The conflict in Ferguson, MO

Parodite

Re: What's A Princess to Do....

Post by Parodite »

monster_gardener wrote:The Western Knight is nearly sterile and his line seems to be dying and likely soon to be in dire conflict or worse with the Vile Killer Klowns from Islamic Space who the Western Knight foolishly took in as refugees :roll: not being wise enough to realize that Killer Klowns from Islamic Space were Even Worse that than those they fled from......
The vast majority of Muslim refugees that now live in the West are not killer clowns MG, as is the vast majority of the 1.4 billions Muslims world wide. They are law abiding citizens. Many of them will hold and express politically correct views about who is to blame for their misery and perceived-or-real troubles (US foreign policy, Israel.. usually) but that doesn't make them killer clowns. Mind your step.. ;)

And Nonc has valid points about the tradition and literature of Islam: not all is about killing infidels or subduing them; on the contrary. (my critique is that there is too much MPD in there for modern man to anchor himself on so many mixed messages)

Just think Europe in the middle ages: heretics and witches were burned alive at the fire stake, thieves got their hands chopped off.. finger nails pulled out.. cooked alive, limbs removed etc.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Heracleum Persicum

Re: The clashes in Ferguson

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

NYT : Plague of shootings of black men by white police officers.
And maybe now, the nation will begin to address the racism behind it.

Only a fool would deny that racial bias still pervades aspects of American society. The evidence is clear that some police law-enforcement tactics — traffic stops, to cite one example — disproportionately target African-Americans. And few doubt that blacks are more likely than whites to die in police shootings; in most cities, the percentage almost certainly exceeds the African-American share of the population.

Such arguments suggest that the use of deadly force by police officers unfairly targets blacks. All that is needed are the numbers to prove it.

But those numbers do not exist. And because of that, the current national debate over the role of race in police killings is being conducted more or less in a vacuum.

more @ link

Interesting article

Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

The pervasiveness of American racism always surprises me. Even liberals talk as if blacks are on another planet.

Black people have become surprisingly well integrated here, so much so that there is a high interracial marriage rate, and, ultimate accolade, the England team's black footballers are just as useless as the white ones. But then they have fitted into our class system (working class, of course).

But then Muslims won't play that game, and despite Parodite's soothing words, have become the new Jews.
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html
Evidence supports officer’s account of shooting in Ferguson

Activists march in the streets in Missouri to protest police brutality two months after the fatal shooting of Michael Brown.--

Oct. 13, 2014 | Protesters, including Cornel West, second from right, march to the Ferguson, Mo., police station in Ferguson. (Charles Rex Arbogast/AP)

By Kimberly Kindy and Sari Horwitz October 22 at 1:56 PM 

Ferguson, Mo., police officer Darren Wilson and Michael Brown fought for control of the officer’s gun, and Wilson fatally shot the unarmed teenager after he moved toward the officer as they faced off in the street, according to interviews, news accounts and the full report of the St. Louis County autopsy of Brown’s body.

Because Wilson is white and Brown was black, the case has ignited intense debate over how police interact with African American men. But more than a half-dozen unnamed black witnesses have provided testimony to a St. Louis County grand jury that largely supports Wilson’s account of events of Aug. 9, according to several people familiar with the investigation who spoke with The Washington Post.

Some of the physical evidence — including blood spatter analysis, shell casings and ballistics tests — also supports Wilson’s account of the shooting, The Post’s sources said, which cast Brown as an aggressor who threatened the officer’s life. The sources spoke on condition of anonymity because they are prohibited from publicly discussing the case.

The grand jury is expected to complete its deliberations next month over whether Wilson broke the law in confronting Brown, and the pending decision appears to be prompting the unofficial release of information about the case and what the jurors have been told.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch late Tuesday night published Brown’s official county autopsy report, an analysis of which also suggests the 18-year-old may not have had his hands raised when he was fatally shot, as has been the contention of protesters who have demanded Wilson’s arrest.

Experts told the newspaper that Brown was first shot at close range and may have been reaching for Wilson’s weapon while the officer was still in his vehicle and Brown was standing at the driver’s side window. The autopsy found material “consistent with products that are discharged from the barrel of a firearm” in a wound on Brown’s thumb, the autopsy says.

Judy Melinek, a forensic pathologist in San Francisco who reviewed the report for the Post-Dispatch, said it “supports the fact that this guy is reaching for the gun, if he has gunpowder particulate material in the wound.”

Melinek, who is not involved in the investigation, said the autopsy did not support those who claim Brown was attempting to flee or surrender when Wilson shot him in the street.

Benjamin L. Crump, a lawyer for the Brown family, said Brown’s family and supporters will not be persuaded by the autopsy report or eyewitness statements that back Wilson’s account of the incident.

“The family has not believed anything the police or this medical examiner has said,” Crump said. “They have their witnesses. We have seven witnesses that we know about that say the opposite.”

Crump also said one of the reasons the family and protesters were opposed to a grand jury proceeding was because it gives authorities too much control over what the public would learn about the case, as evidenced by the leaks.

