Canada

A Mari usque ad Mare
Apollonius

Re: Canada

Post by Apollonius »

Typhoon wrote:So it would appear that any blanket sweeping statements about aboriginal Canadians as a group have little meaning.

Some are doing quite well, others probably less so. My guess is that it varies greatly by tribe and by location.

This is the obvious truth. There is great disparity of wealth between Native bands, and great disparity of weath between individual members within tribes. I think it is impossible to generalize about this.
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Interesting.

I am strongly opposed the Northern Gateway pipeline project. The Keystone route to Texas makes more sense. However, I have alway advocated a trans-national pipeline, which, astonishingly, does not yet exist. I see now that this alternative is being given some serious consideration:

MP says Alberta's oil welcomed in Atlantic provinces - CBC News, 17 November 2012
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2 ... antic.html

A Liberal MP from Nova Scotia has paid a visit to the oilsands, saying that Alberta may be having struggles in accessing foreign markets but the province's crude is always welcome in the East.

Halifax West MP Geoff Regan says environmental concerns appear to be stalling approval of the Keystone XL pipeline to Texas and the Northern Gateway pipeline which would ship through B.C. for export to Asian countries.

But Regan says the struggling economies of Atlantic provinces would be encouraged by the notion of bringing Canadian oil eastward, where residents rely on Middle Eastern imports.

Calgary's TransCanada Corp. is studying the possibility of shipping as many as one million barrels a day of western crude to eastern refineries.

To do so, it would convert part of its natural gas mainline partly to oil service. CEO Russ Girling has called the project both technically and economically feasible.

Company officials have also said they don't expect to see a big environmental pushback because eastern Canadians are keenly aware of how such a plan would positively affect fuel prices where they live.

Regan also says competitive wages in the oilsands could put pressure on companies back east, such as Irving, to offer a bigger paycheque for skilled workers.

"The tradespeople will be saying, 'do I want to go home and work for $10 an hour less plus take a haircut on my benefits?'" said Regan.

"I think they're going to have to be competitive. Some people will want to stay home but still, when the opportunities still exist out here I think they're real and that's something that will have to factor in."

Regan also said there's a national benefit in terms of security of the oil supply.

"I think there is a strong interest in Atlantic Canada and in Eastern Canada generally in the idea of having access to Canadian oil," he said.

"The fact of the matter is that if there's a connection to the East coast, one of the important benefits of that for Alberta and for the oilsands is that you get the international price."

Go Canada!
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:A quick cursory search reveals that at some some Canadian aboriginal tribes are doing well

So it would appear that any blanket sweeping statements about aboriginal Canadians as a group have little meaning.

Some are doing quite well, others probably less so. My guess is that it varies greatly by tribe and by location.

Nobody will disagree with this statement. Nonetheless, First Nations and Metis people are disproportionately effected by various social problems from poverty to addiction to lack of services to incarceration. The positives are worth celebrating, but do not account for all of the negatives, from a purely statistical point of view.
Crocus sativus

Post by Crocus sativus »

Harper brings shame on Canadians

John Baird, Canada’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, stood before the United Nations General Assembly in New York, Thursday and denounced a resolution recognizing a Palestinian state — which he knew was about to pass by a huge majority — while threatening possible repercussions from Canada.

Mr. Baird called the UN motion “utterly regrettable,” accused the UN of abandoning its “policy and principle” and dropped the veiled threat of unspecified actions Canada might take in response.

“The outstanding issues are too intricate and too complex to be resolved by symbolic, unilateral measures,” Mr. Baird said in his speech.

“The path to peace has historically rested in direct negotiations between the two parties to resolve the outstanding issues and it remains the same today.

“Will the Palestinian people be better off as a result? No. On the contrary, this unilateral step will harden positions and raise unrealistic expectations while doing nothing to improve the lives of the Palestinian people,” he said.

“It is for these reasons that Canada is voting against this resolution. As a result of this body’s utterly regrettable decision to abandon policy and principle, we will be considering all available next steps.”

