Europe

Parodite

Re: Europe

Post by Parodite »

Simple Minded wrote:
Parodite wrote:
Endovelico wrote:What happened to the peaceful, fair minded Dutch I knew when I lived there?...
I guess they moved on... despite your absence. ;)
I'm thinking now that Endo is gone, they probably don't have anyone to emulate.

I think the moral here is: Never put all your eggheads in one basket!
And Easter is over anyways.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

All aboard the Lisbon to Vladivostok train, no stops in Kiev or Warsaw
April 21, 2015 - Pavel Shipillin
http://fortruss.blogspot.pt/2015/04/all ... train.html

[Translated from Russian by Dvajdsitdva]

In recent days the German Chancellor Angela Merkel again allowed herself to talk about a common geopolitical and economic European space, including Russia. In my opinion this statement could be regarded as a feat, considering all the pressure that Washington has been exerting on Germany.

"In the future we see a major economic trading zone, which includes Russia.” - said Frau Merkel on April 17th at an economic forum in Stralsund. And taking a deep breath, boldly added, "We progress step by step, and move closer to a common economic space, and just like Vladimir Putin once said, it will be 'from Vladivostok to Lisbon.' "

Angela Merkel of course mentioned Putin, hated in the USA, for a reason. Yet despite of that, the Chancellor made it clear that Germany will try to defend its sovereignty. After all, only Americans share the view that the Russian President is the devil incarnate. The steps towards an economic Euro-Asian trade zone seem logical and consistent for the Europeans.

Having said that, Washington's goal for the Europeans is not a big family secret.

At an accelerated pace, the plans are to complete the construction of a "Hate Belt," that includes various Russophobic States from the Baltic all the way to the Black sea, states that would hinder the development and strengthening of economic relations between Russia and the European Union. In fact, there are only two ways left through which you can deliver and trade goods: across land through Belarus and then through Poland, or by sea through St. Petersburg. At this moment and time, no sane businessman would attempt to deliver and trade goods via Ukraine.

Angela Merkel stressed that the problems between Russia and Germany need to be solved through political discussions. Unlike Barack Obama's attitude towards us, this approach is quite peaceful and constructive.

The Europeans are also finally beginning to realize, what kind of pill has been prepared for them by the Americans, in the form of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP). On Saturday tens of thousands Europeans took part in protests against the signing of the agreement on free trade between the US and the EU.

The larger protests were in Spain, where apparently people are better informed about the incoming time bomb, that the Americans put in fine print of the agreement. Twenty thousand people hit the streets of Madrid and Barcelona. In Berlin, fifteen hundred people formed a human chain, stretching from the Potsdamer Platz to The Brandenburg gate. In Munich, the same event brought together three thousand activists. Residents of Leipzig, Stuttgart, and Frankfurt also protested against the TTIP.

The essence of the TTIP is the strengthening of the U.S. economic influence in the EU. Meanwhile, cooperation with Russia should be kept to a bare minimum, until Russia finishes supplying the EU with comfortable and trouble-free supply of gas, which the EU still needs. The United States intends to eventually replace Russia, as the main energy provider, albeit at higher prices.

This is why the construction of the "South Stream" pipeline was torpedoed, because the route was designed to circumvent the new Russophobic powers in Ukraine. United
States has flagged the company Gazprom, stubbornly pushing it into transporting gas through Ukrainian pipeline system, which they themselves control. And we, in turn, are still trying to sell energy to Europe, now through Turkey and the "weak links" of the EU - Greece, Serbia, And Hungary.

A geopolitical game between the superpowers has become the main, and only cause of the Maidan. This same game has plunged the former brotherly country into an economic abyss, a crises which the Ukraine cannot get out of. The Ukrainians are standing shoulder to shoulder in between Russia and Europe, and are completely confident that they must sacrifice themselves so that in far away America the standard of living, god forbid, does not decrease.

Not only does the United States intend to extract gas from Ukraine and transport it across the ocean, but also to extract shale deposits in Poland and in the Ukraine, along the way destroying the native ecologies in these countries. In addition, the still wealthy European market has been buying produce overseas, and that should help the distressed American economy in staying afloat. Thus, the purpose of TTIP is to save the US at the expense of the local European population.

