Mr. Perfect

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Wow. GOP handled drugs very well.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I feel uplifted. Perhaps a morning in America.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Conservatism reborn.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Just a thought.

Foreign policy has since WW2 not been easy for the U.S. Many wars and interventions have been lost, proven futile or created way more problems than they solved. After W Bush, now also Obama is grilled and accused over his foreign policies notably in the Meddle East and North Africa. Failures. How well informed is Obama's fp team?

Should the next POTUS therefor not hire many foreigners into its team from areas and conflict zones and be advised by them? Or journalists who lived many years in a country or zone of conflict to tell him/her the finer details and devils hiding in them?

There never has been a shortage of American fp think-tanks and I'm sure all POTUSes of the last decades took some very "qualified" people in their fp teams. But look at the results, US performance. It is humiliating.
Deep down I'm very superficial
noddy

Post by noddy »

Parodite wrote:Just a thought.

Foreign policy has since WW2 not been easy for the U.S. Many wars and interventions have been lost, proven futile or created way more problems than they solved. After W Bush, now also Obama is grilled and accused over his foreign policies notably in the Meddle East and North Africa. Failures. How well informed is Obama's fp team?

Should the next POTUS therefor not hire many foreigners into its team from areas and conflict zones and be advised by them? Or journalists who lived many years in a country or zone of conflict to tell him/her the finer details and devils hiding in them?

There never has been a shortage of American fp think-tanks and I'm sure all POTUSes of the last decades took some very "qualified" people in their fp teams. But look at the results, US performance. It is humiliating.
i think the old canard for this is that before you declare it a failure you first need to confirm on which metrics are being used.

if the metric is to keep the usa ahead of russia and europe and in control of the worlds money then perhaps the outcome has largely been successful, atleast in the past, maybe no so much the future.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Scott Walker gets the runs.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reason | Ben Carson Is Worried About Secret Muslims Running for President
Seventh Day Adventist's "Taqiya" paranoia shows a disturbing if familiar lack of faith in U.S. institutions.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:Reason | Ben Carson Is Worried About Secret Muslims Running for President
Seventh Day Adventist's "Taqiya" paranoia shows a disturbing if familiar lack of faith in U.S. institutions.
As long as Muslims are a small minority how can this even be a worry. The question should be: has anyone to be worried if Muslims become a majority, or big enough minority. I'd say: there definitely would be reason for concern. See the UK poll by the BBC about free speech/cartoons.
Deep down I'm very superficial
manolo

Post by manolo »

Parodite wrote: As long as Muslims are a small minority how can this even be a worry. The question should be: has anyone to be worried if Muslims become a majority, or big enough minority. I'd say: there definitely would be reason for concern. See the UK poll by the BBC about free speech/cartoons.
Parodite,

Attached is a link on worst towns in the UK. I have found nothing in there about muslims, the complaints are all about 'chavs'. :o No doubt the US is the same with 'rednecks' (the darlings of the GOP) :D

http://www.ilivehere.co.uk/ramsgate-town-hope.html

My own belief is that I have more chance of being stuck by lightning than having a problem with any muslim.

Alex.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

manolo wrote:
Parodite wrote: As long as Muslims are a small minority how can this even be a worry. The question should be: has anyone to be worried if Muslims become a majority, or big enough minority. I'd say: there definitely would be reason for concern. See the UK poll by the BBC about free speech/cartoons.
Parodite,

Attached is a link on worst towns in the UK. I have found nothing in there about muslims, the complaints are all about 'chavs'. :o No doubt the US is the same with 'rednecks' (the darlings of the GOP) :D

http://www.ilivehere.co.uk/ramsgate-town-hope.html

My own belief is that I have more chance of being stuck by lightning than having a problem with any muslim.

Alex.
alex,

In the interests of being stereotypically accurate in broadbrushing:
1. White rednecks are the darlings of the republicans.
2. Black rednecks are the darling of the democrats.
3. All the remaining rednecks are being courted by both parties.

