Ukraine

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Ukraine

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:34 am
Typhoon wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:02 pm
If you were actually concerned about the "poor Ukrainian children" you would be against Putin's invasion of Ukraine,
not spending time trying to justify the unjustifiable.
What good would that do. Ukrainian children were doomed once a Democrat entered the White House
The Spengler answer is that the Ukrainian children were always doomed. Now they are more doomed.

Gloomy and Doomy times indeed. :D
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

If you were actually concerned about the "poor Ukrainian children" you would be against Putin's invasion of Ukraine,
What good would that do. Ukrainian children were doomed once a Democrat entered the White House

Yes

Was a mistake not re'elect Donald

still not too late

crossing finger Biden lasts to next .. Not sure how Macron would look at Kamala as leader of free world :roll:
NapLajoieonSteroids

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:35 am
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:22 pm
Mr. Perfect wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:29 pm Periodic reminder, if you feel strongly about Putin invading Ukraine they are accepting volunteer soldiers and you can go to the front lines and really give the Russians a piece of your mind.

Or in case you have some massive physical impairment, the only reason you could justify not volunteering, you can always send a lot of money. At the link below. If you need more ideas let me know.
Mr. Perfect wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:46 am Apparently its just this simple. I wonder if you guys will do it.

https://www.defendukraine.org/donate

Look , Ukraine a bottomless pit with money, black hole .. West knows this therefore sends only weapon , no cash

Chinese send food, medication, goods

Poor Ukraine children

If Putin would have not entered Ukraine, Ukraine would have become a member of NATO and down the road lead to a much bigger clash, most probably nuclear

This was a "real" preventive action (not a fake one as US did with Saddam's WMD)

Yes, many civilian casualties, but probably much less if things had not been stopped at this stage

And,

It would be dishonest to ourselves if we don't look at what " US Defense Secretary Lloyd J. Austin III " said on Monday :

NYT
Behind Austin’s Call for a ‘Weakened’ Russia,

Hints of a Shift

WASHINGTON — When Defense Secretary Lloyd J. Austin III declared Monday at the end of a stealth visit to Ukraine that America’s goal is to see Russia so “weakened” that it would no longer have the power to invade a neighboring state, he was acknowledging a transformation of the conflict, from a battle over control of Ukraine to one that pits Washington more directly against Moscow.

President Biden entered the war insistent that he did not want to make this a contest between the United States and Russia. Rather, he was simply helping a small, struggling democracy defend itself against takeover by a far more powerful neighbor. “Direct confrontation between NATO and Russia is World War III, something we must strive to prevent,” he said in early March, just two weeks into the war.

Basically saying, from the begin, the idea was to use Ukraine as proxy to weaken Russia .. Didn't care how Ukraine civilians would suffer

Meaning :

Ukraine just a tool, means, to try to weaken Russia .. if Russia had not attacked Ukraine, US/West would find another venue to start war with Russia, to "weaken Russia" as Defense Secretary Lloyd J. Austin III openly said

To weaken Russia so that Russia can not help China if and when BANG comes with China.
If it were preventative, then that BANG (at the end there) wouldn't matter.

----------

It would be better off if this were in plain English: The Russians really, truly want to set off World War III now.

It's called being the aggressor.
Heracleum Persicum

Again, good to look at history

Only place Russia invaded last 100 yrs was Afghanistan in December 1979 ..
_____

Mod note.

The above post is a blatant lie.

Militray occupations by Soviet-Russia
Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:48 am

Only place Russia invaded last 100 yrs was Afghanistan in December 1979 .. But Russia was invaded by Bonaparte and aDolf destroying all and killing millions.
Good look? Won't get one without glasses.

Poland (for starters) says howdy.
Heracleum Persicum

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:53 am
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:48 am

Only place Russia invaded last 100 yrs was Afghanistan in December 1979 .. But Russia was invaded by Bonaparte and aDolf destroying all and killing millions.
Good look ? Won't get one without glasses.

Poland (for starters) says howdy.

September 17, 1939 Hitler and Stalin divided Poland between themselves .. Hitler did the foot work

Poland, Polish territory, in history, has moved a lot to east and west, present Ukraine and Poland back and forth .. the whole Balcan exchanged hands many times , boarders were fluid, still are.
_____

Mod note.

The above post contains blatant lies.

Military occupations by Soviet-Russia

Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact
NapLajoieonSteroids

I forgot that Stalin and his party-camarilla were dainty, naive damsels who found themselves in a heap of trouble where they passively inherited half of Poland; then it accidently happened again with the rest of Eastern Europe.
Heracleum Persicum

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:14 am I forgot that Stalin and his party-camarilla were dainty, naive damsels who found themselves in a heap of trouble where they passively inherited half of Poland; then it accidently happened again with the rest of Eastern Europe.

