POTUS Obama | Pro and Con

POTUS obama is: from 1 (worst: Devilish) to 10 (best: Messiah)

1 Lying Demonic Monster/Community Organizer Lawyer for the Devil and out to destroy America as we know it.
43%
No votes
No votes
No votes
5 Maybe as good as President Millard Fillmore or James Buchanan....
29%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
10 Saint Barack Obama the Messiah. Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Giver of Free Health Care, G_d's Greatest Gift to the World.
29%

Total votes: 7

Mr. Perfect

Re: POTUS Obama | Pro and Con

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Buchanan had the chance to prevent (or greatly alter) the course of 1860 to 1865. He did nothing. Considering other Presidents before him were faced with threats of succession and all that inevitability, his inaction looks so much worse. As the executive of the time, who isn't writing legislation (like modern Presidents can all of a sudden) he had one job- to ideally keep the union together or make the separation a peaceful one. How does he escape the blame for the whole corporation turning into a pumpkin on his watch?
I'm not saying Buchanan was a great President, or that he did everything right, but to lay the Civil War entirely at his feet is sort of unfounded.
Elected by people who had the right to elect them and don't disappear because they make silly choices.
Correct. But simply electing someone does not make them "Presidential" is all we're saying. obama was one big @$$ mistake, america.
If some of us are rotten all of us are, "one nation, indivisible with liberty and justice for all" as the pledge goes.
Nope.
At this point in time, I'd like to be secure in the knowledge that if we act fast, my grandchildren could be in a more hopeful place than the world my grandparents left me.
No, that is what I was trying so hard to tell you guys but you wouldn't wake up. 2008 really sealed it but the point of no return was 2012. It was a hail mary, but we threw an interception unfortunately. A bunch of dumb@$$ Denethor/Atwater/Buchananites threw it to the other team. Our fate is sealed. I would be very surprised if you had grandchildren.
but if you wanna to get nuts, let's get nuts!

maybe it's time for a new constitutional convention. That isn't as crazy as it once sounded and the longer it is put off, the more painful the transition will become. The writing is on the wall that we have factions on both the American Left and Right who no longer have much use for the old constitution, both written and oral. And it's getting frustrating to see all this talk and no action.
That ship has sailed. A hunting guide in Oklahoma has nothing to do with a gay homeless man in San Francisco. The populace of East LA believe in Aztlan, not documents penned in Philadelphia.

We're in end times bro, if you want to know what to do about it I suggest getting into that bible. I eschewed end time thinking my whole life, until this last election and it was thrust in my face. It's all over, get your affairs in order.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Now you're jus' evading.
Well you started it.
MSM Comedy Central talking points? A list of all of the traits he's shown that would work against the assertion that he'd somehow be different? I do believe it is self-evident that without Obama, there wouldn't have been a Tea Party movement;
Maybe we shouldn't have had to need a TP movement.
that being said, who knows what happens after McCain signs the Pelosi-Reid Health Care Reform Act.
Never would have passed.
I don't think much changes, especially when a President McCain doubles down on how bipartsian he is in signing the legislation and how its fig leaf provisions give something nice and superficial to the Republicans.
Twilight Zone.
The argument of course, hurts the very real and effective Tea Party message that such major social regulations (Obamacare or Pelosi-Reid HC in this bizarro world) were passed without the participation of both parties. I could see it now, the media doubling down on President McCain soundbites about how wonderfully he and the Democrats worked to get it done for the "good of the people." Katie Couric would come on right after the clip, tears in her eyes, to reassure Americans that anyone against it was a fringe nut and the proof is in how magical the coming together of the McCain's "mainstream" coalition of Republicans and Democrats was. She follows this up with the human interest story how Arline Specter, from his hospital bed fighting brain cancer, managed to be the point man for McCain's comprehensive,bipartisan (can't forget how bipartisan it is) and bold new social legislation...
Twilight Zone sequel.
back in the real world, and recently mind you, is the real John McCain; making headlines for being himself

McCain Decries the GOP Civil War He Started

We need Biden's Help

Arizona GOP passes formal rebuke of John McCain

McCain bashes Cruz

We'll Pass Immigration Reform after GOP Primaries

All recent stories, from breitbart- a republican blog- showing exactly the type of man that would have been elected.
Noboyd said he was perfect, or even good. Just a hundred million times better than obama, the worst one ever.