Negotiation only possible between two equal opponents .. Zionist backed by evil empire tyrannizing poor Pali woman and children

Graphic: The state of Palestine

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Harper-era foreign policy has been a bit of a joke, but this is partially explained by the fact that what Evangelical hicks do exist in Canada are firmly part of the political base of the Conservative party, and the other half (the business/banker community) don't care for the most part, and contain some Spengler-esque Canadian Jews who reflexively back Israel regardless of the details.

Unlike the US, Canadian policy on this subject can differ quite a bit on this particular subject depending on who is in power at the time. But, also unlike the US, Canada isn't much of an influence either way.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Apollonius wrote:Interesting.

I am strongly opposed the Northern Gateway pipeline project. The Keystone route to Texas makes more sense. However, I have alway advocated a trans-national pipeline, which, astonishingly, does not yet exist. I see now that this alternative is being given some serious consideration:

MP says Alberta's oil welcomed in Atlantic provinces - CBC News, 17 November 2012
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2 ... antic.html
This sounds like a much better deal for Canada as a whole than a pipeline to the South or West. More refining and value added jobs would stay in Canada rather than get exported with the oil and it would improve the economy and energy security of eastern Canada. It might even increase national cohesion, especially with respect to Quebec.
cultivate a white rose
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Ibrahim wrote:Harper-era foreign policy has been a bit of a joke
This particular embarrassment, which won't be soon forgotten, makes Canada look like an American island protectorate. The only countries besides Canada who followed Israel and her house goy are a handful of Pacific protectorates who receive much of their funding from the U.S. Treasury. At least they got paid for their votes. What did Canada get, besides the derisive laughter of the civilized World?
cultivate a white rose
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Indirect Payment to Canada.......

Post by monster_gardener »

Azrael wrote:
This particular embarrassment, which won't be soon forgotten, makes Canada look like an American island protectorate. The only countries besides Canada who followed Israel and her house goy are a handful of Pacific protectorates who receive much of their funding from the U.S. Treasury. At least they got paid for their votes. What did Canada get, besides the derisive laughter of the civilized World?

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azrael

IMVHO Canada may have also been paid....

Indirectly.......

How much does Canada spend on Defense? ;) .......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_b ... ted_States

Might say that doesn't matter........

But it might.......

With "Snidely Whiplash" ;) :twisted: Harper selling Canada to the Chinese Dragons but probably not intending to Deliver as I have been told here......

Might be good to be lockstep occasionally with the Cowboy in the House Down South if you are intending to cheat a Dragon...... :twisted:

Never mind that the Cowboy may be doing the same thing with his printing press...... :twisted:
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Azrael wrote:
It plays in the sticks in Alberta, that's about it. I understand the Pacific nations, Israel buys them off for those votes and it doesn't really effect them anyway so why not? Frankly I think this practice makes Israel look rather pathetic, and I'll give those islands a pass. But there is really no excuse for the Canadian and US votes, nor Clinton's or Baird's absurd comments following the vote.
Crocus sativus

Post by Crocus sativus »

Most Canadians are embarrassed and utterly disgusted with what our Conservative government has done. Unfortunately, because of our ’First Past the Post’ electoral system and the bitter reality that a majority government can do anything they want, we can’t do much about it, at least not until the next elections. When that time comes, we promise to do our best to remove from power these fanatics who have shamed Canada and put us on the wrong side of history.

The 10 Most Shameful Minutes in Canadian History

VPEeN4aWn0s

gujySDqlVGA

M56kH.png
M56kH.png (123.5 KiB) Viewed 1440 times

Crocus sativus

Post by Crocus sativus »

Was speaking to a Canadian friend about Harper government re Israel and and

He quite knowledgeable about Canadian politics (I am not)

He said, Harper and his gang are stanch "evangelist" and "Rapture" believers

what a disaster, in this day and age, people believing in such rubbish leading nations

monster_gardener

Christian Rapture vs. Madhi Madness......