Politics is the art of inclusion....... other wise one is a racist, a Nazi, or a hater.
;)
noddy

Post by noddy »

i agree manolo.

the chances of my life being stuffed up are almost 100% from white causes - be it drugged out trash bashing/robbing me or be it progressives voting themselves more of my resources and rights.

aslong as muslims are not in charge of the place im perfectly happy with them arriving in small doses, maybe 1 muslim for every 2 chinese or something like that.

preferably middle class iranian or turkish ones, they are great - rural arabs full of wahabi crap, not so much.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:i agree manolo.

the chances of my life being stuffed up are almost 100% from white causes - be it drugged out trash bashing/robbing me or be it progressives voting themselves more of my resources and rights.

aslong as muslims are not in charge of the place im perfectly happy with them arriving in small doses, maybe 1 muslim for every 2 chinese or something like that.

preferably middle class iranian or turkish ones, they are great - rural arabs full of wahabi crap, not so much.
Amen Brother! er, uh, I mean inshallah!

Oddly enough, the amount of problems people cause seem directly proportional to their numerical representation in the population.

everybody likes minorities in small doses. but when they become majorities, they get too full of themselves.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:

Oddly enough, the amount of problems people cause seem directly proportional to their numerical representation in the population.

everybody likes minorities in small doses. but when they become majorities, they get too full of themselves.
one of the things i find most ironic is the people that think that because aus/usa are post colonial immigrant countries they should be open to mass immigration.

noone is more aware of just how mass imigration left the original culture an isolated stranger in its own land than australians or americans :P
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Fears over Muslims stirred by Republicans
shift from anti-Hispanic to anti-Islamic

Muslims have replaced Hispanics as the focus of verbal attacks on the US campaign trail with Donald Trump shifting his anti-immigrant focus to people of the Islamic faith.

Don't understand

If somebody says anything against Jews, he will be skinned alive .. can any candidate say Jews can not be president ?

Critics say such rhetoric moves the US away from its founding principle that all people are equal. It also hearkens back to the anti-Catholic sentiment that existed in America decades ago and that some people thought would prevent John F Kennedy, a Catholic, from winning the 1960 presidential election.
:lol: :lol:
Mr Trump on Sunday refused to row back his stance by insisting that while Muslims are “such fabulous people”, the US needed to abandon political correctness and tackle a “severe problem”, in an apparent but unclear reference to radical Islam.
come on
Gallup released a poll in June which showed that 60 per cent of American adults would support a Muslim for president, but that number fell to 44 per cent when the people polled were protestants.

In contrast, 73 per cent of respondents said they would back an evangelical Christian and 74 per cent said they would support a gay candidate, an increase of almost 20 points from eight years ago.

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

one of the things i find most ironic is the people that think that because aus/usa are post colonial immigrant countries they should be open to mass immigration.

noone is more aware of just how mass imigration left the original culture an isolated stranger in its own land than australians or americans :P
Until they formed a mob and started bullying those with whom they disgreed, I thought the 99% were just like everyone else :shock:
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:

Until they formed a mob and started bullying those with whom they disgreed, I thought the 99% were just like everyone else :shock:
i think the 1% + others + 99% and maths is suspicious... them 99 percenters are like that.
ultracrepidarian
manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

This thread is going over my head.

Alex.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
i think the 1% + others + 99% and maths is suspicious... them 99 percenters are like that.
Yer makin this way to complexicated.. Any one who don't think like me is a probably a 1%er.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reason | Is America Ready for a Scientologist President?

My guess is that Scientology will one day end up as a mainstream religion.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

As the US campaigns head into a boring stretch, there is a need for some entertainment.

"Yes, I Drank the Goat's Blood," Says Florida's Pagan, Libertarian, "Genius-Level" Senate Candidate
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

Reason | Is America Ready for a Scientologist President?

My guess is that Scientology will one day end up as a mainstream religion.

You Scientologist :lol: