Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America?

Simple Minded

Re: Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:

Obama got to go to Oslo to get his Nobel peace prize participation trophy and all you are giving noddy is a simple participation trophy even though Noddy has done so much more?
How else am I going to teach noddy that life is inherently unfair, and that all "white people"** are racists?

Some think bitch slapping ain't right, but some think it's tough love.

Pretty sure in the long run he will be grateful to me.

** - white people hereafter forever defined in all my posts as those who do not self-identify as "aggrieved victims of society regardless of their actual skin tone."
Last edited by Simple Minded on Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:I am proud to receive this prestigious award and would like to thank my family and various deities.

is it authentic anodized aluminium ? ill be needing an accurate smelter valuation
It is really faux chrome plated plastic. but you can tell your homies it is platinum. they won't know the difference.

I donated the money I saved by not buying the more expense authentic anodized alumininum model to the SJW Relocation/Re-education/Sterilization Fund to Combat Global Climate Change (SJWRRSFCGCC).

did you also get the accompanying "Make California Grate Again" sombrero.... made out of mithril of course.... I assumed with your yuge brain, you would need an XXXL size....
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: I assumed with your yuge brain, you would need an XXXL size....
thats pretty hurtful, sayin i got a fat head.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote: I assumed with your yuge brain, you would need an XXXL size....
thats pretty hurtful, sayin i got a fat head.
But the XXXL hat, similar to wearing shoulder pads, makes your ass look a lot tighter...... ;)

Always strive to adopt the interpretation/rationalization/delusion that increases your self-esteem. It's the only practical way to be happy.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

lAL-6VG8OeE
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Post by Doc »

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

mn1fxChSbYk
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

http://www.france24.com/en/20180604-cal ... rampant-us
LOS ANGELES (AFP) -

A billboard on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood screams out a stark warning: "drug-resistant gonorrhea alert!"

The words are set against a black background and accompanied by a microscope shot of the gonococcus bacteria, which causes the illness now running rampant in California.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Goneococcus is a really good name for a microbe that makes your dick fall off.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

:)

If there was some kind of way to monetize that talent.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The unavoidable result of liberalism.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/S ... 56431.html
SF Mayor: 'There's More Feces ... Than I've Ever Seen'
Mayor London Breed discusses her plan to clean up San Francisco in her first one-on-one interview since taking office
The crowning achievement of liberalism.
San Francisco Mayor London Breed, in her first one-on-one interview since taking office, said homeless advocacy groups that receive funding from the city need to better educate the homeless to "clean up after themselves."

"I work hard to make sure your programs are funded for the purposes of trying to get these individuals help, and what I am asking you to do is work with your clients and ask them to at least have respect for the community — at least, clean up after themselves and show respect to one another and people in the neighborhood," Breed told the Investigative Unit, referencing her conversations with nonprofit groups aimed at serving the homeless.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. P,

I don't think you should poo-poo all that they have achieved in San Fran.

In osme parks I have been in they have receptacles for Puppy Pickup Bags so that responsible owners can clean up after their pets. Maybe inside the city limits they could have the same but labeled as People Pickup Bags. Maybe not the catchiest title, perhaps "Icare Bags."
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

You can call 'em Butt Nugget Bolos....... Drop a ripe one innit and tie it off and swing it around your head for maximum velocity and let fly. Sure to be a hit in your neighbourhood about a hundred feet from ground zero.....;)......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:You can call 'em Butt Nugget Bolos....... Drop a ripe one innit and tie it off and swing it around your head for maximum velocity and let fly. Sure to be a hit in your neighbourhood about a hundred feet from ground zero.....;)......
they would hafta be biodegradable bags, can't use plastic ya know.

Whoa, big market here for biodegradable syringes and needles too. Pretty sure the Asians make some real thin hollow noodles that might work.....

For the life of me, I can't understand why the San Fran hipsters are getting upset about public deification delicate dedicating delicatessen.......
(you know the word that means taking a dump, that the damn AI spelling bot here at OTNOT does not recognize, damn that Chinese software!).

What's the big deal?
A. it's natural!
B. it's organic!
C. It's biodegradable!
D. Dog's like to roll in it and flies like to eat it!
E. Native Americans and Africans pooped outside all the time cause they were better than us!
F. It's not white!
G. Nothing says I'm not wasting the precious water in CA, and I care more than you do, than pooping outside in a public place.

Hell, with the right PR campaign, poop on the public streets would become a eco-green status symbol and a tourist attraction. Restaurants could make little signs on toothpicks that they could stick in the poop pipes.