You wouldn't know a Marxist if Karl's Kids moved next door. I know, I know- Comedy Central. I gotcha the first time. It doesn't even fit very well. Comedy Central loves John McCain. John Stewart uses him as the token Republican in his agitprop.
I can smell Marxism from half way around the world. It was what I was born to do. You could say genetically programmed. I give them nothing and take from them everything.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Mr. Perfect wrote: I'm not saying Buchanan was a great President, or that he did everything right, but to lay the Civil War entirely at his feet is sort of unfounded.

Not in the slightest- the man in the office assumes the responsibility, so gets to take all the credit or blame depending on the situation. The buck stops there.
Correct. But simply electing someone does not make them "Presidential" is all we're saying. obama was one big @$$ mistake, america.

I get what you are saying; but tell Enki his choice wasn't "Presidential." Wasn't that what they said of Reagan as well? An actor- not Presidential (and that was a Reagan who had the executive experience of running a union and was governor for two terms.) No one is "Presidential" nowadays.

What I do know is that we had some real loser choices in the last few cycles: Al Gore, John Kerry and Sen.McCain were all known quantities, all losers, and we were better off not even trying to make that into Presidential material.
At this point in time, I'd like to be secure in the knowledge that if we act fast, my grandchildren could be in a more hopeful place than the world my grandparents left me.
No, that is what I was trying so hard to tell you guys but you wouldn't wake up. 2008 really sealed it but the point of no return was 2012. It was a hail mary, but we threw an interception unfortunately. A bunch of dumb@$$ Denethor/Atwater/Buchananites threw it to the other team. Our fate is sealed. I would be very surprised if you had grandchildren.

We're in end times bro, if you want to know what to do about it I suggest getting into that bible. I eschewed end time thinking my whole life, until this last election and it was thrust in my face. It's all over, get your affairs in order.[/quote]

Your "we're all doomed 'cause it is the end" is an awfully lousy way to go out if it's indeed the time. God will take care of the end times, we should figure out what to do with a homeless San Franciscan, a Sooner hunter and the Aztlan.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Not in the slightest- the man in the office assumes the responsibility, so gets to take all the credit or blame depending on the situation. The buck stops there.
He gets all the blame for slavery. Shirley you must be joking.
I get what you are saying; but tell Enki his choice wasn't "Presidential."
I have. So many times.
Wasn't that what they said of Reagan as well?
Not anymore.
An actor- not Presidential (and that was a Reagan who had the executive experience of running a union and was governor for two terms.) No one is "Presidential" nowadays.
Not the one now, for sure. Reagan's mythos grows with each passing day.
What I do know is that we had some real loser choices in the last few cycles: Al Gore, John Kerry and Sen.McCain were all known quantities, all losers, and we were better off not even trying to make that into Presidential material.
If only we could add obama to that list. If only.
Your "we're all doomed 'cause it is the end" is an awfully lousy way to go out if it's indeed the time. God will take care of the end times, we should figure out what to do with a homeless San Franciscan, a Sooner hunter and the Aztlan.
That's your Marxist inclination. The Champion of Liberty respects freemen enough to let them manage their own affairs.

But the point you are missing, and I learned the hard way, is you have no control over the end times. It's on his timetable. We have nothing to do with it. It is inevitable. All you can do is prepare yourself.

There is no point in redrafting a document nobody will follow anyway.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:Maybe we shouldn't have had to need a TP movement.
yeah, because guys like Senator McCain don't have to face any consequences when he calls TP supporters "whacko birds."
that being said, who knows what happens after McCain signs the Pelosi-Reid Health Care Reform Act.
Never would have passed.
Twilight Zone.
Rod Sterling really knew how to tap into the truths hidden in the psyche of the American public with his fantastic stories. It's not the worst comparison.
Noboyd said he was perfect, or even good. Just a hundred million times better than obama, the worst one ever.

And where's back to 1856
I can smell Marxism from half way around the world. It was what I was born to do. You could say genetically programmed. I give them nothing and take from them everything.
Sounds like you're on the dole. You start saying stuff like this and I could swear I'm speaking with Mr. Delano-Perfect.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: yeah, because guys like Senator McCain don't have to face any consequences when he calls TP supporters "whacko birds."
Sometimes they are whacko birds. Of course that is not limited to the TP, many people can be whacko birds. Say obama for instance.

