GENOCIDE

A Mari usque ad Mare
Apollonius

GENOCIDE

Post by Apollonius »

That was the headline on Canada's most widely read newspaper, The Toronto Star.

Inquiry into missing and murdered Indigenous women issues final report with sweeping calls for change - John Paul Tasker, CBC News, 3 June 2019
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mmiwg- ... -1.5158223

The report, being released today in Ottawa, calls on government and police to address endemic violence

Canada aimed to 'destroy Indigenous people': The MMIWG inquiry's case for genocide - Jorge Barrera, CBC News, 3 June 2019
https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/geno ... -1.5160941

Continues today with over-apprehension of children, lack of police protection, report says
Apollonius

Re: GENOCIDE

Post by Apollonius »

Here's the BBC:

Canada complicit in 'race-based genocide' - BBC News, 3 June 2019
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48503545

Canada is complicit in a "race-based genocide" against indigenous women, a long-awaited government inquiry has concluded.

The report found indigenous women were 12 times more likely to be killed or to disappear than other women in Canada.

Released Monday, the report was many years in the making.

Among more than 200 recommendations is a call for all Canadians to help end violence, including by learning indigenous history.

The CBC journalist quoted above interviewed on NPR:

Investigating a 'Canadian Genocide' of Indigenous women - Lulu Garcia-Navarro interviewed by Jorge Barrera, NPR, 2 June 2019
https://www.npr.org/2019/06/02/72905035 ... nous-women

GARCIA-NAVARRO: The commission was charged with coming up with recommendations to address the causes of violence and increase the safety of Indigenous women, right? So what are some of those recommendations?

BARRERA: They want to change, in the criminal code, to make any homicide connected to an intimate partner relationship where there's a pattern of violence to classify it immediately as a first-degree murder, which commands more jail time on conviction, like a 20-year sentence, which is called life here in Canada. And the other one is to consider violence against Indigenous women and girls an aggravating factor at sentencing.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: So basically, if you're an Indigenous woman and a crime is committed against you, that should be a factor that is considered in the case.

BARRERA: Yes.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: So do you think this report, when it's released formally tomorrow, in what the government is calling a solemn national ceremony, will bring closure to these families? And what's been the reaction of the First Nations of Canada?

BARRERA: It's been mixed. On the one hand, the conclusion of genocide by the inquiry is something that has been welcomed from Indigenous leadership in terms of this is validating what we've said for a long time. What I have heard is that there is some criticism that this conclusion may actually overshadow the specific issue of violence against Indigenous women and girls. And the process itself was deemed problematic by some families who felt that they had been left out or their needs weren't adequately met by the report.
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

The ultimate ‘concept creep’: How a Canadian inquiry strips the word ‘genocide’ of meaning - Jonathan Kay, Quillette, 3 June 2019
https://quillette.com/2019/06/03/the-ul ... f-meaning/

... In April, Quillette authors Vincent Harinman and Rob Henderson wrote about “concept creep,” a term coined by University of Melbourne professor Nick Haslam to describe how ideas such as abuse, bullying, trauma and prejudice all have been expanded to encompass unrelated forms of human behaviour. Even words such as “violence” and “safety,” which once referred quite specifically to physical forms of injury, now are used to impugn controversial words or even abstract ideas. The cheapening of the term “genocide” presents an extreme example of this trend. A word once generally reserved for the greatest crimes known to humankind now has been reduced to a facile moral hashtag.

This has been done with the full participation of many journalists, who always are happy to draw readers in with dark click-bait headlines that channel the idea of holocaust. On Saturday, for instance, Canada’s most widely read daily newspaper, the Toronto Star, splashed the blood-red word “GENOCIDE” across its front page, along with a sub-headline indicating that “the final report from a tumultuous three-year inquiry concludes that thousands of missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls” were this genocide’s victims. By way of comparison, another article that appeared on the same front page informed readers that “A few weeks at summer camp leave lessons to last a lifetime.” Between the two, which do you think will sell more newspapers?
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Some comments:

So the homicide rate for Indigenous women is 4.82, and the overall rate was 7.20 for Indigenous. This would suggest that the homicide rate for Indigenous men is 9.6 (assuming 50/50 gender ratio), but is there any comparable concern for all these dead males? And what proportion of these Indigenous homicides also have an Indigenous killers, because I believe genocide also typically requires the killers to be of a different race, religion, or tribe/nationality?

Are the government commissions also considering the possibility that the higher Indigenous homicide rate is not primarily due to a legacy of discrimination, racism, or genocidal policy, but is instead part of a violence prone native culture? From what we know how many N. American native tribal histories, they were often in brutal combat with each other, and to the extent that such combat was not genocidal was likely due to the low level of technology and resources available for them to utilize, at least until white settlers arrived with more deadly and efficient ways of killing.

It’s tough to actually find the identity of the killers or much discussion at all, because, well, the Grievance community wants this to be a genocide.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/po ... e23868927/

Question:
"Seriously – what is the word for genocide by your own people?"

