The Crisis of Meaning

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Parodite

Re: The Crisis of Meaning

Post by Parodite »

A philosophical enchantment of the hard problem

https://suno.com/song/959ef136-00e8-48b ... 31578b878f

At least philosophy becomes more enjoyable :)
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Suno's privacy notice:

https://suno.com/song/e5232ddf-82a0-421 ... 8c6925fdba

How We Share Your Information

Shared in the Shadows
ProfileGhastlyRhymes717

techno

April 14, 2024

v3
[Verse 1]
In this digital age
We're connected every day
Sharing our lives in the things we say (share with you)
But who's to know
Who sees our truths?
Our information shared
Without any clue

[Verse 2]
Through collaboration
We find common ground
Sharing our thoughts
Our voices resound (resound)
But in the shadows
Secrets may hide
Our privacy compromised
Along for the ride

[Chorus]
Sharing our lives
But at what cost?
Our information out there
Forever lost
In a world of service providers
We're just data
Will we ever escape this constant trade-off? (oh-oh-oh)
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Excellent interview with comedian Jimmy Carr. A 5star recommendation.

https://youtu.be/uHLAazKUU68?si=VvXnzGQXC22AyTBw
Parodite

Of Mammoths and Lice [Re: The Crisis of Meaning]

Post by Parodite »

The Atheism Delusion - Konstantin Kisin

Completely understand Konstantin Kisin's perspective and agree. However, my personal journey into these matters moved on from that point long ago, because none of it hits any note for me; no new atheist notes, no agnostic notes, no religious pre-post-alternate lyrics of any sort. It’s just that I'm curious and will never stop investigating.

One thing stuck with me: reason, science, engineering, the pursuit of truth and knowledge does not touch life directly, or rather: it cannot sense beyond its functional scope. No matter how many words you throw at reality - call it Nature or God - it is as deaf and indifferent to your opinions, descriptions, conclusions... as a Mammoth to a pack of lice squatting in its fur. Mild irritation the only sentiment that manifests, occasionally.

However, without this pack of lice irritating the Mammoth (imagine Richard Dawkins as Lice Face) relentlessly, it would be prone to drifting away into delusional landscapes that distract him from the harsh reality in which it has to survive and like a drunk finding himself crashed into a tree rather soon. Reason and science keep the Mammoth sober and force its hands on the ball, always. Could be a win-win symbiotic relationship between two species.

Problem for the lice is they can't see nor feel the complete Mammoth, but they know it is there. Religion equates with being humble enough to admit that a lice is just a lice who knows Mammoth is real but also is aware that it knows very little about Mammoth, and only indirectly via a Virtual Reality Consciousness Helmet that tells the lice a lice-version of Mammoth.

The well-known 4 atheist horsemen talk like they are 4 lice under a deep hypnosis, convinced that physical reality "out there" is an objective representation (there are no "objective representations"; a contradiction in terms), it isn't. As if eyes are like a window with blinders, you open them et-voila: the objective world on display for the little atheist man living in his own brain, looking out of the window. There are also many religious pundits who suffer the same hypnosis, making claims about how the eye can only be designed by an intelligent creator.

Well, the honest lice that does real science and uses reason to its full capacity, likes to remind the hypnotized crowd of religious believers and atheist non-believers that the physical brain as it is known, is just a selfie with accumulated facts stored in a meta-database. Don't take that selfie too seriously! It's just a selfie....c'mon.

Given that a brain selfie will never show you who/what actually made that selfieobviously, it might have very little resemblance to the actual “brainery" that made it. There are many reasons to assume that this is the case; not selfies or other representations but rather transmutations is what happens. But then whatever the math, it never touches reality either. "You still need God to breath fire into the equations". That humbles in the face of awe.

The Mammoth you see in your mind and feel is really there, but it might in reality be transmutations in vectorspace performed by a Math Mom. Call her the Creative Genius of Father God. The woman behind a successful man, who inspired him to create and rise above his own dust. Caveat: also this is just poetic dust blowing in the wind of course.