POTUS Obama | Pro and Con

POTUS obama is: from 1 (worst: Devilish) to 10 (best: Messiah)

1 Lying Demonic Monster/Community Organizer Lawyer for the Devil and out to destroy America as we know it.
43%
No votes
No votes
No votes
5 Maybe as good as President Millard Fillmore or James Buchanan....
29%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
10 Saint Barack Obama the Messiah. Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Giver of Free Health Care, G_d's Greatest Gift to the World.
29%

Total votes: 7

Doc

Why are America's youth "racist" against Obama?

Post by Doc »

Because after thinking Obama could do no wrong when they overwhelmingly voted for him are waking up to the fact that Obama doesn't like them very much.

Why Youth Is Revolting Against Obama (Hint: It’s Not Just Obamacare)
Nick Gillespie
By Nick Gillespie
November 20th 20135:45 am

In 2008, he seemed like the coolest cat to hit the national scene in a long time, almost scientifically engineered to appeal to idealistic young Americans. How times have changed.

It’s like totally official, now, bro: Even the young Americans who were central to Barack Obama’s election in 2008 and 2012 are sick of the president, with a large and growing majority disapproving of the job he’s doing. In this, they’re just like their elders.

A new Quinnipiac Poll finds that only 36 percent of voters between the ages of 18 and 29 approve of the job the president is doing while fully 54 percent of the kids give him the thumbs down (10 percent didn’t know or care enough to respond to the topic). Back in March 2009, 62 percent of 18 to 29 years approved, compared to just 20 percent disapproving.

Millennials may be young, but they’re not stupid. As bad as Obama’s time in office has been for older Americans, nobody has taken it on the chin quite as bad as kids under 30, who are more likely to be unemployed, broke, and facing decades of sub-par wages if and when they do finally get a job.

Observers sympathetic to the president and a progressive Democratic agenda chalk the sharp decline up to the clusterfucked rollout of Obamacare. “Because they came of age watching a Republican president fail massively in Iraq, Hurricane Katrina, and the financial crisis, Millennials are predisposed to favor Democrats,” writes Peter Beinart, coming up with arguably the most inventive new variation on the old “blame Bush” meme. Beinart notes that even as Millennials are less trusting of government than Gen Xers and baby boomers had been in their 20s, they were more likely to support both Obama and his health care reform plan. “If Obamacare never gets fixed,” frets Beinart, “it might just sour the single best relationship the Democratic Party has: its love affair with the young.”

Well, then, the Dems are officially on the market for a new love connection. While there’s no question that the launch of Obamacare has been a major disaster, the fact is that the youth revolt against Obama started almost immediately after he moved into the White House. In 2008, Obama won 66 percent of votes cast by 18-29 year olds. In 2012, he racked up just 60 percent. More tellingly, the participation rate among younger voters dropped precipitously between those elections, with Obama pulling 2.4 million fewer votes from 18-29 year olds in 2012. The second time around, he just wasn’t putting young asses in the voting booth anymore.

Who can blame them for not showing up? The abysmal and pathetic launch of healthcare.gov is simply the cherry on top of a lavender sundae Obama’s been whipping up for the kids. You can protest that the stimulus should have been bigger, but when you judge its success against what the Obama administration claimed it would do, it was an epic fail. While masquerading as the peace and freedom candidate – easy to do against such hawkish characters as Hillary Clinton in the primaries and John McCain in the general election – Obama prided himself on tripling troop strength in Afghanistan and tried to extend our stays there and in Iraq. But for the vocal pushback from Rand Paul, Justin Amash, and a bunch of younger, non-interventionist Republicans, there’s every reason that the U.S. would have started an unsanctioned war in Syria, just as it did in Libya (where things are working out...how, again?).

“Obama was the perfect combination of a dream dad and an older brother who could run you ragged up and down the basketball court, wink and nod about smoking dope, and hip you to some older but still cool music, you know?”

The president has been genuinely awful on pot legalization and dragged his feet on gay marriage – issues on which younger voters are in front of the general population – and he spent his first term deporting more immigrants than George W. Bush managed to in eight years (despite minor reprieves announced in time for the 2012 elections, the deportations keep on happening). The revelations of widespread, Obama-approved drone strikes, the compilation of a presidential kill list, and the data collection of phone logs and internet traffic don’t exactly inspire warm and fuzzy feelings from a generation that lives online. His response to the Gulf oil spill was dithering to non-existent and his alt-energy plans have come to naught even as fracking has put the country on a path to something like energy independence. And clandestine attempts to expand onerous copyright laws and outlaw cellphone unlocking via the Trans-Pacific Partnership Treaty aren’t helping either.