Crocus sativus wrote:.

what a disaster, in this day and age, people believing in such rubbish leading nations

Thank you Very Much for your post, Azari.

How is believing that the Madhi will rise from the Well in Qom and lead the Shia to Victory if the Chaos Level rises high enough that much different in quality?

Especially If one doesn't have a Plan E for Evacuation Space Program to get you off planet if the Madhi doesn't come through and you keep tweaking the Chaos Level higher :shock:

I have heard tell that Ahmadinejad visited the Well in Qom and dropped the Madhi a message..........
Crocus sativus

Re: Christian Rapture vs. Madhi Madness......

Post by Crocus sativus »

monster_gardener wrote:.

How is believing that the Madhi will rise from the Well in Qom and lead the Shia to Victory if the Chaos Level rises high enough that much different in quality?

Especially If one doesn't have a Plan E for Evacuation Space Program to get you off planet if the Madhi doesn't come through and you keep tweaking the Chaos Level higher :shock:

I have heard tell that Ahmadinejad visited the Well in Qom and dropped the Madhi a message.........

Yes, true, Ahmadinejat & friends, regularly, visit Mehdi (in Ghom) and throw messages & questions into the well (and receive answer to their questions) .. but .. all that a strategic political move, to energies those who going to fight you guys tooth and nail, those who walk on mines and and and .. otherwise, mad mullahs know their "Grotto" no Fatima of Lourdes, doing miracles on the fly (Similar appearances of the "lady" were reported on seventeen further occasions that year.) :lol:

not so Harper & friends

They really in earnest believe in that crap .. they really into that garbage

you see the difference, Monster ? ?

one genius strategist (facts on the ground attest this), the other durian

monster_gardener

AhMad's Hand Made Prophecies........

Crocus sativus wrote:

I have heard tell that Ahmadinejad visited the Well in Qom and dropped the Madhi a message.........

Yes, true, Ahmadinejat & friends, regularly, visit Mehdi (in Ghom) and throw messages & questions into the well (and receive answer to their questions) .. but .. all that a strategic political move, to energies those who going to fight you guys tooth and nail, those who walk on mines and and and .. otherwise, mad mullahs know their "Grotto" no Fatima of Lourdes, doing miracles on the fly (Similar appearances of the "lady" were reported on seventeen further occasions that year.) :lol:

not so Harper & friends

Thank You Very Much for your Post, Azari.

Thanks for the explanation........

Sounds a bit dangerous.......

Remembering that a lot of the RePuglic ;) :twisted: oops I mean Republic of Gilead Hierarchy in the Handmaid Timeline was that way too.....

Not really Believers.......

Just in it for the Buckz and Broadz and other Creature Comforts.....

Till there was a Coup by the Scandalized Crypto True Believers............

IIRC Didn't change much for the better the Handmaidz..........

If anything, things got worse.......

But the Hypocrites who Had Hand Made HandMaid Society ;) :twisted: got what they so richly deserved......... :twisted:

Ahmadinejat & friends, regularly, visit Mehdi (in Ghom) and throw messages & questions into the well (and receive answer to their questions)
(and receive answer to their questions)
Are the answers that AhMad ;) & his buddies get published or kept as state secrets till after the prophecy is fulfilled ;) :twisted:
Crocus sativus

Re: AhMad's Hand Made Prophecies........

Post by Crocus sativus »

not so Harper & friends

Sounds a bit dangerous .......

When "Der schnelle Heinz" stood with his 2nd Panzer Army in outskirt of Moscow threatening Moscow, what did Dzhugashvili do ? ? .. he ordered "Imperial Russian Tzarist Music played on Radio" :lol: .. AND ? ? result was, Russia broke Hitlers back .. same idea now with Mahdi :)

Adolf should have listened to Guderian, was a mistake
From 5 October 1941 he led the redesignated Second Panzer Army. His armoured spearhead captured Smolensk in a remarkably short time and was poised to launch the final assault on Moscow when he was ordered to turn south towards Kiev (see Lötzen decision).

