The U.K.

Endovelico

Re: Vidal Sassoon and the Portuguese Bad Hair Day.....

Post by Endovelico »

monster_gardener wrote:But on occasion, the Portuguese have been known to force people to change their religion ;) :twisted: *
It was first meant as a ruse to allow Jews to remain in Portugal - fooling the Spanish fundamentalists... - but it ended up as being a mechanism which led to the eventual transformation of Jews into Catholics. At first there was a social and political bias against the so-called "cristãos novos" (new Christians), but that was legally forbidden by the middle of the 18th century. As a result, most Portuguese people have now Jewish ancestors and any anti-Jewish feelings would be completely senseless. Present day Jews in Portugal are mostly from Jewish families which had fled to Morocco and Gibraltar, and were allowed to come back in the 19th century. I would expect that the small size of the Jewish community, their being mostly secular, as well as our non-discriminatory attitude towards them will lead to a gradual disappearance of Jews in Portugal. As far as I know services at the Lisbon synagogue are rare, due to the difficulty in gathering the minimum number of faithful. Most Portuguese people are not very much concerned with religion, so I would expect most religions to eventually become residual in Portugal.
Ibrahim

Re: The U.K.

Post by Ibrahim »

noddy wrote:
Ibrahim wrote: given a 50/50 choice between the two in this instance why would you side with the British?
im just kneejerking against the rampant blaming of anglos for all the problems in the world of certain posters - in both my private family and my public work im quite neatly split 50/50 between the asia pacific and the euro and tend not side with either if i can help it.

one thing i do know is that if people dont like the raw nasty capitalism approach of anglo businessmen its going to be hoot when they meet a chinese one.
I don't see a problem with saying that the Opium War has little or no influence on what happens today. One can take a dim view of it as a historical event but not thing that it justifies China does X today.

If you're looking for opportunities to cheer on the British in the mid to late 19th century there are relatively few opportunities. Maybe Lugard fighting slavers in central Africa?

Typhoon wrote:The only interesting bit is how some people obsess about the past.
I didn't bring it up, but if it does get brought up can we not try to get the history right?
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Ibrahim wrote:.

I don't see a problem with saying that the Opium War has little or no influence on what happens today.

In contrary

Brits still same mindset as when they were f*cking the Chinese

same mindset and tools

now is not China, but Syria

What the f*ck is British or French (or American) business the fight in Syria ? ? ?

Had Syria or Iran or Russia or China the right to mix in "North Ireland" struggle to get rid of British rule ? ?

Brits and French mixing in ME affairs, promoting the Wahhabi and Sallafi, their cronies, people that would not last a week if west washes hands off, to usurp Middle Eastern Oil, to protect European and western Oil companies (western tool of usurping the Oil) .. same mindset when they were f*cking the Chinese

And Turkey was fooled into all this

monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Nobody expects the Portuguese Inqusition........

Post by monster_gardener »

Endovelico wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:But on occasion, the Portuguese have been known to force people to change their religion ;) :twisted: *
It was first meant as a ruse to allow Jews to remain in Portugal - fooling the Spanish fundamentalists... - but it ended up as being a mechanism which led to the eventual transformation of Jews into Catholics. At first there was a social and political bias against the so-called "cristãos novos" (new Christians), but that was legally forbidden by the middle of the 18th century. As a result, most Portuguese people have now Jewish ancestors and any anti-Jewish feelings would be completely senseless. Present day Jews in Portugal are mostly from Jewish families which had fled to Morocco and Gibraltar, and were allowed to come back in the 19th century. I would expect that the small size of the Jewish community, their being mostly secular, as well as our non-discriminatory attitude towards them will lead to a gradual disappearance of Jews in Portugal. As far as I know services at the Lisbon synagogue are rare, due to the difficulty in gathering the minimum number of faithful. Most Portuguese people are not very much concerned with religion, so I would expect most religions to eventually become residual in Portugal.
Thank You VERY Much for your reply, Endo.
It was first meant as a ruse to allow Jews to remain in Portugal - fooling the Spanish fundamentalists...

- but it ended up as being a mechanism which led to the eventual transformation of Jews into Catholics.
Have not heard that explanation before....

but then perhaps the problem was "Nobody Expected the Portuguese Inquisition"

7WJXHY2OXGE
As far as I know services at the Lisbon synagogue are rare, due to the difficulty in gathering the minimum number of faithful. Most Portuguese people are not very much concerned with religion, so I would expect most religions to eventually become residual in Portugal.
May Portugal have even more success reducing the Malignant Malicious Muslim Meme to that state of near non-existence......... ;) :twisted:

Trouble is I have read that among the Euros, often the sons are more radical than the immigrant fathers........

