Egypt

Ibrahim

Re: Egypt

Post by Ibrahim »

Rhapsody wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Rhapsody wrote:There probably are too many Arab Breiviks for things to resolve any time soon.
Dust of your copy of his manifesto and see if there is any overlap. Cute/ironic effort to shoehorn that comparison in there though.
Wasn't sure if you actually are aware of the Arab Breivik to exist... FYI; he does.
There are Arab white supremacists who read Robert Spencer religiously and fear Muslim immigration into Europe? Neat.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Ibrahim wrote:
Rhapsody wrote:Wasn't sure if you actually are aware of the Arab Breivik to exist... FYI; he does.
There are Arab white supremacists who read Robert Spencer religiously and fear Muslim immigration into Europe? Neat.
Arab type a/b/c/... ethno-religious supremacists who read the Quran religiously and fear not only Jewish immigration, but violently respond to any opposing entities in their environment. They want to bully and dominate. When you have seen one type of Breivik you have seen them all.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Parodite wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Rhapsody wrote:Wasn't sure if you actually are aware of the Arab Breivik to exist... FYI; he does.
Arab type a/b/c/... ethno-religious supremacists who read the Quran religiously and fear not only Jewish immigration, but violently respond to any opposing entities in their environment. They want to bully and dominate.

Wouldn't that make them like al-Zarqawi? Breivik is conspicuous for being a white supremacist European. Seems a little Eurocentric not to let Arabs have their own bogeymen.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Ibrahim wrote:
Parodite wrote:Arab type a/b/c/... ethno-religious supremacists who read the Quran religiously and fear not only Jewish immigration, but violently respond to any opposing entities in their environment. They want to bully and dominate.
Wouldn't that make them like al-Zarqawi? Breivik is conspicuous for being a white supremacist European. Seems a little Eurocentric not to let Arabs have their own bogeymen.
They all tap from the same mind set. They are the same animal - how could it be otherwise? - so let's be fair to the animal and not turn it into a circus act putting on hats and funny noses.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Rhapsody wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Parodite wrote:Arab type a/b/c/... ethno-religious supremacists who read the Quran religiously and fear not only Jewish immigration, but violently respond to any opposing entities in their environment. They want to bully and dominate.
They all tap from the same mind set.
No, you and Breivik share a mind set. The Arabs generally, or whatever subgroup you are trying to refer to here without and specific knowledge of Egypt, are operating under different motivations.
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Ibrahim wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:Some are calling this report bs.

Egyptian police torture 88, kill 34 under President Morsi: Rights report

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... nt-Mo.aspx
In a recent report published by the Cairo-based Nadim Centre for the Rehabilitation of Torture Victims, 34 cases of death, 88 cases of torture, and seven cases of sexual assault at the hands of Egyptian police were recorded during Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi's first 100 days in office.

In the time period cited, the report recorded a total of over 247 cases of alleged police brutality.

The report states that at least 34 people were killed by police in police stations, prisons and in public areas. According to the report, the killings were generally the result of live ammunition used to disperse protesters.
No doubt abuses are occurring. The police, military, and other internal security services were torturing and killing people for Mubarak (and Bush II) for decades, and after the Iraqi example of what happens when you summarily fire everybody who worked for the previous regime most of these guys still have jobs.

It's also unknown how much of the security apparatus is under Morsi's control, or old Generals, or what. Not to say that this is "ok," or Morsi isn't involved in any abuses, but its not exactly shocking and it would be hasty to conclude that this is representative of Morsi's domestic policies. Though it may turn out to be, which would be sad.
He is involved. Mubarak with a beard they are calling him.

Interior ministry aims to recreate Mubarak-era emergency law: Rights activists

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... -emer.aspx

President Morsi considering new emergency laws: Justice Minister

State-owned daily Al-Ahram sparked nation-wide debates last week after it leaked a controversial new draft law entitled “protection the revolution’s gains." The circulating articles, which bore a striking similarity to Egypt’s notorious 30-year-long emergency law, critics said threatened human rights and freedoms.

In the wake of the critical backlash by human rights activists and the media, Minister of State for Legal and Parliamentary Affairs Mohamed Mahsoub quickly denied the existence of the draft law, saying it was “merely incorrect media speculation” on his Twitter account.

Nevertheless, his statement did not close the topic, as the alleged draft legislation was almost identical to an earlier law entitled the “protection of society from dangerous individuals” presented to President Mohamed Morsi by the Ministry of Interior, alongside five other restrictive laws, in August this year

I thought Tantawi retired..

