First they came for conservatives...

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: First they came for conservatives...

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

noddy wrote:their is no doubt its not a good time (in america) to hold certain views in public, in left leaning areas.

for me in my country.. not so much. I could definately lose some jobs being honest but thats always been the case.

Ive been on both sides of the interview table and plenty of folks have lost a chance with me by showing their true natures early, i reserve the right to maintain a certain environment and i wont be putting any turds in my punchbowl.

as for globalisation, Im not Mr P, I dont see this is as valiant american christians fighting the rest of the left wing world, its a bloody complicated mess that crosses national and political boundaries.

In australia Id say the biggest anti globalist nationalists are to be found in the unionist left remenants of the old industrial workers, they dont give a crap about right wing or conservative issues.
It's complex and it's a sensitive issue and the economics are a sufficient cause....

but I'm talking about more a self-inflicted political/mass psychological failing. It's not helpful.
NapLajoieonSteroids

That includes Mr.Jones.

But excising Mr.Jones is only a further cover of the problem; this time with intractable politics.

It's the difference between suffering from one man on every street corner claiming to be Napoleon; and a city deciding to round up a certain proportion of men who claim to be Napoleon.

On one hand, it's certainly better to have less Napoleon's one street corners- not perfect but much more pleasant for everyone.

But it's a clear choice and opens up issues of legitimacy.
NapLajoieonSteroids

It's legitimate to accuse someone of holding the same views as Alex Jones but it's not even a thing to warn others that their conventional wisdoms line up with Calvin Broadus.

It even sounds weird- if I brought it up in conversation, I would be met with polite silence or labelled a nut ball.

And that wouldn't be all that unreasonable in certain senses.

But in one case we have a guy who believes in super secret psy-ops about school shootings

and

another guy who believes it was a super secret psy-op conspiracy that he was brought up on accessory to murder charges in an incident that no one, including him, disputes took place.
NapLajoieonSteroids

And I don't mean to pick on the one in favor the other. Mr.Broadus was rightly acquitted in the case. And he also grew up in a war-zone environment under the aegis of a LAPD which is famously corrupt. I don't think there has ever been a point where the LAPD hasn't been.
I also think he should be harshly judged for whatever youthful criminality he got up to. There is also no reason to doubt his sincerity that he largely cleaned up his act after that trial, which was 20+ years ago now.

At the same time, he remains a public relations spokesman for the Crips and an apologist for some real sociopaths and predatory people.

I'd be a lot more worried about Alex Jones if he was associated with some white biker gang or went around saying Timothy McVeigh was misunderstood and was done in by the gov't.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote:multinational capitalists corrupting local governments and systems and crushing local dissidents.

some might say "eventually, they came for the american conservatives"
You are doing that thing again.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote:their is no doubt its not a good time (in america) to hold certain views in public, in left leaning areas.

for me in my country.. not so much. I could definately lose some jobs being honest but thats always been the case.

Ive been on both sides of the interview table and plenty of folks have lost a chance with me by showing their true natures early, i reserve the right to maintain a certain environment and i wont be putting any turds in my punchbowl.

as for globalisation, Im not Mr P, I dont see this is as valiant american christians fighting the rest of the left wing world, its a bloody complicated mess that crosses national and political boundaries.

In australia Id say the biggest anti globalist nationalists are to be found in the unionist left remenants of the old industrial workers, they dont give a crap about right wing or conservative issues.
That's not what's happening here.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
noddy wrote:multinational capitalists corrupting local governments and systems and crushing local dissidents.

some might say "eventually, they came for the american conservatives"
You are doing that thing again.
not at all.

I might be deeply ignorant of the current day to day plays in america right now but you arent exactly mister informed on how the rest of the world has been a playground for multinational companies genuflecting with the politics.

it took me a while to realise your complaints are everyone elses reality for the last few decades and you sound awfully like Gulp/Endo , even if you havent quite caught on to that yet.

yes, america has been pushing a transnational corpratism across the planet for the entire period since ww2 - without competition since the end of the cold war.

no lavender, its not interested in your local politics and finds most of that distasteful towards maintaining its big picture game of new world order domination.
Last edited by noddy on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:And I don't mean to pick on the one in favor the other. Mr.Broadus was rightly acquitted in the case. And he also grew up in a war-zone environment under the aegis of a LAPD which is famously corrupt. I don't think there has ever been a point where the LAPD hasn't been.
I also think he should be harshly judged for whatever youthful criminality he got up to. There is also no reason to doubt his sincerity that he largely cleaned up his act after that trial, which was 20+ years ago now.