Could be an English/French etc. thing........ ;)

Maybe the Portuguese are immune, though from the train station ;) oops I mean train of evidence, the Spanish are not........

But beware if clones of Ibrahim ever gain demographic dominance. IMHO they will have no compunction about voting in Sharia as in Turkey. Even if they claim to be liberal and progressive, they will want progressively ;) :twisted: more of their "holy" law and insist that all obey said law......
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Endovelico

Re: Nobody expects the Portuguese Inqusition........

Post by Endovelico »

monster_gardener wrote:(...) but then perhaps the problem was "Nobody Expected the Portuguese Inquisition".
According to the existing records, 1,817 people were executed by the Inquisition in Portugal, from 1536 to 1794, or an average of 7 executions per year. The great state of Texas alone has maintained a similar rhythm of executions (slightly over 6 per year) from 1819 to 2013. I'm not condoning the Inquisition, but we got definitely rid of it in 1820 and the great state of Texas (as well as many other US states) have kept it to the present...
monster_gardener

Should Texas Rangers Use the Socratic Method.......

Endovelico wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:(...) but then perhaps the problem was "Nobody Expected the Portuguese Inquisition".
According to the existing records, 1,817 people were executed by the Inquisition in Portugal, from 1536 to 1794, or an average of 7 executions per year. The great state of Texas alone has maintained a similar rhythm of executions (slightly over 6 per year) from 1819 to 2013. I'm not condoning the Inquisition, but we got definitely rid of it in 1820 and the great state of Texas (as well as many other US states) have kept it to the present...

AIUI the thing about the Inquisition was not so much the executions but the torture when you have real torturers who tie you to a real rack or who burn you like a steak ;) :twisted: oops I mean at the stake.

I am generally opposed to the death penalty* but as I know far as I know Texas does not use torture and uses lethal injection rather than barbecue** ;) :twisted:

*mostly except when dealing with terrorists or other criminals who take hostages or other criminals who break their buddies out of prison. This has happened with Muslim terrorists blackmailing craven Euroz including Germans ;) :twisted: and IIRC others....

**Not saying that it can't be improved......... Perhaps by going back to the Socratic Method ;) :twisted: :lol:
In ancient Greece, hemlock was used to poison condemned prisoners. The most famous victim of hemlock poisoning is the philosopher Socrates. After being condemned to death for impiety in 399 BC, Socrates was given a potent infusion of the hemlock plant. Plato described Socrates' death in the Phaedo:[15]

The man...laid his hands on him and after a while examined his feet and legs, then pinched his foot hard and asked if he felt it. He said "No"; then after that, his thighs; and passing upwards in this way he showed us that he was growing cold and rigid. And then again he touched him and said that when it reached his heart, he would be gone. The chill had now reached the region about the groin, and uncovering his face, which had been covered, he said – and these were his last words – "Crito, we owe a cock to Asclepius. Pay it and do not neglect it." "That," said Crito, "shall be done; but see if you have anything else to say." To this question he made no reply, but after a little while he moved; the attendant uncovered him; his eyes were fixed. And Crito when he saw it, closed his mouth and eyes.[16]

Although many have questioned whether this is a factual account, careful attention to Plato's words, modern and ancient medicine, and other ancient Greek sources point to the above account being consistent with Conium poisoning.[17]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conium_maculatum#Socrates
Endovelico

Re: Should Texas Rangers Use the Socratic Method.......

Post by Endovelico »

monster_gardener wrote:I am generally opposed to the death penalty* but as I know far as I know Texas does not use torture and uses lethal injection rather than barbecue** ;) :twisted:
I wonder whether the electric chair - the traditional Texan barbecue option - was any nicer than the old style burning at the stake...
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Endovelico wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:I am generally opposed to the death penalty* but as I know far as I know Texas does not use torture and uses lethal injection rather than barbecue** ;) :twisted:
I wonder whether the electric chair - the traditional Texan barbecue option - was any nicer than the old style burning at the stake...
Evidently, lethal injection is.
"Wow!" the inmate exclaimed in a loud voice. "That is great. That is awesome! Thank you, warden! Thank you (expletive) warden!"
His head fell back on the pillow, and his neck twisted at an odd angle, with his mouth and eyes open.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1328201

Personally, I do not believe capital punishment is ever justifiable.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
monster_gardener

Endovelico wrote:

Offhand I my guess would be yes on the basis of speed.