We were 'forced' to reactivate the emergency law: Tantawi

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... w-Tan.aspx
Egypt’s military ruler Field Marshall Hussein Tantawi has justified his recent decision to reactivate and revamp unpopular emergency laws, saying that the current security crisis in Egypt was behind the move.

“No one among us wants a state of emergency, but the security crisis Egypt has faced recently, forced us to do this,” Tantawi said on Monday. “Now you have wives being kidnapped in the street right in front of their husbands.”

Tantawi added the state of emergency will be ended as soon as the security vacuum improves, stressing that it will take the combined efforts of the Egyptian people, along with the security forces to bring back stability to the country.

Egypt has been struggling with a public safety crisis and an increase in crime after the police forces famously deserted the streets at the height of the uprising against Mubarak on 28 January.

Well, you should be happy then. Arabs need a dictator. Now its the Wolfman instead of Dracula.
If he is fair and just, sure. Not likely.
:roll:
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Parodite wrote:There probably are too many Arab Breiviks for things to resolve any time soon.
Far from what is going on.
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Hans Bulvai wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:Some are calling this report bs.

Egyptian police torture 88, kill 34 under President Morsi: Rights report

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... nt-Mo.aspx
In a recent report published by the Cairo-based Nadim Centre for the Rehabilitation of Torture Victims, 34 cases of death, 88 cases of torture, and seven cases of sexual assault at the hands of Egyptian police were recorded during Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi's first 100 days in office.

In the time period cited, the report recorded a total of over 247 cases of alleged police brutality.

The report states that at least 34 people were killed by police in police stations, prisons and in public areas. According to the report, the killings were generally the result of live ammunition used to disperse protesters.
No doubt abuses are occurring. The police, military, and other internal security services were torturing and killing people for Mubarak (and Bush II) for decades, and after the Iraqi example of what happens when you summarily fire everybody who worked for the previous regime most of these guys still have jobs.

It's also unknown how much of the security apparatus is under Morsi's control, or old Generals, or what. Not to say that this is "ok," or Morsi isn't involved in any abuses, but its not exactly shocking and it would be hasty to conclude that this is representative of Morsi's domestic policies. Though it may turn out to be, which would be sad.
He is involved. Mubarak with a beard they are calling him.

Interior ministry aims to recreate Mubarak-era emergency law: Rights activists

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... -emer.aspx

President Morsi considering new emergency laws: Justice Minister

State-owned daily Al-Ahram sparked nation-wide debates last week after it leaked a controversial new draft law entitled “protection the revolution’s gains." The circulating articles, which bore a striking similarity to Egypt’s notorious 30-year-long emergency law, critics said threatened human rights and freedoms.

In the wake of the critical backlash by human rights activists and the media, Minister of State for Legal and Parliamentary Affairs Mohamed Mahsoub quickly denied the existence of the draft law, saying it was “merely incorrect media speculation” on his Twitter account.

Nevertheless, his statement did not close the topic, as the alleged draft legislation was almost identical to an earlier law entitled the “protection of society from dangerous individuals” presented to President Mohamed Morsi by the Ministry of Interior, alongside five other restrictive laws, in August this year

I thought Tantawi retired..

We were 'forced' to reactivate the emergency law: Tantawi

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... w-Tan.aspx
Egypt’s military ruler Field Marshall Hussein Tantawi has justified his recent decision to reactivate and revamp unpopular emergency laws, saying that the current security crisis in Egypt was behind the move.

“No one among us wants a state of emergency, but the security crisis Egypt has faced recently, forced us to do this,” Tantawi said on Monday. “Now you have wives being kidnapped in the street right in front of their husbands.”

Tantawi added the state of emergency will be ended as soon as the security vacuum improves, stressing that it will take the combined efforts of the Egyptian people, along with the security forces to bring back stability to the country.

Egypt has been struggling with a public safety crisis and an increase in crime after the police forces famously deserted the streets at the height of the uprising against Mubarak on 28 January.

Well, you should be happy then. Arabs need a dictator. Now its the Wolfman instead of Dracula.
If he is fair and just, sure. Not likely.
Can you think of any fair and just dictators?

I'm open to the idea that Morsi isn't working out, but hopefully that doesn't turn into Mubarak nostalgia among the Western comentariat that couldn't really care less anyway. "I don't really know or care about this issue, but I might as well back the wrong side anyway." --op-ed columnists
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Ibrahim wrote: Can you think of any fair and just dictators?
No.
That's why the Arabs are doomed.
Too many years of misery coupled with some real selfish assholes that seem to get their hands on the reins of power.
A sad state of affairs.
Arabs are generally good people. They have their quirks, but good people.
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Hans Bulvai wrote:
No.
Too many years of misery coupled with some real selfish assholes that seem to get their hands on the reins of power.
A sad state of affairs.
So why are they "doomed?"
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Ibrahim wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
No.
A sad state of affairs.
PanterA wrote: Now a new look in my eyes my spirit rise
Forget the past
Present tense works and lasts
Got lavender on
Pissed on
Spit on
Stepped on
Fucked with
Pointed at by lesser men

[Pre]
New life in place of old life
Unscarred by trials

[Chorus]
A new level of confidence and power

Demanding plea for unity between us all --
United stand
Death before divided fall
In mock military order
Vulgar
Power
Impatient
Because time is shorter

[Pre]

[Chorus]

No genuflecting surrender
Can't lose
Life kills
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Ibrahim wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
No.
A sad state of affairs.
Because there are many amongst them who are scum that get supported into positions of power.
That and too emotional. But many years under the boot will do that where there are no positive outlets.
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Hans Bulvai wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
No.
A sad state of affairs.
Because there are many amongst them who are scum that get supported into positions of power.
That and too emotional. But many years under the boot will do that where there are no positive outlets.
But that doesn't mean they are doomed. It just suggests future political instability. It doesn't seem to bother the Afghans, they've had political instability for 2500+ years.
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Ibrahim wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
No.
A sad state of affairs.
But that doesn't mean they are doomed. It just suggests future political instability. It doesn't seem to bother the Afghans, they've had political instability for 2500+ years.
You know more than most that there is nothing political about dictatorshits.
Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Bahrain, Somalia, egypt, Iraq, Tunisia and very soon Jordan do not fall in the political instability realm. It is flat out murder and misery.
I don't envy the Afghans on their situtation either.
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Hans Bulvai wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
No.
A sad state of affairs.
Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Bahrain, Somalia, egypt, Iraq, Tunisia and very soon Jordan do not fall in the political instability realm. It is flat out murder and misery.
That's what political instability is. As far as I'm concerned instability is preferable to living under a dictator. The Afghans say it and mean it, and I find more to admire in, say, current Libyan or Egyptian disarray than I did in Mubarak or Gaddafi dictatorships.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I think to imply that Afghans are unstable on purpose is... unsupportable.
Censorship isn't necessary
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Ibrahim wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

That's what political instability is. As far as I'm concerned instability is preferable to living under a dictator. The Afghans say it and mean it, and I find more to admire in, say, current Libyan or Egyptian disarray than I did in Mubarak or Gaddafi dictatorships.
And that's why they are doomed. Either dictatorshits or "disarray"; although people of the same nation killing each other is a little more extreme than just disarray. They are just paving their way to another dictatorshit.
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Hans Bulvai wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Hans Bulvai wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

And that's why they are doomed. Either dictatorshits or "disarray"; although people of the same nation killing each other is a little more extreme than just disarray. They are just paving their way to another dictatorshit.

Maybe. Either way its better to show a little fight, IMO.
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

The saga continues

'Abused' Brotherhood has become the 'abuser': Psychiatrist
http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent ... hiatr.aspx
Prominent Egyptian psychiatrist Ahmed Okasha, head of the Egyptian Psychiatry Association, asserted Wednesday that the so-called "Brotherhoodisation of the state" has already taken place. His statements came during an interview with Al-Arabia news channel.

Oskasha explained that the Muslim Brotherhood is pursuing the same road as the dissolved National Democratic Party (NDP).

"Usually, the abused takes the same road of his abuser," said Okasha, using the example of Israeli torment of the Palestinians, which is similar to Jewish torment under Hitler.

Elaborating on the point, Okasha gave the example of the Brotherhood's claim that they would compete in the upcoming parliamentary elections for 100 per cent of the available seats.

"Isn't Mubarak's statement, 'Let them enjoy their time,' one of the main reasons behind the revolution?" questioned Okasha.

For Okasha, it is expected that the first parliament and government after a revolution wouldn't be better than that it replaced, elaborating that all the regimes after the Orabi revolution in 1880 oppressed the people.

Okasha said that the collective conscience of the Egyptian people after January 25 Revolution was in a state of fragmentation and flux.

"People now suffer from anxiety, fear, depression, and dealing with a vague future," Okasha said.