"Rich bastards in NYC poop in toilets and waste precious water. We don't!"

"100% organic, non-GMO, gluten free recycled lasagna from Vinnie's Italian Delicacies, 127 Overlook St."

The rich kids of green parents could earn carbon credits for picking up poop and taking it down to the bio-fuels recycling center. Rich people would be paying poor people to poop in their front yards to one up virtue signal their peers.
Typhoon

Re: Political Levitas

Post by Typhoon »

It's been decades since I've been to San Francisco,
but apparently having to navigate curbside croissants is becoming the norm.

Some clever lad has realized that there is a Made in Japan solution.
There is a way of getting very rich in San Fransisco for very little work. Sell Japanese geta.
Walk the streets of San Fransisco with the slackness that comes from being able to walk through piles with smiles.
For sh*tty days.
60962071_10214980623929088_6617635564717867008_n.jpg
60962071_10214980623929088_6617635564717867008_n.jpg (8.9 KiB) Viewed 589 times
For very sh*tty days.
60987456_10214980624209095_9214851491754409984_n.jpg
60987456_10214980624209095_9214851491754409984_n.jpg (20.82 KiB) Viewed 588 times
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NY Times | America’s Cities Are Unlivable. Blame Wealthy Liberals.
The demise of a California housing measure shows how progressives abandon progressive values in their own backyards.
I’m struck by an unsettling thought: What Republicans want to do with I.C.E. and border walls, wealthy progressive Democrats are doing with zoning and Nimbyism. Preserving “local character,” maintaining “local control,” keeping housing scarce and inaccessible — the goals of both sides are really the same: to keep people out.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

City J | California Unplugged
To prevent wildfires, the entire state’s power grid is subject to planned blackouts.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote:City J | California Unplugged
To prevent wildfires, the entire state’s power grid is subject to planned blackouts.
excellent article. good illustration of physics vs. politics. the dream vs reality.

one side always complains that the rules/life is unfair. the other side adjusts and adapts.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Hmmmmm......
Attachments
trumpwall.jpg
trumpwall.jpg (129.18 KiB) Viewed 537 times
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://conservativefighters.com/news/d ... ic-plague/
Dr. Drew: Los Angeles Faces Imminent Outbreak of Bubonic Plague

Dr. Drew Pinsky said Friday that Los Angeles faces an imminent outbreak of bubonic plague because of the growth of the homeless population and the failure of state and local authorities to deal with rodent problems.
Dr. Drew made his comments during a Periscope broadcast by Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams, who has become a popular political pundit with a daily live audience of thousands of people.

Dr. Drew told Adams that he had predicted the recent typhus outbreak in Los Angeles, which was carried by rats, transferred by fleas to pets, and from pets to humans.

Bubonic plague, Dr. Drew said, like typhus, is endemic to the region, and can spread to humans from rodents in a similar fashion.

Though commonly recognized as the medieval disease responsible for the Black Death in the fourteenth century, which killed one-third of the population of Europe, the last outbreak of bubonic plague in the U.S. was nearly a century ago, from 1924 to 1925 — also in Los Angeles. Only a “heroic effort” by doctors stopped it, Dr. Drew recalled, warning that conditions were perfect for another outbreak of the plague in the near future.

Los Angeles is one of the only cities in the country, Dr. Drew said, that has no rodent control plan. “And if you look at the pictures of Los Angeles, you will see that the homeless encampments are surrounded by dumps. People defecate there, they throw their trash there, and the rats just proliferate there.”

Moreover, he said, homeless people were defecating directly into city drains, which flowed to the Pacific Ocean. “We have the sewage of 60,000 people hitting the ocean every day,” he said.

Though there were adequate financial resources, Dr. Drew said, homelessness would not be solved by building more housing, because the fundamental problems were mental illness and drug addictions, which created an “attachment to this lifestyle” on the streets.

The city had been successful at absorbing hundreds of thousands of “undocumented immigrants,” Dr. Drew observed, which showed that the focus on housing was a “hoax.”

But changes in mental health policy — partly as a result of public reactions to films like One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, which was harshly critical of mental health institutions — had made it much more difficult to commit people to institutional care.

Dr. also said that prison reform initiatives, such as Proposition 47 of 2014– which reduced sentences, but without improvements to rehabilitation — had also played a role by letting more criminals out on the street, some of whom joined the homeless population.

