International Totalitarianism: WEF, Klaus Schwab, and unelected governments.

This too shall pass.
Parodite

Re: Internet Tracking | The Eye Of Sauron

Post by Parodite »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:
Parodite wrote:Take that sod-sad figure Jordan B Peterson. He promotes the idea that the biggest hero of the West is a man who got killed rather quickly and easily! No wonder there is so much mental depression in the West. Testosterone is needed for the will and ability to win. Love and empathy is there to ease the pain of the wounded, for those who lost a battle and need care. Giving love and care to people who didn't loose a battle, i.e. don't need it, is making them depressed and setting them up to loose real battles... when they come. It also makes them hallucinate problems that don't exist, feeling like victims without being victims.
I think the mission of the Divine Individual as JBP names Him, is to confound all the old ideas of what a god is suppose to be. We are supposed to see the Passion as an internal struggle. A God that chooses to accept humiliation and death over raining death and annihilation over earth and creation, going against His nature.
Would like to hear more about this. Cannot connect the dots too well.
Going against your nature is a defining aspect of free will. Someone on a YouTube comment chain said something about humans are not born with free will, they have to develop it. Being able to develop free will is what sets us apart from the other animals....
Sam Harris will agree that free will is not part of your nature and never will be. ;) I spent some time debunking that claim, bottom line is that for as long as we have have no idea how/why consciousness emerges in the brain and what it does in the causal chains, any claim for or against free will is a shot in the dark.

What remains though, is to simply use the concept of free will in a way that a consensus majority of people find useful; which occurs naturally and all the time with shared experiences. I'd say, free will is something like the ability to choose one action over other available actions in day to day situations.

What we pick and choose and how (fast) we pick and choose develops over time. Things seem to slow down when we get older, i.e. more perceived available choices, but less and slower choice making. Faster action on available choices is what kids do and there maybe is more experience of freedom there (ironically perhaps), whereas having many things to choose from and needing way more time to pick one of them.. is the curse in disguise of old age. :)

Sitting in this chair looking at all the options I have now... a landscape of infinite possibilities. I sometimes wonder if mindfulness is not just that: being offered a million possibilities to pick and choose from every minute... and saying no-thanks! to all of them. It feels a bit ungrateful but I just had dinner after a busy day. Or maybe when you look at the options long enough without answering to any of them... yawning sets in and the body resumes its most peaceful and energy efficient state.
A concept or point of view to derive from the teachings of the Divine Individual in scripture, is to become skeptical and drop the notion that you can interact with reality as another consciousness. Except for God, and that's way more complicated and speculative than I want to get into right now. A consciousness you can bargain with or petition for favour. A blessed and saved individual is the one who uses internal resources to battle destiny and fate, rather than through divination, magic or expressions of piety.........
Self-talk-listen-Self.. iterations is possible though. To talk and to listen to your self talking is amazing. It allows for thinking and prayer.

Maybe there was a time the humanoid brain did not have this capacity. Listening in principle goes from the outside in, from environment to the ears to the brain. Talking goes out via the brain to vocal cords sound system into the environment. Those two systems may not always have been short-cut internally in one brain. I suspect consciousness in large part emerged when talker and listener were short-cut internally. Our inner self-talk-listen-talk is like an internalized society where we continue the conversations in our heads after the parliament closed down already. It probably has advantages. :ugeek:
Deep down I'm very superficial
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/04/03/th ... ork-china/

long and interesting article on the real battles going on.

china owns 5g and that means huge changes in saurons palantir network :)
With a Chinese company building the network through which huge volumes of data—phone calls, emails, and business transactions—will flow across the globe, U.S. officials fear that infrastructure could be subverted for espionage, allowing Beijing’s intelligence agencies to gather huge volumes of communications.

Even more dire, Washington fears that Beijing will replace it as the world’s premier intelligence power and perhaps even deny it access to the networks that make global commerce and the projection of military power possible. For decades, U.S. intelligence agencies have capitalized on the central role of U.S. companies in global telecommunications networks to spy on adversaries and gather crucial intelligence.

