Levitas

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Levitas

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Enter the Tunnel safely.jpg
Enter the Tunnel safely.jpg (57.92 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Recycling in Japan:

The handy guide:

Citizen. Do it right or receive the sticker of shame:

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

How do the Japanese fit all those containers in their apartments?
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:How do the Japanese fit all those containers in their apartments?
:wink: Such is set of containers is found in various public places.

Mercifully, the konbini - convenience stores typically only have three.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

oLt5qSm9U80
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

For Miss FF. A 19th century hand-knotted rug in the Lightner Museum, St. Augustine, Fl.

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

I need to have a whole collection of those. Next time someone asks for organic almond milk with their Free Trade espresso blend...... well, they won't bother....XD.........
Heracleum Persicum

Ih6LxwdwvlA
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum

funny.jpeg
funny.jpeg (63.7 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
Heracleum Persicum

fP3rigAU7V4

Mother Bear Rescues Baby Bear
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Typhoon wrote:Image
Massive root ball fell back into the hole. Always good to consider with jobs like this, if you do something, what happens next.....;>...........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Kinki no more

Or no more studying at Kinki in Kinki.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Fukuppy :)
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

San Isidro festival suspended after bulls start winning

9Ibw9BjqJpw
-5tT1DIHQjQ
vTeGiv8mdVM
XBjup047zFI
Nonc Hilaire

The Scary Ham

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

A story about getting rid of a deceased father's prized posession.
In the early ‘90s, my father’s brother gave him a Christmas present, a ham. Not the kind in a can, but a full-sized southern-style ham. A Smithfield ham. They are supposed to be aged a bit before serving, hanging for six months or a year in a dry Virginia smokehouse.

My father hung his in a damp Ohio basement.

For twenty years.
http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/05/the-scary-ham

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:
Massive root ball fell back into the hole. Always good to consider with jobs like this, if you do something, what happens next.....;>...........
Indeed. Having seen lots of videos of guys dropping trees on cars, houses, themselves . . .

l3iM4UvOkjw
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:
Indeed. Having seen lots of videos of guys dropping trees on cars, houses, themselves . . .

l3iM4UvOkjw
" I'm going to go out back and saw that tree up. Literally!

Teresa of Ávila
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Dad nearly killed himself sawing a four-inch diametre limb off a maple tree. I don't want to see him tackle that 60ft ash tree in front of the house.....<“>"........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

San Isidro festival suspended after bulls start winning

9Ibw9BjqJpw
A young man stopped at a local restaurant after a day of roaming around in Spain.

While sipping his sangria, he noticed a sizzling, scrumptious-looking platter being served at the next table.

It looked good.

It smelled great.

He asked the waiter, "What is that you just served?"

The waiter replied, "Ah Señor, you have excellent taste! Those are bull's testicles from the bull fight this morning. A true delicacy!"

The visitor, though momentarily daunted, said, "What the heck, I'm on holiday down here! Bring me an order!"

The waiter replied, "I am so sorry Señor.
There is only one serving per day because there is only one bull fight each morning.
If you come early tomorrow and place your order, we will be sure to save you this delicacy!"

The next morning, the man returned, placed his order, and then that evening was served the one and only special delicacy of the day.

After a few bites, and inspecting the contents of his platter, he called to the waiter and said,
"These are delicious, but they are much, much smaller than the ones I saw you serve yesterday!"

The waiter shrugged his shoulders and replied,
"Si, Señor. Sometimes the bull wins."