At the same time, he remains a public relations spokesman for the Crips and an apologist for some real sociopaths and predatory people.

I'd be a lot more worried about Alex Jones if he was associated with some white biker gang or went around saying Timothy McVeigh was misunderstood and was done in by the gov't.
i have 2 sought of contradicting viewpoints on all that.

a) entertainers have long since had a seperate, lighter, version of the law to the rest of us scum
the drug offfences which would get me in jail, get them in rehab and public apology, known rapists and pedophiles operate with immunity.

b) you get away with being a crackpot when its just a side dish on your primary role as something else , especially when the some thing else is a famous entertainer

still no doubt, its the woke ones with different standards for different identities involved.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:

It's complex and it's a sensitive issue and the economics are a sufficient cause....

but I'm talking about more a self-inflicted political/mass psychological failing. It's not helpful.
care to expand.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote:https://www.macrumors.com/2018/09/08/ap ... app-store/

the comments are the interesting bit, from the mac fan boys.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ap ... e.2135883/
what is interesting there?

I read pg1 and pg 5- some of pg4- lots of faux outrage and discursions into flat earth stuff and operation mockingbird, 'cause it's all pertinent.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

interesting is a big word.

just random data points for the conversation.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

if lying, sometimes disgustingly so and having a platform for ulterior motives (like making money or building prestige) is now a high crime;

when are we going to execute more half of the "name" journalists and the major platforms?

Not one of them is free of this junk, especially the money making part- tv morning shows are 90% commercials. Newspapers, are (or were, 'till they screwed themselves) classified ad businesses with covered this immodesty with pretty words from journalists.

Heck, the Pulitzer Prize- still the top award for journalists- celebrates a 'yellow journalist'. He (along with Hearst) is popularly credited with starting the Spanish-American War with fake news.

In that ultimate category, Alex Jones has zero deaths to his name...how many people died during the Spanish-American War?

...maybe he needs to take more super vitality pills...
NapLajoieonSteroids

The difference is that they have money, so they look much more respectable when selling their super male vitality pills-- an their pills are much more effective; you can get the best boner pills from watching the evening news.

And considering the lurid newsroom sexual politics, they can all vouch for how effective their pills are.

-----

...looking this up, some back of the napkin maths say about 21 thousand people were killed or maimed during the Spanish-American War.

Very impressive and much more respectable.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Joseph Pulitzer much too long ago?

How about Dan Rather?

Now, he finally lost his job for blatantly trying to destroy President Bush fils with phony documents.

But- let's go back to near the beginning of his career: he made his name on the JFK assassination, and was the reporter to break the news of the Zapruder film, showing the assassination. As it would be years before the film would actually be shown to the public, ol' Dan was the first person to describe what he saw on it- to be the officially authority of what "happened", a day after the event-

and he lied. He lied bigly. At this point, I'm not even sure he (or anyone working for him) actually saw the film.

He had zero reasons to lie about it. And it was all swept under the rug by 1975 when other people could actually view the tape...now, of course, the whole tape can be seen on Youtube, as well as Rather's '63 "reporting".

This pathological liar was one of the "most important" [TM] anchors/reporters for 40+ years before he reached too far.

What else did he lie about through those years?