Back in 2008, Barack Obama seemed like the coolest cat to hit the national scene in a long time, almost scientifically engineered to appeal to idealistic young Americans. He was the perfect combination of a dream dad and an older brother who could run you ragged up and down the basketball court, wink and nod about smoking dope, and hip you to some older but still cool music, you know? In 2008, the Pravda of youth culture, Rolling Stone, slathered the future president with praise for being so with it that he even knew how to use...an iPod. We were all pretty sure that his eventual Republican challenger, John McCain, had stopped listening to music when Rudy Vallee went electric or Stephen Foster released his Chris Gaines record or something, but there Obama was, listening to Bob Dylan, Yo-Yo Ma, Sheryl Crow, and even Jay-Z. “I have pretty eclectic tastes,” Obama told Rolling Stone. He even went on to invoke “Maggie’s Farm,” Dylan’s classic song of generational defiance and opting out. "It speaks to me as I listen to some of the political rhetoric," explained.

Yeah, well, it’s all over now baby blue. Like Bush before him – and in many wars, even worse than Bush before him - Obama has personified the failure of leaders to speak plainly, honestly and directly and to enact simple, effective, financially responsible policies that speak to Americans’ hopes and dreams. The great political continuity in the 21st century is one of transpartisan failure and the continuing flight from party affiliation by more and more Americans.

Beinart and others like him are right to note that Obama’s and the Democrats’ decline in popularity is not automatically the Republicans’ gain (though get a load of this: Ken Cuccinelli won the 18-24 year-old vote against Terry McAuliffe in the Virginia governor’s race). But just as there’s no reason to expect the problems with Obamacare to be fixed anytime soon, there’s no reason to think that youth disaffection with the president is going to get better over the remainder of his second term. He’s failed with younger voters not in spite of his policies but because of them. Along the way, he transmogrified from a hipster dad into a near-total drag whose control is as absolute as his inability to get anything right.

In terms of basic demographics, the future belongs to Millennials because they are young. For good and ill, they will inherit the world their elders made for them. In terms of politics, the future belongs to leaders and parties who not only agree with the record-high percentage of Americans who think the government has too much power but actually propose to give some of it away.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... acare.html

Hat tip BL
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
manolo

Obama’s greatest achievement.

Post by manolo »

Folks,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25074729

President Obama has many achievements to his credit since taking office, but IMO the deal with Iran is the greatest. Oddly, this is not entirely because he has gained movement from the fearful Iranians but because he has the permanent members of the UN security council alongside him.

Of course there will be US Republicans who cannot bear to see such solidarity of world leaders united in the interests of peace, but let them be. This is Obama’s time.

The world is a safer place.

Alex.
Doc

Re: Obama’s greatest achievement.

Post by Doc »

manolo wrote:Folks,

President Obama has many achievements to his credit since taking office, but IMO the deal with Iran is the greatest. Oddly, this is not entirely because he has gained movement from the fearful Iranians but because he has the permanent members of the UN security council alongside him.

Of course there will be US Republicans who cannot bear to see such solidarity of world leaders united in the interests of peace, but let them be. This is Obama’s time.

Alex.
Today the world became a much more dangerous place because the most dangerous regime in the world made a significant step in obtaining the most dangerous weapons in the world," he said.
We'll see.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Alex.
How.
Censorship isn't necessary
manolo

Post by manolo »

Doc wrote: We'll see.
Doc,

I don't always agree with your posts, but in this case I do. :)

Alex.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Alex.
Alex,

Hopefully you are right.

Whether you are right or not will probably depend on what is in the view finder and the shutter speed of your camera.

We humans seems to talk in terms of still photographs all the time. Unfortunately reality is more an infinite number of videos.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:

Alex.
Alex,

Hopefully you are right.

Whether you are right or not will probably depend on what is in the view finder and the shutter speed of your camera.

We humans seems to talk in terms of still photographs all the time. Unfortunately reality is more an infinite number of videos.
Honestly I would have thought Alex would hold up Obama Nobel peace prize as his greatest achievement. :P .
manolo

Post by manolo »

Doc wrote: Honestly I would have thought Alex would hold up Obama Nobel peace prize as his greatest achievement. :P .
Doc,

There is a connection.

Alex.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:
Honestly I would have thought Alex would hold up Obama Nobel peace prize as his greatest achievement. :P .
:lol:

I forgot about the Nobel prize, that makes ya special? hell.... even I got one of those. ;)

Doc, I'm not sure how old you are, or how far your memory goes back, But IIRC, for every Merikan president since Carter, the impetus for focusing on peace in the middle east was a decline in their domestic poll numbers.

Luckily, beauty is in the eye of the historian and popularity is faddish. JFK & Churchill.....
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Alex.

Just holding any kind of sober negotiations with Iran, and ignoring incessant attempts to sabotage them from both Israel and neo-cons, is actually a major achievement. Its one of the few successful American foreign policy moves of the last twelve years.
Doc

Post by Doc »

manolo wrote:
Doc wrote: Honestly I would have thought Alex would hold up Obama Nobel peace prize as his greatest achievement. :P .
Doc,

There is a connection.

Alex.
Yeah Obama is not George W Bush. :D
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Yeah Obama is not George W Bush.
A good reminder that, as terrible as things are, they could be a little worse.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

POTUS Obama | Pro and Con

Post by monster_gardener »

Thank You VERY MUCH for maintaining the Forum, Admins Typhoon & YMix

Per our Esteemed Founder Typhoon's request, this is a thread for posts about:

POTUS obama - pro and con

Please post issues about POTUS obama Pro & Con here if at all possible especially general topics such his character good or bad etc.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:
Yeah Obama is not George W Bush.
A good reminder that, as terrible as things are, they could be a little worse.
A little I suppose. Did you ever see the movie "October Sky" ? One of my favorite lines in a movie is in that one. Where the boys build a rocket that blows up in their faces. The Mother comes out to the porch to see what happened and says "I told you boys not to blow yourselves up!" Somehow I think God is about to come out on the porch.
Doc

Re: POTUS Obama | Pro and Con

Post by Doc »

monster_gardener wrote:Thank You VERY MUCH for maintaining the Forum, Admins Typhoon & YMix

Please post issues about POTUS obama Pro & Con here if at all possible especially general topics such his character good or bad etc.
Where do I click for incompetent wannabe Chicago style political boss?
monster_gardener

obama Was Cheated Out of the Heisman Trophy!

manolo wrote:
Doc,

There is a connection.

Alex.
Thank You Very Much for your post, Alex Manolo eThinker.

obama was cheated out of the Heisman Trophy!
The Heisman Memorial Trophy Award (usually known colloquially as the Heisman Trophy or the Heisman), is awarded annually to the most outstanding player in college football in the United States whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with dillegence, perseverance, and hard work. It is presented by the Heisman Trophy Trust in early December before the postseason bowl games.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisman_Trophy

obama deserved the Heisman Trophy just as much as he deserved the Nobel Peace Prize! ;) :twisted: :lol: :roll:

I even voted for him! :shock:

To get the Heisman Trophy, that is! ;) :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisman_Trophy#Selection

After the Nobel Committee gave him the Peace Prize :roll:
monster_gardener

Incompetent wannabe Chicago style political boss = 3 or 4 ..

Doc wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:Thank You VERY MUCH for maintaining the Forum, Admins Typhoon & YMix

Thank You VERY MUCH for Your post, Doc.
IMO that would be a 3 or a 4 depending on the degree of evil &/or incompetence.....

NOTE:

Thank You VERY MUCH for heeding our Esteemed Founder Typhoon's request that we post in more organized threads to reduce the moderating workload.

GOOD Show!
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Obama’s greatest achievement ? ? ?

Well,

Mosche : Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry secretly agreed to elevate Iran to the status of seventh world power :D

While Iran has always demanded respect and equal standing as a regional power, never in their wildest dreams had the ayatollahs expected to be granted big power standing, with an authoritative role recognized by the six big powers for addressing issues in a broad region spanning the Persian Gulf, the Middle East and Western Asia, including Afghanistan.

We come home from Geneva with recognition as a world power, they replied.

The small print of Iran’s new rating is not yet in place, but Western sources familiar with the new US-Iranian understandings say they would not be surprised to find President Rouhani sitting in future summits on the same side of the table as the six powers who faced Iran in the Geneva negotiations. Zarif would also attend future foreign ministers’ meetings as an world-class equal.

Jerusalem and Riyadh are aghast at this development. Our Jerusalem sources report that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, who has kept it back from his cabinet colleagues, has been holding back-to-back confidential consultations with the heads of Israel’s security and intelligence services and the high IDF command to decide how to handle Obama’s sudden replacement of Israel with Iran as America’s No. 1 ally in the region.
Most immediately, a hostile Iran with a role in the ongoing US-sponsored negotiations with the Palestinians does not bear thinking off.

