Jihad in Orlando, Florida

Alexis

Jihad in Orlando, Florida

Post by Alexis »

Orlando gay nightclub shooting: 50 killed, suspect is Omar Mateen

In the end, there is no question that civilized nations everywhere will defeat that murderous Jihadist ideology.

Now, for many murdered good people, and their relatives, is a time of grief.

Condolences to all Americans.
Typhoon

Re: Jihad in Orlando, Florida

Post by Typhoon »

Deep condolences to all affected.

Still remains to be seen if this is a coordinated directed attack or the evil actions of another lone-wolf psycho using Jihadism as a pretext.

Read some stuff quoting his ex-wife. An abusive partner who did not like women much . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

This is local news for me. The names have started to be released. Only about a dozen currently. So far, all are hispanic.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
YMix

Post by YMix »

Orlando Terrorist Worked for Major DHS Contractor

Officials say Omar Mir Seddique Mateen, an Afghan-American who held two firearms licenses and a security officer license, was employed by the security firm G4S Secure Solutions USA Inc. since Sept. 10, 2007. The Jupiter, Fla.-based company merged with the Wackenhut Corp. after 9/11 and assumed federal contracts.

“G4S supports the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (CPB), with its operations at the U.S. ­ Mexico border and with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to transport illegal immigrants in selected urban areas,” the company says in a brochure, titled “Providing Manpower Solutions for Government Services.”
The DHS contract with G4S is worth more than $234 million. The contract states that one of the “performance requirements” is helping identify “suspected terrorists” trying to enter the U.S.

The security contractor also provides security guards and other security services for “90 percent of U.S. nuclear facilities.”

[...]
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:This is local news for me. The names have started to be released. Only about a dozen currently. So far, all are hispanic.
It was apparently "Hispanic Night"
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Apparently the shooter called into channel 13 Orlando to state just because he "scouted out" several gay bars that he wasn't gay

https://twitter.com/KristinnFR/status/7 ... 6664367108
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Alexis wrote:Orlando gay nightclub shooting: 50 killed, suspect is Omar Mateen

In the end, there is no question that civilized nations everywhere will defeat that murderous Jihadist ideology.
They sure won't. There are enough jihadis in Europe already to overthrow it.
Censorship isn't necessary
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

An instable lone wolf madman inspired by contemporary madmen and ancient psychotic-delusional religious literature produced by long dead madmen. People who wonder why so many instable madmen are inspired by Islamic crazy literature using it as "a pretext" can now stop wondering. It it is where they feel @home.
Deep down I'm very superficial
manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

This may be the event that won the presidency for Donald Trump.

Alex.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Trump cannot win.
jerryberry

Post by jerryberry »

In the spirit of a hope I concur with your sentiments. As far as where perception meets reality I remain very skeptical but, being a fool, confidence has always terrified me. If this stuff becomes a norm of life I'm sorry to say we lost a long time ago and probably never had a chance. I can't imagine how frustrated Europeans feel.
jerryberry

Post by jerryberry »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Trump cannot win.

My main concern since San Bernardino has been an October surprise. Any of these guys smart enough with electronics and chemistry (like Boston) can pull off some pretty horrific events. We're at the mercy of the vigilance and self policing of the Islamic community. It is hard enough for families to call out their children or siblings on normal dysfunction. As for recognizing and reporting a potential terrorist.... I can't believe many people will see that or even want to believe it's possible. Especially when it's the people you love the most.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

jerryberry wrote:

In the spirit of a hope I concur with your sentiments. As far as where perception meets reality I remain very skeptical but, being a fool, confidence has always terrified me. If this stuff becomes a norm of life I'm sorry to say we lost a long time ago and probably never had a chance. I can't imagine how frustrated Europeans feel.
Well, ending unreserved US support for the major proponent, financier, and exporter of "that murderous Jihadist ideology",
Saudi Arabia, would be a good start.

As it has not done so, one can only assume it is not serious about the "War on [Jihadist] Terror".
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Well, ending unreserved US support for the major proponent, financier, and exporter of "that murderous Jihadist ideology",
Saudi Arabia, would be a good start.

As it has not done so, one can only assume it is not serious about the "War on [Jihadist] Terror".
The ship sailed on that talking point some time ago, that's fighting the last wars.

These Isis do just fine without the Saudis. New phase.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Alexis wrote:In the end, there is no question that civilized nations everywhere will defeat that murderous Jihadist ideology.
They sure won't. There are enough jihadis in Europe already to overthrow it.
Since the assertion you proposed is obviously false, I can only interpret it as an invitation to say how exactly I would prefer to solve that issue.

I won't. I don't think delving into details is necessary. Suffice it to say that several solutions are available, some slower, less violent and more just, some quicker, more violent and unjust. You can think them just as I can.

