China

Typhoon

Re: China

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:00 pm .

No limits’ partnership
Russia will provide China the tech and fuel it needs to tip the prevailing global nuclear bomb balance

Nixon "split" China from USSR .. at that time, neither Russia nor China were what they today.

Now, China and Russia "No Limit partner" when China soon #1 GDP and Russia "lean and mean".

How and why did this happen.

Trump deserves his 2nd term :D .. he could save the situation
Such articles are amusing for their breathless enthusiasm and even more so for their sci-eng illiteracy.

The only thing PR China desires from it's tributary state, Russia, is raw materials.
Uranium in this case.

PR China has no need of antiquated Russian tech.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:07 pm
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:00 pm .

No limits’ partnership
Russia will provide China the tech and fuel it needs to tip the prevailing global nuclear bomb balance

Nixon "split" China from USSR .. at that time, neither Russia nor China were what they today.

Now, China and Russia "No Limit partner" when China soon #1 GDP and Russia "lean and mean".

How and why did this happen.

Trump deserves his 2nd term :D .. he could save the situation
Such articles are amusing for their breathless enthusiasm and even more so for their sci-eng illiteracy.

The only thing PR China desires from it's tributary state, Russia, is raw materials.
Uranium in this case.

PR China has no need of antiquated Russian tech.

Was told by an Israeli "expert" that Russians are the best engineers in the world

They are

But, they no good "entrepreneurs" .. that is where China comes in.
Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum

Beijing imposed a set of new rules
forbidding netizens and opinion leaders
to defame corporations and entrepreneurs.

Ma was reportedly persuaded by Premier Li Qiang to go back to the mainland to help boost private firms’ investment confidence in China.

Li Qiang now pushing business .. that good for China AND world economy
noddy

Post by noddy »

did they still steal 9/10ths of his company ?

good they realised it was a bad look punishing the man for being too succesful, it may restore some confidence.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:20 am did they still steal 9/10ths of his company ?

good they realised it was a bad look punishing the man for being too succesful, it may restore some confidence.

He knows the rules now
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.politico.eu/article/ursula- ... hina-trip/

Von der Leyen and Macron visiting China

My guess is, West, US and Europe, want to negotiate with China the settling of Ukraine war.

China had made an Ukraine peace proposal, Xi am sure talked about that with Putin (Putin said he accepts Xi's Ukraine peace plan).

Now, von der Leyen and Macron going to China to negotiate that peace plan.

Remember China pull a rabbit out of sac with "Iran Saudi" hand shake ?

Same thing could happen with Ukraine

West "miscalculated" Russian resolve, economic and military power.

Western economy could fall into deep recession if Ukraine war and hostility continue.

Am sure wise heads will prevail

Inshalah
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.economist.com/the-world-thi ... eeks-cover

Economist.jpeg
Economist.jpeg (193.42 KiB) Viewed 18909 times
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC9pxursqmE

More and more Chinese are waking up! Xi Jinping's Visit to Russia Hurts China's Interests

Chinese people supporting Ukraine.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:13 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC9pxursqmE

More and more Chinese are waking up! Xi Jinping's Visit to Russia Hurts China's Interests

Chinese people supporting Ukraine.

Chance that this guy is Chinese "intelligence" guy is 98% ..

and

Seems Ukraine ready to give up Crimea

https://nypost.com/2023/04/06/ukraine-m ... nsky-aide/

Macron and Von der Leyen visiting Xi to probably negotiate

Xi knows Putin's bottom line, and, probably Von der Leyen knows Europe's bottom line
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Quite. Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Russia are to be tributary - vassal states.

中国 | Zhōngguó | [China] is often translated into English as the "Middle Kingdom" which completely fails to convey the concept behind the characters.

Rather "Central Kingdom" as in "state at the centre of the known universe - to whom all other states must kowtow" is more accurate.

Those dreaming of a Pax Sinica replacing a Pax America should be careful what they wish for.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:54 pm

中国 | Zhōngguó | [China] is often translated into English as the "Middle Kingdom" which completely fails to convey the concept behind the characters.

