Levitas

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Typhoon

Re: Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Image
What is the probability of making such a shot?

x1KLd-WcGVE
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Two male Taliban ice cream cones

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Females must be fully covered in chocolate.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

If not fake, then one lucky, and possibly talented, SOB . . .

7vd_OuqUAaI

or a ninja on a Kawasaki . . .
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:Image
What is the probability of making such a shot?

x1KLd-WcGVE

What is the probability of such a shot ? ? ? less than ZERO

Am 1000% sure this not real .. plain rubbish

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

A probability cannot be less than zero. It's meaningless.

Looks like a recording of a live feed from the PGA tour, so it's a matter of public record.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

60ETdhgLA8U
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

DepakUSDtQE
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:

Looks like a recording of a live feed from the PGA tour, so it's a matter of public record.

Less than Zero probability means "not only not probable, but made up" :lol:

Recording PGA ? ? so what ? ? they manufactured it

Not sure, CS, you aware that GOLF business collapsing, many golf courses and clubs going broke, less and less people playing Golf

Golf craze was hyped, was just rubbish

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:

Not sure, CS, you aware that GOLF business collapsing, many golf courses and clubs going broke, less and less people playing Golf

Golf conspiracy theory. Good work, HP :D

I think protestors should start waving golf clubs. It might get Obama's attention.

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

HP,

It appears that Golf is a bull market sport, while MMA fighting is a bear market sport. Bull market sports are non-violent. Bear market sports are violent.

I think you will see the trends in baseball, football, basketball, boxing, etc.
Heracleum Persicum

" If you were really honest and wanted to marry that woman, and you were able to hide and watch her in secret,
and see the things that she wouldn't usually let you see before marrying her,
then it is acceptable as long as your intentions are pure "

:lol:

Anecdotally, have heard such thing exist in Islam .. was told, in Islam, if intention is marriage, "a single view" of "totally naked" girl is (halal) allowed

Have heard, in some Kurdish villages, it is customary, when visiting the parents of a girl for "proposal", the girl would come in, totally naked, in a "transparent" Vail, just for a few seconds .. idea being, not to buy the cat in the bag :lol:

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon wrote:

When it comes to golf, I'm of the same opinion as Harry Leon Wilson
Some of his friends have been trying to induce him to play golf, but he refused.
He makes the following unique definition of golf: “Golf has too much walking to be a good game, and just enough game to spoil a good walk.”
However, golf is still very popular in Japan and the rest of E Asia.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

.. golf is still very popular in Japan and the rest of E Asia.

America the trend setter

in that sense

Japan behind the curve, rest of E. Asia even more so

Golf attracted the pre baby-boomers

Now, the baby boomer generation not enough fund of Golf (have better things to do, more fun stuff), and, younger generation not at all into Golf

FT : Golf loses some of its lustre as sales decline

According to US market researchers Golf Datatech, the number of rounds played in the US dropped 4.9 per cent last year. The fall in the first half of 2014 is 2.1 per cent. Similar slumps have been hitting golf’s other big market, the UK.

That decline is the reason for sluggish golf sales, down 3.5 per cent in the first half to $1.4bn, according to Golf Datatech. The most worrying trend is the slump in the sale of woods, down 14 per cent.

“The wood is a high-dollar category, the category that typically deals with distance, always an important word to any golfer,” said Tom Shine of Golf Datatech. “Having it down as much as it is, is disturbing.”

Golf is struggling to engage “millennials”, defined as those aged 13 to 30 now, as it fights perceptions that the game takes too long, is too expensive or is simply “boring” or “uncool”.

Research from the Sports & Fitness Industry Association showed the number of 13 to 18-year-old Americans playing on a course at least once was down around 13 per cent last year compared with five years ago.

In the UK, the average age of golfers is up from 41 in 2009 to 45, while that of “avid golfers”, those who play at least once a week, is up from 48 to 63, according to Sports Marketing Surveys.

“Getting younger golfers to join and retain memberships at golf clubs is an ongoing challenge,” said SMS.

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Deep down I'm very superficial
kmich

Post by kmich »

WgTtMf8eEDA
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

However, golf is still very popular in Japan and the rest of E Asia.

Snobbery and elitism ? .. Investors are betting on golf’s decline

More and more market participants have been banking on the decline in the popularity of golf, according to new research, with stocks that have exposure to the sport seeing an increase in short interest in recent weeks.

"With an aging customer base and slimming margins, companies with large exposure to the golfing sector have seen their stocks come under pressure in recent weeks," said Simon Colvin, a research analyst at Markit.

Most notably, German sportswear conglomerate Adidas sounded the alarm bell in a recent earnings release.

The firm said that revenues for its golf segment declined 18 percent in the first half of 2014, compared to the same period last year. It cited the "continued weakness in the golf market, where retail inventories remain high and participation continues to decline." Markit says that short interest in Adidas surged by over a third in the wake of that news, with 4.2 percent of the firm's shares now out on loan. Its stock has tanked 16 percent since issuing the news.

German rival Puma has also highlighted a decline in golf equipment sales due to the weaker "golfing environment" as short sellers move in on its stock.

Sixteen percent of the company's freely traded shares are out on loan, twice the number seen a year ago, according to Markit. U.S.-listed Nike, meanwhile, has highlighted that sales of golfing equipment have stagnated since last year, whereas all of its other categories have seen modest sales growth. Nike shares have survived the drubbing with a gain of 1 percent so far this year, but Puma's stock has slipped 19 percent since January.

Snobbery and elitism ?

A series of metrics has helped to paint a dismal future for the sport. Colvin notes that the Sports & Fitness Industry Association estimates that participation rates for 18-34 year-olds has fallen over the last five years.

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

p6wxrLjJobM
Deep down I'm very superficial
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

A series of metrics has helped to paint a dismal future for the sport.
Not entirely. We have had a rather long run of sub-par Presidents and politicians.

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

fv--npievoI
Heracleum Persicum

funny

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »