Australia - Human Rights

noddy

Re: Australia - Human Rights

Post by noddy »

I had a quick look to amuse myself and got quite the shock, its a full scale invasion,

we are the only country in the world to have more American immigrants than the reverse and its getting worse, ermm, more so, by the day.

this 5 year old article says it was 90,000

https://www.smh.com.au/national/why-aus ... gznm3.html

this more recent one says 200-300 thousand.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... n-campaign

and anecdotaly, im noticing them everywhere, the trump/covid/biden trifecta seems to be triggering many to run away.

the question now is, are you sending us your best people :)
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

I spose the biggest factor for australia is our levels of immigration are impossible to understand for most other countries.

America is a huge immigrant country, 16% of the population was born overseas.

Australia averages 30% of the country born overseas, my state, 45%

their quite literaly is no australia - their is just a bunch of people living their lives with the normal levels of distrust for foreigners, which is everyone else.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:14 am I spose the biggest factor for australia is our levels of immigration are impossible to understand for most other countries.

America is a huge immigrant country, 16% of the population was born overseas.

Australia averages 30% of the country born overseas, my state, 45%

their quite literaly is no australia - their is just a bunch of people living their lives with the normal levels of distrust for foreigners, which is everyone else.
I don't believe there is any such state as Wyoming. After all have you ever met anyone from *there*?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

noddy wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:53 am hysterical right wing americans on the #australiahasfallen twitters.
I feel like I should clarify - im not against right wing , according to most around me im very right , im just totally bemused with the sovereign citizen bullshit.,

work, and politics , and life are a bit much at the moment and all that stuff has been in my face a bit much of late.

its hard enough to be against the grain as it is, without idiots making your side of politics untenable.
ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Doc wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:53 am
I don't believe there is any such state as Wyoming. After all have you ever met anyone from *there*?
All those straight line states. Nobody cared about those borders. “Just draw a frickin’ line, Bob.”.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:07 pm
All those straight line states. Nobody cared about those borders. “Just draw a frickin’ line, Bob.”.
The 10th largest state by area, it is also the least populous and least densely populated state

sounds perfect.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:07 pm
I guess they have to have something to break up the scenery.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

noddy wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:58 am
noddy wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:53 am hysterical right wing americans on the #australiahasfallen twitters.
I feel like I should clarify - im not against right wing , according to most around me im very right , im just totally bemused with the sovereign citizen bullshit.,

work, and politics , and life are a bit much at the moment and all that stuff has been in my face a bit much of late.

its hard enough to be against the grain as it is, without idiots making your side of politics untenable.
That's just a guilty conscience speaking before you send us all the gulags. :)
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:24 am

as if id waste the resources on setting up gulags.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:43 am
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:24 am

as if id waste the resources on setting up gulags.
:lol:

A late-antiquity archeologist's blog I read fairly regularly takes almost the same position as you, except he'd not hesitate to describe himself as right wing and he is even more contemptuous of the idiots.

It's hard to argue against, even if the level of contempt is a bit much.

The thing is though, no one is coming out of this covered in glory and if one faction is idiots, what's the excuse for the rest?
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:02 am gue against, even if the level of contempt is a bit much.

The thing is though, no one is coming out of this covered in glory and if one faction is idiots, what's the excuse for the rest?
right, but if the argument is sovereign citizen idiots versus fear worshipping idiots then its not an argument, its a shitstorm that lets corporates/governments do whatever they like in response to that paradigm.

much the same as the multi gender/pronoun mob vs the westboro baptist church types and a presentation of those as the 2 sides of the argument.

im less fussed by the progressives being idiots because I want them clearly on the side of idiocy.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

It's very hard to get certain people to wrap their heads around the fact that lockdowns are a popular idea which just might make up a majority, if ever so slightly.

