Junk Science: Poor science, pseudoscience, errors, and fraud

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Typhoon

Re: Junk Science: Poor science, pseudoscience, errors, and fraud

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:00 pm
After months of investigation that identified networks of reviewers and editors manipulating the peer review process, Hindawi plans to retract 511 papers across 16 journals, Retraction Watch has learned.

The retractions, which the publisher and its parent company, Wiley, will announce tomorrow in a blog post, will be issued in the next month, and more may come as its investigation continues. They are not yet making the list available.

Hindawi’s research integrity team found several signs of manipulated peer reviews for the affected papers, including reviews that contained duplicated text, a few individuals who did a lot of reviews, reviewers who turned in their reviews extremely quickly, and misuse of databases that publishers use to vet potential reviewers.

Richard Bennett, vice president of researcher and publishing services for Hindawi, told us that the publisher suspects “coordinated peer review rings” consisting of reviewers and editors working together to advance manuscripts through to publication. Some of the manuscripts appeared to come from paper mills, he said.
https://retractionwatch.com/2022/09/28/ ... dium=email
A structural problem due to the "publish or perish" demands in academia along with giving far too much weight to quantity over quality including number of citations over quality of citations in hiring decisions.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:53 pm
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:00 pm
After months of investigation that identified networks of reviewers and editors manipulating the peer review process, Hindawi plans to retract 511 papers across 16 journals, Retraction Watch has learned.

The retractions, which the publisher and its parent company, Wiley, will announce tomorrow in a blog post, will be issued in the next month, and more may come as its investigation continues. They are not yet making the list available.

Hindawi’s research integrity team found several signs of manipulated peer reviews for the affected papers, including reviews that contained duplicated text, a few individuals who did a lot of reviews, reviewers who turned in their reviews extremely quickly, and misuse of databases that publishers use to vet potential reviewers.

Richard Bennett, vice president of researcher and publishing services for Hindawi, told us that the publisher suspects “coordinated peer review rings” consisting of reviewers and editors working together to advance manuscripts through to publication. Some of the manuscripts appeared to come from paper mills, he said.
https://retractionwatch.com/2022/09/28/ ... dium=email
A structural problem due to the "publish or perish" demands in academia along with giving far too much weight to quantity over quality including number of citations over quality of citations in hiring decisions.
Perhaps the term "published science" should be replaced with "Click bait science"
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I posted a concept for correction of these issues in this forum s couple weeks ago.

The idea is to publish proposals. The necessity, methodology &c made public would correct much of the academic corruption and the original ideas would rise to the top.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Science is only the application of a procedure to eliminate bias and deception about a certain proposition, something called the 'scientific method'. Once we're past that wall, it is no longer science. It has entered the realm of human discussion and debate and is more appropriately termed philosophy....... or politics....'>.......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Doc

Post by Doc »

I posted this here as the main point is controlling people with the excuse we are in a "Climate emergency"
https://summit.news/2022/11/18/canadian ... emissions/
Canadian Bank Launches Credit Card Linked to Carbon Emissions
Technocrats move towards carbon allowance credits.
But then again, who needs credit cards to control everyone when money is "programmable"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z_LQ5rq8pQ

4Z_LQ5rq8pQ

Its not as if they are actually woke, just greedy for more money and more control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzCHzAbLPBI

FzCHzAbLPBI
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

I wouldn't be surprized if at one point armed militias emerge with hitlists of all those bankster prankster criminal robber baron kingpins and their political enablers. Whacktime is coming. The globalist crime cartels need to be taken down by raw force since there are zero political forces active or emerging to stop them.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:43 pm I wouldn't be surprized if at one point armed militias emerge with hitlists of all those bankster prankster criminal robber baron kingpins and their political enablers. Whacktime is coming. The globalist crime cartels need to be taken down by raw force since there are zero political forces active or emerging to stop them.
What usually happens is that monopolists don't face any criminal charges but instead "give away" part of their fortune to make amends with the historical record. Carnegie and Mellon being prime examples. Of course they never give it all away. Usually just the interest. Now a days they set up foundations and pay themselves from it. Funny how you can give your cake away and keep it too.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/14/jeff-be ... rtune.html

Jeff Bezos says he plans to give away most of his $124 billion fortune
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Parodite wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:43 pm I wouldn't be surprized if at one point armed militias emerge with hitlists of all those bankster prankster criminal robber baron kingpins and their political enablers. Whacktime is coming. The globalist crime cartels need to be taken down by raw force since there are zero political forces active or emerging to stop them.
I wouldn't be surprised if the robber barons organize their own private militias, with the help of the useful idiots on the right who by and large make up these peoples' fan base in the first place.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Zack Morris wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:25 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if the robber barons organize their own private militias, with the help of the useful idiots on the right who by and large make up these peoples' fan base in the first place.
Whom are you trying to kid.

Bezos, for example, owns the Washington Post. Google and Facebook support the status quo.
Google and Facebook support the status quo along with the MSM.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

FT | China’s fake science industry: how ‘paper mills’ threaten progress
The country has become a prolific producer of academic research but fraudulent studies risk serious real-world consequences
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... covid.html
REVEALED: Dr. Anthony Fauci confesses he 'made up' covid rules including 6 feet social distancing and masking kids
Fauci said he does not know where the six foot social distancing rule came from
He also said that he was unaware of studies recommending masks for kids
READ MORE: Republicans demand Dr. Fauci's private emails and phone records
By JON MICHAEL RAASCH, POLITICAL REPORTER IN WASHINGTON, D.C., FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 10:52 EDT, 2 June 2024 | UPDATED: 12:47 EDT, 2 June 2024

Bombshell testimony from Dr. Anthony Fauci reveals he made up the six foot social distancing rule and other measures to 'protect' Americans from covid.