“The family wanted a jury trial that was transparent, not one done in secrecy, not something that they believe is an attempt to sweep their son’s death under the rug,” he said.

The parents of Michael Brown, the black teenager fatally shot by a police officer in Ferguson, Mo., visited Washington to ask the federal government to take over the criminal investigation of his death. (Casey Capachi/The Washington Post)

Wilson’s lawyer, James P. Towey Jr., did not return a call seeking comment.

Seven or eight African American eyewitnesses have provided testimony consistent with Wilson’s account, but none of them have spoken publicly out of fear for their safety, The Washington Post’s sources said.

The St. Louis County Police Department and the FBI are investigating the shooting, and evidence gathered by both agencies is being presented to the grand jury, which started meeting in mid-August and is expected to conclude its work early next month.

The evidence the grand jury is reviewing is voluminous. From the beginning, St. Louis County prosecuting attorney Robert McCulloch decided jurors would hear and review all credible and reliable evidence, including testimony from each eyewitness.

Jurors have also been provided with the St. Louis County autopsy report, including toxicology test results for Brown that show he had levels of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active ingredient in marijuana. The Post’s sources said the levels in Brown’s body may have been high enough to trigger hallucinations.

The county police, the FBI and the Justice Department all declined to comment on the information The Washington Post received regarding testimony and evidence in the case.

“The independent federal investigation into the shooting of Michael Brown is ongoing,” said Dena Iverson, a Justice Department spokeswoman. “We will not comment on irresponsible leaks and rumors about the status of the investigation.”

Tim Fitch, a former St. Louis County Police Chief, said there are benefits to leaking crucial information to the public ahead of a grand jury announcement.

AdvertisementGames - Click Here for More!

“I think it’s good to get some accurate information out there. That way on game day, it’s not a surprise to people,” said Fitch, who retired last year from the county police department, which is now conducting the investigation into Wilson.

Ed Magee, McCulloch’s spokesman, said the leaks won’t stop the deliberations.
“We will continue to present evidence to the grand jury, and our office is not responsible for these leaks.”

During his testimony before the grand jury last month, Wilson told jurors the encounter with Brown and his friend Dorian Johnson began when he ordered the two men to stop walking in the street and get onto the sidewalk.

Things quickly escalated, Wilson told jurors, with Brown shouting an expletive at him and refusing to move to the sidewalk. In August, a lawyer for Johnson said the officer used profanity in ordering them onto the sidewalk.

The Post sources interviewed in recent days said Wilson testified that he stopped his police SUV and opened the door to approach Brown, but the 18-year-old used both hands to slam the door shut, trapping him in his patrol vehicle. Brown then reached through the open window and began to repeatedly punch the officer in the face, Wilson testified.

The officer said he reached for his gun to defend himself, but Brown grabbed it and only let go after it fired twice. Two casings from Wilson’s gun were recovered from the police SUV, the sources said.

After he was shot in the altercation at the vehicle, Brown fled with Johnson, and Wilson testified that he ordered Brown to stop and lower himself to the ground. Instead, Brown turned and moved toward the officer. Wilson said he feared Brown, who was 6-foot-4 and weighed nearly 300 pounds, would overpower him so he repeatedly fired his gun.

Brown was shot at least six times, according to all three autopsies that have been conducted.

The Post-Dispatch, in a story published early Wednesday on Wilson’s account of the incident, cited a single “source with knowledge of his statements” in providing additional details. The story said that Wilson testified that during the struggle at the SUV, Brown pressed the barrel of his gun against the officer’s hip and attempted to prevent Wilson from reaching the trigger of his gun. According to Wilson’s testimony, the Post-Dispatch said, Brown was running toward Wilson when he was fatally shot and that his hands were not up.

The source also told the newspaper that Wilson told jurors he was trapped in the front seat and couldn’t use his pepper spray to subdue Brown because it would have also incapacitated him. His baton was also out of reach, at the back of his utility belt, pinned between his body and the seat. He also did not have a Taser, so he drew his gun, the Post-Dispatch reported.

The autopsy says that Brown was shot in the forehead, twice in the chest and once in the upper right arm. The fatal wound on top of Brown’s head indicates that he was leaning or falling forward and the path of a sixth shot, which hit Brown’s forearm and traveled from the back of his arm to his inner arm, means Brown’s palms were not facing Wilson in an act of surrender, according to analysts cited by the Post-Dispatch.

In interviews with The Washington Post, sources said blood spatter evidence shows that Brown was heading toward the officer during their face-off, but analysis of the evidence did not reveal how fast Brown was moving.

Wilson’s testimony conflicts with several public accounts.

According to Dorian Johnson, after Wilson ordered them out of the street, he put his vehicle in reverse and opened the front door so forcefully that it bounced against the two men.

Johnson has said that Wilson, while still in the SUV, grabbed Brown by his collar. Brown was trying to free himself and never tried to get the gun, Johnson said. Wilson drew his gun and threatened to shoot, then it went off, he said. Johnson and Brown then ran.