You're trying to get to me to say I like McCain. I never have. It's just obvious that he would have been 100 times better than bho.
Rod Sterling really knew how to tap into the truths hidden in the psyche of the American public with his fantastic stories. It's not the worst comparison.
[
Twilight Zone was fiction.
And where's back to 1856
Didn't get this one.
Sounds like you're on the dole. You start saying stuff like this and I could swear I'm speaking with Mr. Delano-Perfect.
Well internment camps for leftists has crossed my mind a time or two. :)
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Our fate is sealed. I would be very surprised if you had grandchildren. [...] It's all over, get your affairs in order.
Denethor

vs.
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Your "we're all doomed 'cause it is the end" is an awfully lousy way to go out if it's indeed the time. God will take care of the end times, we should figure out what to do with a homeless San Franciscan, a Sooner hunter and the Aztlan.
Gandalf

Both epic and ironic.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Didn't get this one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... tion,_1856
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
Denethor

vs.
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Your "we're all doomed 'cause it is the end" is an awfully lousy way to go out if it's indeed the time. God will take care of the end times, we should figure out what to do with a homeless San Franciscan, a Sooner hunter and the Aztlan.
Gandalf

Both epic and ironic.
And cartoonish.

The end times is a biblical thing, not a Tolkien publication.

To be accurate, a Jesus thing, if you need quotes.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Didn't get this one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... tion,_1856
I think the issue is with his particular wording, not what happened in 1856. Thanks for following along so closely though.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Not in the slightest- the man in the office assumes the responsibility, so gets to take all the credit or blame depending on the situation. The buck stops there.
He gets all the blame for slavery. Shirley you must be joking.

You are the one focusing on slavery. You got slavery on the brain- though he can get all sorts of blame for that too. All Presidents who resides in office in antebellum America get plenty of blame, sure...

my point is that he was handed the union, one compromised by two general cultures that begrudgingly got along/chaffed each other on the best of days. he had one job- take care of the union. prevent fighting among its members. He failed- it's pretty obvious on how much he failed on that account. The slavery, other moral matters, economic matters, social matters...the details- there are a million people responsible for the details. The big picture was he was the executive handed the company and he couldn't keep it from going to pieces, and he didn't even do a sell-off/deal when the pieces started coming apart.
Not the one now, for sure. Reagan's mythos grows with each passing day.

yes, which is rather sad.
If only we could add obama to that list. If only.

You can certainly add him all you like. Bush 43 gets added all the time. Both were more vague characters when they initially ran, both were gambles that a whole lotta people look back on as rolling snake eyes. In those first elections, both were more preferable than the known losers, and that first Bush election was uncomfortably close- they should've used Kennedy's people.
But the point you are missing, and I learned the hard way, is you have no control over the end times. It's on his timetable. We have nothing to do with it. It is inevitable. All you can do is prepare yourself.

There is no point in redrafting a document nobody will follow anyway.
The point wouldn't be the redrafting. Jefferson, Madison [and indirectly Burke] had the whole conversation about how silly a written constitution is. Get the cards on the table, then you know who you're playing with. It's awfully easy for certain groups to play as if they are holding a full house when they are really holding a pair of twos. It's time to call the bluff. Let's make it known you answers to whom and who gets to be more equal than who. Having the oral order in plain sight would give us a much more preferable and orderly society.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:And cartoonish.

The end times is a biblical thing, not a Tolkien publication.

To be accurate, a Jesus thing, if you need quotes.
It's not about the parousia, but about your positions and how they match with Tolkien's characters. Uncanny!
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Didn't get this one.
I was trying to capture the Gollum speech pattern with all this LotR chatter.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:You're trying to get to me to say I like McCain. I never have. It's just obvious that he would have been 100 times better than bho.

Naw, that isn't the intent. I don't care if you like any of'em. My point is that the writing is on the wall that McCain and Obama are a lot closer politically than you are to McCain. As it is, a McCain Presidency would've played out a lot like Obama's has so far.
[
Twilight Zone was fiction.[/quote]

which doesn't effect how truthful the portrayal of the American psyche was, much like my bizarro President McCain reality. ;)
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:You're trying to get to me to say I like McCain. I never have. It's just obvious that he would have been 100 times better than bho.

