POTUS Election 2024 | Here we go again . . .

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: 2024 Trump or DeSantis

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Don't think there is a scenario where the grandees of either party allows Donald Trump to actually run as a Republican in 2024.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Speaking of elections Liz Cheney now has a 76% disapproval rating among Republican voters in Wyoming while Trump has a 85% approval rating. . Sop in absolute numbers they are almost tired.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

VDH in top form, painting a high res picture of US reality with context and historical depth.

Probably wise of him not to favor Trump or DeSantis right now... just giving some tentative pros and cons of both.

8VVD9NdrltI
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:36 am VDH in top form, painting a high res picture of US reality with context and historical depth.

Probably wise of him not to favor Trump or DeSantis right now... just giving some tentative pros and cons of both.

8VVD9NdrltI
I saw this earlier. I think Trump being crass is the model that works. Seems like the people that complain about it are perfectly happy with the direction the country has been going in. For them it is just that Biden is not going to get them where they want to go. I have seen too many republicans cave in not just to the woke crowd but to the democrat machine as well. It is way past time to defund the federal government. There won't be any do overs after 2024.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NEVa30YDB4

1NEVa30YDB4
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Doc wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:09 am
Parodite wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:36 am VDH in top form, painting a high res picture of US reality with context and historical depth.

I saw this earlier. I think Trump being crass is the model that works. Seems like the people that complain about it are perfectly happy with the direction the country has been going in. For them it is just that Biden is not going to get them where they want to go. I have seen too many republicans cave in not just to the woke crowd but to the democrat machine as well. It is way past time to defund the federal government. There won't be any do overs after 2024.
Now trump appears to have lost his biggest supporter: Rupert Murdoch.

WluoadZNCHo

My suspicion is that RM acts not because of an opinion about Trump, but because Trump running means his competitors CNN etc will make way more money when they have Trump again to click bait customers with their anti-Trump witch trials. Now of course Trump may conclude that loosing Fox isn't such a big deal, since CNN et-al will give him the air time needed.

The democrats would likely loose from DeSantis in 2024 but have a reasonable chance of winning against Trump. Two reasons for the dems CNN et-al to allow for Trump re-entering the arena.

If not re-election, Trump's second goal would be to destroy the GOP by going independent. The Trump-base is still huge and re-inforced now that Trump is pushed aside as a persona non grata by his former allies. The instinct that only an animal like Trump can be succesful in draining the swamp and exposing the rot in the Uniparty.

DeSantis may or may not decide to save the GOP as well as his own career by not running. To let the Orange beast run one more time might be the wise thing to do.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Rupert Murdoch has never been a Trump supporter; I don't know why people forget that the Murdoch family directive during the 2016 primary was to "bury him" until they couldn't without angering the audience. Hence the infamous Fox debate where they tried to bury him here:

IOqtra7j6UM

Interestingly, the same line was used to bury the other Gothamite billionaire who decided to run for President last cycle, Michael Bloomberg. Bloomberg was positioning himself as the Reverse Trump or Sane Trump or Trump if He Were Smart or something to that effect. They totally annihilated him.

The network, its board members (like former speaker of the house Paul Ryan), and most of its talent are anti-Trump or Trump-ambivalent.

Trump is ultimately bad for Murdoch's global business-- and that's just Rupert, if he is even really in charge anymore. He's busy in his dotage pretending to be Mick Jagger with his 19th wife, Gerri Hall. His sons are out-and-out leftists embarrassed by the family business and can't wait to move things leftwards.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:11 pm
Doc wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:09 am

Now trump appears to have lost his biggest supporter: Rupert Murdoch.

WluoadZNCHo

My suspicion is that RM acts not because of an opinion about Trump, but because Trump running means his competitors CNN etc will make way more money when they have Trump again to click bait customers with their anti-Trump witch trials. Now of course Trump may conclude that loosing Fox isn't such a big deal, since CNN et-al will give him the air time needed.

The democrats would likely loose from DeSantis in 2024 but have a reasonable chance of winning against Trump. Two reasons for the dems CNN et-al to allow for Trump re-entering the arena.

