Liberal intolerance

Doc

Re: Liberal intolerance

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:Sometimes, the best way to endure difficult or tragic situations is to laugh. Don't give in and lose your sense of humor.
Schadenfreude Leftists are very good at that.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Liberals are good at knowing what is good for others but are intolerant when the same standards are applied to them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/2 ... 69740.html
Maine Gov. Paul LePage Sends State Police To Enforce Ebola Quarantine

AP/The Huffington Post | By Ashley Alman

Posted: 10/29/2014 2:21 pm EDT Updated: 1 hour ago

Maine Gov. Paul LePage has sent state law enforcement to the home of nurse Kaci Hickox, USA Today reported Wednesday.

Earlier Wednesday, LePage said he would seek out the support of state police to keep the nurse, who recently returned to the United States from treating Ebola patients in West Africa, in isolation. According to USA Today, state police cars are now stationed outside Hickox's home.

The Associated Press reported earlier:

FORT KENT, Maine (AP) — A nurse who treated Ebola patients in West Africa said Wednesday that she plans to stop quarantining herself in her home in rural Maine, signaling a potential showdown with state police monitoring her movements and state officials preparing to legally enforce the quarantine.

Kaci Hickox told NBC's "Today" show and ABC's "Good Morning America" that she was abiding by the state's voluntary quarantine by having no contact with people Tuesday and Wednesday. But she said she will defy the state if the policy isn't changed by Thursday.

"I don't plan on sticking to the guidelines," Hickox said on "Today." ''I remain appalled by these home quarantine policies that have been forced upon me even though I am in perfectly good health."

Her lawyer told The Associated Press that Hickox, who's shown no symptoms of Ebola, isn't willing to cooperate further unless the state lifts "all or most of the restrictions." The governor said Wednesday he was seeking legal authority to keep her in isolation.

"We hoped that the health care worker would voluntarily comply with these protocols, but this individual has stated publicly she will not abide by the protocols. We are very concerned about her safety and health and that of the community," said Gov. Paul LePage, who canceled his campaign events to follow the developments.

Hickox, who volunteered in Sierra Leone with Doctors Without Borders, was the first person forced into New Jersey's mandatory quarantine for people arriving at Newark Liberty International Airport from three West African countries.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo were sharply criticized for ordering mandatory quarantines as Hickox spent the weekend in a tent. Now in Maine, Hickox arrived Tuesday night at the off-campus home of her boyfriend, who's a senior nursing student at the University of Maine at Fort Kent.

"I am not going to sit around and be bullied by politicians and forced to stay in my home when I am not a risk to the American public," she said.

Fort Kent is in far northern Maine, across the river from Canada, and has 4,300 residents. About 1,000 students attend the university there.

Across the country, litigation seems unavoidable as health officials grapple with how to manage public health concerns once Ebola reached the U.S.

Some states, including Maine, are going above and beyond guidelines from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which recommend only regular monitoring — not quarantine — for health care workers who have come into contact with Ebola patients.

LePage commended all health care workers who have volunteered in Africa to treat Ebola patients and said he had hoped Hickox would voluntarily comply with Maine's restrictions.

"While we certainly respect the rights of one individual, we must be vigilant in protecting 1.3 million Mainers, as well as anyone who visits our great state," he said.

Norman Siegel, one of Hickox's lawyers, said he remained hopeful the state will ease its restrictions. If not, then the state would have to go to court, and he would challenge the state's action.

"Our position is very simple. There's no justification for the state of Maine to quarantine her. She has no symptoms and therefore she's not contagious. And she's not at a risk to the public or the health and welfare of people in the state of Maine," he said.

The leader of Maine's Roman Catholics weighed in on the fight, urging calm and reason and lauding Hickox's bravery.

"We need to balance our desire to protect ourselves and those we love with the obligation to treat Ms. Hickox with the same compassion and support that she displayed in West Africa, rather than with fear and rejection," Bishop Robert F. Deeley said.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:Sometimes, the best way to endure difficult or tragic situations is to laugh. Don't give in and lose your sense of humor.
You have to find them tragic first.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Radical leftist. "The gubmint is oppressing me". Well duh. You gave them the power.

http://www.today.com/health/nurse-kaci- ... 1D80251330
Nurse Kaci Hickox — who remains symptom-free after spending three days in a New Jersey isolation tent after flying home from Ebola-stricken West Africa — remains under quarantine at home in Maine, but for only another day, she tells TODAY's Matt Lauer.

“I don’t plan on sticking to the guidelines. I remain appalled by these home quarantine policies that have been forced upon me, even though I am in perfectly good health and feeling strong and have been this entire time completely symptom free,” said Hickox, who wouldn’t emerge from Maine’s 21-day voluntary quarantine until Nov. 10.

“I truly believe this policy is not scientifically nor constitutionally just, and so I’m not going to sit around and be bullied around by politicians and be forced to stay in my home when I am not a risk to the American public.”
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/10 ... supporter/
Doc

Post by Doc »

Maybe this should go under the title "Things Liberal are tolerant of" However rather than start another thread....

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update ... slam-essay
Why a Marine dad was banned from his daughter's school for objecting to Islam essay
A Marine dad doesn't want his daughter learning about Islam in school. School officials say the alternative is a failing grade.

By Anne Steele, Staff writer October 30, 2014

Former Marine Complains About Pro-Islam Bias In Daughter’s Schoolwork, Gets BANNED From School

A Maryland high school student's father has been banned from her school's grounds after objecting to a portion of her history curriculum involving Islam.

Kevin Wood, who is a US Marine, contacted La Plata High School officials after his 11th grade daughter was assigned a three-page essay about Islam’s five pillars, Mecca, and Mohammed.

He asked that his daughter be excused from her world history class for the duration of the unit covering Islam, arguing that students can’t study Christianity in schools "but we can force-feed our kids Islam," according to Fox Insider.

Recommended: Are you smarter than an atheist? A religious quiz

Students are required to pass world history as a graduation requirement, and part of the course involves studying Middle Eastern culture. School officials point out that students learn aspects of other religions as well, including Christianity when studying the Renaissance era, and Hinduism and Buddhism when studying India and China.

Vice principal Shannon Morris and principal Evelyn Arnold reported Wood threatened to upset the school environment, school spokeswoman Katie O’Malley-Simpson told SoMdNews, and he was subsequently issued a no-trespass order.

“We don’t take that lightly,” said O’Malley-Simpson. “We have a lot of students, and safety comes first. We don’t allow disruptions at the schools, especially if we’re forewarned of them.”

Wood, a former corporal with the US Marine Corps, originally spoke with an administrative assistant who said she would look in to the possibility of an alternative assignment. Morris then followed up to inform the family that there would be no alternative and their daughter would receive a failing grade if she didn't complete the assignment.

“If [students] can’t practice Christianity in school, they should not be allowed to practice Islam in school,” Wood, who identified himself as Catholic, told SoMdNews.

He denied issuing any threats or that he had planned to show up at the La Planta campus, but said he criticized the school for violating his daughter's constitutional rights.

The family said she will be taking a zero on the assignment.

A week earlier, some Massachusetts parents were also upset about their children being taught about the Muslim religion in school.

"No religion should be taught at school. In their paper it says Allah is their only God. That's insulting to me as a Christian who believes in just Jesus only," Anthony Giannino, who pulled his son out of a Revere classroom, told WHDH, referring to a line of the text which reads: "I bear witness that there is no God but Allah."

"We don't believe in Allah. I don't believe in my son learning about this here," he said. "If my son was from another country and came here, he would have been catered to. But where he's not being catered to, they give him an F."

In a letter to the boy's parents, the superintendent of Revere Public Schools said it is part of the history in that section of the curriculum and that there was no intention of converting students.