Rather "Central Kingdom" as in "state at the centre of the known universe - to whom all other states must kowtow" is more accurate.
I am sure Iran is good at Kowtowing.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:53 am

A good summary of the "century of humiliation" that China experienced:

FPRI | China’s Early Encounters with the West: A History in Reverse
Many of the causes for China’s being a failed state in the early twentieth century had their roots in China’s disadvantageous relations with the West. The warlordism and foreign imperialism that marked this era were a direct outgrowth of the fall of the Qing Dynasty in 1911-12, which left a monstrous political vacuum. The fall of the Qing in turn was largely the result of an unremitting series of body blows directed at the prestige, sovereignty, military power, and economic well-being of the Chinese empire. This is the historical memory that dominates the national consciousness of contemporary China.

The story of China as victim in this unequal relationship is powerful, but it does not tell the whole story. Much of the pain suffered in China in this period was self-inflicted.
It was Deng Xiaoping who recognized that it was necessary for China to rapidly modernize and that it was necessary to allow private enterprise if China was to do so, if China was become a backwater failed state. The rapid modernization of China occurred not because of the CCP, but despite it.

Xi Jinping is reversing many of Deng Xiaoping's and his successor's policies, reestablishing CCP political control over private enterprise.

I suspect that the end result will be like throwing sand into the wheels of innovation and progress

Of course, in the West, the chattering and ruling classes seemed determined to tear down everything that made the West so successful in the first place.

The winner will be the side that screws up the least.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:29 am
Doc wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:53 am

A good summary of the "century of humiliation" that China experienced:

FPRI | China’s Early Encounters with the West: A History in Reverse
Many of the causes for China’s being a failed state in the early twentieth century had their roots in China’s disadvantageous relations with the West. The warlordism and foreign imperialism that marked this era were a direct outgrowth of the fall of the Qing Dynasty in 1911-12, which left a monstrous political vacuum. The fall of the Qing in turn was largely the result of an unremitting series of body blows directed at the prestige, sovereignty, military power, and economic well-being of the Chinese empire. This is the historical memory that dominates the national consciousness of contemporary China.

The story of China as victim in this unequal relationship is powerful, but it does not tell the whole story. Much of the pain suffered in China in this period was self-inflicted.
It was Deng Xiaoping who recognized that it was necessary for China to rapidly modernize and that it was necessary to allow private enterprise if China was to do so, if China was become a backwater failed state. The rapid modernization of China occurred not because of the CCP, but despite it.

Xi Jinping is reversing many of Deng Xiaoping's and his successor's policies, reestablishing CCP political control over private enterprise.

I suspect that the end result will be like throwing sand into the wheels of innovation and progress

Of course, in the West, the chattering and ruling classes seemed determined to tear down everything that made the West so successful in the first place.

The winner will be the side that screws up the least.
Race to the bottom. Are there any leaders left in the world that know how to do otherwise?
Heracleum Persicum

A picture worth 1000 words

Iran Saudi.jpeg
Iran Saudi.jpeg (489.55 KiB) Viewed 18831 times

Western , European and American, policy in Middle East was to initiate Arab Iran animosity, to avoid ME countries to unite and become a strong voice in the world defending their interest

China's interest, and they openly said this, they want ME to built their own Pol and act united for all ME interest.

That is why China "engineered" an Arab-Iran rapprochement, and, hopefully a close friendship.

Saudi closing up to Iran, will aline all Arabs, AND, Turkey if not wanting to be left out, has to join

happening before our eyes
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Meanwhile, back in the real world . . .

FT |China urges jobless graduates to ‘roll up their sleeves’ and try manual work
State media says university-leavers should put their professional ambitions on hold and consider lower-skilled roles
[PR] China is shifting the blame for soaring youth unemployment on to jobless university graduates, accusing them of refusing to put aside their professional ambitions and take on manual labour.

In recent weeks, state broadcasters and news agencies have published more than a dozen profiles of recent university graduates who allegedly made a fortune in low-skilled jobs such as selling street food or growing fruit, rather than pursuing a career in their area of study.
Heracleum Persicum

UN’s World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Which Countries are Granted the Most New Patents ?

After rapidly increasing its patent output in recent years, China topped the chart in 29 out of 36 total fields including computer technology, electrical machinery, and digital communication. The Chinese government’s focus on innovation led to the nation’s applicants receiving 38% of the 1.6 million patents granted in 2021.