Answer:
"It’s called progressivism."
noddy

Post by noddy »

the word racist is losing meaning rapidly, i dare say genocide will end up the same way at the current rate.

one day someone is going to be honest and say the plain truth that the real reason we will never ever adjust society to suit the needs of the marginalised natives has nothing todo with the natives and everything todo with the bottom 50% of our own society.

if there was an escape route from wage slavery, the percentage of society which took that option would make this whole shitshow collapse.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Great posts Apollonius. It saddens to hear the same mental disorders exist in the Canadian elitists, as in the US elitists. It's a bit too late for a border wall to protect you guys.

I thought white guilt was only an American pathology.

Sometimes fire walls are a better idea than border walls.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:Great posts Apollonius. It saddens to hear the same mental disorders exist in the Canadian elitists, as in the US elitists. It's a bit too late for a border wall to protect you guys.

One has the impression that, in the West, the chattering classes have collectively gone insane.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Colonel Sun wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:Great posts Apollonius. It saddens to hear the same mental disorders exist in the Canadian elitists, as in the US elitists. It's a bit too late for a border wall to protect you guys.

One has the impression that, in the West, the chattering classes have collectively gone insane.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Colonel Sun wrote:

He was easy to identify as he is sporting a barcode on his forehead.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Image[/quote]

"Live at nine on the Social Justice Pay-for-View channel, What Goes Around, Comes Around (WWGACA)........."

When it comes to social justice, Merkins have a lot to learn from the Canucks. eh?

They do social justice right up there. eh?

this guy took the Social Justice passage in the Old Testament, "An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth." literally.

or maybe it was the Social Justice passage in the New Testament, "Tis better to give than receive."
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Turns out that the numbers of Indigenous missing and murdered women were grossly misrepresented. The online version of the report has been corrected. The print version will remain uncorrected because "even critics of the MMIWG inquiry say it shouldn't be judged only by the reliability of its numbers."

MMIWG final report quietly altered after CBC inquired about errors - Evan Dyer, CBC News, 3 September 2019
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/missin ... -1.5176756

Report contained errors that were fixed online, but allowed to remain on the official record

.. The introduction to the MMIWG inquiry final report says that taking a long-term view, using statistics going as far back as the 1980s, "can be misleading: this number represents an average over a long time span, which obscures the increasing severity of the problem — namely, that Indigenous women and girls now make up almost 25 per cent of homicide victims."

That 25 per cent statistic carries a footnote linking to a 2017 Statistics Canada report: Women and the Criminal Justice System, by Tina Hotton Mahony, Joanna Jacob and Heather Hobson.

However, that report says Indigenous women in 2015 accounted for 24 per cent of female homicide victims, not of overall homicide victims. (Most homicide victims are male.)

The national MMIWG inquiry's director of research, Karine Duhamel, acknowledged that "we should have said 'of female homicide victims.'"

CBC News examined government homicide statistics for the past four years and concluded that the percentage of murder victims who are both Indigenous and female was lower: slightly under six per cent of all victims.

Presented with the calculations, Duhamel acknowledged that "while we haven't seen that six per cent figure used before, it seems about right."
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

'This is a country built on genocide': Canadians appalled by 751 unmarked graves - Yahoo! News, 24 June 2021
https://ca.rogers.yahoo.com/news/canada ... 11659.html

Yesterday they ran this same story with the headline:

'What kind of monsters would celebrate Canada Day this year?'

Adding:
Cowessess First Nation has confirmed that 751 unmarked graves have been found on the grounds of the former Saskatchewan Marieval Indian Residential School.

'Now we have evidence'

Of what, I wonder. There's no evidence that the kids were abused. The number is an estimate based on having actually found half-a-dozen graves.

Most of those buried on residential school grounds probably died over a hundred years ago. People died. Kids died. What shape were they in by the time they got to school? Even today 80-90% of Canadian foster kids are Native. Nobody seems to want them ... not even other Natives.

Regardless, the media and Native leaders have presented a particular version of what happened and that has provoked a strong response.

One of half-a-dozen churches torched:

Catholic church north of Edmonton destroyed in fire
- Alex Antoneshyn, CTV News, 30 June 2021
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/catholic-ch ... -1.5491294

EDMONTON -- A fire that destroyed a Catholic church north of Edmonton early Wednesday morning is being considered suspicious by police.

Firefighters were called shortly after 3 a.m. on June 30 and three hours later, were still extinguishing hot spots at St. Jean Baptiste Parish.

Despite help from neighbouring community fire departments, the Roman Catholic church on Morinville's main thoroughfare had been badly damaged.

Across the street, local residents watched as a century of history crumbled before their eyes.

Construction on the church finished in 1907 and it hosted its first mass on Jan. 1, 1908. It was named after Father Jean Baptiste Morin, who led several Francophone families to the Morinville area from Quebec in 1891.