Naw, that isn't the intent. I don't care if you like any of'em. My point is that the writing is on the wall that McCain and Obama are a lot closer politically than you are to McCain. As it is, a McCain Presidency would've played out a lot like Obama's has so far.
Not that McCain is that great but not even close. There would not have been McCaincare And that is one huge difference
[
Twilight Zone was fiction.
which doesn't effect how truthful the portrayal of the American psyche was, much like my bizarro President McCain reality. ;)[/quote]
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama said he doesn’t think marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol, “in terms of its impact on the individual consumer.”

“As has been well documented, I smoked pot as a kid, and I view it as a bad habit and a vice, not very different from the cigarettes that I smoked as a young person up through a big chunk of my adult life. I don’t think it is more dangerous than alcohol,” the president said an interview with “The New Yorker” magazine.

Smoking marijuana is “not something I encourage, and I’ve told my daughters I think it’s a bad idea, a waste of time, not very healthy,” Obama said.

. . “Middle-class kids don’t get locked up for smoking pot, and poor kids do,” he said. “And African-American kids and Latino kids are more likely to be poor and less likely to have the resources and the support to avoid unduly harsh penalties.”

homo marriage, poligamy excused as "cohabitant", and now this :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

:lol:

Thumbs up for CD
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

The Clinton delusion

1. There is no interest and never has been in investigating how she missed the infiltration of jihadis into Benghazi, Libya. No curiosity simmers about how she could have been unaware of the dire security situation that her ambassador faced. Accountability? Confession? No two-hour bearing-of-the-soul press conferences are needed. Benghazi was not at her level. No responsibility, no culture of cover-up. None.

2. The unseemly stew of gargantuan wealth, foreign money, industry titans and access doesn’t seem to interest the mainstream media. Former Virginia governor Bob McDonnell (R) was indicted for arranging access for his patron, so why have the Clintons — in the White House and not — suffered no similar scrutiny? The Clinton Foundation resembles more a slush fund for the care and feeding of the Clintons than a buttoned-up foundation whose largess goes to the poor. Hillary Clinton’s speeches bring in the cash, but don’t they also imply favors are to be returned?

3. Critics complain that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is all about me-me-me (as if all pols aren’t). They want profuse apologies for the bridge episode but no “I.” (We are sorry?) From Whitewater to Bill’s escapades to Hillary’s self-regard as feminist icon to “Hillaryworld” (which ensures the Queen Bee remains the only one who matters in the Democratic hive), Hillary Clinton has always been about Hillary and Bill’s survival. They are Tom and Daisy Buchanan, liberal columnists used to remind us, careless with others’ lives. That is fine, as long as the same pass is extended to others who turn politics into self-aggrandizement.

4. Judgment in friends and allies? Umm, the string of convicted donors, the document-pilfering Sandy Berger, and the crew of incompetents (in Hillary’s telling) that couldn’t be bothered with pleas for help from Benghazi don’t exactly speak well of the Clintons’ personnel choices.

5. Bullies? Anyone familiar with the smears of Bill Clinton’s accusers and the wrath of Hillary Clinton ally and attack dog Sidney Blumenthal must regard Christie as a puppy dog. Her campaign against Barack Obama, including racial innuendos from her husband, was nothing if not vicious.

The mainstream media, especially those pundits reverentially following Hillary Clinton for more than 20 years, have created an icon who bears no resemblance to the reality. The aura of competence is thin; the claim to the moral high ground is ridiculous. Yet they and the rest of the Democrats have apparently locked themselves into Hillary Clinton as the Democrats’ 2016 standard bearer. Republicans, on the other hand, have the benefit of actual vetting in advance of 2016. No inevitable candidate means an opportunity to pick the best of the lot (or, in fairness, to pick a lousy one). Republicans can at least be honest about their candidates’ foibles.

Democrats’ self-delusion about Hillary Clinton does neither the party nor her any favors. The party cynically is banking that the old baggage won’t weigh her down, and she’s expecting a free ride to the White House. In the face of a minimally competent GOP opponent, neither expectation is likely to pan out.

have to admit, quite acurate observation

Doc

Obama starts taking political prisoners (For real)

Post by Doc »

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/r ... html?hp=l3
Right wing: Dinesh D’Souza charges red flag

The U.S. Attorney’s Office said the indictment came out of a 'routine review' by the FBI. | AP Photo
By TAL KOPAN | 1/24/14 12:33 PM EST

In the wake of the indictment of conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza for alleged fraud, conservatives are crying foul that it is evidence of the Obama administration punishing its critics.