I suspect that is something which is going uncommented upon with our job market where everyone is seemingly having trouble filling jobs.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:59 am It's very hard to get certain people to wrap their heads around the fact that lockdowns are a popular idea which just might make up a majority, if ever so slightly.
in middle class countries with over 50% of the population in stable government or corporate work, unemployement less than 10% , its sitting around 80% pro lockdown.

places with solid unemployment support, free medicare, and low on desperate poor living day to day.

this is one aspect of america ive never bothered talking about on these forums, its bumper sticker city to even go there.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:59 am
I suspect that is something which is going uncommented upon with our job market where everyone is seemingly having trouble filling jobs.

right, in my country the minimum wage is a fixed ratio higher than the government support, which tends to stop such false incentives happening.

if i was working poor, juggling several sub-living standard jobs, id be also jumping on any benefits trains I could.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

I'm not following. Are you saying its our desperate poor who are banging on about lockdowns?
noddy

Post by noddy »

not the desperate poor.

the small business's that barely earn a living wage or pay a living wage.

the working poor.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

in australia its those folks who got screwed by the lockdowns, the government handouts were too short, too low.

they gave the bulk of the money to corporates and churches and well connected types - all the little folks didnt have the bureaucracy skills to maximise it.

--

alas, that side of australia is too small to count, politically :/

hairdressers, independant cafes, gyms, etc.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

so many contradictions going on, its hard to have pithy opinions.

the border closures have stopped our low skilled market from being flooded with properly desperate folks from India and Asia - this has protected our lower end workers alot as the ones that have kept jobs have more bargaining power than they have had for decades.

to some neocon flicktards, this is a lowering of our competitiveness and efficiency.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

We certain have more petit-bourgeoise

and they are certainly the face of the lockdown [hence all the gymbro "I'm not closing down" defiance videos]

but I don't think that is bulk of the push-- I think it's really coming from a lot of conservative boomers-- people who tend to vote/donate to candidates.

------------

I'll just say, it's not that I don't believe it is a majority in support and large majorities in many places but considering how fake polling has become, I don't trust any number cited.
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:26 am We certain have more petit-bourgeoise

and they are certainly the face of the lockdown [hence all the gymbro "I'm not closing down" defiance videos]

but I don't think that is bulk of the push-- I think it's really coming from a lot of conservative boomers-- people who tend to vote/donate to candidates.
well, the conservative boomers are a pretty big part of that sovereign citizen thing are they not ?
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:28 am
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:26 am We certain have more petit-bourgeoise

well, the conservative boomers are a pretty big part of that sovereign citizen thing are they not ?
No, despite overlaps I'd say no. There isn't a whole lot of that- really. Mind you, I am blue state usa

but if it were such a big deal, we'd be seeing more successful libertarians than just the carpetbaggers in conservative media channels
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:26 am
I'll just say, it's not that I don't believe it is a majority in support and large majorities in many places but considering how fake polling has become, I don't trust any number cited.
my zero covid premier has 90% support - unheard of levels even with fake polls, the federal government tried to sue the state into opening up, the only thing that happened is that their poltiical party lost every seat in my state.

100 years of 55/45 type left/right splits turned into 90/10 and the complete destruction of the right wing party - they literally have 2 seats out of 55.

and my state is a right wing, mining and farming state.... granted the left wing premier is ex army, pro worker type left not greeny progressive type left.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:35 am
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:26 am
my zero covid premier has 90% support - unheard of levels even with fake polls, the federal government tried to sue the state into opening up, the only thing that happened is that their poltiical party lost every seat in my state.

100 years of 55/45 type left/right splits turned into 90/10 and the complete destruction of the right wing party - they literally have 2 seats out of 55.

and my state is a right wing, mining and farming state.... granted the left wing premier is ex army, pro worker type left not greeny progressive type left.
Just to make sure there isn't a cross-up, I'm not saying I don't believe in its clear popularity for the reasons you mentioned earlier.
noddy

Post by noddy »

everytime someone bangs on how the covid deaths are fake because they all had comorbidity or were old, they create more people hardened on destroying that political view.

this line of thought is destroying right wing support in the middle class west with such verocity im in shock.

the "personal responbility" angle on this is straight up psychopath talk to the average urban/city dweller, some magical fairy land you can lock yourself in an apartment that doesnt need rent or services paid.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:43 am
the "personal responbility" angle on this is straight up psychopath talk to the average urban/city dweller, some magical fairy land you can lock yourself in an apartment that doesnt need rent or services paid.
It would have been a litigation nightmare and greater economic disaster from the start, and it would've paralyzed any political response whatsoever.