Our CBC only carried this story for a few hours so they could get back to very important accusations of 'genocide', while many Native leaders and their brokers called for Canada Day to be cancelled.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

They are repackaging known deaths from TB and Flu outbreaks in dorms during the late 19th/early 20th century for propaganda purposes. The worst of it came during WWI with the Spanish flu, as resources were strained.

Like many poor gravesites if there was any marker at all, it would've been wooden and degraded by this point. Space would be used up, with plots holding multiple bodies, but by all reports trickling out, they are spaced in the same way you'd find in a regular cometary. Imagine that.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Apollonius wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:10 am 'This is a country built on genocide': Canadians appalled by 751 unmarked graves - Yahoo! News, 24 June 2021

Yesterday they ran this same story with the headline:

'What kind of monsters would celebrate Canada Day this year?'

Adding:
Cowessess First Nation has confirmed that 751 unmarked graves have been found on the grounds of the former Saskatchewan Marieval Indian Residential School.

'Now we have evidence'
Of what, I wonder. There's no evidence that the kids were abused. The number is an estimate based on having actually found half-a-dozen graves.

Agreed that a forensic autopsies are required.

This issue is making the international news.
Do you have a link for the statement "The number is an estimate based on having actually found half-a-dozen graves."
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:16 am They are repackaging known deaths from TB and Flu outbreaks in dorms during the late 19th/early 20th century for propaganda purposes.
Plausible. From what I've read these residential schools operation until 1996, so the dates of the graves are key.
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:16 am Like many poor gravesites if there was any marker at all, it would've been wooden and degraded by this point. Space would be used up, with plots holding multiple bodies, but by all reports trickling out, they are spaced in the same way you'd find in a regular cemetary. Imagine that.
Interesting point.
NapLajoieonSteroids

We are about a decade away from the Canadians handing over the entire government to self-professed natives anyway, so none of this really matter. :D

Less flippantly,

The problem is with the schools themselves and the need to turn them into comic book concentration camps to convince people how just how bad they were.

Because no matter how awful and lousy the whole project was; most people are at best to indifferent to the schools and would prefer to split the baby down the middle-- e.g. the schools were wrong but the intentions were good. That is not good enough for the activists, and I see the point. If I were fundamentally against the very existence of what the Indian Bureau funded, I'd find fault in everything they did and stood for too.

edit: Remove the over-dramatization of their contentions, and what one is left with is a list of complaints which could be equally leveled against modern state schooling.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Colonel Sun wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:32 am
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:16 am They are repackaging known deaths from TB and Flu outbreaks in dorms during the late 19th/early 20th century for propaganda purposes.
Plausible. From what I've read these residential schools operation until 1996, so the dates of the graves are key.
The order of nuns responsible for the school claim they have the written records and will publish them for all interested parties.

edit: but considering how poor record keeping was in general, I can't imagine it being all that helpful the farther back they search.
YMix

Post by YMix »

The Meaning of the Native Graves - They're good, actually.

Likewise, the certain fact that souls were saved by the missionaries, the enduring belief of Christians that the Gospel is true and must be spread, is paramount; everything else is secondary.
https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... ve-graves/
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:16 am
The Meaning of the Native Graves - They're good, actually.

Likewise, the certain fact that souls were saved by the missionaries, the enduring belief of Christians that the Gospel is true and must be spread, is paramount; everything else is secondary.
https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... ve-graves/
My takeaway from this is Canadians are just as nasty as Americans and other white people. No wonder they are loaded with guilt!
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

"Ground penetrating radar" raised a red flag as I attempted to learn more about this issue.

Came across this, know nothing about the site:

True North News | Six things the media got wrong about the graves found near Residential Schools
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:42 pm "Ground penetrating radar" raised a red flag as I attempted to learn more about this issue.

Came across this, know nothing about the site:

True North News | Six things the media got wrong about the graves found near Residential Schools
WOW! So George Floyd would still be dead even if he lived in Canada and never entered the USA.......

Dear Canada,

We are too busy hating ourselves to hate you too. No, no matter how much you say you are a bunch of white supremecists, and engage in systemic racism, you can't become our 51st state!! So f**k off you Nazi bastards!

Now that us Dems are in power, we're building a wall on our Northern Border. We expect you to pay for it!

Sincerely,

Joe Biden
POTUS (of the United States)
Doc

Post by Doc »

My Question is why didn't Canada invoke death reforms?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4527868.stm
Brazil city proposes ban on death
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

Simple Minded wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:14 pmMy takeaway from this is Canadians are just as nasty as Americans and other white people. No wonder they are loaded with guilt!
Nah, that's Catholicism.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:52 am
Simple Minded wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:14 pmMy takeaway from this is Canadians are just as nasty as Americans and other white people. No wonder they are loaded with guilt!
Nah, that's Catholicism.
If only the big religions weren't anti-suicide, not only would there not be a problem, getting saved would be a self-correcting process......
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:52 am
Nah, that's Catholicism.
Yeah, and none were worse than the Holy Romanian Empire!!! Which they say was neither Holy, nor Romanian, nor an Empire!