“He shot again and once my friend felt that shot he turned around and put his hands in the air and started to get down, and the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and fired several more shots,” Johnson told CBS News in an interview.

Several other witnesses gave media interviews saying they saw activity at the vehicle, but each said they were unclear about the nature of that encounter. They have offered varied though fundamentally similar versions of what happened afterward. Brown, witnesses said, was fleeing when Wilson opened fire on the street. After being hit by a bullet, Brown turned around with his hands up, trying to surrender, when the officer shot him several more times, they said.

Exactly how high Brown’s hands were has been inconsistent in the accounts, and at least one witness said that after Brown was shot, he appeared to take a step toward Wilson. That witness said, however, Brown had his arms around his stomach before hitting the ground.

Protests erupted after the shooting, when demonstrators squared off against police who used tear gas and rubber-coated bullets to try to disperse crowds. Images of police patrolling the streets during the day and clashing with demonstrators at night shocked many and drew concern from the White House and some Washington lawmakers.

The grand jury proceedings are unusual. Typically in a grand jury case, the lead investigator will provide an overview of his findings and perhaps one or two witnesses will testify.

However, McCulloch decided from the beginning that the grand jury in this case would sort through all the evidence. And, instead of telling grand jury members what charges they believe Wilson should face, prosecutors are involving the grand jury as co-investigators.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
manolo

Ferguson

Post by manolo »

kmich

Re: Ferguson

Post by kmich »

The Grand Jury heard the evidence, deliberated, and followed the law. They found no grounds for prosecution. The response of riots, violence, and outrage directed at this process will likely backfire and discredit a movement that has serious value and importance.

The law is stacked against people of color in this country and that needs to be addressed, but demanding the head of Darren Wilson and screaming indignation until that is not provided is the wrong battle to be fighting, to put it mildly. The African American community is in desperate need of serious leadership to carry this fight forward rather than allowing it to impotently spin itself out in an orgy of cathartic outbursts. I don’t see that available at present.
Heracleum Persicum

Folks, I read the Washington Post article "Darren Wilson explains why he killed Michael Brown"

It’s a scene that plays out thousands of times every year all over America: A white cop stops a black teen he thinks is up to no good. The teen resists; there’s an exchange of profanities and maybe an arrest. Mostly, these events are forgotten, except perhaps by those involved. But a handful are not. That’s what happened in Ferguson, Mo., where an Aug. 9 encounter between Michael Brown and officer Darren Wilson ended in death, explosive violence, protest and another bout of national soul-searching about race.

In the months since, Wilson — a tall man, nearly 6-foot-4, with soft, doughy features — was absent from public view while his name became famous. He skipped out on a court appearance. No one in his family spoke on his behalf. His lawyers ignored requests for comment. Even Ferguson’s police chief said he hadn’t spoken to Wilson since Brown’s killing. Wilson was a ghost: a man known in name, but not in flesh. Unanswered questions simmered.

The September testimony he delivered to the grand jury, released Monday after a prosecutor announced that Wilson would not be charged, provides the first and most detailed account directly from Wilson of Brown’s shooting. It varies from many previously published stories — and accusations — about a cop who brazenly shot a youth trying to surrender, some said, with his hands up.

On a hot August day, Wilson drove down a street and spotted two young black men walking down the middle of the road. One wore a black shirt. The other held cigarillos. The details of a robbery earlier that day, blared out on a police radio, clicked into Wilson’s head. Were they suspects? He told the two young men, one of whom was Brown, to move to the sidewalk.

Things then happened very quickly. Wilson said Brown was at his car window, enraged. Wilson said Brown hit him in the face, grabbing for his gun. Two shots fired. Brown bolted down the street. Wilson pursued. As Wilson told it, Brown charged the officer, reaching into his pants. Wilson raised his .40-caliber Sig Sauer and aimed for a lethal shot.

“All I see is his head, and that’s what I shot,” Wilson recalled during a Sept. 16 grand jury session in St. Louis.

Wilson told the story of three minutes of hot confusion, shattered glass, a misfired gun, fear and a look of anger that came across Brown’s face that Wilson said made him “look like a demon.” Wilson said he hasn’t recovered from the shock. “I’m just kind of in shock of what just happened,” he told the grand jury. “I really didn’t believe it because like I said, the whole thing started over ‘will you just walk on the sidewalk.’”

The first thing that struck Wilson about the two young men he saw walking down Canfield Drive’s yellow line was the size difference between them. “Either the first one was really small, or the second one was really big,” Wilson said he thought. After he told the men to get out of the street and walk on the sidewalk, Wilson recalled Brown, the big one, turning to him.

“Brown then replied, ‘f— what you have to say.’ And when he said that, it drew my attention to Brown. It was very unusual and not expected response from a simple request,” said Wilson, who decided the men were possible robbery suspects. He radioed for backup and cut them off with his car, peering out at Brown from inside his squad car.