And now, whether by design or luck or some combination of the two, the Chinese Communist Party may have the means to overturn that disadvantage—especially because the United States itself, despite the prominence of Silicon Valley, doesn’t have a national champion of its own developing 5G. Consolidation and mergers in the telecommunications industry have made European, not American, companies the leading Western makers of the boxes, antennas, and beam-generating equipment that will serve as the backbone of 5G technology.
US Fears China will be like the US.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
US Fears China will be like the US.
no one likes being bumped from the number one slot.....
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Parodite wrote:What remains though, is to simply use the concept of free will in a way that a consensus majority of people find useful; which occurs naturally and all the time with shared experiences. I'd say, free will is something like the ability to choose one action over other available actions in day to day situations.
Yeah, yeah...... obviously that. But free will is the ability to choose the option not always predicted by your biological or psychological propensity.....'>.......

On another subject, a writer that we know rather well is so caught up with a certain wireless and computational technology that he decided to write a serialised novel based on it.....'>.......

https://pjmedia.com/spengler/the-quantu ... y-a-novel/
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... olice.html
When detectives in a Phoenix suburb arrested a warehouse worker in a murder investigation last December, they credited a new technique with breaking open the case after other leads went cold.

The police told the suspect, Jorge Molina, they had data tracking his phone to the site where a man was shot nine months earlier. They had made the discovery after obtaining a search warrant that required Google to provide information on all devices it recorded near the killing, potentially capturing the whereabouts of anyone in the area.
The Arizona case demonstrates the promise and perils of the new investigative technique, whose use has risen sharply in the past six months, according to Google employees familiar with the requests. It can help solve crimes. But it can also snare innocent people.
it would be a mistake to call this a google issue, apple is not exempt from law and the real action is to be found in ISP/telecom sphere.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... olice.html
When detectives in a Phoenix suburb arrested a warehouse worker in a murder investigation last December, they credited a new technique with breaking open the case after other leads went cold.

The police told the suspect, Jorge Molina, they had data tracking his phone to the site where a man was shot nine months earlier. They had made the discovery after obtaining a search warrant that required Google to provide information on all devices it recorded near the killing, potentially capturing the whereabouts of anyone in the area.
The Arizona case demonstrates the promise and perils of the new investigative technique, whose use has risen sharply in the past six months, according to Google employees familiar with the requests. It can help solve crimes. But it can also snare innocent people.
it would be a mistake to call this a google issue, apple is not exempt from law and the real action is to be found in ISP/telecom sphere.

Big Brother's dream come true. I can imagine widespread use in revenue generation simply by fining speeding drivers. No court appearance necessary, get the fine(s) in the mail, and mail in the fine(s) on a monthly basis. Kinda like a wealth inequality tax for impatient people. Think I'll add $200 a month to my budget.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

It will be interesting to see the effects of smart technology in autos. Will speeding no longer be possible? Will Fred's car allow him to get within 10 feet of the car in front of him at 70 mph? Will Joe be allowed to make illegal U-turns?

Easy to imagine software becoming judge, jury, and punisher. You exceed the speed limit by 10 mph in your smart car, the CPU gives you two minutes to get your car to a safe location before it shuts down the engine for a "10 minute timeout" to teach you a lesson. Or, you can pay a $20 fine and go on your way with no "timeout."

Insertion of credit card readers in vehicles would allow one to pay the fines in real time. Or maybe voice recognition software that records your confession of guilt and promise to pay the fine.

LE3oczJ1zgM
noddy

Post by noddy »

Its already happened ;)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/ ... traps.html
The Dutch firm, the world's largest manufacturer of "portable navigation devices", says it has been deeply embarrassed that police had acted on information sold to local authorities to help them to target speeding car drivers.

Almost half of the police in the Netherlands were acting on the data given unwittingly by Tom Tom users in order to help the Satnav provider give accurate congestion updates and to route drivers away from traffic jams.

Harold Goddijn, the company's chief executive, emailed an apology to all Tom Tom's users promising that the information would never be handed over to the police again.

"We are now aware that the police have used traffic information that you have helped to create to place speed cameras at dangerous locations where the average speed is higher than the legally allowed speed limit," he said.

Mr Goddijn said that most motorists were happy for their information to be used to help city planners build roads or introduce new safety features but insisted Tom Tom shared their anger that it been given to the police.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

filed under, just when you thought it couldnt get worse, why not add crude lip reading to the face tracking software!

remember to never be cynical or smack talk in public, your social credit score could be affected.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/04/2 ... ng_speech/
Called Audio Visual Speech Recognition (AVSR), the software is part of Intel's OpenCV computer vision and facial recognition code library. Essentially, it tracks the speaker's mouth movements as individual character and syllable sounds are formed. Intel reckons the technique to be far more accurate than traditional speech recognition algorithms, which analyse sounds rather than images.