If not re-election, Trump's second goal would be to destroy the GOP by going independent. The Trump-base is still huge and re-inforced now that Trump is pushed aside as a persona non grata by his former allies. The instinct that only an animal like Trump can be succesful in draining the swamp and exposing the rot in the Uniparty.

DeSantis may or may not decide to save the GOP as well as his own career by not running. To let the Orange beast run one more time might be the wise thing to do.
In 2016 the Democrats and the MSM pushed very hard for Trump to win the RNC because they felt he was the worse candidate the Republicans could field against Hillary. For this years election Democrats and the MSM are supporting Trump like candidates because they think there is no way they can win in congressional elections. Murdock is no longer running fox. His children are. Their ideas about who to support are very different from their father's This can still mean what you said above is true. Except for the part about Murdock.
NapLajoieonSteroids

-- Another Trump run may just enflame the situation more.

--It's not exactly clear he's learned any lessons from his 1st term.

--I think he has already lost a step due to age and only getting older.

--I'm not sure he can overcome the wrongs done to him the 1st time out; listening to him whine about it makes him sound doddering and out of the game.

-- The Burlesconi problem: having all the votes means nothing without the institutions.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

But can the RNC decide to not let Trump run? How does that work, who decide(s)?

Some yes-buts and mere speculation fwiw:

I don't see the Democrats calm down anytime soon, nor step down from their fatally woke high horse. To win they will do dirty games against Trump, DeSantis, anyone... it doesn't matter. Aided by the same MSM. They painted themselves woke-face for too long now. To move back to a center-left middle ground where common sense dominates.. can only occur with outside pressure and circumstance. And only after Trump has gone forever.

2024 will be Trumps last chance. Personally I prefer him to follow Elon Musk's advice and ride off towards the horizon head high and call it a day. But it looks like he won't and will run......

Putin and Trump do have one thing in common: a gigormous ego that will never accept nor admit defeat. When these types of guys are cornered.. expect unexpected fireworks. Imagine the GOP will actually block Trump from running... wtf they expect him to do?? Trump won't show that card before such a thing happens.. but he might very well go independent like Rogue Perot and handover victory to the Democrats on a silver platter.

Question then would be: who do Democrats want to run against an independent Trump with victory up for grabs? Ocasio Cortez, who will destroy the USA? Always on leave Buttigieg? Or...lo and behold.. Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama after all? Given that winning is almost certain.. the Democrats might decide that this would be the time to move back to the more sane middle. Running against DeSantis with the near certainty of loosing will force them to stay on their woke high horse during the fight because they have nothing to loose. Just virtue-signal free of charge as a side-lined opposition party that lost the presidency, the house and congress. And do what they are best at: play the victim card. Stimulate BLM et-all to more rioting..

I think Trump running as an independent would actually help and even force the Democrats to move back to the sane center. Trump defeated again and then never to return..is the beginning for Democrats to heal. Democratz assuming new responsability in 2024 after winning... can prove to the American voters that they can actually behave and govern like adults. Governer DeSantis is the type of guy sane democrats can work with.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:30 am But can the RNC decide to not let Trump run? How does that work, who decide(s)?

Some yes-buts and mere speculation fwiw:

I don't see the Democrats calm down anytime soon, nor step down from their fatally woke high horse. To win they will do dirty games against Trump, DeSantis, anyone... it doesn't matter. Aided by the same MSM. They painted themselves woke-face for too long now. To move back to a center-left middle ground where common sense dominates.. can only occur with outside pressure and circumstance. And only after Trump has gone forever.

2024 will be Trumps last chance. Personally I prefer him to follow Elon Musk's advice and ride off towards the horizon head high and call it a day. But it looks like he won't and will run......

Putin and Trump do have one thing in common: a gigormous ego that will never accept nor admit defeat. When these types of guys are cornered.. expect unexpected fireworks. Imagine the GOP will actually block Trump from running... wtf they expect him to do?? Trump won't show that card before such a thing happens.. but he might very well go independent like Rogue Perot and handover victory to the Democrats on a silver platter.