Giannino said the school should inform parents that students are going to learn about the religion, and that we was starting a petition.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Writing an essay about Islam for history class is "teaching Islam"? Learning that Muslims believe Allah is their only god (a statement of fact) is insulting to Christians? I guess they can't learn about Roman, Greek, or Egyptian civilization either. :roll:
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Radical leftist. "The gubmint is oppressing me". Well duh. You gave them the power.
Doc said the Constitution grants the government that power. Are you saying conservatives are in favor of stripping the government of the right to enforce quarantines?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:Writing an essay about Islam for history class is "teaching Islam"? Learning that Muslims believe Allah is their only god (a statement of fact) is insulting to Christians? I guess they can't learn about Roman, Greek, or Egyptian civilization either. :roll:
Honestly I have been to schools in Maryland with the Quran on their library shelves. I have seen this personally. Sections about various religions with nothing about Christianity Zero Zip Nada. These are schools that have many many immigrants from all over the world. I believe the motivation for having these texts is in the name of tolerance. But if that is true what about the tolerance of the immigrants?
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:Writing an essay about Islam for history class is "teaching Islam"? Learning that Muslims believe Allah is their only god (a statement of fact) is insulting to Christians? I guess they can't learn about Roman, Greek, or Egyptian civilization either. :roll:
Honestly I have been to schools in Maryland with the Quran on their library shelves. I have seen this personally. Sections about various religions with nothing about Christianity Zero Zip Nada. These are schools that have many many immigrants from all over the world. I believe the motivation for having these texts is in the name of tolerance. But if that is true what about the tolerance of the immigrants?
I can only speak to the high school I attended, during the late 90's. I recall being taught about Christianity (and the Reformation), Islam (including its 5 pillars of faith), Judaism, Buddhism, as well as the religions of European Antiquity. I believe we even read select passages from both the Bible. I highly doubt you could provide me with evidence that Christianity is being omitted entirely by the high school curriculum or that more time is spent on Islam.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:
Doc wrote:
I can only speak to the high school I attended, during the late 90's. I recall being taught about Christianity (and the Reformation), Islam (including its 5 pillars of faith), Judaism, Buddhism, as well as the religions of European Antiquity. I believe we even read select passages from both the Bible. I highly doubt you could provide me with evidence that Christianity is being omitted entirely by the high school curriculum or that more time is spent on Islam.

Yeah same here. It just struck me as pretty strange at the time I was more or less volunteering as extra help in an English as a second language class for the evening.
Doc

Post by Doc »

How the results of Liberal intolerance dooms big government.

Questioning Authority is really all fine and well. But how far do you take it? Until it is so politicized that there is no authority left?

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/articl ... 863162.php
Doubts chip away at nation's most trusted agencies

By ADAM GELLER, AP National Writer

Updated 7:07 am, Saturday, November 1, 2014

FILE- In this Oct. 2, 2014, file photo, members of the Secret Service watch as Air Force One taxies on the runway before leaving the Gary/Chicago International Airport in Gary, Ind. In the space of just a few months, the reputations and approval ratings of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Secret Service, as well as the Veterans Administration, have been seen a decline.

Even as Americans' trust in government eroded in recent years, people kept faith in a handful of agencies and institutions admired for their steadiness in ensuring the country's protection.

To safeguard the president, there was the solidity of the Secret Service. To stand vigil against distant enemies, the U.S. nuclear missile corps was assumed to be on the job. And to ward off threats to public health, the nation counted on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Now, in the space of just a few months, the reputations of all those agencies — as well as the Veterans Administration — have been tarred by scandal or tarnished by doubt. Maybe a public buffeted by partisan rhetoric and nonstop news should be used to this by now. But, with the CDC facing tough questions about its response to the Ebola outbreak, something feels different. Government is about doing collectively what citizens can't do alone, but its effectiveness is premised on trust.

A year ago, with Washington shut down and trust in government near records lows, the CDC still won a 75 percent approval rating, the highest of any federal agency, a poll by the Pew Research Center found. But when CBS News surveyed Americans in mid-October, just 37 percent said the agency was doing a good or excellent job.

"I always called the CDC the shining star of the federal agencies," said Lawrence O. Gostin, an expert on health law and policy at Georgetown University. "They were regarded with very high esteem and did an extraordinarily good job of protecting the American people. That has changed and I think (doubts about its handling of) Ebola is the epitome of that change."

That likely reflects the fears stirred by the disease — while people trust public health officials ordinarily, there is a heightened sensitivity now to perceived breaches in that confidence, said Nathan Carter, a University of Georgia psychology professor who has looked at declining trust in institutions over the last four decades.

But the speed with which the agency was held up for blame also reflects the overall degradation in trust, he said. The public and elected lawmakers are far less likely now than in the past to give government officials the benefit of the doubt or the room to make mistakes.

Faith in government has been declining since the Vietnam War and Watergate, with most of that distrust directed at elected officials, said Carroll Doherty, director of political research for Pew.

The balance between trust and doubt has swung increasingly toward the latter, Carter said. "I do think it's a big problem and how to repair that trust, that's probably the biggest question."

The public's positive views of the CDC go back many years. But the results of last year's poll by Pew are particularly striking now because many of the other agencies atop the rankings then have also since been tarnished.

