Would you marry your rapist?

Mr. Perfect

Would you marry your rapist?

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Wondering where this law came from.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2 ... 00577.html
A 16-year-old Moroccan girl has committed suicide after a judge ordered her to marry her rapist, according to Moroccan media reports.

Last year Amina’s parents filed charges against their daughter’s rapist, a man 10 years older than her but it was only recently that a judge in the northern city of Tangier decided that instead of punishing him, the two must be married.

The court’s decision to forcibly marry Amina to her rapist was supposed to “resolve” the damage of sexual violation against her, but it led to more suffering in the unwelcoming home of her rapist/husband’s family.

Traumatized by the painful experience of rape, Amina decided to end her life by consuming rat poison in the house of her husband’s family, according to the Moroccan daily al-Massae.

According to the newspaper, this type of forced marriage is rooted in local rural traditions to safeguard the honor of girls who are raped.

Moroccan penal code exempts a rapist from punishment if he agrees to marry his victim.

Feminists have long demanded an amendment to this article.

Hafida Elbaz, director of the Women’s Solidarity Association told a-Massae that the article provides an opportunity for a perpetrator to avoid punishment.

The story has widely spread on Twitter and on Facebook with many in Morocco demanding action against the judge who issued the ruling.
Censorship isn't necessary
YMix

Re: Would you marry your rapist?

Post by YMix »

The story has widely spread on Twitter and on Facebook with many in Morocco demanding action against the judge who issued the ruling.
If the story spread on T and FB in Morocco, then it was heard only by a tiny fraction of the country's population.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Re: Would you marry your rapist? ... That depends... Twisted

Post by monster_gardener »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Wondering where this law came from.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2 ... 00577.html
A 16-year-old Moroccan girl has committed suicide after a judge ordered her to marry her rapist, according to Moroccan media reports.

Last year Amina’s parents filed charges against their daughter’s rapist, a man 10 years older than her but it was only recently that a judge in the northern city of Tangier decided that instead of punishing him, the two must be married.

The court’s decision to forcibly marry Amina to her rapist was supposed to “resolve” the damage of sexual violation against her, but it led to more suffering in the unwelcoming home of her rapist/husband’s family.

Traumatized by the painful experience of rape, Amina decided to end her life by consuming rat poison in the house of her husband’s family, according to the Moroccan daily al-Massae.

According to the newspaper, this type of forced marriage is rooted in local rural traditions to safeguard the honor of girls who are raped.

Moroccan penal code exempts a rapist from punishment if he agrees to marry his victim.

Feminists have long demanded an amendment to this article.

Hafida Elbaz, director of the Women’s Solidarity Association told a-Massae that the article provides an opportunity for a perpetrator to avoid punishment.

Thank you Very Much for your post.
Imagining myself in the situation........ Doubt am at 100% verisimilitude but..........

Dark thought :twisted: .......... Perhaps........ If by so doing I was allowed without penalty to either dominate him :twisted: or ruin him and then divorce him :twisted: ........

A lot might depend if was pregnant......... practicality ................ If pregnant......... mostly likely Femme Domme route ...... make sure he is too exhausted working to bring home the bacon :wink: oops I mean goat :wink: to ever look at another woman with desire again........

But reality returns........

Sad...............

Another dark thought ........... too bad she didn't get a suicide bomb vest :twisted: and take out the rapist and/or the judge or ideally both... perhaps the hostile family too (small children excepted)...

To be fair.........IIRC there is something like this in the OT/Tanakh..... When a man had sex with an unmarried, un-betrothed woman........
Exodus 22:16-17 "If a man seduces a virgin who is not pledged to be married and sleeps with her, he must pay the bride-price, and she shall be his wife.
If her father absolutely refuses to give her to him, he must still pay the bride-price for virgins.
Also remember something about the seducer NOT being allowed to divorce his wife ever in this circumstance............

AIUI this seems to be aimed more at con-men seducers than forcible rapists.......... But I could be wrong.........
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

In many instances, if the girl refuses to marry the scumbag rapist, she gets killed.

Sad. Backwards. But reality.

When will they change.
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Dueling as a possible solution

Post by monster_gardener »

Hans Bulvai wrote:In many instances, if the girl refuses to marry the scumbag rapist, she gets killed.

When will they change.
Thank you Very Much for your post, Hans........

When will they change.

Maybe the meme can be changed........

Firearms/weapons training for everybody INCLUDING females.........

IIRC Shooting is one of the few Olympic sports allowed to Muslim females........

And maybe changing the emphasis of the honor........

IIRC in Uz Duels used to be fought if a man insulted a woman's honor by dissing let alone raping.

If the men of the family or tribe aren't up to it, give the victim a chance....... authorize her to take a shot at the perp either formally in a duel or informally in an ambush if he refuses to show up for the duel........

If someone has to die for this honor concept let her wash her/family/tribal honor clean in his blood or die trying......

Maybe not the best.............. but IMVHO better than the status quo.....
Last edited by monster_gardener on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

I know that maybe most cannot read the comments, but ALL (-1) of them condemed the judge and law.
Comment number 9 quotes the Prophet Mohamed : Only those who come to you in good faith and good {manners} can marry yours.

http://alquds.co.uk/index.asp?fname=onl ... -21-27.htm
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

In the USA, the question would be posed as "Would you carry your rapist's child?"