But really electrocution is a waste of energy ;) and may even contribute to global warming :shock: :twisted: ....

So some form of the Socratic Method ;) is IMVHO probably better.
Heracleum Persicum

" a nation of pimps, prostituting ourselves in return for a pat on the head "

Ms Daly, a TD for Dublin North, described President Obama as a "war criminal" and "hypocrite of the century" for preaching peace to Northern Irish teenagers while he increased US drone attacks by 200 per cent.

Continuing her astonishing attack, Ms Daly said there was speculation "whether (the Taoiseach) was going to deck the Cabinet out in leprechaun hats decorated with a bit of stars and stripes to really mark abject humiliation."

She also claimed Mr Kenny was "pimping" Ireland as a tax haven.

The TD said there had been "almost unprecedented slobbering" over the visit of US First Lady Michelle Obama and her daughters Malia and Sasha to the Republic while President Obama attended the G8 summit in Fermanagh.

Ms Daly also criticised U2 star Bono's tax arrangements, saying: "We’ve had separate and special news bulletins by the State broadcaster to tell us what Michelle Obama and her daughters had for lunch in Dublin but very little questioning of the fact that she was having lunch with Mr Tax Exile himself."

:lol:

monster_gardener

The Whores of the Irish Congress began with Banksters.......

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

" a nation of pimps, prostituting ourselves in return for a pat on the head "

Ms Daly, a TD for Dublin North, described President Obama as a "war criminal" and "hypocrite of the century" for preaching peace to Northern Irish teenagers while he increased US drone attacks by 200 per cent.

Continuing her astonishing attack, Ms Daly said there was speculation "whether (the Taoiseach) was going to deck the Cabinet out in leprechaun hats decorated with a bit of stars and stripes to really mark abject humiliation."

She also claimed Mr Kenny was "pimping" Ireland as a tax haven.

The TD said there had been "almost unprecedented slobbering" over the visit of US First Lady Michelle Obama and her daughters Malia and Sasha to the Republic while President Obama attended the G8 summit in Fermanagh.

Ms Daly also criticised U2 star Bono's tax arrangements, saying: "We’ve had separate and special news bulletins by the State broadcaster to tell us what Michelle Obama and her daughters had for lunch in Dublin but very little questioning of the fact that she was having lunch with Mr Tax Exile himself."

:lol:

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari,
a nation of pimps, prostituting ourselves in return for a pat on the head
Not going to disagree much except that the serious whoring happened years when the Irish TDs nationalized the debts of private banks against the will of the Irish people to please the Euroz ;) Bankers especially the Brits and the Germans unlike the Icelanders who told them to take a walk till their hats floated.... ;) :twisted:
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23064355#TWEET802545

US bloggers banned from entering UK
Two prominent US bloggers have been banned from entering the UK, the Home Office has said.

Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer co-founded anti-Muslim group Stop Islamization of America.

They were due to speak at an English Defence League march in Woolwich, where Drummer Lee Rigby was killed.

A government spokesman said individuals whose presence "is not conducive to the public good" could be excluded by the home secretary.

He added: "We condemn all those whose behaviours and views run counter to our shared values and will not stand for extremism in any form."
'Right decision'

Ms Geller, of the Atlas Shrugs blog, and Mr Spencer, of Jihad Watch, are also co-founders of the American Freedom Defense Initiative, best known for a pro-Israel "Defeat Jihad" poster campaign on the New York subway.

On both of their blogs the pair called their bans from entering the UK "a striking blow against freedom" and said the "the nation that gave the world the Magna Carta is dead".

Looks like the Home Office hasn't been reading Geller's blog or EDL leaflets. You aren't supposed to discriminate against people promoting racism, you're supposed to discriminate against "Pakis."
monster_gardener

Who is more likely to shoot or bomb Britain.........

Ibrahim wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23064355#TWEET802545

US bloggers banned from entering UK
Two prominent US bloggers have been banned from entering the UK, the Home Office has said.

Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer co-founded anti-Muslim group Stop Islamization of America.

They were due to speak at an English Defence League march in Woolwich, where Drummer Lee Rigby was killed.

A government spokesman said individuals whose presence "is not conducive to the public good" could be excluded by the home secretary.

He added: "We condemn all those whose behaviours and views run counter to our shared values and will not stand for extremism in any form."
'Right decision'

Ms Geller, of the Atlas Shrugs blog, and Mr Spencer, of Jihad Watch, are also co-founders of the American Freedom Defense Initiative, best known for a pro-Israel "Defeat Jihad" poster campaign on the New York subway.