This a long story

Balkan borders and nations fluid, every now and then things changed hand, moved east, moved west, belong this guy or that guy .. It was not Persian empire rock solid space .. :lol:

And

Sowjets sacrificed 28 million to brake aDolf neck , did they get a "Thank you" ? .. without Russians we would be speaking now German

Imagine, total destruction from Moscow to Berlin .. and Russians had to rebuilt again, no single dime from "Marshall Plan"

And, not even Hitler with one foot in grave, all Wehrmacht officers were hired by CIA to fight Russia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinhard_Gehlen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehlen_Organization

Russians built back all with their bloody fingers.

And

now

imagine, NS

Germany who killed 28 million Russians, is sending weapon to kill Russians again :lol:
_____

Mod note.

The above post contains blatant lies.

Military occupations by Soviet-Russia

Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact

Lend-Lease: How the US Kept the Soviets Afloat in World War II
Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heracleum Persicum

NYT
The ‘Messy Middle’
The West is arming Ukraine and punishing Russia.
Today we look at the countries that aren’t.

Most of the world’s 195 countries have not shipped aid to Ukraine or joined in sanctions. A handful have actively supported Russia. Far more occupy the “messy middle,” as Carisa Nietsche of the Center for a New American Security calls it, taking neither Ukraine’s nor Russia’s side.

“We live in a bubble, here in the U.S. and Europe, where we think the very stark moral and geopolitical stakes, and framework of what we’re seeing unfolding, is a universal cause,” Barry Pavel, a senior vice president at the Atlantic Council, told me. “Actually, most of the governments of the world are not with us.”

Today’s newsletter offers a guide to some of those countries and why they have committed to their stances.

Some countries, citing the West’s history of imperialism and past failures to respect human rights, have justified opposing its response to Ukraine. South Africa’s president blamed NATO for Russia’s invasion, and its U.N. ambassador criticized the U.S. invasion of Iraq during a debate last month about Ukraine’s humanitarian crisis.

Bit by bit media start lifting the vail
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:47 am
The Spengler answer is that the Ukrainian children were always doomed. Now they are more doomed.

Gloomy and Doomy times indeed. :D
Eastern Europe has been doomed since time immemorial. I have no idea why anyone lives there.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:57 am Yawn.

More of the same blame-the-victim rationalizations used by unwelcome invaders throughout history.

For the record, I'd be pleased to see Russia so weakened that it would collapse into a bunch of separate fiefdoms.

Good riddance.
What are you going to do when that doesn't happen
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Eastern Europe has been doomed since time immemorial. I have no idea why anyone lives there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9MWP3rgdQ

Fa9MWP3rgdQ
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:51 am

Yes

Was a mistake not re'elect Donald

still not too late

crossing finger Biden lasts to next .. Not sure how Macron would look at Kamala as leader of free world :roll:
The other day Kamala tested positive for blood with COVID in it. So at least she has that going for her. :lol:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:38 am

More of the same blame-the-victim rationalizations used by unwelcome invaders throughout history.

For the record, I'd be pleased to see Russia so weakened that it would collapse into a bunch of separate fiefdoms.

Good riddance.
A perfectly silly question.

Why would I "do anything" if events over which I have no control do not turn out the way I would prefer.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:06 am

Good riddance.

Why would I "do anything" if events over which I have no control do not turn out the way I would prefer.
if you were more manly you would have flown from state to state in the US beating up people for their ID, then voting republican as them,

then across the channel to Europe to join the Ukrainian special forces, snuck into Russia, asassinated Putin.

and then home for dinner, which you caught yourself of course, in the mountains, using a stick.
ultracrepidarian
Parodite

Brain shrivel [Re: Ukraine]

Post by Parodite »

I do agree with Mr P about the West being in some sort of self-castration mode. But events can bring back the testosterone warrior in a male population within a weekend when tribes full of female eggs are under attack of a foreign invader.

The bigger worry should be the systemic shriveling brains. No conquest succeeds without a sound calculus and strategy. Putin may or may not have balls, but he is miscalculating obviously. A serious case of brain shrivel if thou asketh me! Not as pronounced as onset dementia Joe Rasin Biden, but at around Putin's 70 years of age the human organism is at a point of no return. Downwards it will go. Vlad seems to have some physical health issue, his face is swollen. Kidney cancer and the effect of medication by the looks of it. Knowing he has only a few years or even months left to live could explain his erratic behavior. To now or never fix as much as possible of what was lost when the Empire of Heaven i.e. the USSR collapsed. Nothing good will come out of his Ukrainian adventure. For Russia it will go downhill from now on.