Of course, for this the Europeans must abandon their dangerous goals and thoughts of trading in the East via Russia and China. And I would have to say, that first in line is China, and then only us. The "Hate Belt" is primarily created so that China would sit quietly at the edge of the world and not contemplate about a New Silk Road - an overland corridor through Kazakhstan and Russia, through which goods can be delivered to the expensive markets in Europe. [Which everyone is after. This is a key geopolitical idea, superpowers interfering with each other's plans to keep important and profitable markets in their own hands and not their competitors - tr.]

Following the same thread, the sea route through which China trades with the West and receives energy supplies from the Persian Gulf, is securely controlled by the U.S. Navy. The narrow aquatic necks of Hormuz, the Malacca Straits, and the Suez canal can be easily closed or embargoed. China is trying to counter American influence in the sea in the Indian Ocean. Yet it is clearly not enough, and the U.S. will keep an eye out for strengthening of its main geopolitical rival, China, in the region. And it seems, will not allow that at all costs.

The more valuable the revelations of European politicians, who are well versed in the order of geopolitical challenges of the day, and are aware of the real role prepared for the ‘Old World.’ Increasingly, they begin to show their neat porcelain teeth to their transatlantic partners. But it seems that the European Union has not yet said its last word to the USA on the TTIP. And that word is "NO".
Sooner or later most Europeans will realize that the partner they need is Russia, not a sinking US...
YMix

Post by YMix »

"In the future we see a major economic trading zone, which includes Russia.” - said Frau Merkel on April 17th at an economic forum in Stralsund. And taking a deep breath, boldly added, "We progress step by step, and move closer to a common economic space, and just like Vladimir Putin once said, it will be 'from Vladivostok to Lisbon.' "
"In other news, today President Barack Obama declared Germany a rogue terrorist nation in possession of WMDs, Muslims and Freiheit Fritten. 'As luck would have it, our troops are already there. Brave US soldiers are moving as we speak to remove the dangerous Merkel regime and the even more dangerous railroad tracks leading to Russia and China,' said President Obama."
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

YMix wrote:
"In other news, today President Barack Obama declared Germany a rogue terrorist nation in possession of WMDs, Muslims and Freiheit Fritten. 'As luck would have it, our troops are already there. Brave US soldiers are moving as we speak to remove the dangerous Merkel regime and the even more dangerous railroad tracks leading to Russia and China,' said President Obama."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Doc

Post by Doc »

Then again maybe he knows something you don't

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comm ... story.html
Negative interest rates put world on course for biggest mass default in history

More than €2 trillion-worth of eurozone government bonds trade on a negative interest rate. It's a bubble that is bound to end badly

Here’s an astonishing statistic; more than 30pc of all government debt in the eurozone – around €2 trillion of securities in total – is trading on a negative interest rate.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

EU Prefers to Endorse Nuclear War Rather Than Challenge US' Russia Claims
The governing party in the European Parliament figures non-existent aggression had to be stopped by a declaration of readiness for nuclear war
by Paul Craig Roberts
http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/e ... laims/6225

Just as Karl Marx claimed that History had chosen the proletariat, neoconservatives claim that History has chosen America. Just as the Nazis proclaimed “Deutschland uber alles,” neoconservatives proclaim “America uber alles.” In September 2013 President Obama actually stood before the United Nations and declared, “I believe America is exceptional.”

Germany’s political leaders and those in Great Britain, France, and throughout Europe, Canada, Australia, and Japan also believe that America is exceptional, which means better than they are. That’s why these countries are Washington’s vassals. They accept their inferiority to the Exceptional Country — the USA — and follow its leadership.

It is unlikely that the Chinese think that a handful of White People are exceptional in anything except their diminutive numbers. The populations of Asia, Africa, and South America dwarf those that comprise Washington’s Empire.

Neither do the Russians believe that the US is exceptional. Putin’s response to Obama’s claim of American superiority was: “God created us equal.” Putin added: “It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation.”

If all countries are exceptional, the word loses its meaning. If America is exceptional, it means others are inferior for lacking this designation. Inferiors have less rights and can be bullied into submission or bombed into oblivion.

The Exceptional Country is above all the others and, therefore, doesn’t have to be concerned about how it treats them. Obviously, Americans and their vassals think

America is exceptional as the millions of people murdered, maimed, and dislocated by Washington’s wars in eight countries in the 21st century has not resulted in condemnation of Washington. Merkel, Hollande, Cameron and the puppets in Canada, Australia, and Japan still suck up, holding tight to Washington.