He protested against Hitler's decision and as a result lost the Führer's confidence.[citation needed] He was relieved of his command on 25 December 1941 after Feldmarschall Günther von Kluge, not noted for his ability to face up to Hitler,[citation needed] claimed that Guderian had ordered a withdrawal in contradiction of Hitler's "stand fast" order. Guderian was transferred to the Oberkommando des Heeres (OKH) reserve pool, his chances of being promoted to Feldmarschall, which depended on Hitler's personal decision, possibly ruined forever.

Guderian would deny that he ordered any kind of withdrawal[citation needed]. Ironically this act of apparent insubordination is cited by his admirers as further proof of his independence of spirit when dealing with Hitler. Guderian's own view on the matter was that he had been victimized by von Kluge who was the commanding officer when German troops came to a standstill at the Moscow front in late autumn/winter 1941. At some point he so provoked von Kluge with accusations related to his dismissal that the field marshal challenged him to a duel, which Hitler forbade.

W. made the same (military) mistake as Adolf, unless things more than what meets the eye

Ahmadinejat & friends, regularly, visit Mehdi (in Ghom) and throw messages & questions into the well (and receive answer to their questions)

Are the answers that AhMad ;) & his buddies get published or kept as state secrets till after the prophecy is fulfilled ;) :twisted:

State secret ? ?

like saying Stalin ordering "Imperial Russian music on Radio" just for a few to hear :lol: :lol:

would miss the purpose :)

monster_gardener

General Secretary Stalin's Lonely Hearts Club Bands.

Crocus sativus wrote:

not so Harper & friends

Sounds a bit dangerous .......

When "Der schnelle Heinz" stood with his 2nd Panzer Army in outskirt of Moscow threatening Moscow, what did Dzhugashvili do ? ? .. he ordered "Imperial Russian Tzarist Music played on Radio" :lol: .. AND ? ? result was, Russia broke Hitlers back .. same idea now with Mahdi :)

Adolf should have listened to Guderian, was a mistake
From 5 October 1941 he led the redesignated Second Panzer Army. His armoured spearhead captured Smolensk in a remarkably short time and was poised to launch the final assault on Moscow when he was ordered to turn south towards Kiev (see Lötzen decision).

He protested against Hitler's decision and as a result lost the Führer's confidence.[citation needed] He was relieved of his command on 25 December 1941 after Feldmarschall Günther von Kluge, not noted for his ability to face up to Hitler,[citation needed] claimed that Guderian had ordered a withdrawal in contradiction of Hitler's "stand fast" order. Guderian was transferred to the Oberkommando des Heeres (OKH) reserve pool, his chances of being promoted to Feldmarschall, which depended on Hitler's personal decision, possibly ruined forever.

Guderian would deny that he ordered any kind of withdrawal[citation needed]. Ironically this act of apparent insubordination is cited by his admirers as further proof of his independence of spirit when dealing with Hitler. Guderian's own view on the matter was that he had been victimized by von Kluge who was the commanding officer when German troops came to a standstill at the Moscow front in late autumn/winter 1941. At some point he so provoked von Kluge with accusations related to his dismissal that the field marshal challenged him to a duel, which Hitler forbade.

W. made the same (military) mistake as Adolf, unless things more than what meets the eye

State secret ? ?

like saying Stalin ordering "Imperial Russian music on Radio" just for a few to hear :lol: :lol:

would miss the purpose :)

Thank You VERY Much for your Reply, Azari.
Point taken but would Stalin order "Imperial" Russian Music? ;)

Wouldn't that be Badly Bourgeoisie? ;)

He may have......

Not sure what musical tastes Bad Old Uncle Joe had........

Might be good to find out...
Crocus sativus

Post by Crocus sativus »

Mr. Harper is pandering to those who believe that Jesus’ Second Coming is tied to Israel’s survival.