Republicans put out the full transcript of their sit down interview with Fauci from January just days before his highly-anticipated public testimony on Monday.

They plan to grill him about covid restrictions he put in place, that he admitted didn't do much to 'slow the spread' of the virus.

Kids' learning loss and social setbacks have been well documented, with one National Institute of Health (NIH) study calling the impact of mask use on students' literacy and learning 'very negative.'

And the impacts from social distancing caused 'depression, generalized anxiety, acute stress, and intrusive thoughts,' another NIH study found.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, former Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, claimed the six foot social distancing rule 'sort of just appeared' and said that he 'might have' reviewed studied on masking kids but 'that's still up in the air'
+
View gallery
Dr. Anthony Fauci, former Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, claimed the six foot social distancing rule 'sort of just appeared' and said that he 'might have' reviewed studied on masking kids but 'that's still up in the air'

TRENDING

Donald Trump campaign has raised over $200 MILLION in just THREE days
25.8k viewing now

Biden administration gave 'mass amnesty' to 350,000 illegal migrants
3.3k viewing now

Joe Biden plans executive action on immigration and border this week
1.2k viewing now
Speaking to counsel on behalf of the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic earlier this year, Fauci told Republicans that the six foot social distancing rule 'sort of just appeared' and that he did not recall how it came about.

'You know, I don't recall. It sort of just appeared,' he said according to committee transcripts when pressed on how the rule came about.

He added he 'was not aware of studies' that supported the social distancing, conceding that such studies 'would be very difficult' to do.

In addition to not recalling any evidence supporting social distancing, Fauci also told the committee's counsel that he didn't remember reading anything to support that masking kids would prevent COVID.

'Do you recall reviewing any studies or data supporting masking for children?' he was asked.

'I don't recall,' Dr. Anthony Fauci told the committee when pressed on where the six foot social distancing rule came from 'It sort of just appeared.'
+
View gallery
'I don't recall,' Dr. Anthony Fauci told the committee when pressed on where the six foot social distancing rule came from 'It sort of just appeared.'

When pressed on the forced masking of kids, Fauci could not recall if he read anything to support the fact it would prevent illness
+
View gallery
When pressed on the forced masking of kids, Fauci could not recall if he read anything to support the fact it would prevent illness

'I might have,' he responded before adding 'but I don't recall specifically that I did.'

The pandemic patriarch also testified that he had not followed any studies after the fact regarding the impacts that forced mask wearing had on children, of which there have been many.

And his answer was an ironic COVID-esque pun, 'I still think that's up in the air,' Fauci said about whether masking kids was a solid way to prevent transmission.

Further, the former director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) told the counsel that he believes the lab leak theory - the idea that COVID began at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) - is a real 'possibility.'

'I think people have made conspiracy aspects from it,' he said, adding 'it could be a lab leak.'

'So I think that in and of itself isn't inherently a conspiracy theory, but some people spin off things from that that are kind of crazy.'

His admission that COVID may have began at the WIV comes four years after he backed the publication of a paper which threw cold water on the lab leak theory called the 'Proximal Origin' paper.

The former NIAID director gave the committee a suspect answer of whether he was conducting gain-of-function research
+
View gallery
The former NIAID director gave the committee a suspect answer of whether he was conducting gain-of-function research

The former NIAID director said the lab leak theory could be true
+
View gallery
The former NIAID director said the lab leak theory could be true

The coronavirus committee has dedicated months to discovering the origins of the virus that upended so many lives and resulted in the deaths of 6 million people globally.

Recently they have discovered that Fauci's former top aide, Dr. David Morens, routinely conducted work on his personal email account and deleted files to avoid government transparency laws under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

His disregard for FOIA requests was so blatant that be bragged in emails to colleagues that he learned how to make official correspondence 'disappear' and that he would delete things he didn't 'want to see in the New York Times.'

Emails from Morens uncovered by the committee further revealed that he boasted about having a 'secret back channel' to Fauci where he could clandestinely communicate with the former NIAID director.

That revelation shocked the committee's chairman Brad Wenstrup, R-Ohio, so thoroughly that he demanded Fauci turnover his personal email and phone records to the investigative body.

Also shocking, is Fauci's admission to the committee in January that he 'never' looks at the grants that he signed off on, some of which total to millions of taxpayer dollars.

'You know, technically, I sign off on each council, but I don't see the grants and what they are. I never look at what grants are there,' he told the committee's counsel.

Further, he said he was 'not certain' that foreign labs that receive U.S. grant money, such as the WIV - which was studying coronaviruses using U.S. taxpayer dollars at the time the pandemic began - operate at the same standards of American labs.

Fauci also said that the money he gave out as a part of the NIAID grant process did not go through any national security reviews.

Fauci's former top aide, Dr. David Morens, speaks during a House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic hearing on Capitol Hill on May 22
+
View gallery
Fauci's former top aide, Dr. David Morens, speaks during a House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic hearing on Capitol Hill on May 22

Fauci said the money he awards to labs abroad is not reviewed for national security concerns
+
View gallery
Fauci said the money he awards to labs abroad is not reviewed for national security concerns

Additionally, the former director said he was unaware of any conflicts of interest among his staff, which included his senior advisor Dr. Morens.

However, Morens testified before the committee on May 22 that he helped his 'best friend' EcoHealth Alliance President Dr. Peter Daszak with his nonprofit's work.

Morens said he helped edit press releases for EcoHealth and worked to restore grant funding for the nonprofit after it's funding was terminated in the wake of the COVID outbreak in 2020.

NIH, which employs Morens, funded Daszak's EcoHealth to the tune of millions of dollars.

Still, Fauci said he was unaware that Morens had any conflicts of interests.

The committee will surely seek to clarify Fauci and Moren's 'secret back channel' of communication during the June 3 hearing.