The Homeland Security Department won a 66 percent approval rating a year ago. But that was before the Secret Service, which is a part of the agency, was caught in a number of lapses: among them, the agency's failure to stop a man armed with a knife from scaling the fence and running into White House and the unchecked entry of an armed contractor onto an elevator with the president. In the new CBS news poll, just 38 percent of those questioned rated the Secret Service's performance as good or excellent and 43 percent did so for its parent department.

The Veterans Administration was viewed favorably by 68 percent of those polled last year. But it too has since been swept up in a scandal over long wait times for veterans seeking care and records that were falsified to camouflage the problems. In the CBS poll, just 30 percent rated the VA as doing a good job.

It's impossible to know if the public's misgivings about the agencies are just temporary setbacks, and results from different polls may not be directly comparable. Researchers point out that Americans' views of government swing back and forth, depending on what's happening with the economy and national security.

It's certainly not the first time that the CDC has been targeted for criticism. In 1976, when nearly 200 people who'd attended an American Legion convention in Philadelphia fell ill and more than two dozen died, the agency was criticized for being slow to find the cause.

Over the years, the agency has had some "rough days," said Elizabeth Etheridge, author of "Sentinel for Health: A History of the Centers for Disease Control," published in 1992. "It's not unusual for the CDC to be involved in controversies. Medicine, as you know, is not perfect."

U.S. voters have long shown a split personality when it comes their views on government. More and more people distrust a government symbolized by a deadlocked Congress. But many have continued to vest considerable trust in the agencies, programs and government workers delivering the services people count on.

"I think it's actually an enormously important disjuncture," said Marc Hetherington, a Vanderbilt University political scientist who studies voter trust. "Government has a really bad reputation, but no one wants to do away with any of it."

The nation's deepened partisan divide has further undermined that trust. Republican voters are more suspicious of government led by the current Democratic president. Democratic-leaning voters were deeply distrustful of the government when it was led by George W. Bush, researchers say.

Ahead of next week's midterm elections, polls show many voters deeply dissatisfied with government's performance and ready to place blame on President Barack Obama and his party's candidates.

But Carter said data on public trust over time is worrisome because it shows that even when events like the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks rally people around the government, the peaks of trust are never as high as in the past. It points to a gradual but unmistakable degradation in the public's belief in its institutions that he finds worrisome.

If Americans' belief in their government continues to ebb, he said, its raises the inevitable question: How long before trust runs out?
manolo

Post by manolo »

Doc wrote:
Questioning Authority is really all fine and well. But how far do you take it? Until it is so politicized that there is no authority left?
Doc,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

Alex.
Doc

Post by Doc »

manolo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Doc,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

Alex.

I am not talking about minimalist objects to government. I am talking about questioning the very authority to govern for political expediency.

When Bush was president I keep hearing about "Rule of Law" from the Left. Except_When_The_law_was_applied_to_the_left Now that Obama is presient and the "Authority" If someone on the right mentions rule of law the left acts as if they have no idea what is being talked about.

The left started this back in the 1960s They have no right to come back now and complain about gridlock in Washington That dog just won't hunt.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Chris Hedges, award winning author, journalist and activist.jpg
Chris Hedges, award winning author, journalist and activist.jpg (91.27 KiB) Viewed 881 times
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/223 ... -rice-says
Rice: Dem racial attacks 'appalling'

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Thursday slammed Democrats who sought to use race against Republicans in the midterm elections, saying they were offensive and out of touch.

“The idea that you would play such a card and try fearmongering among minorities just because you disagree with Republicans, that they are somehow all racists, I find it appalling. I find it insulting,” she said on Fox News.

Rice and the show’s co-host, Brian Kilmeade, specifically mentioned the Georgia Democratic Party’s flyers that asked voters to prevent another shooting similar to that in Ferguson, Mo.

“We are not race blind. Of course we still have racial tensions in this country. But the United States of America has made enormous progress in race relations and it is still the best place on Earth to be a minority,” Rice said.

She also warned President Obama against issuing an executive order on that would effectively make changes to the country’s immigration policies.

“We can’t have a circumstance in which we are going after a problem as meddlesome and potential divisive as immigration by executive action only,” Rice said. “This has to go through the people’s representatives.”

When asked about the potentially historic candidacy of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2016, Rice said that she hopes voters would choose based solely on candidates’ policies. And while Rice said that she was very fond of former Gov. Jeb Bush (R-Fla.), a potential Republican candidate for president, she dismissed any speculation that she might run.