Question then would be: who do Democrats want to run against an independent Trump with victory up for grabs? Ocasio Cortez, who will destroy the USA? Always on leave Buttigieg? Or...lo and behold.. Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama after all? Given that winning is almost certain.. the Democrats might decide that this would be the time to move back to the more sane middle. Running against DeSantis with the near certainty of loosing will force them to stay on their woke high horse during the fight because they have nothing to loose. Just virtue-signal free of charge as a side-lined opposition party that lost the presidency, the house and congress. And do what they are best at: play the victim card. Stimulate BLM et-all to more rioting..

I think Trump running as an independent would actually help and even force the Democrats to move back to the sane center. Trump defeated again and then never to return..is the beginning for Democrats to heal. Democratz assuming new responsability in 2024 after winning... can prove to the American voters that they can actually behave and govern like adults. Governer DeSantis is the type of guy sane democrats can work with.
Absolutely. They are already making preparations.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Trump???...... or DeSantis????.........

She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Sam Harris helps to make the choice easy if you want to vote Republican (a response to his latest slip of the mind)

IgL1bnAvo4Q

There is so much projection at work here..

I'm afraid it is too late for SH to come to his senses.
Parodite

Trump's resurrection in 2024?

Post by Parodite »

Poll: Donald Trump Maintains Double-Digit Lead in 2024 GOP Field

If Trump wins the GOP primaries in 2024 - also meaning the Dems weren't able to kill him with any and all lawfare and deep-stated shenanigan smear campaigns for over 8 years - he will be a Orange King Kong on the Loose. TDS... it will surely go on steroids and able to explain all excess deaths in the USA of past, present, and future. It would drive the GOPEES and DEMONS even further apart.

FBI and CIA et-al too compromised to recover any time soon; such organizations will double down to survive, never admit nor self-correct. Secrets are the protected eggs of their golden goose. Which means more reliance by govt on surveillance tech to protect themselves.

National borders continue to exist but more like chalked lines, with the last democratic juices and human selfish instinct being sucked dry, while the dollar cannot be held on life-support any longer, with oceans of printed money and devaluated ground-zero bonds.

This mix of circumstances boosts purebred nationalism everywhere. From harmless but fierce patriotic economic nationalism (America First) to the other side of the spectrum: Unfettered Fascism that calls for a Strong Leader with bodyguards and an Army that Saves the People. Auto-immune disease lurks. The organism eating itself. But there isn't enough of that in the American soul; they probably go for clown and quasi-King Kong Donald Trump once again. For sports and entertainment.

By then Trump is more scary than he has ever been while 95% geriatric Jo Biden forgot his own name, and is moved around in a wheelchair by nutty nurse Kamala Crackling Harris. Old Jo might still win!

Me thinks the US will resurrect after last Jo dies and Trump writes his memoires (by a ghost writer). Then it is DeSantis and who-whatever the DEMONS are able to produce that is less woke-nutty to pick up the pieces.
Last edited by Parodite on Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Trump's resurrection in 2024?

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Then it is DeSantis and who-whatever the DEMONS are able to produce that is less woke-nutty to pick up the pieces.
My instinct tells me the Democrats are working towards Sununu and the New Hampshire criminal organization.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

If you took a poll of democrats the question would have to be "Trump's reinsurrection in 2024?"
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

What happened ?
HOW THE WAR MACHINE TOOK OVER THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

There was once a wing of the Democratic Party that stood up to the war industry. J. William Fulbright, George McGovern, Gene McCarthy, Mike Gravel, William Proxmire, and, of course, Dennis Kucinich.

But that was largely decades ago.

The new Democrats, especially with the presidency of Bill Clinton, became shills not only for corporate America, but the arms industry.

The massive military budget, $858 billion in military spending allocated for fiscal year 2023, is an increase of $45 billion over the Biden administration’s budget request, and nearly $80 billion more than the amount appropriated by Congress for the current fiscal year.

What happened to the Democratic Party ?

Why has it become impossible to question war and the massive expenditures on arms ?

Why is such questioning political suicide ?