The more just and the less violent a solution, the better it is, even if that means the Jihadist terrorist campaign lasts a decade or more. That's why I favor this kind of solution, as long as terrorism level remains manageable.

If the level becomes too intense, it will be time to choose another solution.

jerryberry wrote:In the spirit of a hope I concur with your sentiments. As far as where perception meets reality I remain very skeptical but, being a fool, confidence has always terrified me. If this stuff becomes a norm of life I'm sorry to say we lost a long time ago and probably never had a chance. I can't imagine how frustrated Europeans feel.
Terrorist attacks being regular occurrences does not mean the war has been lost! :lol:

Israel has endured several terrorist campaigns, and overcome them.

Regarding frustration, well yes peace would be better. However, as an analyst here put it, we've enjoyed a very long 70 years of a very remarkable peace. It was bound not to last forever, anyway.

History continues, and European nations which have been around for many centuries will - quite easily - overcome this. :)
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Alexis wrote: Since the assertion you proposed is obviously false, I can only interpret it as an invitation to say how exactly I would prefer to solve that issue.

I won't. I don't think delving into details is necessary. Suffice it to say that several solutions are available, some slower, less violent and more just, some quicker, more violent and unjust. You can think them just as I can.

The more just and the less violent a solution, the better it is, even if that means the Jihadist terrorist campaign lasts a decade or more. That's why I favor this kind of solution, as long as terrorism level remains manageable.

If the level becomes too intense, it will be time to choose another solution.
White secular Europe will not defend itself. The rising Islamic Europe will defend itself. I may not have been clear. Europe will defend itself, just not the Europe most people think of.

History continues, and European nations which have been around for many centuries will - quite easily - overcome this. :)
European nations will survive, they will just be Islamic states.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

After 9-11, the [whoevers] of the world demanded to know what America did to provoke the attacks and the terrorism.

After 15 years, it is clear the question was not precise enough.

Almost all the terror attacks have been on leftist populations. NYC, Boston, Paris, Brussels, CA, and now a gay nightclub. No attacks in Boise Idaho. Oklahoma. Nothing in rural Georgia. Tennessee.

So the question is, what have liberals done to provoke this terror. Progressives. Jihadi Islam has declared war on progressive westerners. They don't seem to mind people like me at all. Interestingly, people like me actually wanted to go to war with the jihadis and protect the progressives, but the progressives virulently shot this down.