“I am a professor at Stanford. I am a happy professor at Stanford; that’s where I am staying,” she said. “I had a chance to be secretary of State. I’m an international relations specialist; it doesn’t get better than that.”
The disgusting morality of liberal Democrats. Hopefully this is the last we see of them.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/223 ... -rice-says
Rice: Dem racial attacks 'appalling'

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Thursday slammed Democrats who sought to use race against Republicans in the midterm elections, saying they were offensive and out of touch.

“The idea that you would play such a card and try fearmongering among minorities just because you disagree with Republicans, that they are somehow all racists, I find it appalling. I find it insulting,” she said on Fox News.

Rice and the show’s co-host, Brian Kilmeade, specifically mentioned the Georgia Democratic Party’s flyers that asked voters to prevent another shooting similar to that in Ferguson, Mo.

“We are not race blind. Of course we still have racial tensions in this country. But the United States of America has made enormous progress in race relations and it is still the best place on Earth to be a minority,” Rice said.

She also warned President Obama against issuing an executive order on that would effectively make changes to the country’s immigration policies.

“We can’t have a circumstance in which we are going after a problem as meddlesome and potential divisive as immigration by executive action only,” Rice said. “This has to go through the people’s representatives.”

When asked about the potentially historic candidacy of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2016, Rice said that she hopes voters would choose based solely on candidates’ policies. And while Rice said that she was very fond of former Gov. Jeb Bush (R-Fla.), a potential Republican candidate for president, she dismissed any speculation that she might run.

“I am a professor at Stanford. I am a happy professor at Stanford; that’s where I am staying,” she said. “I had a chance to be secretary of State. I’m an international relations specialist; it doesn’t get better than that.”
The disgusting morality of liberal Democrats. Hopefully this is the last we see of them.
IF the democrats were so concerned about "race" Why didn't the Democrat in South Carolina drop out of the senate race in favor of the first black man elected from the south as senator since reconstruction?

And what does this newly elected Senator have to say about the Democrats?
Tim Scott @votetimscott
Follow
We have too many young people being trapped in poverty because other people are defining them with low expectations.
9:39 PM - 4 Nov 2014

It is clear the Democrats had a 125 years to elect a Black Senator in the South. It took an appointment by an Indian American republican Governor to appoint him and South Carolina residences to elect him. Where was AL Sharpton? Where was Hillary Clinton? Where was Harry "the snake" Reid?

Oh Yeah....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/11 ... r-of-fear/
Tim Scott Urges Media and Politicians to Stop ‘Race-Baiting’ and Appealing to the ‘Lowest Common Denominator of Fear’

Nov. 5, 2014 8:15pm Erica Ritz

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) on Tuesday became the first black senator elected in the south since Reconstruction, and while he said he is extraordinarily proud of his state for breaking that barrier, he is even more proud that “people in South Carolina vote their issues, they vote their values, and not their complexion.”

Speaking on The Glenn Beck Program, Scott said the Tea Party made it clear across the nation that they are in no way the racist, sexist people they are accused of being. He also said it is time for Washington and the media to stop trying to divide Americans into identity groups.

“In this last election cycle I went over to North Carolina to help [Senator elect] Thom Tillis, and thank God he won,” Scott said. “But the ads that were paid for by Harry Reid’s PAC — if there is a definition of race baiting, you can find it in the ads run against Thom Tillis. It was despicable.”

Scott said the omnipresent “race-baiting” is “not what brings this country together, and over the last five or six years we’ve seen that in parts of the country, the races have started to divide again. And that is unfortunate.”

“Certainly, we’ve made a lot of progress,” Scott continued. “But the fact of the matter is the lowest common denominator of fear is not what brings Americans together. We come together with hope, hope being defined as individual responsibility. And if you will be responsible, in America all things are possible.”
Doc

Post by Doc »

Why are progressives always so repressive when the get the chance to be?
College prof makes students recite anti-American 'pledge of allegiance'

Published December 08, 2014

Metropolitan State University Professor Charles Angelotti says the pledge he has students recite is satire, designed to make them question. (CampusReform.org)

If you sign up for Denver college professor Charles Angeletti's American Civilization class, be forewarned that you're going to have to recite his invective-filled 'New Pledge' -- and according to some of his students, also be ready to swallow a big helping of his politics.