That's not to say the results are perfect, and Intel's announcement implies that the system works better when coupled with facial recognition to identify 'known' speakers. Indeed, Intel's web site shows that the best results can be achieved with a mix of video and audio recognition algorithms, the one giving weight to the choices made by the other, particularly as the levels of background noise increase.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

noddy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:09 am https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... olice.html

I wonder if we'll see a drop in device-carrying. Or a rise in mesh-networking, as we are seeing in Hong Kong at present.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Simple Minded wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Big Brother's dream come true. I can imagine widespread use in revenue generation simply by fining speeding drivers. No court appearance necessary, get the fine(s) in the mail, and mail in the fine(s) on a monthly basis. Kinda like a wealth inequality tax for impatient people. Think I'll add $200 a month to my budget.
Right- this is first inevitability. Too much money for anyone to leave on the table, relatively easy to implement, and so depersonalized that the opposition will be too weak to fight it (especially when the 'think of the children brigade' take it up.)
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:49 am
Simple Minded wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Right- this is first inevitability. Too much money for anyone to leave on the table, relatively easy to implement, and so depersonalized that the opposition will be too weak to fight it (especially when the 'think of the children brigade' take it up.)
The police should have already had this ability for decades with cell phones or any mobile device using a cell connection . I remember when I was in Texas in the 90's there was a murder where a preacher killed his wife. He claimed that he called her from 50 miles away right before the time of her murder. At that time the cell phone towers were not capable of tracking the whereabouts of cell phones. Then several years later they had the capability to go back through old tower records and determine exactly where the preacher's cell phone was at the time of her murder. It turned out it was a couple of blocks away from their house where she was murdered.

The difference in this case with Google of course is that the police were on a fishing trip. They weren't trying to prove a specific person was in the area they wanted to know who every person in the area was. Giving "round up the usual suspects" a whole new meaning.

Many times if the police find a suspect that looks good for the crime they look no further.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

"Im safe, Ive installed the high security option"

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/10/0 ... ne_spying/
A wide range of Egyptian citizens, ranging from journalists to politicians, activists and lawyers, have been targeted in the program, the security organization claims, with most of the spying done through apps downloaded onto their smartphones.

Check Point has identified 33 individuals that were specifically targeted and encouraged to download apps that offered useful services but whose real intent was to bug the phone.

Secure Mail was a Gmail add-on that promised greater security but which prodded users to provide their password, which was then used to compromise their accounts. Another, iLoud200%, offered a smart storage solution that would free up storage space on your phone but which bypassed privacy settings and sent location details to outside servers. Another app, IndexY, offered a callerID service but stored and transmitted call logs.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/mark-zucke ... government
Zuckerberg says if Warren becomes president, Facebook would sue U.S. gov't: 'You go to the mat and fight'
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Companies tracking the movements of 12 million people.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... phone.html
Twelve Million Phones, One Dataset, Zero Privacy

By Stuart A. Thompson and Charlie Warzel
Dec. 19, 2019
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Doc wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:48 am Companies tracking the movements of 12 million people.

Dec. 19, 2019
Who doesn't already know this? For some, it seems a Faustian bargain, for others, not even a second thought. Luckily, are are yet free not to carry such devices if we wish not to. Or, countermeasures might be deployed, though I do not know anything about the effectiveness of what appears to be an ungrounded Faraday cage:

https://silent-pocket.com/
Doc

Post by Doc »

crashtech66 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:50 pm
Doc wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:48 am Companies tracking the movements of 12 million people.