On both of their blogs the pair called their bans from entering the UK "a striking blow against freedom" and said the "the nation that gave the world the Magna Carta is dead".

Looks like the Home Office hasn't been reading Geller's blog or EDL leaflets. You aren't supposed to discriminate against people promoting racism, you're supposed to discriminate against "Pakis."
Thanks for the post, iBS
You aren't supposed to discriminate against people promoting racism, you're supposed to discriminate against "Pakis."
Wonder who is more likely to shoot up or bomb something in Britain?

Pam Gellar or Robert Spencer? :roll:

Or maybe some "Paki" with a Malignant Malicious Maleficent Motivation :twisted:

As has happened in Uz...........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mir_Qazi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_shoot ... e_vendetta
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

FT | ‘Made in Britain’ tag no longer object of derision
From makers of prosthetic limbs in Hampshire to a Welsh semiconductor producer and an espresso machine factory in Birmingham, high-quality and high-tech niche manufacturers are at the forefront of efforts to boost UK exports.

Activity in manufacturing rose by the highest amount for two years in June, according to a poll of purchasing managers published last week. Order books are also strong.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
manolo

Post by manolo »

noddy wrote:http://btlondon2012.co.uk/pano.html

the largest photo ever taken - the entire of london from the BT tower using a highres camera with a long telephoto lens.

if printed out like a regular photo it would be nearly 100metres long and you can zoom into the windows and perve on anyone in the city over the days this was taken.

3 months of processing time to stitch the 10's of thousands of pics together.
Folks,

I've looked really hard but can't find an Arab anywhere. :(

Alex.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Keep looking.
cultivate a white rose
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

:shock: :|

http://townhall.com/news/us/2013/07/17/ ... ments=true

UK parliament queries British arms exports to Syria, Iran and others
Reuters News | Jul 17, 2013

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain has granted billions of pounds worth of military export licenses for countries such as Syria, Iran and Libya despite proclaiming deep concerns about their human rights records, the British parliament said on Wednesday.

In a critical report, parliament's Committees on Arms Export Controls said Britain had approved licenses for weapons exports to 27 countries worth 12.3 billion pounds ($18.6 billion) highlighting the "inherent conflict" between its arms exports policy and its human rights policy.

"The government should apply significantly more cautious judgments when considering arms export license applications for goods to authoritarian regimes 'in contravention of the government's stated policy'," said John Stanley, the chairman of the committees.

It was not clear whether goods had actually been shipped to the countries for which arms export licenses had been given.

Parts for bullet-proof vehicles and underwater listening devices were approved for export to Syria while Iran licenses covered civil aircraft and a range of military electronic equipment including 80 million pounds' worth of encryption devices and software.

Britain has long been at odds with Iran over its disputed nuclear program, and with Syria, where it supports opposition groups seeking to topple President Bashar al-Assad.

It says it observes United Nations and European Union trade sanctions on Iran, as well as EU measures against Syria that had included an arms embargo which lapsed in May, mainly because Britain and France wanted the option of arming Syrian rebels.

The high number and value of the arms export licenses, details of which were released for the first time, were surprising given that the government has flagged serious human rights abuses in some of the countries, the report said.

It said such exports might contravene the government's own policy not to supply goods to countries on its list of human rights concerns where any items exported "might be used to facilitate internal repression".

The report gave details of 3,074 licenses for the export of "strategic controlled goods", which can have dual military and civilian use. The products covered by the licenses ranged from communications equipment to body armor and sniper rifles.

It said it would scrutinize whether specific exports to countries such as China, Iran, Sri Lanka and Russia complied with the government's export rules.

Prime Minister David Cameron's official spokesman said the British government had one of the most rigorous arms export control regimes in the world.
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
manolo

Post by manolo »

Azrael wrote:Keep looking.
Az,

Bored now.

Alex.
monster_gardener

Arabs not always the problem...........

manolo wrote:
Az,

Bored now.

Alex.
Thank you very Much for your post, Alex Manolo.
Bored now.
WoW!

A Jihadi Jerk Jabbing with a drill! :twisted:

Where is the wound and how deep does it go? ;) :twisted:

Glad you weren't bored to death! ;)

The problem is traditional/Jihadi Islam which is a Malignant Malicious Meme package containing crystallized 7th Century Arab culture :twisted: and even worse Occasional :twisted: mutated memes which can infect and turn Depraved Sinful Egotistical Chaos Monkeys into even worse Jihadi Mobot Zombie Pirates :twisted: and Raiders Rather than modern Arabs themselves who can be Christians or other religion, even atheists.....