No, I do not think so

Canadian foreign policy, like any other country, is a long term national policy, it does not change with conservatives or liberals or even socialist (NDP) on the power .. and .. no Canadian politician, neither from
left nor right or even center, has raised voice against sudden Canadian Israel policy shift .. Canada had to
be stupid not to know that only Israel, US and Canada would vote no to Palestinian statehood

that "Rupture" just rubbish .. and .. Chingiz Khan would be standing left of Alberta conservatives

so

what is the reason for sudden Canadian love with Israel ? ?

My take, Canada signaling to Zionist, don't worry, when time to pack and leave, they welcome in Canada :lol:

Canada has now 390K Jews .. pretty much all South African Jews came to Canada

monster_gardener

Japan Sinks? .... Israel Glows? Especially the Marigolds...

Mr. Harper is pandering to those who believe that Jesus’ Second Coming is tied to Israel’s survival.

No, I do not think so

Canadian foreign policy, like any other country, is a long term national policy, it does not change with conservatives or liberals or even socialist (NDP) on the power .. and .. no Canadian politician, neither from
left nor right or even center, has raised voice against sudden Canadian Israel policy shift .. Canada had to
be stupid not to know that only Israel, US and Canada would vote no to Palestinian statehood

that "Rupture" just rubbish .. and .. Chingiz Khan would be standing left of Alberta conservatives

so

My take, Canada signaling to Zionist, don't worry, when time to pack and leave, they welcome in Canada :lol:

You may well be right, Azari.

This reminds me of the book "Japan Sinks"......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Sinks

Japan had to find countries to take its people as Japan became uninhabitable...

IIRC it didn't have too much of a problem in the book...

Lot's of nations wanted to have the talented Japanese as citizens....... :)

And get their hands on Japan tech and patents........ ;)

I imagine something that could happen if Israel became uninhabitable for almost any reason be it......

Infestation with Red Hot HAMAssed Pali Proctologists :shock:...... :twisted:

Or The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man in the Moon Marigolds.... ;) :o

Tinker has advocated Uz taking in the Iz.....

And Mr. Perfect IIRC has said that it would be a plus for Uz......

I'm not opposed if that is what the Iz want......

OTOH hand I note that the Pali Muslim Chaos Monkeys have had major problems getting many of their Muslim Brother Chaos Monkeys to take them in......

And that when they have they have caused much trouble for some of those who did..........
Crocus sativus

Re: Japan Sinks? .... Israel Glows? Especially the Marigold

Post by Crocus sativus »

No, I do not think so

so

I imagine something that could happen if Israel became uninhabitable for almost any reason be it......

OTOH hand I note that the Pali Muslim Chaos Monkeys have had major problems getting many of their Muslim Brother Chaos Monkeys to take them in......

And that when they have they have caused much trouble for some of those who did.........

Monster, no denying (western) Rhubarb prospers best in mids of GOYS .. the GOYer the herd, the better Rhubarb perform

And , Canada a fertile territory

but,

that not the whole story

American Rhubarb, might feel unease, feel the heat .. maybe better move to Toronto B4 that American RedNeck had it

and

most of all

You guys broke, no money

but

Canada swimming in money, for generations to come

noddy

Post by noddy »

i was under the impression canada was in pretty much the same state as australia which is seemingly rich but extremely dependant on the resource boom of the last decade maintaining its current levels and growth rates.

the huge inflows of money from developing countries infrastructure orgy has pumped real estate way above long term sustainable levels and the rest of their industry base has been neglected in favour of this primary industry and hammered by the strong dollar.

all the wages and government services are pumped up to max because of the easy money and need to remain at this level to maintain the housing boom.

house of cards on a real estate bubble like spain.. wages go down, government workers start getting laid off, house prices crash, feedback loop.

its called dutch disease
ultracrepidarian
monster_gardener

Can Azari Survive an Izzy Canada... Plants Vs. Mobot Zombies

Crocus sativus wrote:

No, I do not think so

so

Thank you Very MUCH for your post, Azari.

And that when they have they have caused much trouble for some of those who did.........