And efforts at relocating the homeless — either to treatment or to prison — ran into lawsuits from the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), whom Dr. Drew described as “do-gooders” without any idea about how to solve the underlying problem.

“How many people must die before you change your philosophy?” Dr. Drew asked, rhetorically.

Some, Dr. Drew said, said that the situation in Los Angeles was approaching a national emergency that would require the intervention of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Red Cross, and the National Guard. He said that he himself had not reached that conclusion yet, but that he was “ready to pull that trigger if we start to see the diseases that I think we are going to.”

Recently, President Donald Trump threatened to intervene in California’s growing homelessness crisis, prompting L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti and Governor Gavin Newsom to push back — without offering any solutions.

“I have a government that is ignoring the basic needs of human civilization,” Dr. Drew said, exasperated.

A recent count of the homeless population revealed that it had risen 12% over the last year, to nearly 60,000 people. Mayor Eric Garcetti, who promised to end homelessness when he first ran for office in 2013, has failed to deal with the problem despite local tax hikes to provide additional revenues. He now faces a recall effort over his failure.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Simple Minded wrote:Hmmmmm......
aCbfMkh940Q
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

City J | Pushback
In some blue cities, a divide is opening between an activist political elite and liberal—but more pragmatic—voters.
The rift between progressive elites and the broader electorate might signal the beginning of a political realignment focused on quality-of-life issues. It’s not a traditional left–right division but more of a top–bottom cleavage, between an elite activist class and a popular majority with wide-ranging political views that has run out of patience with social-justice policymaking. Citizens in these left-leaning enclaves understand that homelessness deserves greater public attention, but they oppose decriminalization of public camping, open-air drug consumption, and low-level property crimes, which has led to a breakdown in public order. Whether they can build the political infrastructure to shape a new governing reality is the question.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Colonel Sun wrote:City J | Pushback
In some blue cities, a divide is opening between an activist political elite and liberal—but more pragmatic—voters.
The rift between progressive elites and the broader electorate might signal the beginning of a political realignment focused on quality-of-life issues. It’s not a traditional left–right division but more of a top–bottom cleavage, between an elite activist class and a popular majority with wide-ranging political views that has run out of patience with social-justice policymaking. Citizens in these left-leaning enclaves understand that homelessness deserves greater public attention, but they oppose decriminalization of public camping, open-air drug consumption, and low-level property crimes, which has led to a breakdown in public order. Whether they can build the political infrastructure to shape a new governing reality is the question.
Perhaps if the political elites didn't care more about the rats then the people... Nawh that is just too much to ask of them....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/california ... 1565216091
California Goes to the Rats
Sacramento’s solution to rodent-borne disease? Ban rodenticides.
By The Editorial Board
Aug. 7, 2019 6:14 pm ET
Rising homelessness in California has spurred a rodent boom and resurgence of medieval disease. So naturally Democrats in the state Legislature want to ban rat poison.

Earlier this year a rat infestation in downtown Los Angeles near a homeless encampment led to an outbreak of typhus. CatsUSA Pest Control, which was hired to investigate, warned that “poor sanitary conditions” including human waste and hypodermic needles created a “harborage for rodents.” In Los Angeles County cases of flea-borne typhus more than doubled since 2012, with 109 cases reported last year.

L.A. isn’t alone. There were so many rats scurrying around the California EPA office in Sacramento this summer that the agency had to close its outdoor playground to prevent children from getting sick. After California’s EPA applied rat poison, environmentalists howled that the pesticide could harm species that prey on rats.

Democrats in Sacramento are now moving legislation to ban “second-generation” rodenticides that are more potent than earlier poisons against which rats have developed immunity. “Predatory species, such as raptors, bobcats, and foxes, regularly consume rodents as part of their diet. Poisoned rodents also become more lethargic and exhibit abnormal behavior,” a bill analysis notes. But “data are less conclusive in pointing to [anticoagulant rodenticides] as the specific cause of death in necropsied animals.”

In other words, it’s not clear rodent poison is killing predator species. But it is clear that rodents carry diseases that are making Californians seriously ill.

The bill, sponsored by Santa Monica Assemblyman Richard Bloom, would exempt food factories, breweries and wineries from the ban. No doubt Napa Valley vintners and their customers will be grateful. While liberals say the solution is better sanitation, they also protest whenever government officials try to clean up homeless camps or propose building shelters in their neighborhoods.

Low-income folks who live near homeless populations as usual will suffer the greatest harm from the rat-poison ban. If only there were an antidote to California’s toxic progressive politics.