Instead, Russia and Iran, countries that, unlike the US, are not militarily aggressive, are portrayed in the White People’s Media as threats and are condemned.

The White Media claims, and has claimed since February 2014, that there are Russian tanks and troops in Ukraine. Putin has pointed out that if this indeed was the case, Kiev and Western Ukraine would have fallen to the Russian invasion early last year. Kiev has been unable to defeat the small breakaway republics in eastern and southern Ukraine and would stand no chance against the Russian military.

Recently a brave news organization made fun of the White Media’s claim that Russian tanks have been pouring into Ukraine for 14 months. The parody pictured Ukraine at a standstill. All traffic on all roads and residential streets is blocked by Russian tanks. All parking places, including sidewalks and people’s front and rear gardens have tanks piled upon tanks. The entire country is immobilized in gridlock.

Although a few have fun making fun of the gullible people who believe the White Media, the situation is nevertheless serious as it concerns life on planet Earth.

There is little sign that Washington and its vassals care about life on Earth. Recently, the largest political group in the European Parliament–the European People’s Party–expressed a cavalier opinion about life on Earth. We know this, because, if we can trust Euractive, an online EU news source, the majority EU party believes that declaring the EU’s readiness for nuclear war is one of the best steps to deter Russia from further aggression. The aggression to be stopped by Europe’s declaration of its readiness for armageddon is the alleged Russian invasion of Ukraine, and the “further aggression” is Putin’s alleged intention of reestablishing the Soviet Empire.

It must be disappointing to the Russian government to see that leaders of the European Union prefer to endorse nuclear war than to challenge Washington’s propaganda.

When I read that the governing party in the European Parliament thought non-existent aggression had to be stopped by a declaration of readiness for nuclear war, I realized that money could buy any and every thing, even the life of the planet. The European People’s Party was speaking in behalf of Washington’s propaganda, not in behalf of Europe. Europe’s nuclear war with Russia would end instantly with the destruction of every European capital.

The crazed vice-president of the European People’s Party, Jacek Saryusz-Wolski revealed who the real aggressor is when he declared: “Time of talk and persuasion with Russia is over. Now it’s time for a tough policy.”

Clearly, the European Parliament is a great danger to life on the planet. Is it realistic to think that Russia will allow herself to become a concubine of Washington?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

They created something that's unwise.
You can’t form a business partnership with your frivolous, drunken brother-in-law."

~ Charlie Munger on the Eurozone
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Parodite wrote:
Endovelico wrote:What happened to the peaceful, fair minded Dutch I knew when I lived there?...
I guess they moved on... despite your absence. ;)
I'm thinking now that Endo is gone, they probably don't have anyone to emulate.

I think the moral here is: Never put all your eggheads in one basket!
Indeed. You'll just end up with a basket case.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
They created something that's unwise.
You can’t form a business partnership with your frivolous, drunken brother-in-law."

~ Charlie Munger on the Eurozone
:lol: :lol:

Technically, you can, but should you?
noddy

Post by noddy »

i wonder how the dutchies and the portugese managed to live side by side in the indonesian archipelago
ultracrepidarian
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

noddy wrote:i wonder how the dutchies and the portugese managed to live side by side in the indonesian archipelago
Easy. They had 99% and we had 1%... And their Calvinistic upbringing told them they shouldn't be greedy... :D
noddy

Post by noddy »

Endovelico wrote:
noddy wrote:i wonder how the dutchies and the portugese managed to live side by side in the indonesian archipelago
Easy. They had 99% and we had 1%... And their Calvinistic upbringing told them they shouldn't be greedy... :D

explains why you have all settled so comfortably into the current roles :P
ultracrepidarian
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

noddy wrote:
Endovelico wrote:

explains why you have all settled so comfortably into the current roles :P
Wrong! They are way past their peak, we are giving our first steps towards becoming the nicest and most appealing country in Europe!... :D
noddy

Post by noddy »

no ill wishes from me, only bemusement at your seemingly constant need to side with a larger groupings.

all the best countries are smaller ones, the trick with modernity is to exploit the automation and get more with less, not to worry about last centuries paths to riches.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Endovelico wrote:
back then 1%ers were good guys.... now they are bad guys.... people just can't get their act together....
noddy

Post by noddy »

hah :)
Simple Minded wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
back then 1%ers were good guys.... now they are bad guys.... people just can't get their act together....
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

New footage has emerged of Berlin in the aftermath of World War II. The video, filmed in July 1945, shows famous landmarks like the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag in ruins as ordinary citizens try to go about their everyday lives.