Monster, no denying (western) Rhubarb prospers best in mids of GOYS .. the GOYer the herd, the better Rhubarb perform

but,

that not the whole story

American Rhubarb, might feel unease, feel the heat .. maybe better move to Toronto B4 that American RedNeck had it

and

most of all

You guys broke, no money

but

You may be right, Azari.

If they did decide to leave Israel, perhaps the Iz would prefer Uz "Without Caffeine" to Uz......

That would be their choice.........

Though given the Decaffeinated ;) :twisted: :lol: Climate of Uz, I suspect that some of my friends who are Middle Eastern Jews would prefer Uz so as not to be in cold Mizari ;)

But there is an important consideration.........

Can Azari Survive an Dizzy Izzy ;) Canada...??

How will Azari manage to stay in Canada and survive this huge influx as I understand you of 'evil' "worst than Nazi" 'European & Russian' "Zionist criminals" ;) :lol:

Will have to flee back to Iran.........??

Or Perhaps go to Palestine Hoping to help make it a Persian Province...... ;)

A Palestine where Man in the Moon Marigolds and other Mutated Plants escaped from the Greenhouses ;) ..........

Attack Red Hot HamAssed Palestinian Proctologist Zombies and other Looney Sunni Mobots ;) :twisted:

With Gamma Rays :twisted:

Hope you have Rustam (tm) brand ;) Looney Sunni Remover :twisted: if you try that... :twisted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rustam

0N1_0SUGlDQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N1_0SUGlDQ
Crocus sativus

Re: Can Azari Survive an Izzy Canada... Plants Vs. Mobot Zom

Post by Crocus sativus »

monster_gardener wrote:
Crocus sativus wrote:

No, I do not think so

so

Thank you Very MUCH for your post, Azari.

but,

that not the whole story

and

most of all

You guys broke, no money

but

Can Azari Survive an Dizzy Izzy ;) Canada...??

How will Azari manage to stay in Canada and survive this huge influx as I understand you of 'evil' "worst than Nazi" 'European & Russian' "Zionist criminals" ;) :lol:

Will have to flee back to Iran.........??

You bring up a very important point

look, why have Jooz lived happily in all ME for 1000s of yrs like anybody else ? ? ask Baghdadi Jews how much they miss Baghdad, evenings having Kabab next to the Euphrates .. why nothing of that sort you were putting them through happened to them in ME ?

That a good question to ask yourself (and your ME Jewish friends)

Reason is,

In ME, all groups (ethnics) know each other since 5000+ yrs, know how the other side's brain works .. nobody foolin nobody .. once you know this, there's no hard feelin, no horsing around, rules pretty much clear .. peaceful coexistence .. each group (ethnic) has his own peculiarity, AND, those peculiarities are accepted and respected .. that is the secret of 1000s of yrs of peaceful coexistence

Problem arises, when a group, visually blends in (non-visible minority), and, you think they thinkin same you thinkin, but they don't

Meaning, no problemo for Azari, problem is for you

hai capito ? ?

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

This is the Canada thread.

It is not the ME section or the conspiracy theory thread.

Learn by example from the Canadians and get along.

Off topic posts will from now on be sent to the Hell they so richly deserve.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Crocus sativus

Post by Crocus sativus »

Typhoon wrote:.

come on, colonel, come on

this about new immigrants to Canada :lol:

monster_gardener

New Israels: Jewish Immigration Canada Thread in ME Forum...

Crocus sativus wrote:
Typhoon wrote:.

come on, colonel, come on

this about new immigrants to Canada :lol:

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.

And Thank You VERY MUCH for your Patience, Typhoon.

Your advice is appreciated.

I'm going to start a thread in the Mid-East Forum to deal with this.

If it should be folded into the Israel or other thread, my apologies in advance for the extra work.

Plan to be back with the link.

Here is the link........

Have made it a more general topic.....

New Israels....... Jewish Homelands in addition to or instead of the current location..........

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1491

Feel Free to move my posts there if you think it appropriate....... and is not more workload........

Or not........