Re: Israel

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

For those craving for another jump off the cliff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UgDH7D9cLs

A fundamental change in the conflict

Parodite

Re: A Hypnotist’s take on Israel & Palestine

Post by Parodite »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:10 pm Stir up emotions about vague & intangible things and people will fight forever.

https://open.substack.com/pub/badlands/ ... -palestine?
American Hypnotist wrote:Given that the conflict in the Middle East is of a quasi-religious nature, receives nonstop air time, and goes back thousands of years, it’s guaranteed to affect people very deeply.
I'd say: ofcouuuuuurse narratives, hypnotic propaganda, deeply felt emotions (various)... are all part of the mechanics of any conflict.

The Hypnotist tells himself a story where he brings to the fore what he believes is an important part of this particular conflict: hypnosis. Reminds me of Scott Adams who also claims that opinions we hold are "assigned" to us by MSM and other sources.

The narrative "assigned" to me is that at the core the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is just a very simple biological fight over territory and resources. Nothing new, nothing special, same old same old... for millions of years among all living organisms.

Territory and vital resources are the Primal Need of every individual, functional unit like a tribe, country, a species... and because they are the most important and first need for life.. fights over territory are the most brutal and to the death. This biological fact operates independently from human propaganda, narratives, hypnotic effects. To throw a rough guestimate, me thinks it also explains 95% of the bloody Isra-Pal fight. No need for much narrative there, really. The underlying biology also explains why people pick sides even when they don't live there themselves, i.e. have their territorial needs met elsewhere.

It can be enough to be a Jew anywhere and feel the pain of the Jewish victims of the mass murder by Hamas, while feeling very little for the Palestinian victims even though you "know" they suffer the exact same way as human beings. The reverse is obviously true as well. Arabs who identify with Palestinians feel their pain as if it is / could be their own, but simultaneously be psychopathically indifferent to the same pain Israeli Jews suffer.

I myself am not any different: I'm pro Israel and a life long empathizer for the Jewish people. This sentiment was "assigned" to me as a kid already due to WW2, the stories of my parents, learning the history of what happened to the Jews in WW2. The first picture that destroyed the belief I lived in paradise when I was 5 or so: Jewish people, children, walking through a barb wired corridor in a concentration camp and asked my mother what that was about! Her explanation destroyed me. When it comes to Palestinian suffering however I have become insensitive, indifferent, except for seeing kids being killed, maimed, it still makes my stomach turn around.

Hypnotic effects and propaganda probably do have a significant effect on people without any tribal skin in the game. Let’s say you are not Jewish, not Arab, you don't live there, not even close. No people you know or love. Without any tribal connection you watch the news and see people who are very upset and emotional, especially the victims of brutal violence. There don't seem many options: you either feel sorry for all victims but not too much or too long, because you have no tribal connection to any of them. Or, something makes you choose for one or the other and you start to cheerlead, identify with victims and are emotionally converted to one tribe. You can rationally "feel sorry" for both, but emotionally you can't feel the pain of both sides simultaneously. Try watch any fight in sports and feel this deep support for both teams. When your hero/fav team is in pain or victorious you feel it in your body. The enemy of your hero however... in the same pain, you probably enjoy seeing him suffer.

The Christian challenge to even love your enemy is interesting. To just love your own folk is easy and a biological given. To love and forgive your enemy sounds like next level; I just never met anybody who lived up to it. Maybe it is a rare gift, or some genetic freak event where "the tribal skin in the game" has the tribal part removed which leaves you just with loads of skin to play with. (This could be an extra reason not have your foreskin removed btw: one day you might need it)
Deep down I'm very superficial
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

If the occupation and desire is to forever rant about illegal occuption, there will be enough illegal occupation to rant about because all occupations in history were and are illegal. She can whine and complain forever.

No border, no territory in history ever came into existence after some legal process where the Angels of Justice, Wisdom and Utter Fairness assigned square kilometers to this instead of that group of people. These square kilometers in history everywhere all came about with raw power battles red in tooth and claw.

Of course that is a very nasty fact of life which especially every loving woman and wife will hate because it puts them between a rock and a hard place; guys tend have these genes switched on to conquer and hold territory so that these lovely girls can safely give new life to sweet children, in a warm cosey nest protected by same combative male bastards willing to kill other bastards! Women want those males... they need to feel safe and protected.

