Levitas

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Typhoon

Re: Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

New device could spell the end of no balls

Apparently something of a problem Down Under . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The secret Canadian plan to invade the US
While skirmishes between the two nations subsided, the threat of such did not. In 1921, at a time of major tension between the US and Great Britain over that country’s $22 billion war debt, a Canadian lieutenant colonel named James “Buster” Brown devised Defence Scheme No. 1, “a plan against an imagined war with the United States, Europe, Japan, or a combination.”
Wot?
Among his insights: that the men of Vermont were “fat and lazy but pleasant and congenial”; that rural American women “appear to be a heavy and not very comely lot”; and that “if [Americans] are not actually lazy, they have a very deliberate way of working and apparently believe in frequent rests and gossip.”
Ouch.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:The secret Canadian plan to invade the US
While skirmishes between the two nations subsided, the threat of such did not. In 1921, at a time of major tension between the US and Great Britain over that country’s $22 billion war debt, a Canadian lieutenant colonel named James “Buster” Brown devised Defence Scheme No. 1, “a plan against an imagined war with the United States, Europe, Japan, or a combination.”
Wot?
Among his insights: that the men of Vermont were “fat and lazy but pleasant and congenial”; that rural American women “appear to be a heavy and not very comely lot”; and that “if [Americans] are not actually lazy, they have a very deliberate way of working and apparently believe in frequent rests and gossip.”
Ouch.
There is always a small lunatic fringe in Canada who think they are not part of the US.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Hna1fzX_IQI
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Wot?
Ouch.
There is always a small lunatic fringe in Canada who think they are not part of the US.........
. . . yet every Canadian I've met seems to belong to the lunatic fringe :wink:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Germany's bathroom thief strikes again as Intelligence Ministry's toilet seats go missing.
Investigators say that they have nothing to go on.
Proof that someone in Germany does have a sense of humour.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

[Les Lapins Crétins]
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:Germany's bathroom thief strikes again as Intelligence Ministry's toilet seats go missing.
Investigators say that they have nothing to go on.
Proof that someone in Germany does have a sense of humour.
Probably Russian special forces sent by Putin
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

82-year-old arrested for slashing tires over bingo
Thursday, May 28, 2015 10:01 PM EDT

LAKE WALES (FOX 13) -

Police arrested an 82-year-old man for slashing a woman's tires because he claims she was sitting in his favorite bingo seat.

Fred Smith was charged with criminal mischief to a vehicle last week when, police say, he took an ice pick to Ethel Britt's van.

She celebrated her 88th birthday Friday and has since been questioning why Smith targeted her car.

"I didn't think anyone would be low enough to do that to my car because I didn't know I had any enemies in my life,” she said. “I thought everybody was my friend, but undoubtedly I have one enemy.”

Police say Smith stormed out of a weekly bingo game at the Lake Ashton Club House and punctured two of Britt's tires because she was sitting in a chair he usually sits in.
The stakes are high at bingo night.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

chiken-ramen-factory-1024x576.jpg
chiken-ramen-factory-1024x576.jpg (36.82 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Here's looking at you . . . kids.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Tip of the hat to a former colleague . . .

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:Tip of the hat to a former colleague . . .

Once, I think it was in grade or maybe middle school, the teacher was introducing the prefix "anti." She asked if anyone could apply it to another word. After a few seconds of silence, while I pondered my vast knowledge of Star Trek, I volunteered "Matter & anti-matter."

I think her response was sometimes along the lines of "What the hell are you talking about?"

I looked at her like she was an durian, and she looked at me like I was an durian......... good times!
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

oVFrX85jYPo
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:oVFrX85jYPo
I've stayed in everything from 5 star ryokans to business hotels to love hotels to capsule hotels and have yet see such an emergency installation.

I wonder what hotel that is.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Tk-5RVMerfI
Yukon Cornelius

How to be an Atheist.

Post by Yukon Cornelius »

DS1icEssOUM
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Wot?
Ouch.
Looks like Canada has nothing to worry about for a quite a while yet . . .

uAdDUD6L1nc

[Tip of the hat to an Canuck friend]
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

YOKO ONO:
“I HAD AN AFFAIR WITH HILLARY CLINTON IN THE ’70S”

:lol: :lol:
. . knew her “intimately”.

The celebrity admitted laughingly to having “a fling” with her at the time and acknowledged her election “would be a great advancement for LGBT and Women rights in America” she added.

“We met many times during the New York Vietnam War protests in the 1970s, and became very intimate. We shared many of the same values about sexual equality, fighting against the authoritarian, patriarchal, male-dominated society we were raised in” she explained.

We had a brief romantic fling when I lived with John in Manhattan and Hillary was studying at Yale, but eventually we lost touch. I am amazed how things are going well for her and wish her the best for her campaign” she told reporters during the press conference.