Ranging from questions about selective enforcement of laws to outright accusations of manipulation, many bloggers, writers and pundits on the right raised flags about the arrest of the prominent critic of President Barack Obama and creator of the controversial film “2016: Obama’s America,” released in 2012.

D’Souza’s co-producer on “2016” called the arrest politically motivated in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter.

“In America, we have a long tradition of not doing what is commonly done in too many other countries — criminalizing dissent through the selective enforcement of the law,” Greg Molen said. “In light of the recent events and the way the IRS has been used to stifle dissent, this arrest should send shivers down the spines of all freedom-loving Americans.”

His thoughts were echoed by prominent conservatives, including influential Drudge Report founder Matt Drudge, who sent out a conspiracy-stoking tweet.

D’Souza has been accused of making straw donations to the campaign of the opponent of Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) in the 2012 election, and in a press release, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said the indictment came out of a “routine review” by the FBI, which was seized upon by the blogosphere.

“A routine review, eh? At the very least, the report raises a few questions,” Ed Morrissey wrote on HotAir. “The race, although not specified, appears to be the Senate election between Kirsten Gillibrand and Wendy Long in New York, in which Long lost to Gillibrand by forty-five points (72% to 27%). Why would D’Souza try to push illegal contributions in the low five figures and risk criminal prosecution in a race where tens of millions of dollars were spent, and where the challenger was utterly doomed? For that matter, why use straw men when D’Souza could have just bundled for Long instead, or set up a PAC?”

Morrissey critiqued campaign contribution laws as inherently flawed and acknowledged D’Souza could have broken the law, but he said that doesn’t lower the red flags.

“How many of these cases involve Obama boosters rather than critics? How did prosecutors decide to look into D’Souza’s activities in the first place?” Morrissey wrote.

Conservative website The Daily Caller published a story with the headline, “Obama administration indicts conservative filmmaker critical of Obama,” which cited Molen’s comments to THR and implied there could be motives behind the indictment.

“‘2016: Obama’s America’ was a surprise box-office smash, raking in $33 million in revenue. The documentary is currently the second-most-popular political documentary in American history behind ‘Farenheit 9/11,’ a 2004 movie by leftist documentarian Michael Moore which thrashes the foreign policy of Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush. Bush administration officials never indicted Moore,” the article read.

Writing on Reason.com, senior editor Brian Doherty also used the indictment to criticize campaign finance laws, wielding sarcasm to question any possible motives in D’Souza’s arrest.

“Is it a good thing that someone should face fines and/or jail time for deciding to express his support of a political candidate by reimbursing people he knows for the amounts of money they donated to that candidate? The correct answer is no,” he wrote. “Yet, in this land of free speech and democracy, where political expression is highly valued, you can and indeed do face criminal charges for such actions. See the fate today of conservative politico and writer (and anti-Obama filmmaker, but we can be sure that had nothing to do with this) Dinesh D’Souza.”

He continued: “Expressing your support for a candidate above an arbitrary legislative limit—or, even, giving some cash to friends of yours for whatever reason you want, money is fungible—is corruption of the electoral process. That laws like this exist to slam enemies of the regime when such laws might be needed, well, that’s just politics.”

Some bloggers took their criticism farther, with Pamela Gellar of Atlas Shrugged comparing the Obama administration to fascists in the pre-World War II era.

“The ongoing persecution of Republicans and conservatives mirrors the attacks by the fascists of Europe on their opponents in the 1930s. Punishing Obama’s political adversaries claims another victim,” Gellar wrote in a post. “The latest attacks are against conservative authors and/or groups that share a philosophy based on individual rights. Dinesh D’Souza is the latest target.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/r ... 02568.html
YMix

Re: Obama starts taking political prisoners ( For real)

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:“In America, we have a long tradition of not doing what is commonly done in too many other countries — criminalizing dissent through the selective enforcement of the law,” Greg Molen said.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Doc

Re: Obama starts taking political prisoners ( For real)

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:“In America, we have a long tradition of not doing what is commonly done in too many other countries — criminalizing dissent through the selective enforcement of the law,” Greg Molen said.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Laugh all you want Ymix but this is about as serious as it gets in the US. As you will recall Nixon resigned over something far less serious.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Super Bowl vs. Benghazi......