In times of brain shrivel the rate of failure sky rockets in all categories. Included big things that start falling apart. Conquest and Empire require testosterone and mental health. Only testosterone can be devastating. Hitler lost his war not because of a lack of testosterone in the german population, but because his brain started to shrivel; possibly even literally after too much drug abuse and parkinson's disease. He miscalculated his chances conquering all of Russia, ignoring his military advisors who were still sound of mind calculating that being satisfied with less was needed for survival.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Re: Brain shrivel [Re: Ukraine]

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:19 pm I do agree with Mr P about the West being in some sort of self-castration mode. But events can bring back the testosterone warrior in a male population within a weekend when tribes full of female eggs are under attack of a foreign invader.

The bigger worry should be the systemic shriveling brains. No conquest succeeds without a sound calculus and strategy. Putin may or may not have balls, but he is miscalculating obviously. A serious case of brain shrivel if thou asketh me! Not as pronounced as onset dementia Joe Rasin Biden, but at around Putin's 70 years of age the human organism is at a point of no return. Downwards it will go. Vlad seems to have some physical health issue, his face is swollen. Kidney cancer and the effect of medication by the looks of it. Knowing he has only a few years or even months left to live could explain his erratic behavior. To now or never fix as much as possible of what was lost when the Empire of Heaven i.e. the USSR collapsed. Nothing good will come out of his Ukrainian adventure. For Russia it will go downhill from now on.

In times of brain shrivel the rate of failure sky rockets in all categories. Included big things that start falling apart. Conquest and Empire require testosterone and mental health. Only testosterone can be devastating. Hitler lost his war not because of a lack of testosterone in the german population, but because his brain started to shrivel; possibly even literally after too much drug abuse and parkinson's disease. He miscalculated his chances conquering all of Russia, ignoring his military advisors who were still sound of mind calculating that being satisfied with less was needed for survival.
There was a boy that was going to go bear hunting with his father. When his father went to check on how close the boy was to being ready he saw the boy was putting on his tennis shoes. He asked the boy why he wasn't putting on his boots instead of the tennis shoes. The boy answered that he was concerned about a bear charging and wanted to run fast if it did. The father said "Son you can't outrun a bear. The boy replied saying "I know that dad. I just have to out run you"

Why is Putin miscalculating? While it is clear he over estimated his own military's effectiveness and placed himself in a corner where he can't back away it isn't even a matter of him miscalculating at this point as he is very limited in what he can do. Zelensky can't down at this point either. There is a huge number of Ukrainians that think any deal with Russia is unacceptable.

As far as I can tell the leadership of the west has already divided up the Russian melon between themselves. The offer was China gets the mineral resources of eastern Russia. Europe gets the fossil fuel reserves of Western Russia and Japan gets back its Northern Territories. So Putin needs to run faster than the other Russian bears and the West. For him this is not so much about an existential threat to Russia but an existential threat to him personally. Use of Nuclear weapons maybe his only chance to survive. The leadership of the West seems to me to be the party suffering Brain shrivel.

Also funny how the man that is shunned by high society is the one most offended by the "incivility" of the current situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR3Vw9Cwn-k

hR3Vw9Cwn-k
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:14 am I forgot that Stalin and his party-camarilla were dainty, naive damsels who found themselves in a heap of trouble where they passively inherited half of Poland; then it accidently happened again with the rest of Eastern Europe.

Told you, that space quite fluid, everything goes , since 100s of yrs .. this ain't Persian Empire lasting 1000 yrs uninterrupted :lol:

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... of-ukraine

Russian Spy Chief Says U.S., Poland Plotting Division of Ukraine

LONDON (Reuters) - Russia's foreign spy chief accused the United States and Poland on Thursday of plotting to gain a sphere of influence in Ukraine, the strongest signal from Moscow that the war could end with forced partition of Ukraine between the West and Russia.

Sergei Naryshkin, the chief of Russia's Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR), cited unpublished intelligence which he said showed that the United States and Poland, NATO allies, were plotting to restore Polish control over part of western Ukraine.

