Will Palmer be extradited?

Mr. Perfect

Re: Will Palmer be extradited?

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: As was pointed out in the article, photo + eco tourism dwarfs trophy hunting for revenue.
Why in the world did you say this. He did not claim that and there was no supporting citation. Probably for a reason.
Trophy hunting today, as opposed to hunting for needed food, is for little dicks with masculinity issues.
Sort of some projection it looks like.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nastarana wrote: Branson would seem to be putting some of his fortune where is keyboard is. His airlines don't, he says, transport large animal parts and he is funding safari parks in two countries, which would involve plenty of local employment.
And...
As for my charitable activities and what kinds of efforts I support, MYOB.
So no antipoaching money then.
I never said I thought trophy hunting should be banned, just that it is something I do not respect, a distinction which an angry conformist like yourself would naturally choose to ignore.
Ermm, I'm the one going against the media narrative here, not you. Amazing that when we point a finger 3 point back at us.
It appears to me that someone, somewhere, badly wants to divert media and social media attention way from the juvenile elephant sales
Whatever that means.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:The Maasai demonstrate real lion hunting. No crossbows; no $55k.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/08/10/t ... ur-writer/
Also not real lion hunting. CS says these people have no package.
Nastarana

Post by Nastarana »

How about you, Mr. Perf.? Would you like to give us a rundown of your charitable donations?

I do love the way self styled "libertarians" always seem to have their noses in other people's affairs.
Nastarana

Post by Nastarana »

Where did I weep in front of any cameras? As a matter of fact, I avoid cameras whenever possible.

How did poaching come into this? Trophy hunting is perfectly legal, if not ethical. I never said it should be banned, just that I personally don't respect it, and your attitude is hardly going to induce me to change that opinion. I know it is a difficult concept to grasp, but other people are not obliged to share your opinions.

I remain convinced that someone really, really, really does not want any public attention paid to the kidnapped juvenile elephants. The affair Cecil came along at just the right moment to distract attention.

Furthermore, wild animal preservation is very popular among philanthropists, with well known people in many different walks of life donating lots of money and free publicity to various African wildlife orgs.
YMix

Post by YMix »

“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

He also doesn't provide any money to fight poaching.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

A friend of mine works at a dentist's office. She said the guy has a great sense of humor. I asked her what she meant.

She said last Friday I asked him if he had any special plans for the weekend. He said "Yes I do. I'm going lion hunting."
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Well we all hunt lions, culling is an established practice in almost all lion nations that we all support. But only a few of us are willing to pay lots of money to fight poachers.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Well we all hunt lions, culling is an established practice in almost all lion nations that we all support. But only a few of us are willing to pay lots of money to fight poachers.
Why keep repeating the lie. To convince yourself?

As has been repeatedly pointed out, eco tourism and wildlife photo shoots bring in orders of magnitude more money.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The one thing that trophy hunters seem to have in common is that they are putrid scum.

Newly-Revealed Photos Of Cecil The Lion's Killer Next To A Bear He Illegally Killed
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:The one thing that trophy hunters seem to have in common is that they are putrid scum.

Newly-Revealed Photos Of Cecil The Lion's Killer Next To A Bear He Illegally Killed
Ignorant, putrid scum. There is plenty of legitimate game hunting if one's personality demands bloodsport, but if the challenge of hunting difficult species is required one can buy a Canon camera and some long white 'L' glass. The hunt is far more challenging if one needs proper light, and the 'trophy' is much more valuable.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

:lol: :lol: :lol: .. funny .. so many important things happening in the world now but all you guys seem 2b interested is whether you agree with polygamy or that guy who shot that poor old lion should be extradited

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

:lol: :lol: :lol: .. funny .. so many important things happening in the world now but all you guys seem 2b interested is whether you agree with polygamy or that guy who shot that poor old lion should be extradited

Your observation - admonition reminds of the following:
Bressler's Law: There is no crisis to which academics will not respond with a seminar.
And agonizing over the value of the yuan or the perma-state of the Muddled East on this forum is going to impact and change what exactly?
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Will Palmer should be allowed to genuflect all the lions he wants.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
manolo

Post by manolo »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

HP,

Can't we combine the two interests somehow?

Alex.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Just don't understand the fun of killing an animal.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Well we all hunt lions, culling is an established practice in almost all lion nations that we all support. But only a few of us are willing to pay lots of money to fight poachers.
Why keep repeating the lie. To convince yourself?

As has been repeatedly pointed out, eco tourism and wildlife photo shoots bring in orders of magnitude more money.
A claim is not a fact. You established nothing factually at all as was pointed out . so why do you cling to a lie.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Parodite wrote:Just don't understand the fun of killing an animal.
Probably similar to the fun of eating meat. Yummy.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
I guess so. Is it similar to the fun of killing murders who were on death row? At least if their corpses are being processed into dog or cat food their life would have had some purpose.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:The one thing that trophy hunters seem to have in common is that they are putrid scum.

Do you know the difference between hunters and poachers.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Bressler's Law: There is no crisis to which academics will not respond with a seminar.
:D amen.

Nor no subject so minute or trivial.

'Given the choice between publish or perish, most academics make the wrong choice."
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
I guess so. Is it similar to the fun of killing murders who were on death row? At least if their corpses are being processed into dog or cat food their life would have had some purpose.
Parodite,

Now you are just being silly.

The Planned Parenthood business model proves it is more profitable to sell their organs for medical research. And if the profits were used to combat AGW, it would be a win-win! They would be known not as killers, but as compassionate saviors who cared about the children. ;)
Nastarana

Post by Nastarana »

http://www.theindependent.co.zw/2015/08 ... -wildlife/

This link describes what the Cecil brouhaha covered up. Coincidence? Your guess is as good as mine.