So the question is, why are progressives and jihadis locked in this conflict? What did they do to each other. I haven't the foggiest. Why are jihadis targeting them.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Mr. Perfect wrote:So the question is, why are progressives and jihadis locked in this conflict? What did they do to each other. I haven't the foggiest. Why are jihadis targeting them.
Well, the question seems to me... why so much nonsense can be this perfectly persistent. Most victims of Jihadis are different types of Muslims that are maybe a lot of things.. but not progressive secular folks. You haven't the foggiest because of the fog you live in.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I dunno, I'm outside the fog. I'm a spectator. Muslim on Muslim violence is as old as the sands, but after 9-11 Tinker and his friends made an issue of Muslim on Westerner violence. I'm wondering what progressives did to provoke this terror. They don't attack us in Kansas.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I dunno, I'm outside the fog. I'm a spectator. Muslim on Muslim violence is as old as the sands, but after 9-11 Tinker and his friends made an issue of Muslim on Westerner violence. I'm wondering what progressives did to provoke this terror. They don't attack us in Kansas.
Progressives didn't provoke anybody, they may unintentionally make some conservatives look more stupid that's all. ;) Muslim violence is concentrated in the Muslim world. Islamic terrorist madmen hate and kill so many different sorts of people that your suggestion that they have a special interest in your "progressives" is ludicrous. And your suggestion that progressives provoked those Islamist madmen fits better the madmen gvt in Qatar where a drugged and raped girl got charged with indecent behavior, like drinking some beer or wine in a bar so it was her own fault. The perfect excuse for a violent madman: I only got provoked so had to do something about it! Watch your step in your foggy world.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Parodite wrote: Progressives didn't provoke anybody, they may unintentionally make some conservatives look more stupid that's all. ;) Muslim violence is concentrated in the Muslim world. Islamic terrorist madmen hate and kill so many different sorts of people that your suggestion that they have a special interest in your "progressives" is ludicrous.
It's not my suggestion, it's the data.
And your suggestion that progressives provoked those Islamist madmen fits better the madmen gvt in Qatar where a drugged and raped girl got charged with indecent behavior, like drinking some beer or wine in a bar so it was her own fault.
It's not my suggestion, progressives have been saying it since 9-11. One wonders why you only object to it now.
The perfect excuse for a violent madman: I only got provoked so had to do something about it! Watch your step in your foggy world.
Not my foggy world.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Parodite wrote: Progressives didn't provoke anybody, they may unintentionally make some conservatives look more stupid that's all. ;) Muslim violence is concentrated in the Muslim world. Islamic terrorist madmen hate and kill so many different sorts of people that your suggestion that they have a special interest in your "progressives" is ludicrous.
It's not my suggestion, it's the data.
The data are entirely on my side. Terrorists who kill in the West don't pick and choose your "progressives". It only is your wet pipe dream they would do so. Add to that the data coming from within the Muslim world. Add to that the motives given by the terrorists themselves. Your "progressives" are not there. They only live in your fogged head.
And your suggestion that progressives provoked those Islamist madmen fits better the madmen gvt in Qatar where a drugged and raped girl got charged with indecent behavior, like drinking some beer or wine in a bar so it was her own fault.
It's not my suggestion, progressives have been saying it since 9-11. One wonders why you only object to it now.
Trump says the same. More and more conservatives become progressive lookalikes. Invading Iraq, meddling around in other peoples affairs and trying to play boss in the Meddle East way too long is an important factor that provoked anti-Western sentiments and also terrorism. You say the same. You want the Milo-doctrine like a true fundamentalist progressive.
The perfect excuse for a violent madman: I only got provoked so had to do something about it! Watch your step in your foggy world.
Not my foggy world.
Surreal and foggy.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Parodite wrote: The data are entirely on my side. Terrorists who kill in the West don't pick and choose your "progressives". It only is your wet pipe dream they would do so.
It's just the fact based observations. NYC, Boston, CA, Paris, Brussels, gay nightclubs, all progressives/progressive populations. I have nothing to do with any of it.
Add to that the data coming from within the Muslim world. Add to that the motives given by the terrorists themselves. Your "progressives" are not there. They only live in your fogged head.
Do you understand the difference between East/West terrorism and Muslim on Muslim terrorism. For some reason in the West progressives are taking the lion's share. Just doesn't seem to fit what progressives have been telling us for 15+ years.
Trump says the same.
Really. Where.
More and more conservatives become progressive lookalikes. Invading Iraq,
Invading Iraq was progressive? Interesting. I would like to learn more about that.
meddling around in other peoples affairs and trying to play boss in the Meddle East way too long is an important factor that provoked anti-Western sentiments and also terrorism.
So now you argue that girl in the short dress was asking for it. That was quick.
You say the same. You want the Milo-doctrine like a true fundamentalist progressive.
I can't find a fundamentalist of any stripe against ME interventions. We have several going on now, and the Democrats are voting for a candidate who wants to increase them. Trump is the closest to the MD we have ever seen.

Surreal and foggy.
Progressives are as progressives do.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:After 9-11, the Tinkers of the world demanded to know what America did to provoke the attacks and the terrorism.

Almost all the terror attacks have been on leftist populations. NYC, Boston, Paris, Brussels, CA, and now a gay nightclub. No attacks in Boise Idaho. Oklahoma. Nothing in rural Georgia. Tennessee.

So the question is, what have liberals done to provoke this terror. Progressives. Jihadi Islam has declared war on progressive westerners. They don't seem to mind people like me at all. Interestingly, people like me actually wanted to go to war with the jihadis and protect the progressives, but the progressives virulently shot this down.

So the question is, why are progressives and jihadis locked in this conflict? What did they do to each other. I haven't the foggiest. Why are jihadis targeting them.
Not even wrong.

To paraphrase Willie Sutton,

terrorist attack cities because where the people are.

And large populations centres are what will receive the most media coverage and have the maximum psychological impact.

Even the dimmest terrorist knows enough not to waste his evil efforts on Bumf*ck, West Virginia.

People living in cities tend to hold more liberal views than in the countryside.

Not unique to the USA, but throughout the industrialized world.

Your correlation is entirely spurious, accidental, and coincidental and is certainly not causation.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:After 9-11, the Tinkers of the world demanded to know what America did to provoke the attacks and the terrorism.

Not even wrong.

To paraphrase Willie Sutton,

terrorist attack cities because where the people are.

And large populations centres are what will receive the most media coverage and have the maximum psychological impact.

Even the dimmest terrorist knows enough not to waste his evil efforts on Bumf*ck, West Virginia.
Hey it got its name because that is what would happen to terrorists there. :D

When the communist party tried to march in the state Capitol during the Iranian hostage crisis was going on. They were run out of town. When the Westboro Bap Church folks tried to protest a soldiers funeral they were *told* not to So they just turned around and walked away without protesting. They were really really lucky that is all that happen. Anyway not a good place to try to mess with people like that.