Accordingly, many people now tend towards extreme positions, whether in love, hatred, revenge or even religion.
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Juggernaut Nihilism

Post by Juggernaut Nihilism »

This is badass:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/06/world ... .html?_r=0
Harassers of Women in Cairo Now Face Wrath of Vigilantes

The young activists lingered on the streets around Tahrir Square, scrutinizing the crowds of holiday revelers. Suddenly, they charged, pushing people aside and chasing down a young man. As the captive thrashed to get away, the activists pounded his shoulders, flipped him around and spray-painted a message on his back: “I’m a harasser.”
"The fundamental rule of political analysis from the point of psychology is, follow the sacredness, and around it is a ring of motivated ignorance."
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Good News....... Support for the Egyptian Beauty Shop Ladies

Post by monster_gardener »

Juggernaut Nihilism wrote:This is badass:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/06/world ... .html?_r=0
Harassers of Women in Cairo Now Face Wrath of Vigilantes

The young activists lingered on the streets around Tahrir Square, scrutinizing the crowds of holiday revelers. Suddenly, they charged, pushing people aside and chasing down a young man. As the captive thrashed to get away, the activists pounded his shoulders, flipped him around and spray-painted a message on his back: “I’m a harasser.”
Thank you VERY Much for your post, Juggernaut...

This could be VERY good news.......

Reminds me of the Egyptian Beauty Salon Ladies beating up the MUTTawen ;) Son of a Bitch ;) Religious Police Wannabes....
A surprise raid on an Egyptian beauty salon was part of a string of similar inspection checks on other retail businesses to check that shop owners and customers abided with “God’s law.”

A group of ultra-conservative Salafis got more than they bargained for after bursting into a beauty salon in the Egyptian town of Benha in an attempt to enforce “God’s law” on the women inside reported the online newspaper, Bikya Masr.

The women were told to stop what they were doing or face physical punishment from the group.

But instead of complying out of fear, or calling for help, the women took matters into their own hands by striking back.

They beat and whipped the vigilante gang “with their own canes before kicking them out to the street in front of an astonished crowd of onlookers,” Egyptian online newspaper, Bikya Masr, reported.

The surprise raid on the salon was part of a string of similar “inspection checks” on other retail businesses to check for compliance and that shop owners and customers abided with “God’s law.”

This included telling shop owners “they could no longer sell ‘indecent’ clothing, barbers could no longer shave men’s beards, and that all retail businesses should expect regular and surprise inspections to check for compliance,” the newspaper added.

It is unclear how other shop owners and customers have responded to the Salafi patrols in Egypt, similar to Saudi Arabia’s morality police.

The strict segregation of the sexes is encouraged within the Salafi sect, with many of its women wearing the niqab and gown for full coverage.

The Egyptian group has also reportedly smashed Christmas trees and decorations in front of stores and malls, declaring the celebration of Christmas “haram” or forbidden.
‘Morality police’ links to al-Nour

The newspaper linked the vigilantes to the newly-established group, the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice.

It announced its presence in Egypt the Dec. 25 through a new Facebook page carrying a statement linking it to the infamous body by the same name in Saudi Arabia.

http://www.muslimwomennews.com/n.php?nid=6590
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Jnalum Persicum

Post by Jnalum Persicum »

CAIRO – Islamists have filed defamation suits against Mohamed ElBaradei, claiming the Nobel Peace Prize laureate referred to them as “clowns” . .

Islamists have filed at least 40 complaints against ElBaradei for disparaging comments he made at a news conference in southern Egypt last week. The suits reflect the animosity between secularists, such as ElBaradei, and Islamists, who are seeking to instill Sharia law in the constitution.

ElBaradei, the former director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, has been a voice for change in Egypt, supporting youth groups in last year’s uprising that overthrew Hosni Mubarak. After Mohamed Morsi, an Islamist, was elected president in June, ElBaradei repeatedly called for an inclusive government and a constitutional assembly to represent all Egyptians, not just Islamists.

The 100-member assembly, which is dominated by Islamists, is expected to finish the constitution in December. It will then go to a referendum. The lawsuits against ElBaradei – Mubarak officials used similar tactics to silence critics – suggest Islamists, including the Muslim Brotherhood, are attempting to isolate a popular reformist political leader.

Morsi is an American agent .. probably a CIA crony .. that is why US (and Israel) support him

ElBaradei is the guy who could save Egypt

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

AP | Egypt's Morsi grants himself far-reaching powers

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Crocus sativus

Post by Crocus sativus »

Typhoon wrote:.

AP | Egypt's Morsi grants himself far-reaching powers

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss . .

Rhubarb foolin nobody

and

CIA done , well done

not gonno work