The United States—home to the world’s largest tech companies—came in second with 286,205 granted patents by origin. The U.S. also topped four fields of its own: medical technology, engines and turbines, basic communication processes, and unknown (for inventions that can’t be assigned to a specific field).

Not far behind is Japan with 256,890 granted patents. It dominated the other nations in the fields of semiconductors, optics, and furniture and games, cementing its well-earned reputation of technological innovation.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:01 am .

After rapidly increasing its patent output in recent years, China topped the chart in 29 out of 36 total fields including computer technology, electrical machinery, and digital communication. The Chinese government’s focus on innovation led to the nation’s applicants receiving 38% of the 1.6 million patents granted in 2021.

The United States—home to the world’s largest tech companies—came in second with 286,205 granted patents by origin. The U.S. also topped four fields of its own: medical technology, engines and turbines, basic communication processes, and unknown (for inventions that can’t be assigned to a specific field).

Not far behind is Japan with 256,890 granted patents. It dominated the other nations in the fields of semiconductors, optics, and furniture and games, cementing its well-earned reputation of technological innovation.
With regards to patent and scientific publishing, in the end it is quality not quantity that matters:

https://sci-hub.se/https://www.nature.c ... 21-00733-5
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:00 pm
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:01 am .

With regards to patent and scientific publishing, in the end it is quality not quantity that matters:

https://sci-hub.se/https://www.nature.c ... 21-00733-5

True

Recently there too many fake research papers, but, this now recognized and checks introduced (in Iran)

But , in final analysis, what counts is the "number of PATENTS" issued ..

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:20 pm [

The business of patents is a complex one to say the least.

Around 97% of all patents never recoup the cost of filing them.

One should give credit where credit is due: it is clear that PR China has ramped up its R&D activities over the last several decades as it moved up the manufacturing value chain and this is reflected in the number of patent applications.

However, tiny Switzerland is routinely ranked as the most innovative nation despite their total number of patent applications being being a small fraction of those of PR China or the US.

When it comes to patents, perhaps a better measure is patents per capita and/or WIPO: patents per GDP [PDF]
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 3:14 am
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:20 pm [

The business of patents is a complex one to say the least.

Around 97% of all patents never recoup the cost of filing them.

One should give credit where credit is due: it is clear that PR China has ramped up its R&D activities over the last several decades as it moved up the manufacturing value chain and this is reflected in the number of patent applications.

However, tiny Switzerland is routinely ranked as the most innovative nation despite their total number of patent applications being being a small fraction of those of PR China or the US.

When it comes to patents, perhaps a better measure is patents per capita and/or WIPO: patents per GDP [PDF]

Application of Patents , using patented technologies to realize products needs a high level of Industrial base .. Switzerland has a very high industrial base, "per capita" top engineers, universities and industries.

Developing nations, Brazil , India, Iran, Turkey , China , Russia are building their "Industrial base" .. they have now top technical universities and scientist, but need the Industrial hardware and experience
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

China's Economic Growth Model Is Dying | Michael Pettis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO8o0TO-rfg

XO8o0TO-rfg
Michael Pettis, Professor of Finance at Peking University and senior fellow at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, joins Jack Farley to share his thoughts on the Chinese economic growth model, which Pettis argues faces severe challenges.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

FT | ‘Boomy’ talk about the Chinese economy is a charade
Wall Street forecasts are now even more optimistic than Beijing’s unreachable growth target
Heracleum Persicum

Elon Musk tears up the decoupling script in China
Tesla founder doubles down on commitment to producing EVs in China
A big and crucially-timed PR win for Beijing

Both Xi and Li surely appreciate Musk’s firm rejection of the idea that the US and China can thrive economically separately.

West will lose against "non western block" .. China, India, Iran, Latino, Africa etc etc (6/7 of population and on the road to GDP)

Old good days no more .. the sooner West accepts reality the ahead West will be down the road
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

My guess PR China is using Musk to learn as much as possible about the Tesla EV technology so that it can be shared with and improved upon by Tesla's Chinese competitors; BYD will end up dominating the EV market in PR China