IIRC ;) there was a horrific case of this in England where a former Black Christian whose family is from Africa became infected with the Malignant Malicious Muslim Meme of Jihad becoming a Jihadi Mobot Zombie who took a Meat Cleaver to a Brit in Woolwich nearly cutting his head off.

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolwich_attack

Jihadi Mobot Zombies do NOT necessarily look like a stereotypical Arab though many do since Case Zero of the Malignant Malicious Muslim Meme Infection was Mohammed, a Perverse Pedophile Prophet Preoccupied with Power & Profit who happened to be an Arab. Whites, Blacks, Asians and other Depraved Sinful Egotistical Chaos Monkeys can be infected. Often the Meme compels them to take Arab sounding names and dress (especially true of infected females with infected males growing beards) but don't count on it. The Woolwich attacker Wore What appeared to be a Wool Balaclava and could have passed for a Ghetto Gansta..
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

manolo wrote:
Az,

Bored now.

Alex.
If you stare at it long enough, you'll see a three dimensional image. Of an Arab. :wink:
cultivate a white rose
Heracleum Persicum

I am a racist

Interesting

Question is, what is a RACIST ? ? ?

Does not wanting your daughter to marry a Chinese or Nigerian or Arab make you a racist

Does not wanting population of Vancouver exceeding being 40% Chinese make you a racist

Does thinking, Islam not a good religion and Christianity a better one, make you a racist

and many other nots

NO

if so, than what is a RACIST ? ? ?

RACIST is not, wanting to preserve your own, marry one of your owns, not wanting Vancouver/Canada become a Chinese city

Racist is when you don't want all the above because you "LOOK DOWN" to Arabs, Nigerian, Chinese, Muslims and and

In Middle East, different religions, ethnics, people, cultures have lived in harmony and peace for 1000s of years, lived APPART in their own community .. they respected each other, valued each other, they frequented each other, mingled .. they did not marry from each other but they rode the same bus and drank from the same fountain and and

RACISM is when you forbidden to drink from same fountain or drive on the same highway (Israeli only highway in Palestinians lands) :)

so ,

Is Mr. Paul Weston a RACIST ? ?

Though I do not know Paul, but, a safe bet he is a racist (he would be not a racist if his son in law would be a Nigerian or Pakistani)

Reason is, now, these days, 2B politically correct, one can not say Indians, Nigerians, Arabs, Islam SH*T .. can not .. so, things is said in code, "want to preserve my own"

Meaning of that code (want to preserve my own), Paul's mindset, is, "I don't mind to have a few of those in ZOO, but, please, not too many, for sure not one living next to me" :lol: .. tolerate but not accept (as equal)

in 1990's, in Vancouver, when there were around 30K Iranian immigrants (at the same time 1/3 of population was Chinese), a (British) Canadian journalist was waging all-out war against Iranian immigration to Vancouver, belittling, talking down the Iranians .. he lost in court and disappeared

monster_gardener

All Around the Arabian Golf Wild Weasel Persian Water Trap..

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

I am a racist

Interesting

Question is, what is a RACIST ? ? ?

Does not wanting your daughter to marry a Chinese or Nigerian or Arab make you a racist

Does not wanting population of Vancouver exceeding being 40% Chinese make you a racist

Does thinking, Islam not a good religion and Christianity a better one, make you a racist

and many other nots

NO

if so, than what is a RACIST ? ? ?

RACIST is not, wanting to preserve your own, marry one of your owns, not wanting Vancouver/Canada become a Chinese city

Racist is when you don't want all the above because you "LOOK DOWN" to Arabs, Nigerian, Chinese, Muslims and and

In Middle East, different religions, ethnics, people, cultures have lived in harmony and peace for 1000s of years, lived APPART in their own community .. they respected each other, valued each other, they frequented each other, mingled .. they did not marry from each other but they rode the same bus and drank from the same fountain and and

RACISM is when you forbidden to drink from same fountain or drive on the same highway (Israeli only highway in Palestinians lands) :)

so ,

Is Mr. Paul Weston a RACIST ? ?