A famous popgroup once sang about those tears. Especially for Battu.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Can anyone define “Jewish People?” This is the problem the hypnotist speaks of.

To take a non-tangible concept and create a tangible egregore (

Jewish People. Radical muslims. LGBT community. Woke. All egregores.

They are not real and defy definition. They are usually just jingoism employed to hype emotion, manipulate opinions and quash critical thinking.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:19 am

Shlomo Sand is an Israeli Emeritus Professor of History at Tel Aviv University.

The Guardian
The Invention of the Land of Israel by Shlomo Sand
– review

In 2009, Shlomo Sand published The Invention of the Jewish People, in which he claimed that Jews have little in common with each other. They had no common "ethnic" lineage owing to the high level of conversion in antiquity. They had no common language, since Hebrew was used only for prayer and was not even spoken at the time of Jesus. Yiddish was, at most, the language of Ashkenazi Jews. So what is left to unite them? Religion? But religion does not make a people – think of Muslims and Catholics. And most Jews are not religious. Zionism? But that is a political position: one can be a Scot and not a Scottish nationalist. Besides, the majority of Jews, including many Zionists, have not the slightest intention of going "back" to the Holy Land, much preferring, and who can blame them, to stay put in north London, or Brooklyn or wherever. In other words, "Jewish People" is a political construct, an invention. Now Sand tells us, in this second volume of what will be a trilogy, that even the "Land of Israel" was invented. Guardian readers who happen to be Jewish should brace themselves for the third volume: The Invention of the Secular Jew. All this takes considerable chutzpah.

The "Land of Israel" is barely mentioned in the Old Testament : the more common expression is the Land of Canaan. When it is mentioned, it does not include Jerusalem, Hebron, or Bethlehem. Biblical "Israel" is only northern Israel (Samaria) and there never was a united kingdom including both ancient Judea and Samaria.

NYT
A Book by Shlomo Sand Calls Jewish People an 'Invention'

One Jewish history was "invented" by "Hebrew University" .. pretty much all invention for political reason to make a case for existence of Israel

The Real "Jewish history" is from "University of Tel Aviv"
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Egregore, group-ID, "WEGO", self-image vs physical self, one can add "the word is not the thing" etc. I strongly disagree with the hypnotist that these things matter a lot, which is what I tried to explain. It mostly is a non-issue. People without much physical skin in a game (like the Isra-Pal territorial conflict) can get sucked in for sure, but only because they have like all of us a hardwired biological protocol that runs our tribal and territorial instincts and needs, which causes them to cheerlead one instead of the other.
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEUElq-T5TI&t=77s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSe7EGkSD9U

Many Israeli captives killed 7th October in Kibutzes were killed by IDF bombardment

Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:32 pm Egregore, group-ID, "WEGO", self-image vs physical self, one can add "the word is not the thing" etc. I strongly disagree with the hypnotist that these things matter a lot, which is what I tried to explain. It mostly is a non-issue. People without much physical skin in a game (like the Isra-Pal territorial conflict) can get sucked in for sure, but only because they have like all of us a hardwired biological protocol that runs our tribal and territorial instincts and needs, which causes them to cheerlead one instead of the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOS37bTjvbA&t=141s

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:19 am Can anyone define “Jewish People?” This is the problem the hypnotist speaks of.

To take a non-tangible concept and create a tangible egregore (

Jewish People. Radical muslims. LGBT community. Woke. All egregores.

They are not real and defy definition. They are usually just jingoism employed to hype emotion, manipulate opinions and quash critical thinking.
:lol:

Reminds me how the L' Académie française was debating as to whether or not torture exists during the time of the Algerian revolution
. . . egregores. They are not real and defy definition. They are usually just jingoism employed to hype emotion, manipulate opinions and quash critical thinking.
In other words, Americans are not real.

Anyways, that schmuck is just another blogviataor,
one of many that know bupkes about anything, but they are certain that they're a mensch and that their meshuga hypotheses explains everything.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:58 pm .

Many Israeli captives killed 7th October in Kibutzes were killed by IDF bombardment

Nonsense.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:51 am
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:19 am

Shlomo Sand is an Israeli Emeritus Professor of History at Tel Aviv University.