The video, shot around two months after the city fell in 1945, shows the utter destruction the German capital underwent during WWII. Berlin had already been divided into four zones by the Allied powers, and signs in Russian had already begun to be erected in the Soviet sphere of influence.

The footage, some of which had never previously been published, has an almost apocalyptic feel, as the residents of Berlin walk around the streets, despite the debris everywhere to be seen. Trams are already running through Alexanderplatz as a mix of soldiers and civilians try to get from A to B.

Towards the end of the video, aerial footage shows the sheer destruction of the Unter den Linden Boulevard, leading away from the Brandenburg Gate. Buildings and blocks of flats were razed, while rubble and burnt out cars littered the surrounding area.

The video was uploaded by Konstantin von zur Muehlen, who founded Chronos Media in 2001. It has access to historic film footage, which includes over 7 million meters of film roll dating back over a century. Its material from its archives has been purchased and exchanged around the globe.

http://rt.com/news/255613-berlin-ww2-aftermath-video/
Alexis

Circling the wagons won't be enough

Post by Alexis »

A perfect Euroskeptic storm is brewing.

Deutsche Welle's Bernd Riegert is right: "circling the wagons" won't be enough, something more needs to be done if EU's eventual dissolution is to be avoided.

But what? He doesn't say, and let's not fault him: the fact is nobody has really clear ideas either...
The latest election victories by Euroskeptics in Poland, Spain, the UK, and Finland should make it clear to all the integration romantics: the European Union has massive problems that are only likely to get worse in the coming months.

Tremors are coming from a host of member states - for different reasons. At the core of the EU - in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and parts of France - governments are hoping for business as usual. But that won't be enough to keep things together. The forces at work are too powerful.

The radical left government in Greece is constantly facing bankruptcy and a possible exit from the eurozone. The UK is holding a referendum about membership in the EU with an uncertain outcome. Leftist movements are growing in Spain and Portugal, putting pressure on the conservative proponents of past EU policy, and in Poland, there's been a surprising win by a presidential candidate who is just as Euroskeptic as the Brits. Poland's autumn parliamentary elections could put Euroskeptics back in power.
For the first time, a party that is critical of the EU is part of the government in Finland. Hungary is being governed by a Euroskeptic who has already described the president of the European Commission as a dictator – if only in jest. Only Italy's socialist prime minister has successfully managed to rein in the Euroskeptics. What's going on with the good old EU? Critics from both the right and left are running rampant.

If you look at the map, Germany appears to be surrounded. The government is reacting to the growing level of skepticism on the outer edges of the EU by circling the wagons. At the next EU summit, Chancellor Angela Merkel, together with French President Francois Hollande, is set to recommend closer cooperation of the 19 states in the monetary union. The euro states would have approved such a plan at the height of the euro crisis two years ago; today though, no one wants to hear about it anymore.
Merkel has ruled out a renegotiation of bloc treaties as demanded by British Prime Minister David Cameron. Cameron has been strengthened by his recent convincing election victory, but Merkel is refusing to budge. Given the current tensions, changes to the treaties are hardly likely to be pushed through. In addition, they would require referendums in various member states.

A large-scale reform of the European Union is also difficult because the demands of the critics and the reasons behind the demands are so different. The British want less Europe, and also to pay less. They don't think they need the EU. Poland and Spain are profiting from the EU; their economies are growing again. Despite this, people there project their frustrations on Europe. The southern member states are demanding more solidarity from Germany, common debt management and, essentially, more money. But the Germans aren't prepared to step up. Economically speaking, Germany is doing well. But there's limited support for helping out its poorer neighbors.
There's no easy way out of the crisis. The European Commission continues to try to finance its investment plan, which is meant to create jobs. The member states are waiting to see what happens. The Commission is proposing a fairer distribution of refugees. The member states reject that. The Commission is trying to negotiate a free trade agreement with the United States. The German population is particularly skeptical. Wherever you look, truly common goals among the 28 heads of state and government are increasingly harder to find.