Interesting to see what goes on in Zelenskyy head .. West used him to wipe out Ukraine as a nation .. Poland claims Western Ukraine as Polish, and Eastern Ukraine goes to Russia .. :lol: .. really funny

And

Baltic , Moldova have big Russian (up to 35%) population .. with animosity towards Russian population, Russia could argue defending them and march in .. NYT article

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/27/us/p ... nsion.html

Fears Are Mounting That Ukraine War Will Spill Across Borders

. . fear in Washington and European capitals is that the conflict may soon escalate into a wider war — spreading to neighboring states, to cyberspace and to NATO countries suddenly facing a Russian cutoff of gas. Over the long term, such an expansion could evolve into a more direct conflict between Washington and Moscow reminiscent of the Cold War, as each seeks to sap the other’s power.

"According to the intelligence received by Russia's Foreign Intelligence Service, Washington and Warsaw are working on plans to establish Poland's tight military and political control over its historical possessions in Ukraine," Naryshkin said in a rare statement released by the SVR.

Poland has ruled some territories that are now part of Ukraine at different times in the past, most recently between the two world wars. Western Ukraine, including the city of Lviv, were absorbed into the Soviet Union at the end of World War Two.

The SVR said the United States was discussing with Poland a plan under which Polish "peacekeeping" forces without a NATO mandate would enter parts of western Ukraine where the chance of a confrontation with Russian forces was low.

Things slipping towards "tactical nuke" use .. Putin said so
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:47 am
Typhoon wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:06 am

Good riddance.

if you were more manly you would have flown from state to state in the US beating up people for their ID, then voting republican as them,

then across the channel to Europe to join the Ukrainian special forces, snuck into Russia, assassinated Putin.

and then home for dinner, which you caught yourself of course, in the mountains, using a stick.
Quite right.

Looks like it's time for me to join a ninjutsu school and learn how to be contemporary ninja.

A pity that "Tiger" Tanaka has passed away.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Transnistria.png
Transnistria.png (2.41 MiB) Viewed 2927 times

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/e ... -1.4862552
Growing tensions in Moscow-backed region of Moldova

Kyiv fears Transnistria could be used as a launch pad for new attacks on Ukraine

https://tass.com/world/1444763?utm_sour ... google.com

ussia views incidents in Transnistria as acts of terrorism — Foreign Ministry
Moscow condemns attempts to drag the region into the situation in Ukraine, Maria Zakharova pointed out
MOSCOW, April 28. /TASS/. Moscow is concerned about rising tensions in Transnistria and views the recent incidents in the region as acts of terrorism, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said at a briefing on Thursday.

"We are concerned about rising tensions in Transnistria, where several incidents involving shelling attacks and explosions at government buildings and infrastructure facilities have taken place in the past few days. We view these actions as acts of terrorism aimed at destabilizing the situation in the region and expect that a thorough and impartial investigation into the circumstances of what happened will be conducted," she emphasized.

Zakharova also said that Russia strongly condemned attempts to drag Transnistria into the situation in Ukraine.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

:lol:

Reminds one of the classic Soviet era joke:
Radio Moscow reports:
Our dear listeners write, "Why does our glorious motherland only have two newspapers Pravda [Truth] and Izvestia [News]?"

Radio Moscow replies: Dear listeners, the answer is quite simply.
In Pravda [Truth] there is no news, while in Izvestia [News] there is no truth.
Top marks to Russia for adhering to tradition.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:06 pm :lol:

Reminds me of the classic Soviet era joke:
Radio Moscow reports:
Our dear listeners write, "Why does our glorious motherland only have two newspapers Pravda [Truth] and Izvestia [News]?"

Seems Russia threatening Japan

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/ ... exercises/

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-japan-r ... es-1700980

Heracleum Persicum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C6iQfs9iEY

8C6iQfs9iEY

Ever thought when Saudi were partying with Oil being @ 50 $/b for last 20 yrs , how come now that Oil suddenly 110 $/b they selling everything they have in the west arguing they have no money and they need the money ? ?

MBS no I.D.I.O.T , he saw US and Europe confiscated all Russian "Sovereign funds" , asset , yachts , villas , bank accounts

Once all cleared off , MBS will say we accept Yuan for Oil, dumping Dollar and Euro .. Iran already checking to accept Yuan and Iranian Rial only for Oil, Gas, Petrochemicals.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:35 pm
Typhoon wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:06 pm :lol:

Reminds me of the classic Soviet era joke:
Radio Moscow reports:

Seems Russia threatening Japan

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/ ... exercises/

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-japan-r ... es-1700980

Japan has been holding joint naval exercises with the US since the formation of the JSDF.

Empty threats from a bloviating nation with an economy smaller than that of Florida.
Any conflict would be a repeat of the Russo-Japanese naval war.
The only difference is that it would not take as long.