“As I’m opening the door, he turns, faces me, looks at me and says, ‘What the f— are you going to do about it,’ and shuts my door, slammed it shut,” Wilson said. “… He was just staring at me, almost like to intimidate me or to overpower me. The intense face he had was just not what I expected from any of this.”

Wilson told Brown to “get the f— back,” but Brown allegedly hit Wilson in the side of his face “with a fist…. There was a significant amount of contact that was made to my face,” Wilson testified.

Wilson, who weighs more than 200 pounds, said he grabbed the 6-foot-4-inch Brown. “When I grabbed him, the only way I can describe it is I felt like a five-year-old holding onto Hulk Hogan.” Thoughts raced through Wilson’s head, he said. “What do I do not to get beaten inside my car?” he said he thought.

Was mace an option? Wilson said he decided against it: “The chances of it being effective were slim to none. His hands were in front of his face, it would have blocked the mace from hitting him in the face.” What about his Taser? Wilson wasn’t carrying one. “It is not the most comfortable thing,” he said. “They are very large; I don’t have a lot of room in the front for it to be positioned.”

There was only other option he said he had. “I drew my gun…. He is standing here. I said, ‘Get back or I’m going to shoot you.’ He immediately grabs my gun and says, ‘you are too much of a p—- to shoot me.’” The men struggled for the gun, and Wilson pulled the trigger.

Nothing. “It just clicked,” Wilson testified. “I pull it again. It just clicked. At this point, I’m like ‘why isn’t this working,’ this guy is going to kill me if he gets ahold of this gun.’” It finally goes off and the car’s interior explodes with shattered glass and globs of blood. Wilson looked at the unarmed teen and the teen looked back. “He looked up at me and had the most intense aggressive face. The only way I can describe it, it looks like a demon, that’s how angry he looked. He comes back towards me again with his hands up.” But then, Wilson said Brown hit him again, and the cop couldn’t get his gun to work. It clicked again, until it finally discharged a second time.

Brown took off running, Wilson said. At this point, Wilson said he was confronted with a choice: get out of his car and pursue — or stay put and wait for reinforcement? He chose the former. “My main goal was to keep eyes on him and just keep him contained,” Wilson said. “… If I could buy 30 seconds of time, someone else will be here, we can make the arrest, nothing happens, we are all good. And it didn’t happen that way.”

What did happen, according to Wilson: Brown stopped running at a light pole and confronted Wilson. The cop said he yelled at the youth to get on the ground. “When he looked at me, he made like a grunting, like aggravated sound and he starts, he turns and he’s coming back towards me,” Wilson recalled. “His first step is coming towards me, he kind of does like a stutter step to start running. When he does that, his left hand goes in a fist and goes to his side, his right one goes under his shirt in his waistband and he starts running at me.”

Wilson opened fire. He missed a few times. But he also hit Brown, who “flinched.” What Wilson remembered as “tunnel vision” came over him, homing in on Brown’s right hand in his waistband. “I’m just focusing on that hand when I was shooting.” But the shots, Wilson said, didn’t deter Brown, who continued to charge toward him.

“He was almost bulking up to run through the shots, like it was making him mad that I’m shooting him,” Wilson said. “And the face that he had was looking straight through me, like I wasn’t even there, I wasn’t even anything in his way.”

Wilson took aim at Brown’s head for the shot that would kill the unarmed teen. “When he fell, he fell on his face,” Wilson recalled. “I remember his feet coming up … and then they rested.”

Then came the end.

“When it went into him,” Wilson said, “the demeanor on his face went blank, the aggression was gone, it was gone, I mean I knew he stopped, the threat was stopped.”

What a fiasco .. what a fiasco .. can't be more racist than that

Dark days ahead, Doc, Dark days ahead

Heracleum Persicum

Guiliani claims that most blacks are killed by other blacks.
Is this true ?

The Facts

The “Meet the Press” segment immediately gained attention against the backdrop of a grand jury contemplating whether to charge the white police officer in the Aug. 9, 2014, shooting of a black teenager. The shooting prompted angry residents to demand justice for Brown and alleging racism. Local police responded to the outraged demonstrations with military equipment — raising more questions over police brutality.

Showing a map of cities with the greatest discrepancy between the police racial makeup and the community they serve, Todd asked: “All of those could be future Fergusons. How do you make a police force that looks like the community they serve?”

Giuliani responded by citing a statistic from a 2010 Bureau of Justice Statistics report which did, indeed, conclude that 93 percent of black homicide victims from 1980 through 2008 were killed by black offenders. The statement implied that intraracial violence in black communities is uniquely bad. Giuliani later repeated this statistic in a FOX News interview.

The statement lacks significant context.

As our colleague Philip Bump at The Fix noted, Giuliani omitted the comparable statistic in the report for white homicide victims: 84 percent of white victims were killed by white offenders.

The report found most murders were intraracial, committed by friends or acquaintances of the victim. Stranger homicides were more likely to be interracial, with a lower rate of white-on-black murders than black-on-white murders.