Though I do not know Paul, but, a safe bet he is a racist (he would be not a racist if his son in law would be a Nigerian or Pakistani)

Reason is, now, these days, 2B politically correct, one can not say Indians, Nigerians, Arabs, Islam SH*T .. can not .. so, things is said in code, "want to preserve my own"

Meaning of that code (want to preserve my own), Paul's mindset, is, "I don't mind to have a few of those in ZOO, but, please, not too many, for sure not one living next to me" :lol: .. tolerate but not accept (as equal)

in 1990's, in Vancouver, when there were around 30K Iranian immigrants (at the same time 1/3 of population was Chinese), a (British) Canadian journalist was waging all-out war against Iranian immigration to Vancouver, belittling, talking down the Iranians .. he lost in court and disappeared

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.
In Middle East, different religions, ethnics, people, cultures have lived in harmony and peace for 1000s of years,
;) :lol:

IMVHO not so much.........

AISI Middle East is a place where Depraved Sinful Egotistical Chaos Monkey Killer Apes of various religious persuasions have historically tried to kill, subjugate and exploit each other while trying to balance out the profit from that against the pride of forcing a conversion.......

Sometimes the game is fast as in the Armenian Holocaust....... Sometimes the game is slow as with that Worse than the Mafia Protection Money Collection Scheme.....

RACISM is when you forbidden to drink from same fountain or drive on the same highway
In that case, "RACISM" is also being forbidden to be about outside when it rains or snow for fear that rain or snow will splash from an infidel to a Shiite ;) and contaminate ;) making him or her religiously impure.........

Or telling infidels that they could not ride horses... the Oatsmobiles ;) oops I mean cars of the day.....

Meaning of that code (want to preserve my own), Paul's mindset, is, "I don't mind to have a few of those in ZOO, but, please, not too many,
Sounds like Paul may be wise given Ibrahim's contention that a majority of those who vote can force unwanted religious education and other state sponsored religious meme garbage on those who don't want it........... Talk to Endo...... ;)

Best to not let in Depraved Sinful Egotistical Chaos Monkey Humans with a desire to do that...... Let them stay in their own hell holes ;) :twisted: oops I mean Middle Eastern Nation Paradises............

For example, I might be a bit concerned if fanatic Sunni Muslims gained control by either force or voting franchise of an area where I lived.......

Say didn't that happen to Persia a few ;) years ago.......... Some Killer Klown Bozo named Omar or Umar..........

And haven't I heard complaints about that situation in some state-lets around the Arabian Golf ;) Persian Water Trap ;) :lol: in more modern time with a Sunni Weasel ;) or is it an Ermine ;) or an Emir Domming ;) the Shiites ;) and treating them like dung ;) :twisted:

fv4kp4ZnSuE

If the Monkey had his buddies, Chu the Pig ;) or K ;) , the Snapping Turtle, with him, he might have had better luck catching the Weasel.........
Typhoon

"No Sex Please, We're British"

Post by Typhoon »

BBC | Online pornography to be blocked by default, PM announces
Most households in the UK will have pornography blocked by their internet provider unless they choose to receive it, David Cameron has announced.
Mr Cameron warned in a speech that access to online pornography was "corroding childhood".
Wot?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

no shortage of shameless ones in the uk - they will happily apply for the porn license and then sneakernet it to the rest.
ultracrepidarian
manolo

Post by manolo »

Torchwood wrote:
Endovelico wrote:I have just been a few days in London with my youngest daughter and what surprised me most was realizing that - as far as the service sector is concerned - people are there less efficient than in Portugal. Service in shops and restaurants is very inefficient, and I even had to put up with an airport identity control officer who would not keep his job very long if he was working in Portugal. And he was a Brit, not a Bengali... Which reinforced my feeling that what makes Portugal a less productive country than Britain - and probably most northern European countries - is not the human factor, but the lack of adequate investment. In the service sector, where the human factor is paramount, we immediately see that the competitiveness of northern Europe is less evident. The fact that the CEO of Lloyd's Bank is a Portuguese citizen seems to reinforce this idea.

As to Spengler, he is, obviously, a moron...
Personal service is the bugbear of living in the UK, and believe it or not, it used to be even worse. It is a residue of the class system: people feel that providing personal services is somehow feudal and demeaning. The ironic paradox is that the UK has still (despite the poor state of the banking sector) the highest level of exports of services in the world, and customers must get good service otherwise they would not buy. These however are at a higher level and employ middle class educated: consultancy, insurance, media, education etc, so it is a different rank for status and class.
Folks,

We have been blessed with good levels of immigration in recent years, and I can't fault my Romanian dentist, Turkish barber or Tunisian restaurateur. :)

Alex.