Angeletti, who teaches at Metropolitan State University of Denver, has students learn an anti-American spoof of the Pledge of Allegiance that denounces the U.S. as a Republican-controlled bastion of injustice, all while spewing his own far-left brand of politics, according to current and former students.

“I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American,” reads Angeletti's version. “And to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you, if you don't watch your step.”

“We’re very racist, we’re very repressive, we’re very Christian oriented, we don’t tolerate other kinds of thinking in this country.”
- Charles Angeletti, professor at Metropolitan State University

The anti-U.S. recitation, first reported by higher education blog Campus Reform, was a satirical pledge aimed at getting students to question their nation's leadership, Angeletti said. The self-proclaimed atheist and socialist told the site that he has been distributing the pledge in his classes for nearly 20 years as part of his lesson plan.

“We’re very racist, we’re very repressive, we’re very Christian oriented, we don’t tolerate other kinds of thinking in this country,” Angeletti told Campus Reform. “I could go on and on -- and do, in my classes, for hours about things that we need to do to make this a better country.”

A student from Angeletti’s class told Campus Reform that the flier was handed out to the entire class and all students were required to recite it.

“This was an attempt to propagandize an entire classroom of young adults,” Steven Farr, a freshman majoring in meteorology, told the blog site.

Angelotti's students say he makes no effort to hide his opinions about politics. (Campus Reform)

Officials at Metropolitan State University of Denver did not immediately return requests for comment. The 24,000-student school has the second-highest undergraduate enrollment in the state and has several notable Division II sports programs. It also bills itself as a top choice for active-duty military and veterans to pursue higher education, and has several notable Division II sports programs.

“This is typical elite, progressive, post-modernist garbage,” said Pete Hegseth, a Fox News contributor and CEO of Concerned Veterans for America. “I hope and believe that vets in his class will challenge this professor.

“We have seen this time and time again. Lessons like this stack the deck against veterans and basically tell them, you fought for nothing," Hegseth added. "You fought for a lie.”

On the academic review site RateMyProfessors.com, students appear to mostly like Angeletti and consider him an easy grader, although some said he punishes conservatives.

"Charles is the best professor at MSU Denver," wrote one student who took the class.

But another student said your opinion can cost you if it doesn't jibe with Angeletti's.

"If you are a liberal, you will like him," a student wrote. "He encourages you to speak out and voice your opinion... Unless of course, you are a Republican."

Another student said class was unfocused.

"All this teacher does is ask what is on your mind at the start of every class and that is how class is run everyday based on what students say," the student wrote. "The only reason I got a B is because I hardly showed up to that class because it was so pointless. All he does is argue with everything you say and you are always wrong. Didn't learn anything."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/08/co ... picks=true
manolo

Post by manolo »

Doc wrote:Why are progressives always so repressive when the get the chance to be?
Doc,

I don't think that a liberal can be intolerant, its a contradiction in terms. Same reason that a conservative can't be a Christian.

Alex.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:Why are progressives always so repressive when the get the chance to be?
Doc,

Humans are, uh, loaded to the gills with hypocrisy. They're all like that.

Besides, no individual can determine their group ID, that is the sole jurisdiction of the observer! ;)

My niece told me a similar story about one of her professor that often stated that Cuba was a much better place that the US. I advised her, next time he says that ask him "Then why don't you move to Cuba? If you lived in Cuba, would you be allowed to badmouth Cuba?"

Another buddy from England loves to claim England is a better place to live than the US. He has been saying that for 15 years but has not returned to England.

Another buddy from Canada who often brags about Canada recently retired. I asked if he was going to retire to Canada. He's not sure.

Talk is cheap, whine is cheaper, and we're all full of BS! :lol:
Doc

Post by Doc »

manolo wrote:
Doc,

I don't think that a liberal can be intolerant, its a contradiction in terms. Same reason that a conservative can't be a Christian.

Alex.
I think that the term "liberal" has been changed so much that it is self consistently a contradiction in terms in and of itself. TO the point that "Liberals" are preferring to call themselves "Progressives" which is even worse given the progressive's history of eugenics.