The 2013 FBI Uniform Crime Report, a compilation of annual crime statistics, also shows similar data: 83 percent of white victims were killed by white offenders; 90 percent of black victims were killed by black offenders; 14 percent of white victims were killed by black offenders; and 7.6 percent of black victims were killed by white offenders.

The rate of intraracial homicide in the black community is the reason for the heavy police presence, Giuliani said, and it should be the subject of discussion because it’s so much more prevalent than the shooting of a black victim by a white police officer.

Dyson fired back, calling Giuliani’s explanation “false equivalency” and that police should be held to a higher standard, as they are acting as agents of the state.

In an interview with The Fact Checker, Giuliani agreed that most murders, black or white, are intraracial. Asked why he didn’t note the other half of the statistic in his interview, Giuliani said there “are very few” white intraracial murders compared to black intraracial murders.

It is true that the rate of black homicide victims and offenders were disproportionately represented compared to the general population, the 2011 BJS report found. The black victimization rate (27.8 per 100,000) was six times higher than the white victimization rate (4.5 per 100,000). Black offending rate (34.4 per 100,000) was almost eight times higher than whites (4.5 per 100,000), according to the report.

“The danger to a black child in America is not a white police officer. That’s going to happen less than 1 percent of the time. The danger to a black child … is another black,” Giuliani said. “If my child was shot by a police officer, I would be very, very frustrated. I’d also be frustrated if my son was shot by a gangster in the street. But if the chances were — that my son would be shot by the gangster in the street — nine times out of 10, I’d spend an awful lot of time on the nine times out of 10.”

Where did he get the “less than 1 percent” figure? Giuliani said it was his estimation of the percentage of deadly force by white police officers on black victims, which he described would be a small portion of the percentage of white-on-black murders.

It’s impossible to accurately measure the rate of homicides by police in the United States. The FBI maintains a limited database of self-reported and conservative estimates. But a ProPublica analysis of federal data from 2010 to 2012 found young black males were 21 times more likely to be killed by police than their white counterparts.

Dyson told The Fact Checker that less than 1 percent is still too high.

“When you’re dealing with an unjust situation, the percentages don’t give solace. It’s only 0.5 percent, but if it’s your relative, your kin, that percentage is too high,” Dyson said.

Statements like Giuliani’s perpetuate stereotypes that criminalize black people, he said. And to Giuliani’s point about focusing on violence in the black community, Dyson said there are countless marches and rallies against violence within the black community. But most don’t get the attention that events like Ferguson do.

The Pinocchio Test

Giuliani’s statistic is rooted in Department of Justice studies. But it lacks significant context — especially because race relations and police treatment of minorities are complex and emotionally-charged topics. We also found it difficult to support Giuliani’s personal estimation of the rarity of deadly force by white police officers on black victims, but were limited by the unreliable data on homicides by police.

Ultimately, it is misleading for Giuliani to simplify this topic to the 93 percent statistic and then omit the corresponding statistic for intraracial white murders.

Doc, it ain't good .. poor blacks, they were better off as slaves

and

imagine

you guys preaching to our beloved Iran about human rights :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't stop laughing, Doc, can't

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Guiliani claims that most blacks are killed by other blacks.
Is this true ?

The Facts

The “Meet the Press” segment immediately gained attention against the backdrop of a grand jury contemplating whether to charge the white police officer in the Aug. 9, 2014, shooting of a black teenager. The shooting prompted angry residents to demand justice for Brown and alleging racism. Local police responded to the outraged demonstrations with military equipment — raising more questions over police brutality.

Showing a map of cities with the greatest discrepancy between the police racial makeup and the community they serve, Todd asked: “All of those could be future Fergusons. How do you make a police force that looks like the community they serve?”

Giuliani responded by citing a statistic from a 2010 Bureau of Justice Statistics report which did, indeed, conclude that 93 percent of black homicide victims from 1980 through 2008 were killed by black offenders. The statement implied that intraracial violence in black communities is uniquely bad. Giuliani later repeated this statistic in a FOX News interview.

The statement lacks significant context.

As our colleague Philip Bump at The Fix noted, Giuliani omitted the comparable statistic in the report for white homicide victims: 84 percent of white victims were killed by white offenders.

The report found most murders were intraracial, committed by friends or acquaintances of the victim. Stranger homicides were more likely to be interracial, with a lower rate of white-on-black murders than black-on-white murders.

The 2013 FBI Uniform Crime Report, a compilation of annual crime statistics, also shows similar data: 83 percent of white victims were killed by white offenders; 90 percent of black victims were killed by black offenders; 14 percent of white victims were killed by black offenders; and 7.6 percent of black victims were killed by white offenders.

The rate of intraracial homicide in the black community is the reason for the heavy police presence, Giuliani said, and it should be the subject of discussion because it’s so much more prevalent than the shooting of a black victim by a white police officer.