Why can’t a Democrat ask, especially at a time of economic hardship and huge deficits, how much we are going to divert to the war in Ukraine, which has already consumed some $60 billion ?
noddy

Post by noddy »

anyone grandstanding over the money spent in ukraine isnt paying much attention i think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ ... ted_States

its roughly 5-10% of the money that america spends on millitary every year, always, every time, with full bi partisan support

it never has, never will be, spent elsewhere - and its actually historically low spending at the moment.

its normally spent on nothing - its currently being spent on learning all the capabilities of 2 of the main enemies - Russia and Iran.

bargains.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:41 am anyone grandstanding over the money spent in ukraine isnt paying much attention i think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ ... ted_States

its roughly 5-10% of the money that america spends on millitary every year, always, every time, with full bi partisan support

it never has, never will be, spent elsewhere - and its actually historically low spending at the moment.

its normally spent on nothing - its currently being spent on learning all the capabilities of 2 of the main enemies - Russia and Iran.

bargains.
China as well given that their equipment is mostly either stolen Russia mil tech or US Mil tech.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Given that the Dems have been doing same and much more what they accuse Trump of since 2015... it seems inconceivable Trump will be convicted. A pot calling a kettle black is one thing and normal politics, but Trump actually going to jail would backfire like a swarm of boomerangs for a very long time, ammunition for the Repubs to fight the Dems in many future elections.

Is it conceivable that Trump does jail time but still be elected POTUS in 2024? Could he then pardon himself? It would all become an interesting comedy!

Is it possible that everything that now unfolds is pretty much how Trump intended it to happen? Ben Shapiro explains the situation and concludes Trump is an id*ot by not keeping his mouth shut when he should, shooting himself in the foot big time.

My guesstimate is different: Trump makes sure he remains controversial enough to get the attention he needs and is fine making somewhat dirty hands when he knows his opponents have much dirtier hands. That is an almost guaranteed winning strategy.

Maybe he committed a crime (caveat: where evidence is classified and therefor cannot be presented to jury nor public? Errrr), maybe only misdemeanor can be proven beyond reasonable doubt. Maybe he actually has to serve jail time.... all he needs to know is that he cannot loose this fight because his opponents are deep down in stinky tar mud themselves. Would his opponents be clear-of-sin angels who see everything... he would behave completely different; emulate God, smile and dress like a Pope.
Doc

Claudius 2024

Post by Doc »

I think I have found my candidate for 2024

Historian Unexpected Hero. Savior of the Republic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dvbX8imXnI

0dvbX8imXnI
Doc

Joe Biden is not running for re-election

Post by Doc »

Watching Biden "Go to sleep" in his meeting with The Israeli president has convinced me.
He is in the running to make a deal to stay out of jail. He will support whoever he think can win and promises he to let him keep the $17 million he took in bribes that will not prosecute him.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Claudius 2024

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:22 am With regards to Europe, Russia, PR China, Iran and other totalitarian states may as well be from another planet.

Culturally, unlike the US, they have nothing in common with Europe as they all completed missed the Enlightenment and thus the ideas that transformed Western society.

On the other hand, unlike Europe, autocratic Russia and China did adopt the naive beliefs of a European utopian, a mad scribbler named Marx, with disastrous results - the two worst democides in human history.

To again [re]state the obvious, no one wants to be Russian, PR Chinese, or Iranian.

systemic problems ignored for decades

Forget China , Iran, Russia .. now time to fix America
Parodite

Re: POTUS Election 2024 | Here we go again . . .

Post by Parodite »

Vivek Ramaswamy Reacts To DOJ's New Trump Indictment

Trump's future VP?

If Trump gets wrestled to the ground in choke-hold by this banana republic Dem Lawfare Circus, it might become a RFK Jr - vs - Ramaswamy 2024 election. The best part would be that for the bedeviled MSM it then becomes very hard to make any interesting sound. These two seem to have so much overlap in what they want for the country... it will be hard to create artificial click-bate controversy there. Maybe AI can help them squeeze the last drips of fake-controversy out of such an otherwise decent and center-politics final 2024 battle.

If however the orange ape survives and bigly wins 2024... it will be full orgasm schaden-freude to see TDS explode. Maybe the Dems now feel justified to start an armed resurrection and storm capitol hill. Given that so far they always accused Trump of what they were doing themselves... that has to be a serious possibility.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

RFK would be a great choice for AG. Not enough experience for VP.

Trump will pick Tim Scott for VP.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
NapLajoieonSteroids

Sorry gentlemen, No Kennedys :)