The Guardian
The Invention of the Land of Israel by Shlomo Sand
– review

In 2009, Shlomo Sand published The Invention of the Jewish People, in which he claimed that Jews have little in common with each other. They had no common "ethnic" lineage owing to the high level of conversion in antiquity. They had no common language, since Hebrew was used only for prayer and was not even spoken at the time of Jesus. Yiddish was, at most, the language of Ashkenazi Jews. So what is left to unite them? Religion? But religion does not make a people – think of Muslims and Catholics. And most Jews are not religious. Zionism? But that is a political position: one can be a Scot and not a Scottish nationalist. Besides, the majority of Jews, including many Zionists, have not the slightest intention of going "back" to the Holy Land, much preferring, and who can blame them, to stay put in north London, or Brooklyn or wherever. In other words, "Jewish People" is a political construct, an invention. Now Sand tells us, in this second volume of what will be a trilogy, that even the "Land of Israel" was invented. Guardian readers who happen to be Jewish should brace themselves for the third volume: The Invention of the Secular Jew. All this takes considerable chutzpah.

The "Land of Israel" is barely mentioned in the Old Testament : the more common expression is the Land of Canaan. When it is mentioned, it does not include Jerusalem, Hebron, or Bethlehem. Biblical "Israel" is only northern Israel (Samaria) and there never was a united kingdom including both ancient Judea and Samaria.

NYT
A Book by Shlomo Sand Calls Jewish People an 'Invention'

One Jewish history was "invented" by "Hebrew University" .. pretty much all invention for political reason to make a case for existence of Israel

The Real "Jewish history" is from "University of Tel Aviv"
Well, that's one academic's opinion and he's welcome to it.
It's one thing that I admire about Judaism, one learns by questioning everything.

Note that expressing the analogous opinion in the West Bank or Gaza would get one killed.

No matter how many times you claim that the Jews are not a people, on an obscure forum,
the Jews will continue to see themselves as Jews as they have done over the last two millennia.

It's your problem, not theirs.
Heracleum Persicum

I did not say Jews are not a people, Hebrew tribe is a North African, Ethiopian tribe .. Queen of Sheba

https://www.pbs.org/mythsandheroes/myth ... sheba.html

and

Expressing anything agains Israel on Israeli street (these days) for sure not safe .. all settlers are armed :lol:
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:53 pm
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:58 pm .

Nonsense.

https://mondoweiss.net/2023/10/a-growin ... -7-attack/

https://new.thecradle.co/articles/israe ... ack-report

Mondoweiss notes that on Friday, October 20, the liberal Israeli daily, Haaretz, published an account of the events on 7 October as related by the commander of the Gaza Division, Brig. Gen. Avi Rosenfeld. The commander described how Hamas fighters overran the division headquarters, killing numerous soldiers. He then states that the “division was compelled to request an aerial strike against the base itself in order to repulse the terrorists.”

Mondoweiss notes that a similar event occurred during Israel’s ground invasion of Gaza in 2014. After Hamas fighters captured an Israel soldier, Hadar Goldin, the Israel military targeted the area where he was captured with airstrikes and bulldozers, to kill both Goldin and as many Palestinians as possible. According to investigations by Amnesty International and the UN, “the massive Israeli bombardment killed between 135 and 200 Palestinian civilians, including 75 children, in the three hours following the suspected capture of the one Israeli soldier.”

The Israeli response was the result of a well-documented official policy of the Israeli army, at least since 1986, known as the “Hannibal Directive,” which states that Israeli forces may kill their own soldiers to prevent them from falling into enemy hands.

Doing so helps prevent the enemy from gaining leverage over Israel. By way of example, Hamas captured an Israeli soldier, Gilad Shalit, near the Gaza border in 2006. After holding him captive for five years, Hamas compelled Israel to exchange Shalit for over 1,000 Palestinian prisoners in Israel, including the current political leader of Hamas in Gaza, Yahya Sinwar.