The Saudi royal house is deep in similarly anxious and angry discussions.
Some of debkafile’s Western and Israeli sources in the two capitals say Israel and Saudi Arabia both find Iran’s promotion to world status more shocking and deleterious even than its pretensions to a nuclear weapon. Neither had imagined the Obama administration capable of an about face so extreme.
debkafile has obtained full details of the secret US-Iranian deal as concluded between Kerry and Zarif in Geneva and endorsed by the Russian and Chinese foreign ministers. They will be revealed in the coming DEBKA Weekly Issue No. 613 out next Friday, Nov. 29.

Folks , Monster, DOC, ALEX fasten seatbelt .. World Zionism taking gloves off

2B frank, knew it's comin, but came sooner than I though

Today Hague warned Israel :lol:

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Azari, ethinker, how do you see the war between Israel and Iran playing out.
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:.

Azari, ethinker, how do you see the war between Israel and Iran playing out.

War will be between you guys and Israel/Zionist

Zionist saying you lied and cheated them

Jerusalem Post : The promises of empires and superpowers to the Jewish people often turn out to be the worst sort of perfidy

Mr. Perfect, watch your back :lol:

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

True, western Euro types, who obama is among, they never liked jew., created Israel to get rid of them, I think that stablished pretty well.

However obvious targets is Iran. I wonder how that war is going to go. I have some ideas.
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote:.

I have some ideas.

Interesting : Zarif on Iranian TV

What will happen now, you bet the farm on that Mr. Perfect, is, that Natanyahoo will be pushed out in Israel, he will fall .. my guess is "Tzipi Livni" might take over, maybe as interim PM .. election will be called, the whole future appraoch will be debated, and, things will change dramtically, if not, if things continue business as usual, young generation elite will leave Israel, that would be the end

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I no think Iran will wait that long to first strike, Iran will first strike in next couple of years. Jews will move first.

Outcome, Iran decimated or both countries go to glass, plus others that drawn into conflict. Bible explains how this will go down.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:my guess is "Tzipi Livni" might take over, maybe as interim PM .. election will be called, the whole future appraoch will be debated, and, things will change dramtically, if not, if things continue business as usual, young generation elite will leave Israel, that would be the end
None of the major parties in Israel really differ on foreign policy, so it doesn't matter who is in power. The problem with Israeli policy on Iran is that it spent that last decade shrieking "we need to attack Iran!" and now their reaction to this deal is "we need to attack Iran!" Might as well ask Chicken Little what the sky is doing.

The interesting outcome is that it pushes Israel into a regional alliance with Saudi Arabia, as the only two nations on the same page concerning most issues in the region (except Palestinians, who the Saudi monarchs don't really care about anyway).
Heracleum Persicum

Ibrahim wrote:.
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

my guess is "Tzipi Livni" might take over, maybe as interim PM .. election will be called, the whole future approach will be debated, and, things will change dramtically, if not, if things continue business as usual, young generation elite will leave Israel, that would be the end

None of the major parties in Israel really differ on foreign policy, so it doesn't matter who is in power. The problem with Israeli policy on Iran is that it spent that last decade shrieking "we need to attack Iran!" and now their reaction to this deal is "we need to attack Iran!" Might as well ask Chicken Little what the sky is doing.

The interesting outcome is that it pushes Israel into a regional alliance with Saudi Arabia, as the only two nations on the same page concerning most issues in the region (except Palestinians, who the Saudi monarchs don't really care about anyway).

True, all major Israeli political parties same in foreign policy .. but .. a change of face, a change of scenery would signal, needed for, a change in foreign policy

and

Notion Israel will get together with Saudi indicates not fully realizing what really going on

West and Iran nuclear issue just tip of the iceberg and not even main issue .. West did not care much about Iranian nuclear stuff, that was just an excuse to box-in Iran for other reasons, nuclear was to scare Joe to make an easy case to hamper Iran

Now, West is going to enter into deeeeeep cooperation with Iran in many fields in all that space, central Asia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Palestine, North Africa, KAVKAZ, Russian Muslims republics, Chinese Muslims provinces and and and

and

Israel would be a fool counting on Al Saud shaky rulers, they most probably no more in a few yrs, specially if Oil prices drop and holds for some time

My guess is, Natanyahoo will be pushed aside, new face comes, Israeli public debate and prepare for policy change, and, jump on Iranian train .. Iran has no specific differences with Israel, non .. and .. the mad mullahs are pragmatic , Rouhani wishing happy Honoka a sign Iran wouldn't mind Israel

Big losers, will be Arabs, mainly Saudi and Egypt .. Egyptian military counting now on Saudi money, when Al Saud get a SHAH treatment, no money no honey, Muslim Brotherhood will take over again, this time Turkey on the right side, Ibrahim,