Militarized Police

Simple Minded

Re: Militarized Police

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:42 pm
And thousands of dollars, maybe tens of thousands at this point.

People don't think this will happen to their favorite drugs are in for the surprise of a lifetime.

I don't know what's better or worse, either way makes some people happy and others dissatisfied.
I don't know if you remember or not, but back in the late 70's/early 80's, drunk driving was the contemporary COVID-19 existential crises in the US, and Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) was the contemporary version of today's Black Lives Matter crusaders.

Then, as now, politicians, celebrities, and other publicity whores were all to willing too ride the current wave of publicity/outrage just to get a few more seconds in the limelight.

Anybody who didn't get on board was a hater of mothers, children, civilization, and humanity.

Hmmmmm..... me thinks me sees a pattern. Fixes have consequences. (tm)

A modern movement, say Reality Activated Exceptional Literalists against Idiotic Tech Yutes (REALITY) might be a similar solution to Cancel Culture.

If you don't like anything that is on any of the three channels on television, turn off the TV and go outside. You'll be happier and live longer. :D
Last edited by Simple Minded on Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

That's all way before my time; hafta ask my great-grandparents about it. ;)
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Conservatives Unliking New Technology has a nice ring to it, ill get on to the tshirts.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:06 pm Conservatives Unliking New Technology has a nice ring to it, ill get on to the tshirts.
the t-shirts should have an image of a bunch of people pulling down big statues of 1's and 0's.

people were definitely happier when computer ram was measured in kilobytes rather than gigabytes. coincidence? :P

Moron's Law: the number of people oppressing you in the world has a one to one correlation with the bytes of memory on your hard drive!
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:16 pm
Moron's Law: the number of people oppressing you in the world has a one to one correlation with the bytes of memory on your hard drive!
well, it used to be impossible to track all your goodies, now its trivial, so that law is well founded.

I call it the domesday law, its been getting worse for a while now ;)

started with one book, then moved onto filing cabinets, now escalated to data warehouses.

TOLD YA REEDIN N RITIN WOZ BAD.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:06 am
Simple Minded wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:16 pm
well, it used to be impossible to track all your goodies, now its trivial, so that law is well founded.

I call it the domesday law, its been getting worse for a while now ;)

started with one book, then moved onto filing cabinets, now escalated to data warehouses.

TOLD YA REEDIN N RITIN WOZ BAD.
yeah, but as long as it is convenient, no need for police involvement, it'll all be voluntary.

human nature abhors a data vacuum!

who knew info tech would be such a great..... carrier!
YMix

Post by YMix »

I am highly amused that this is happening under a Republican president and a Republican Senate. Imagine this happening under Obama: the hysterical coverage on Fox News, the hordes of angry dudes posting "Don't Tread on Me" and "Second Amendment" crap on the internet, the screams of tyranny and dictatorship...
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
NapLajoieonSteroids

YMix wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:04 am

Imagine this happening under Obama: the hysterical coverage on Fox News, the hordes of angry dudes posting "Don't Tread on Me" and "Second Amendment" crap on the internet, the screams of tyranny and dictatorship...
Cliven Bundy and Bundy Ranch
NapLajoieonSteroids

Unlike a ranch where it's open plains, cow tipping and the government went to them; Portland is an urban environment where the usual suspects who've been destroying non-cow objects for weeks, decided to bring the fight to the federal court house:

NapLajoieonSteroids

NapLajoieonSteroids

The federal response is that the people nabbed are in relation to assaults on federal agents.

I don't know

1) All these agencies are in very low-trust territory as it is.

2) This falls under the awful patriot act which is a problem unto itself
YMix

Post by YMix »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:24 am The federal response is that the people nabbed are in relation to assaults on federal agents.
Fake news.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:24 am The federal response is that the people nabbed are in relation to assaults on federal agents.

I don't know

1) All these agencies are in very low-trust territory as it is.

2) This falls under the awful patriot act which is a problem unto itself
Grab the perps, tase them, give them the opportunity to pay a $500 fine for vandalizing and hand over their cell phones on the spot.

Or........ strip them naked, zip tie their wrists and ankles together, stack them up like cordwood, put a guard on them so no one hurts them, spray them down with a firehose every few hours so they don't dehydrate, and leave them in a pile until Mommy and Daddy show up to claim them. No one shows up after 5 days, put em in a U-Haul and send them to CHAZ.... or maybe Jeffrey Epstein's sex island....

their choice.

or we could sell them to Romania as slaves.....