Why is he still allowed in polite society?
noddy

Post by noddy »

noddy wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: It's complex and it's a sensitive issue and the economics are a sufficient cause....

care to expand.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote:
noddy wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: It's complex and it's a sensitive issue and the economics are a sufficient cause....

care to expand.
I'm getting my own digressions and whining out of the way first. :D
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:And I don't mean to pick on the one in favor the other. Mr.Broadus was rightly acquitted in the case. And he also grew up in a war-zone environment under the aegis of a LAPD which is famously corrupt. I don't think there has ever been a point where the LAPD hasn't been.

i have 2 sought of contradicting viewpoints on all that.

a) entertainers have long since had a seperate, lighter, version of the law to the rest of us scum
the drug offfences which would get me in jail, get them in rehab and public apology, known rapists and pedophiles operate with immunity.

b) you get away with being a crackpot when its just a side dish on your primary role as something else , especially when the some thing else is a famous entertainer

still no doubt, its the woke ones with different standards for different identities involved.
Here's why I'm not sure why these views apply in this instance:

1)Yes, celebrities get preferential treatment in most cases. But how does being put on trial for murder a form of preferential treatment?

2)Sure, moneymakers get to be nutty on the side. But where is the aside in this case?

Both entertainers in this case make money directly from their nutty views. Snoop Dogg the man&persona was all about representing the Crips as the rightful heirs to the Black Panthers and promoting it for political purposes. That was the ultimately the whole point of Death Row Records.
NapLajoieonSteroids

They've even "first they came for" German Idealist Dude:

iOk6HB609po

The FBI has visited him twice in the last year.

Here's the text from the video:
Donald Trump is the candidate who is going to raise Thule, and Atlantis. I believe in global cooling, cooling the earth, the sea levels lowering, and I believe in land raising from the bottom of the ocean with ancient ruins on it. Like the ruins of Thule. And I believe that Trump is going to accomplish all of that. He is going to prove that UFOs exist. The government has known about them for a long time. They know that UFOs are out there, and that they are trying to communicate with us, and that they have secrets about the origins of human consciousness. Are you familiar with the philosopher Friedrich Schelling? Have you read the Historical-critical introduction to the philosophy of mythology? Schelling is a German idealist philosopher. He was roommates with Holderlin and with Hegel and he talks about all of this. He predicted it a long time ago. Trump is going to Make German Idealism Real. He is going to complete the system! Kant--he could not complete the system of German idealism! Trump is going to complete the system, he is going to derive the complete system. It terrifies me! How can WE complete the system of German idealism? I DON'T KNOW! No one could do it! Hegel couldn't do it! Schelling couldn't do it! Fichte couldn't do it! Reinhold couldn't do it! Maimon couldn't do it! No one could complete the system of German idealism! GERMAN IDEALISM!! FIRST CRITIQUE, PUBLISHED IN 1781. TRUMP IS A KANTIAN, I WANT EVERYONE HERE TO HEAR, DONALD TRUMP IS A KANTIAN, HE IS A GERMAN IDEALIST.

Describing himself as a respected artist and ironist, the joke seems to have gone over the head of the Feds.

We can't have German Idealists running around! Heaven forfend.

But the antifa professor who hits people over the head with a bike lock on a chain is not a threat to anyone, and gets his case dismissed.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Assistant Editor of Marvel Comics.
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote:
noddy wrote:

care to expand.
Why exactly are we suffering from radical chic?

What war did we lose? Where are the impoverished from Upper West Side New York?

Was Malibu blown up and scions like Rob Reiner turned to charismatic fanatics to explain the situation & give them guidance?
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
noddy wrote:
noddy wrote:

care to expand.
Why exactly are we suffering from radical chic?

What war did we lose? Where are the impoverished from Upper West Side New York?

Was Malibu blown up and scions like Rob Reiner turned to charismatic fanatics to explain the situation & give them guidance?
because we are a dead culture, poking at the ashes, rearranging the last hot coals while waiting for the next big thing to show up.

history will look at us like the normans, a big explosion of confidence that took them all around the world followed by a big collapse a couple of generations later as they went native and ran out of reasons to care for all that effort.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Man that is some serious psychological projection.
noddy

Post by noddy »

maybe so.

ok.

what do you call the masses of the population fixated on the issues described in this thread.

does a confident civilisation focus on self loathing and removing its own influences on society via immigration ?
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's called segmentation. Some people think like that, some don't. Then there are some in the middle who don't know what to think. I think we can probably figure out who belongs in what category.

For me, I don't understand people who give up.