Dyson fired back, calling Giuliani’s explanation “false equivalency” and that police should be held to a higher standard, as they are acting as agents of the state.

In an interview with The Fact Checker, Giuliani agreed that most murders, black or white, are intraracial. Asked why he didn’t note the other half of the statistic in his interview, Giuliani said there “are very few” white intraracial murders compared to black intraracial murders.

It is true that the rate of black homicide victims and offenders were disproportionately represented compared to the general population, the 2011 BJS report found. The black victimization rate (27.8 per 100,000) was six times higher than the white victimization rate (4.5 per 100,000). Black offending rate (34.4 per 100,000) was almost eight times higher than whites (4.5 per 100,000), according to the report.

“The danger to a black child in America is not a white police officer. That’s going to happen less than 1 percent of the time. The danger to a black child … is another black,” Giuliani said. “If my child was shot by a police officer, I would be very, very frustrated. I’d also be frustrated if my son was shot by a gangster in the street. But if the chances were — that my son would be shot by the gangster in the street — nine times out of 10, I’d spend an awful lot of time on the nine times out of 10.”

Where did he get the “less than 1 percent” figure? Giuliani said it was his estimation of the percentage of deadly force by white police officers on black victims, which he described would be a small portion of the percentage of white-on-black murders.

It’s impossible to accurately measure the rate of homicides by police in the United States. The FBI maintains a limited database of self-reported and conservative estimates. But a ProPublica analysis of federal data from 2010 to 2012 found young black males were 21 times more likely to be killed by police than their white counterparts.

Dyson told The Fact Checker that less than 1 percent is still too high.

“When you’re dealing with an unjust situation, the percentages don’t give solace. It’s only 0.5 percent, but if it’s your relative, your kin, that percentage is too high,” Dyson said.

Statements like Giuliani’s perpetuate stereotypes that criminalize black people, he said. And to Giuliani’s point about focusing on violence in the black community, Dyson said there are countless marches and rallies against violence within the black community. But most don’t get the attention that events like Ferguson do.

The Pinocchio Test

Giuliani’s statistic is rooted in Department of Justice studies. But it lacks significant context — especially because race relations and police treatment of minorities are complex and emotionally-charged topics. We also found it difficult to support Giuliani’s personal estimation of the rarity of deadly force by white police officers on black victims, but were limited by the unreliable data on homicides by police.

Ultimately, it is misleading for Giuliani to simplify this topic to the 93 percent statistic and then omit the corresponding statistic for intraracial white murders.

Doc, it ain't good .. poor blacks, they were better off as slaves

and

imagine

you guys preaching to our beloved Iran about human rights :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't stop laughing, Doc, can't

So people die and you can't stop laughing...

Let me tell you something There is no such thing as "Race" It is a socio-political construct meant to divide people no matter what their cultural heritage is. There is absolutely no scientific basis for different human "Races" Anyone that speaks in terms of "race" are self identifying "racists They are part of the problem Not the solution.

I think I mentioned this here before but let me say it again. I have an old friend from Iran. He was confronted in a bar in the US by a guy that was trying to pick a fight with him this is in 1980. The guy yelled out "This guy is Iranian!!!" To which my friend replied to the then silent bar. "Yes I am Iranian. SO WHAT?"

The people in the bar all came around and shook my friend's hand and told him "Good Job"

Somehow I don't think that would ever turn out like that in Iran

viewtopic.php?p=81924#p81924
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
kmich

Re: The conflict in Ferguson, MO

Post by kmich »

This has nothing to do with Iran.

Even though race is a construct, you cannot understand or talk coherently about our history or our current culture without knowing well the sobering history of race and racism here. That is why I find this whole situation so discouraging. We have allowed ourselves to become political infants who somehow believe that cathartic outbursts of self-pity or of triumphalism are a substitute for hard won wisdom. The extremists in our politics, left and right, seriously need to grow up if they want to participate in the support of a mature, just republic.

Actions and arguments need to be judicious; the right battles need to be picked. The success of the American Civil Rights movement was due in great part to M. L. King's genius in how to do that and, by doing so, challenge the nation to live up to its espoused laws and principles. He appealed to the better, more mature angels of our nature, not to our juvenile narcissism.
Doc

Post by Doc »

kmich wrote:This has nothing to do with Iran.

Even though race is a construct, you cannot understand or talk coherently about our history or our current culture without knowing well the sobering history of race and racism here. That is why I find this whole situation so discouraging. We have allowed ourselves to become political infants who somehow believe that cathartic outbursts of self-pity or of triumphalism are a substitute for hard won wisdom. The extremists in our politics, left and right, seriously need to grow up if they want to participate in the support of a mature, just republic.

Actions and arguments need to be judicious; the right battles need to be picked. The success of the American Civil Rights movement was due in great part to M. L. King's genius in how to do that and, by doing so, challenge the nation to live up to its espoused laws and principles. He appealed to the better, more mature angels of our nature, not to our juvenile narcissism.
When you talk about something like this that does not exist you are feeding the problem. The differences are not written in stone via genetics. This is about changeable culture. There is no such thing as "RACE" other than the Human race. Talking in terms of "Race" therefore is inherently "racist" and not at all helpful making things better. It inherently is divisive in ways that can be used as an excuse not to change personal beliefs and actions.