However, in the case of the 7 October attack, the Hannibal Directive appears to have been implemented amidst Israeli, rather than Palestinian civilians. The Electronic Intifada published a long interview with an Israeli woman, Yasmin Porat, who described how she was taken captive by Hamas fighters in Kibbutz Be’eri on 7 October.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

All this bloviating can be summed up as, "It didn't happen and it's a good thing when it did."
noddy

Post by noddy »

+1
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:48 am+1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmCIlawDXcY

Wise heads should fast track 2-state, time not on Israel side
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2V6JyXyhtc

Pls Watch how "humain" and warm the Chinese US ambassador talks to Israeli UN ambassador .. Bravo

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlUUgyiKvuA

Sen. McConnell : World Faces New "Axis of Evil" .. new Axis

There should be a age limit for Senators .. he should have retired long ago :D
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:59 pm .

I did not say Jews are not a people, Hebrew tribe is a North African, Ethiopian tribe .. Queen of Sheba

https://www.pbs.org/mythsandheroes/myth ... sheba.html
Whatever.

The Jews know who they are.
and

Expressing anything agains Israel on Israeli street (these days) for sure not safe .. all settlers are armed :lol:
The Jews don't have fanatical Muslim-type values, Israel is a civilized nation, so armed Jews are not a problem.
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fPtN4hVlFA

Ex-Israeli soldier says ' this government can't defeat Hamas '

He sayin what HP sayin
noddy

Post by noddy »

genuflect off.

The only problems Jews have in australia is miserable arab losers and lefty edge lords.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

The growing anti-semitism of the Left was the subject of discussion in the French press some 20 years ago.

Robert Redeker suggested that, after the Cold War, the Left has replaced “sovietophilia” with “islamophilia,” and that “Palestinians and the contemporary Muslim masses replace the proletariat in the intellectuals’ imagination” as the pure, ideal alternative to Western capitalism. (Le Monde, 11/21/01).

Alain Finkielkraut also offered an important distinction between absolute anti-Zionism and traditional anti-Semitism. In the March 2002 issue of the Jewish magazine, L’Arche, he argues that traditionally anti-Semites were Nationalists: “the French who worship a cult of their identity and who love each other in opposition to Jews.” “Contemporary anti-Semitism,” however, is the domain of the French who “do not love each other, who think in terms of a post-national future, who rid themselves of their Frenchness to better identify with the poor of the Earth, and who, through Israel, group Jews in the camp of the oppressors.” More recently, Finkielkraut has published an essay on anti-Semitism, Au Nom de l’Autre: Réfléxions sur l’antisémitisme qui vient (In the Name of the Other: Reflections on the Coming Anti-Semitism) in which he has taken aim at the left, explaining that anti-Jewish hatred of today comes not from those nostalgic for Pétain and Vichy but rather the activists of the anti-globalization and anti-racism movements.

Pierre-Andre Taguieff introduced in his January, 2002, La Nouvelle Judéophobie (The New Judeophobia). argues that the new judeophobia originated in Islam and Arab nationalism, however it now extends to a movement consisting of “neo-Christian humanitarianism,” “third-worldists,” and anti-globalization activists. This movement “draws nourishment from a myth and feeds it in return.” The myth “is constructed on the demonized figure of ‘Jews-Israelis-Zionists’ supported by the ‘Americans’ and in opposition to that, no less mythical, of the Palestinian Arab ‘innocent victims.’“ On one side, Taguieff continues, stands the “cosmopolitan Satan,” the unholy trinity ‘United States/Israel/The West.’ On the other side stands the “dominated and the oppressed.” Thus the new judeophobia recycles old stereotypes such as the rich Jew and the dominating Jew under the “varnish of progressivism.” The Jew is once more the stand-in for capitalism, imperialism, cosmopolitanism, indeed the whole economic order.
From a blog comment but succinctly summing up the problem.

That's all this amount to. There is a coalition interested in violently overthrowing the current economic order but, here's the kicker, it has little to offer as an alternative except some pre-modern 1000 year reich stuff about how great their grandparents 40 generations ago were-- and even that is dodgy considering how much of it is faked to an extent that would make Herodotus blush.

You can't run a complex trade system that involves billions of people on self-satisfying myths and a cargo cult mentality that having a raw material or a portion of smart people is the same thing as being involved in modernity.
Heracleum Persicum

https://youtu.be/wQd5KqcQAbI?si=NGb-fvP6i8oysEGl&t=250

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLcuUG1CTBo

1937 Iranian Vice Consul in Paris, Abdol Hossein Sardari, issues 1000s of Iranian passport to French Jews, and told Gestapo these are Arians.

They were saved

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdol_Hossein_Sardari