Dec. 19, 2019
Who doesn't already know this? For some, it seems a Faustian bargain, for others, not even a second thought. Luckily, are are yet free not to carry such devices if we wish not to. Or, countermeasures might be deployed, though I do not know anything about the effectiveness of what appears to be an ungrounded Faraday cage:

I think the fact that they are tracking the specific telephones of 12 million people constantly Including those inside the White house and Pentagon and this is done by private companies is a new twist.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Obama's database "Like no one has ever seen before" And Tracking down Trump Admin officials with their families at restaurants.
KGgZ5M6KMt8
noddy

Post by noddy »

Dec. 19, 2019

Its not just your behaviour tho, its also everyone and everything around you.

voice recognition microphones listening, cameras taking photos and videos with geo location info, security cameras public and private, every traffic light and bridge on every magor road with plate recognition, recipients of your messaging having spyware on their phone, the list goes on.

face recognition is still flawed and comical for errors, yet it is also good enough to put you in handfull of potential locations, which is much better than no idea at all, same with voice recognition, also flawed, yet also able to turn millions into a handful.

its not a matter of being careful with your phone usage if all your friends and family are not and your society is actively contradicting that.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:12 am

Dec. 19, 2019

Its not just your behaviour tho, its also everyone and everything around you.

voice recognition microphones listening, cameras taking photos and videos with geo location info, security cameras public and private, every traffic light and bridge on every magor road with plate recognition, recipients of your messaging having spyware on their phone, the list goes on.

face recognition is still flawed and comical for errors, yet it is also good enough to put you in handfull of potential locations, which is much better than no idea at all, same with voice recognition, also flawed, yet also able to turn millions into a handful.

its not a matter of being careful with your phone usage if all your friends and family are not and your society is actively contradicting that.
Gawd I think I am going to go live in a forest and shoot at anyone that gets within 100 feet.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
We are helping Apple all of the time on TRADE and so many other issues, and yet they refuse to unlock phones used by killers, drug dealers and other violent criminal elements. They will have to step up to the plate and help our great Country, NOW! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.
least he isnt pretending its aimed at terrorists i pose.

republicans only seem to care about the police state when democrats are in charge and vice versa - its the same in my country, partisans are frustrating things sometimes.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:46 am

republicans only seem to care about the police state when democrats are in charge and vice versa - its the same in my country, partisans are frustrating things sometimes.
in ORZ speak, "bird of a feather, flock together." Or in political context, f**k together.

Pretty damn rare over here to see either side take the hammer that the bad guys forged when they were in power, the hammer that the good guys (who are out of power) stand against with every verbal and moral fiber of their being, and toss it back into the furnace when the good guys regain power. Usually, the good guys just pick up the hammer the bad guys created and put it in their own toolbox.

There's a word for people who are cognizant enough to notice that, it starts with a "T."
Last edited by Simple Minded on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:40 pm There's a word for people who are cognizant enough to notice that, it starts with a "T."
Terrorist ? :)
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:16 am
Simple Minded wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:40 pm There's a word for people who are cognizant enough to notice that, it starts with a "T."
Terrorist ? :)
:lol: Mr. Perfect has injected something into your system to modify your BIOS.....

I'd recommend enough alcohol to either kill the invading virus or perform a total hard drive reformat.
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:46 am
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
We are helping Apple all of the time on TRADE and so many other issues, and yet they refuse to unlock phones used by killers, drug dealers and other violent criminal elements. They will have to step up to the plate and help our great Country, NOW! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

This has been his position since the last election. I don't know what to tell you; but you need something stronger than that before going to the hypocrisy card.

The fact of the matter is that this is a very messy affair with several vectors; and we all can see the end results are probably not going to be pretty, at least for any of us who can remember a time when snooping was a lot simpler.

And the people formally in charge of these things are geriatrics who mostly don't appreciate the implications of what they are signing off on.

Then we have to add in the other vectors: perception of policing; of big corporations with these abilities; of international relations, especially when it comes to China and these technological companies....Spengler has a new article out about 5G and how the Chinese are going to own the internet and everything is going to be encrypted and undecipherable---

no comment on the Spengler commentary; but there is a point in this: where exactly are the lines in what is necessary to prevent crime and terror (and to guard interests) and what isn't. Should we even bother?

I think we at a point where a sufficient number of people don't trust anyone to have a good idea about any of this.

What makes the Trump position perferable is his overall disinterest in the workings of technology-- it becomes an old man yelling at clouds scenario-- and more of a holding pattern than what the opposition was offering: a lady with a passion for a panopticon and a history of using those systems for her own self-interest.

What we do post-Trump is very much up in the air.
NapLajoieonSteroids

The all seeing eye would be more palatable if we could de-centralize the whole thing, and force that eye to choose its focal point one at a time.

But that's impractical, costly, too high a barrier, I imagine the algorithims are getting too good for that....

...and I also imagine that there are people who could do incredible damage with computing technology while hiding in the shadows.