As for Conservatives being Christians. There was a study recently that showed liberals as a lot are pretty stingy compared to conservatives. For example years ago I noticed after hearing some Europeans brag about how much Europeans governments gave to the poor worldwide I pointed out that same year the citizens of the US, the overwhelming majority being on the conservative side, gave $190 billion in charitable giving. Which turned out to be more than the governments of Europe gave combined. As for Europeans citizens they gave very little to the point that no one bothered to even keep track of it. I suppose, actually I was told that giving was government's job not theirs.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

http://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/201 ... razy-talk/
There’s a saying that the surest way to go crazy is to keep the company of the insane. Glenn Reynolds links to an account of a male gender studies graduate telling every stranger he could find at a party to admit their “privilege”. The man who may or may not have been invited, “moved throughout the party, unleashing the fundamental concepts of his undergraduate major at every opportunity. ‘It was kind of weird to get lectured about the patriarchy by, y’know, a member of the patriarchy,’ one victim commented. ‘He called me an Uncle Tom for wearing bras.’”
A MAN........ telling a woman,....... wut??2?.........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
manolo

Post by manolo »

Doc wrote: I suppose, actually I was told that giving was government's job not theirs.
Doc,

Yes, one of the principles underlying a welfare state is to remove the need for charity. I'm not against that, although I like to see specialist charities active as well and support some myself. I would not like to see a personal entirely dependent on charity.

Re 'liberal'. As we don't have the US politics over here I tend to think of a dictionary definition of the word: "Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox or authoritarian attitudes, views or dogmas; free from bigotry".

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/liberal

Interestingly, some conservatives claim to be liberal according to the above definition, notably with the 'free from bigotry' part.

Alex.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:http://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/201 ... razy-talk/
There’s a saying that the surest way to go crazy is to keep the company of the insane. Glenn Reynolds links to an account of a male gender studies graduate telling every stranger he could find at a party to admit their “privilege”. The man who may or may not have been invited, “moved throughout the party, unleashing the fundamental concepts of his undergraduate major at every opportunity. ‘It was kind of weird to get lectured about the patriarchy by, y’know, a member of the patriarchy,’ one victim commented. ‘He called me an Uncle Tom for wearing bras.’”
A MAN........ telling a woman,....... wut??2?.........
:lol: :lol: Great article Liz! thanks!

Ah, All these little Grubers, whose mothers repeatedly told them they were so special...... who live in rooms filled with their own participation trophies..... who wasted their parents retirement fund to get graduate degrees in male gender studies.... telling people how to run their lives.... what possibly could go wrong?

The guy with the degree in male gender studies call some babe an Uncle Tom? :lol: :lol: Pointing out another person's privilege... Isn't that racist or sexist or insensitive or something?

Not admitting that the person who claims you have privilege or claims victim hood gets it and that you don't get it.... Isn't that racist or sexist or insensitive or something?

my favorite line: "The wider point, the larger truth is: get with the narrative, if you can figure it out."

When everyone is a victim the race to the bottom is poetry in motion.
Doc

Post by Doc »

manolo wrote:
Doc wrote: I suppose, actually I was told that giving was government's job not theirs.
Doc,

Yes, one of the principles underlying a welfare state is to remove the need for charity. I'm not against that, although I like to see specialist charities active as well and support some myself. I would not like to see a personal entirely dependent on charity.

Re 'liberal'. As we don't have the US politics over here I tend to think of a dictionary definition of the word: "Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox or authoritarian attitudes, views or dogmas; free from bigotry".

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/liberal

Interestingly, some conservatives claim to be liberal according to the above definition, notably with the 'free from bigotry' part.

Alex.

No one is free from bigotry.

Your definition of liberal would seem to preclude most liberals politicians in the US from being liberals. They are the most authoritarian people I know. Just look at Obamacare.
Gruber admitted that kicking working Americans off of their health insurance plans “was part of the calculation” when designing ObamaCare.

“I concluded there would be churn in the market the entire time,” Gruber said. “We did model that some individuals would lose their existing plans and move to new forms of coverage… I don’t know the national estimate for how many people lost health insurance, so I don’t know how it compares to what I projected.”

Gruber, the MIT economist who made headlines after being caught on video bragging that Democrats used a “lack of transparency” and “the stupidity of the American voter” to pass the bill, went on to confirm that he told the White House that people would lose their plans.
Obama and the democrats knew they would be messing up millions of people's lives But did it anyway by passing an authoritarian mandate. AND IT DOES NOT CUT HEALTH CARE COSTS.

So what was the point?
manolo

Post by manolo »

Doc wrote:
Your definition of liberal would seem to preclude most liberals politicians in the US from being liberals.
Doc,

It isn't 'my' personal definition. I looked it up in a dictionary. I could try a different dictionary if you like?

Alex.