Attempting a basic reform that would satisfy Britain, Spain, Greece, Poland, and Germany is not to be expected. The most likely solution is to further tinker with the existing treaties. At least until the next presidential election in France, set for the spring of 2017. That's when the right-wing populist, anti-Europe Front National hopes for a breakthrough success. If France were to firmly land in the Euroskeptic camp, it would mean the end of a union that has grown and thrived over the past 60 years. That's why Germany has to do something. Circling the wagons won't be enough.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Europe is being killed not by those who are considered sceptic about Europe, but by those who have used Europe to exploit the less developed European countries. Without a sense of identity and without solidarity Europe is doomed. Curiously enough it will be some of those one calls eurosceptic who may yet salvage the idea of Europe there where such an idea can survive - in Southern Europe. I hope I will live long enough to see a Mediterranean Union, true heir to the old Greek and Roman ideals.
YMix

Re: Circling the wagons won't be enough

Post by YMix »

DW wrote:Merkel has ruled out a renegotiation of bloc treaties as demanded by British Prime Minister David Cameron.
This is a bad idea. The way I see the situation, Europeans have set up a system, tried it for some years and reached the conclusion that it needs certain adjustments. As one of Caragiale's characters put it, "here and there, in the crucial aspects". I understand that Merkel and Germany see any attempt at renegotiation as a losing proposing, but things can't go on like this.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

YMix wrote:
DW wrote:Merkel has ruled out a renegotiation of bloc treaties as demanded by British Prime Minister David Cameron.
This is a bad idea. The way I see the situation, Europeans have set up a system, tried it for some years and reached the conclusion that it needs certain adjustments. As one of Caragiale's characters put it, "here and there, in the crucial aspects". I understand that Merkel and Germany see any attempt at renegotiation as a losing proposing, but things can't go on like this.
I have come to the conclusion that the only useful thing the EU has to offer Portugal is a large free trade area. Everything else only makes our life harder. For reasons other than the UK, we must leave the EU as soon as possible and, if possible, take all Southern European countries with us. I'm definitely not an isolationist but I have no stomach for being colonized by Northern Europeans.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
YMix wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that the only useful thing the EU has to offer Portugal is a large free trade area. Everything else only makes our life harder. For reasons other than the UK, we must leave the EU as soon as possible and, if possible, take all Southern European countries with us. I'm definitely not an isolationist but I have no stomach for being colonized by Northern Europeans.
The EU makes sense as

1/ an economic free-trade-zone community

2/ free movement of people

3/ a common defense; and

4/ possibly a voluntary EU currency for those nations that can handle it.

On the other hand, the EU supra govt and bureaucracy in Brussels do not.
YMix

Post by YMix »

There goes the neighborhood.
Hungary to build 4-metre high, 175-km fence on Serbian border

The Hungarian government has decided to physically close its borders with Serbia. Foreign Minister Péter Szijjártó has announced on Wednesday that Hungary will build a four-metre (13.1 feet) high fence on the total 175-kilometre (108.7 miles) length of the Hungarian-Serbian border. A single week was given to make preparations for the new "Iron Curtain" the most infamous of which Hungary helped tear down in 1989.

[...]

Hungary can wait no more

"Hungary cannot afford to wait any longer. The government has instructed the Minister of Interior to immediately start preparations for the physical closure of the Hungarian-Serbian border and be done with these preparatory works by next Wednesday and make a status report on that day," Szijjártó said.

The minister disclosed the following details about the planned Iron Curtain:

- Hungary will build a four-metre high fence on a 175-kilometre stretch between Hungary and Serbia.

The cabinet has also decided to consider every EU member state and candidate countries for EU accession as safe countries.

"We are not talking about a unique measure here. There is such a border closure on the Greek-Turkish and Bulgarian-Turkish borders and Spanish towns are also defending themselves this way. Hungary is infringing no EU law with this," Szijjártó stressed.

[...]

The Bulgarian fence

Bulgaria is building a 100-mile fence on its border with Turkey, where refugees and militants with the Islamic State group in Syria and Iraq cross over for safety or to smuggle weapons and foreign fighters, the New York Times reported in early April.

More than 18,000 refugees, mainly from Syria's civil war, have crossed the border from Turkey to seek asylum in Bulgaria in the past two years.