Post by monster_gardener »

Thank You Very Much for Maintaining the Forum, Admins Typhoon & YMix.

Mark Levin's commenting on obama, the Lying Son of a Bitch Eating Creature from the Chicago Lagoon, saying: ""I would not let my son play pro football,":

Remembering Benghazi where Ambassador Stevens was killed, Levin says "I wouldn’t let my son be an ambassador under you. I’d much rather that he played football." ;) :twisted: :lol: :roll:

http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/2014/01/ ... der-obama/

http://therightscoop.com/boom-mark-levi ... -football/

Chelsea Clinton might want to take note in case she or her husband gets a diplomatic post if Billary gets another term...

Be sure to remind Mommy not to ignore the requests for more security because might really make a difference... :twisted:

Lest anyone say it can't happen......... ;)

His brother & Attorney General........

For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Super Bowl vs. Benghazi......

monster_gardener wrote:Thank You Very Much for Maintaining the Forum, Admins Typhoon & YMix.

Mark Levin's commenting on obama, the Lying Son of a Bitch Eating Creature from the Chicago Lagoon, saying: ""I would not let my son play pro football,":

Remembering Benghazi where Ambassador Stevens was killed, Levin says "I wouldn’t let my son be an ambassador under you. I’d much rather that he played football." ;) :twisted: :lol: :roll:

http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/2014/01/ ... der-obama/

http://therightscoop.com/boom-mark-levi ... -football/

Chelsea Clinton might want to take note in case she or her husband gets a diplomatic post if Billary gets another term...

Be sure to remind Mommy not to ignore the requests for more security because might really make a difference... :twisted:

Lest anyone say it can't happen......... ;)

His brother & Attorney General........

Monster, seems you no fan of Hussein Barack

well, curiose to see how you would feel under President Hillary

you will be missin Obama

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Benghazi was never a bona fide embassy. If the Marines had been in full command there would not have been a problem.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nastarana

Post by Nastarana »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

The Clinton delusion

1. There is no interest and never has been in investigating how she missed the infiltration of jihadis into Benghazi, Libya. No curiosity simmers about how she could have been unaware of the dire security situation that her ambassador faced. Accountability? Confession? No two-hour bearing-of-the-soul press conferences are needed. Benghazi was not at her level. No responsibility, no culture of cover-up. None.

2. The unseemly stew of gargantuan wealth, foreign money, industry titans and access doesn’t seem to interest the mainstream media. Former Virginia governor Bob McDonnell (R) was indicted for arranging access for his patron, so why have the Clintons — in the White House and not — suffered no similar scrutiny? The Clinton Foundation resembles more a slush fund for the care and feeding of the Clintons than a buttoned-up foundation whose largess goes to the poor. Hillary Clinton’s speeches bring in the cash, but don’t they also imply favors are to be returned?

3. Critics complain that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is all about me-me-me (as if all pols aren’t). They want profuse apologies for the bridge episode but no “I.” (We are sorry?) From Whitewater to Bill’s escapades to Hillary’s self-regard as feminist icon to “Hillaryworld” (which ensures the Queen Bee remains the only one who matters in the Democratic hive), Hillary Clinton has always been about Hillary and Bill’s survival. They are Tom and Daisy Buchanan, liberal columnists used to remind us, careless with others’ lives. That is fine, as long as the same pass is extended to others who turn politics into self-aggrandizement.

4. Judgment in friends and allies? Umm, the string of convicted donors, the document-pilfering Sandy Berger, and the crew of incompetents (in Hillary’s telling) that couldn’t be bothered with pleas for help from Benghazi don’t exactly speak well of the Clintons’ personnel choices.

5. Bullies? Anyone familiar with the smears of Bill Clinton’s accusers and the wrath of Hillary Clinton ally and attack dog Sidney Blumenthal must regard Christie as a puppy dog. Her campaign against Barack Obama, including racial innuendos from her husband, was nothing if not vicious.