You can talk coherently of how people have used "Race", a non existence thing, to describe the history. But to be clear that it is only a made up socio-political construct intentioned to divide people is the only way forward. Because that is the truth that many people on all "sides" refuse to see. For "racism" to end they must see this, and come to terms with it.
Last edited by Doc on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmich

Post by kmich »

Doc wrote:

When you talk about something like this that does not exist you are feeding the problem. The differences are not written in stone genetics. This is about changeable culture. There is no such thing as "RACE" other than the Human race. Talking in terms of "Race" therefore is inherently "racist" and not at all helpful making things better. It inherently is divisive in ways that can be used as an excuse not to change personal beliefs and actions.

You can talk coherently of how people of used "Race", a non existence thing, to describe the history. But to be clear that it is only a made up socio-political construct intentioned to divide people is the only way forward. Because that is the truth that many people on all "sides" refuse to see. For "racism" to end they must see this, and come to terms with it.
You cannot deal with a reality of American history and culture, a reality that people have been enslaved, lynched, mutilated, jailed, executed, and discriminated for, by acting like it magically does not exist, or is somehow an imagined "socio-political construct." Your argument is either dishonest or ignorant, or both.
Doc

Post by Doc »

kmich wrote:
Doc wrote:

When you talk about something like this that does not exist you are feeding the problem. The differences are not written in stone genetics. This is about changeable culture. There is no such thing as "RACE" other than the Human race. Talking in terms of "Race" therefore is inherently "racist" and not at all helpful making things better. It inherently is divisive in ways that can be used as an excuse not to change personal beliefs and actions.

You can talk coherently of how people of used "Race", a non existence thing, to describe the history. But to be clear that it is only a made up socio-political construct intentioned to divide people is the only way forward. Because that is the truth that many people on all "sides" refuse to see. For "racism" to end they must see this, and come to terms with it.
You cannot deal with a reality of American history and culture, a reality that people have been enslaved, lynched, mutilated, jailed, executed, and discriminated for, by acting like it magically does not exist, or is somehow an imagined "socio-political construct." Your argument is either dishonest or ignorant, or both.

Look Kmich Where did I say that "racism" never existed? I said it was a made up socio-political construct intended solely to divide people. If you want to continue talking about "race" you, or anyone that does, is part of the problem as that is playing the same old tired ugly game. Saying there is "race" is saying that change is impossible. You said previously that you find the situation depressing. Well if you find it depressing then quit playing the game in terms of "Race" A made up socio-political construct to divide people. Change the rules.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

I'm scratching my head wondering how this could have happened in a Republican city. The worst racial violence in decades.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote:Well if you find it depressing then quit playing the game in terms of "Race" A made up socio-political construct to divide people. Change the rules.
Yes, it's a made-up social construct but one that America can't shake. Sorry, Alice, you can't just close your eyes, click your heels three times, and transport yourself to a color-blind fairy tale. Race is America's original sin. This country was built on slavery and for all the grandiose rhetoric of democracy, liberty, and a shining city on the hill, the plantation is the more realistic metaphor for this nation. That legacy still persists to the present day.
Zack Morris

Re: Ferguson

Post by Zack Morris »

kmich wrote:The Grand Jury heard the evidence, deliberated, and followed the law. They found no grounds for prosecution. The response of riots, violence, and outrage directed at this process will likely backfire and discredit a movement that has serious value and importance.

The law is stacked against people of color in this country and that needs to be addressed, but demanding the head of Darren Wilson and screaming indignation until that is not provided is the wrong battle to be fighting, to put it mildly. The African American community is in desperate need of serious leadership to carry this fight forward rather than allowing it to impotently spin itself out in an orgy of cathartic outbursts. I don’t see that available at present.
Well put.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

If Republicans were smart, they would capitalize on this groundswell of anger at the unconstrained police state. They could lend a sympathetic ear to the disillusioned and mobilize their Congressional majority to meaningfully address a problem that they themselves often bluff and bluster about (at least when Democrats are in power): an armed, militarized police state increasingly at odds with the people it is meant to serve.

Instead, all I see are Republicans mocking blacks and offering unconditional support for police officers. And to think, the epicenter of this social shockwave was a Republican-controlled town!
Zack Morris

Re: What's A Princess to Do....