At the end of last month the fence was 20 miles long, but according to reports there are plans to extend it along the entire border.

To some degree, efforts like the new Bulgarian fence simply contribute to a game of Whack-a-Mole: When one route is cut off, smugglers shift to other paths into Europe, the NYT said.

"In 2012, heightened security was implemented along the Greek border with Turkey, including the building of a fence," said Gil Arias Fernández, deputy executive director of Frontex, the agency that coordinates border protection throughout the European Union. "The result was that flow changed towards the Bulgarian border."

It was this deluge that caused Bulgaria to institute its own "containment plan" in November 2013, including the continuing construction of the border fence, which will eventually stretch 100 miles.

The impact was dramatic. The number of known illegal crossings fell to about 4,000 in 2014 from 11,000 the previous year.

But that did not mean that refugees were not getting into Europe, Fernández told the NYT.. Those thousands who failed to cross into Bulgaria were offset by larger numbers crossing from Turkey by sea to the nearby Greek islands. Smaller numbers tried making it to Bulgaria across the Black Sea.

[...]
So glad the USA is spreading democracy to Syria. :roll:
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

US, Britain Want to 'Weaken EU, Impoverish Russia'
11:47 22.06.2015
http://sputniknews.com/politics/2015062 ... 83182.html

Washington and London have very specific plans regarding continental Europe and Russia: they want to weaken the first and impoverish the latter to prevent them from uniting into a force to be reckoned with.

Otherwise, the US policy towards Europe and Russia does not make any sense.

"Modern Russia is a capitalist, democratic and Christian country with a European culture. Unlike Russia, the United States has never been a part of Europe. Without Russia Europe is culturally mutilated, while Russia without Europe feels marginalized," observed Il Giornale, an Italian newspaper.

Cold War era is gone; the times of bitter confrontation are long over. Yet, the United States treats Russia as if it still were the Soviet Union, noted the media outlet.

The US transformed NATO from an anti-Soviet into an anti-Russian bloc to drive a wedge between Europe and Russia.

This was done to prevent the two from forging a culturally homogenous alliance, whose political and economic power could match that of China and counter the Islamic world, according to the media outlet.

Apparently, this scenario is highly unfavorable for the United States and Britain.

"Wishing to preserve their hegemony, [Washington and London] create tensions between Russian and the European Union through the Ukrainian crisis," Il Giornale said.

The Anglo-Saxon policy in the Middle East has turned the Islamic world into a turbulent region plagued by extremist violence.

Take a look at just one nation shattered by Washington and London. "They destroyed Gaddafi in Libya leaving the country in the hands of Islamists widespread in Africa and migrants are now flooding our countries," the newspaper noted.

According to Il Giornale, this is what the foreign policy of the United States and Britain boil down to.

They "want to keep the EU weak and powerless and treat it like a colony. They also want to keep Russia impoverished and alone in the face" of the global challenges, including the Islamist threat, Il Giornale concluded.
I couldn't agree more. That's exactly my view.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Endovelico wrote:
US, Britain Want to 'Weaken EU, Impoverish Russia'
11:47 22.06.2015
http://sputniknews.com/politics/2015062 ... 83182.html

Washington and London have very specific plans regarding continental Europe and Russia: they want to weaken the first and impoverish the latter to prevent them from uniting into a force to be reckoned with.

Otherwise, the US policy towards Europe and Russia does not make any sense.

"Modern Russia is a capitalist, democratic and Christian country with a European culture. Unlike Russia, the United States has never been a part of Europe. Without Russia Europe is culturally mutilated, while Russia without Europe feels marginalized," observed Il Giornale, an Italian newspaper.

Cold War era is gone; the times of bitter confrontation are long over. Yet, the United States treats Russia as if it still were the Soviet Union, noted the media outlet.
I couldn't agree more. That's exactly my view.

Brits always wanted to f*ck European continent .. poor Bonaparte

Germans buying up Europe .. Germans will pay Greek outstandings, Spain and Italy and Portugal and others will want same, German will take care of them too .. well, German economy, Industry, can afford it .. Once Germans done all that, they defacto own Europe and their economy will be much more stronger, probably stronger than US .. and .. next comes Russia and China .. Germany will not start antagonism with Russia and China, will not "rubber stamp" US policy

Brits are finito, should have happened long ago