The mainstream media, especially those pundits reverentially following Hillary Clinton for more than 20 years, have created an icon who bears no resemblance to the reality. The aura of competence is thin; the claim to the moral high ground is ridiculous. Yet they and the rest of the Democrats have apparently locked themselves into Hillary Clinton as the Democrats’ 2016 standard bearer. Republicans, on the other hand, have the benefit of actual vetting in advance of 2016. No inevitable candidate means an opportunity to pick the best of the lot (or, in fairness, to pick a lousy one). Republicans can at least be honest about their candidates’ foibles.

Democrats’ self-delusion about Hillary Clinton does neither the party nor her any favors. The party cynically is banking that the old baggage won’t weigh her down, and she’s expecting a free ride to the White House. In the face of a minimally competent GOP opponent, neither expectation is likely to pan out.

have to admit, quite acurate observation

Reasons 1-5 all explain why Democratic voters, which I was still a Democrat back then, turned against Mme. Clinton. Don't forget the so-called superdelegates, members of Congress who had personal knowledge of both BO and HC, withheld their endorsements until June in case BO needed a push over the top at the last minute. That fact should tell you something about how Mme C. is regarded by those who have worked with her.

Rating the Obama presidency, thus far:

Head of State and ceremonial duties: A+ This is the first president since at least Carter who has not been a public embarrassment to his fellow Americans. He has adroitly maneuvered around such pitfalls as stumbling when exiting AF 1, vomiting at state dinners, forgetting the names of foreign countries, and inappropriate touching of other heads of state. Whatever the vagaries of his private life, he seems, so far, to have enough self discipline to not indulge while in office. (I always liked the gay sex in a taxicab story, but Republicans couldn't publicise that one, because Barney Frank was prepared to out GOPers who were also enjoying amorous taxi encounters).

Domestic policy: C Not good, not as bad as it might have been. He at least knows how to manage a hurricane, although the BP tragedy went on far longer than it should have. OTOH, fracking is an ecological disaster which ruins drinking water and good farmland for no long term benefit, and the pipeline from Alberta is a. not necessary, and b. won't pay for itself.

Foreign policy: B- Against the opening to Iran and the general soothing of foreign nations and leaders insulted by Baby Bush, we must set the (clandestine) involvement in Libya, the flat inability to engage in any kind of meaningful negotiations with China, and does he even know where South America is?

Defense policy: B+ Much better than I expected. We are out of Iraq, or nearly so, and on our way out of Afghanistan. There have been no more military interventions overseas, he gets some credit for avoiding war in Syria and for participating in the Geneva conference which has just convened. OTOH, he seems to be altogether unable to control the CIA, NSA, and other clandestine organizations.

Trade policy: F :| TPP must not be allowed to pass. Never mind the details, the mere fact that it was negotiated in secret is reason enough.

Appointments: C+ A mixed bag here. He infuriated his Hispanic supporters by not giving State to Bill Richardson, a seasoned negotiator and a man who knows how to behave in public. Whatever one might think of BR, he could have hardly been worse than the Mme. Hill show. Then there were his treasury and economic advisor appts., foxes guarding the henhouse. OTOH, in my opinion, and I know no one here will agree, Eric Holder is the best Atty. Gen. we have had in decades. Just what kind of settlement do you think Ms. Reno might have gotten from BP?

Farm policy: F- USDA remains a wholely owned subsidiary of Monsatan Corp.; this admin has presided over swat team raids on peaceful Amish farmers; the so-called food safety bill is a direct assault on local, small and medium scale farmers and food producers; and this admin is content to let agribiz and Wall Street write the farm bill.

About the 2012 election: Obama was vulnerable and the Republicans blew it. All by themselves. The coup de grace was the "legitimate rape" theme, and Obama badly mishandled that one. He might have got in front of that theme, given a speech, man to men, on the theme of hey guys, you want the benefits of family life, "having sex", however defined, is not the ticket. Get off your butts and work, fellas. No jobs, work from home. Take care of yards WITHOUT stealing the fruit off the trees or killing rare plants, fix peoples equipment, sharpen garden tools and kitchen knives, repair furniture. All those being things for which I, and I think others, would be glad to pay generously to a craftsman who would not insult us and not steal from us.

On the whole, I think BO is not venal or incompetent and would like to do the right thing, but he lacks vision. He seems to me to be working earnestly to solve yesterday's problems.