Post by Zack Morris »

Parodite wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:The Western Knight is nearly sterile and his line seems to be dying and likely soon to be in dire conflict or worse with the Vile Killer Klowns from Islamic Space who the Western Knight foolishly took in as refugees :roll: not being wise enough to realize that Killer Klowns from Islamic Space were Even Worse that than those they fled from......
The vast majority of Muslim refugees that now live in the West are not killer clowns MG, as is the vast majority of the 1.4 billions Muslims world wide. They are law abiding citizens. Many of them will hold and express politically correct views about who is to blame for their misery and perceived-or-real troubles (US foreign policy, Israel.. usually) but that doesn't make them killer clowns. Mind your step.. ;)

And Nonc has valid points about the tradition and literature of Islam: not all is about killing infidels or subduing them; on the contrary. (my critique is that there is too much MPD in there for modern man to anchor himself on so many mixed messages)

Just think Europe in the middle ages: heretics and witches were burned alive at the fire stake, thieves got their hands chopped off.. finger nails pulled out.. cooked alive, limbs removed etc.
Hell, it was only 50 years ago that Europeans rounded up 11 million people and marched them into death camps. To say nothing of the millions more who died fighting or under falling bombs. And to this day, nobody likes to talk about the number starved to death in Bengal by the British as a consequence of their actions and with their full knowledge, a number that is larger even than the Holocaust.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote:If Republicans were smart, they would capitalize on this groundswell of anger at the unconstrained police state. They could lend a sympathetic ear to the disillusioned and mobilize their Congressional majority to meaningfully address a problem that they themselves often bluff and bluster about (at least when Democrats are in power): an armed, militarized police state increasingly at odds with the people it is meant to serve.
Sure the latest round of police militarization was clearly aim at the right by the Obama Admin. Previously police could opt to buy used military equipment Under Obama they can buy new military equipment with Federal grants.
Instead, all I see are Republicans mocking blacks and offering unconditional support for police officers. And to think, the epicenter of this social shockwave was a Republican-controlled town!
The police officer in question has had a 5,000 dollar bounty placed on his head by the new Black Panthers. Not to mention a $1000 on membersof his family.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/11 ... y-members/
Black Revolutionary Group Puts BOUNTY on Darren Wilson & FAMILY MEMBERS!

Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, November 10, 2014, 3:46 PM

darren wilson bounty

On Sunday Ferguson activists put a bounty out on Darren Wilson’s head.
The starting price if $5,000 – paid by RbG Black Rebels and a local invester.

The find Darren Wilson bounty is starting at $5k. Paid by RbG BR & local investor. Looking for current location to ask him a few questions

— RbG Black Rebels (@BlackRebels_Stl) November 9, 2014

In case you were wondering… THe RbG Black Rebels are Pan Africanist, Military Minded, Political Aware, Revolutionary but Gangsta Garveyites. Fighting for Uhuru.

Uhuru is a very radical black power movement in the United States.

rbg

The group is promoting violent revolution.

Today the radical group put a bounty out on Darren Wilson’s family members.
— $1,000 a piece.

Its no secret we looking for Darren Wilson or any of his close relatives. 5k has been offered to locate him 1k per close family members

— RbG Black Rebels (@BlackRebels_Stl) November 10, 2014
That is unacceptable.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Aside from the larger US issues of race and the ongoing militarization of the police,

what bemuses me is the following:

I'm angry about an issue, so how do I respond?

By burning my neighbour's house, various local businesses, and p*ssing in the public water supply*.

In other words, trashing the local community in which I live.

Go figure.

*rhetorical license
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Typhoon wrote:Aside from the larger US issues of race and the ongoing militarization of the police,

By burning my neighbour's house, various local businesses, and p*ssing in the public water supply*.

Go figure.

*rhetorical license
Typhoon,

Riot has no connection to reason, which is why authorities all over the world fear public order breakdowns.

Alex.
Heracleum Persicum

UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, in a statement on Tuesday :

“ I am deeply concerned at the disproportionate number of young African Americans who die in encounters with police officers, as well as the disproportionate number of African Americans in US prisons and the disproportionate number of African Americans on death row ”

Doc, in Iranian prisons, 95 % of prisoners are men who did not pay the agreed sum to their wife .. the other 5% are drug dealers

and

police does not shoot anybody

Shame on America to treat our beloved blacks so bad,

and

as said B4

Barak Hussein, selected and no elected, an ORIO :lol:

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:Aside from the larger US issues of race and the ongoing militarization of the police,

Go figure.

*rhetorical license
It would not surprise me if much of the vandalism/arson that is passed off as protesting and rioting is the settling of old scores between two people who have bad blood/history, or destroying the house, car, business, etc. that one no longer wants or can't afford to pay for, or is no longer worth having.

How many ex-wives/husbands/boyfriends/girlfriends lost property during the "riot/protest?"

Great excuse and timing, investigations will be minimal.
Heracleum Persicum

Go figure.

*rhetorical license

:lol: :lol: .. you were not sayin that when CIA/Mossad/MI5 agents were burning town in Tehran and shooting people excuse being Ahmadinejat election

Colonel, the blacks in America are free game, free to shoot and kill .. they can't take it anymore

tragedy is, things will not get better, rather worst .. that is why all whites are armed to teeth .. they not armed to fight Iranian Basiji invading America, but to f*ck the blacks when they raise their heads demanding be treated like human beings

Not a good place 2B