within Islam and religious instability in the Iraqi Kurdish region, as well as in the country as a whole.

“For many more liberal or more nationalist Kurds, the mottos used by the Zoroastrians seem moderate and realistic,” Naqshbandi explains. “There are many people here who are very angry with the Islamic State group and it’s inhumanity.”

Naqshbandi also confirmed that his Ministry would help the Zoroastrians achieve their goals. The right to freedom of religion and worship was enshrined in Kurdish law and Naqshbandi said that the Zoroastrians would be represented in his offices.

7-ZQGwhVMkc

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

That would definitely be a move in the right direction. Zoroastrianism is, surprisingly enough, a lot more acceptable to the modern mind than any of the other religions...
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Blatter to resign.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon wrote:

Blatter to resign.
FIFA deals with it's blatter problem.