The prophesied demise of the Democrat Party

Simple Minded

Re: The prophesised demise of the Democrat Party

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:43 pm

I agree with incumbents taking a break as well. It would be good for them to take a break and join the real world.

I would also add that losing an election should ban a politician from ever running for public office again. For congress especially. The founding fathers did not anticipate political parties and career politicians.

Another thing that could be done is remove the AC from the US capital building. It was installed in the 1930's because it was too hot inside. Before that congress could only meet 6 months of the year.

The excuse to do it in the midst of the great depression, was that congress would write much better laws if they met year round. :roll:
I'm good with the above.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:44 pm :lol: Mr. P, You seem to have forgotten the deep state repubs that tried to impeach Bill Clinton......

Sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.

The flip side of "If they get to do it, you gotta let us do it too!" is "If your side gets to do it, you gotta let the other side do it too!"

On the cosmos level, it might not be anything more than bad Karma.
Cool story. But just answer the question.
Censorship isn't necessary
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

I see no evidence that the Deep State has always tried to help Dems get elected. I think this is a recent phenomenon. Bush 41 & 43 were both establishment friendly Rs, the elder briefly having been CIA director. 2016 pitted an quintessential establishment neocon against someone who was explicitly and vehemently anti-establishment. What's mind-boggling to me is to witness the former anti-war, anti-establishment party not only cheering on the machinations of the intel community that they once despised, but also going crazy about anything Russia like red-baiters of old. They're neo-McCarthyites. It's insane.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:33 am
Simple Minded wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:14 am When both parties resemble each other to a large degree, the current scenario occurs. The Deep State reigns over both.
If the Deep State rules over both, why do they always work to get Democrats in power and Republicans out of power. Answer this question.
Not much surprise there, survival of the institution Trump supposed party ideological differences.
You didn't answer the question.
Mr. Perfect wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:59 pm
Simple Minded wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:44 pm :lol: Mr. P, You seem to have forgotten the deep state repubs that tried to impeach Bill Clinton......
Sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.
The flip side of "If they get to do it, you gotta let us do it too!" is "If your side gets to do it, you gotta let the other side do it too!"

On the cosmic level, it might not be anything more than bad Karma.
Cool story. But just answer the question.
Damn Mr. P, I figured even you might be able to follow this simple example.

I was merely pointing out the most well known example of deep state republicans trying to get a democrat out of power. It was in all the papers at the time. Which invalidated your original assertion since you included the word "always."

Now, if you still want to make the case for "always".............. "always" will require a lot of data points. Feel free to start listing your examples.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

crashtech66 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:07 am I see no evidence that the Deep State has always tried to help Dems get elected. I think this is a recent phenomenon. Bush 41 & 43 were both establishment friendly Rs, the elder briefly having been CIA director. 2016 pitted an quintessential establishment neocon against someone who was explicitly and vehemently anti-establishment. What's mind-boggling to me is to witness the former anti-war, anti-establishment party not only cheering on the machinations of the intel community that they once despised, but also going crazy about anything Russia like red-baiters of old. They're neo-McCarthyites. It's insane.
well said. One does not have to wait long for DC types to adopt the behavior, ideals, and policies of their opponents. Behavior, ideals, and policies that the once self-righteous party previously despised and flaunted as proof of their opposing partie's depravity and lack of moral integrity.

The pot calling the kettle black seems to happen on a periodic basis.

IMSMO, that is why the middle 60% of voters decides to vote out the majority, the party incumbents every few years. Drives the 20% perennially partisans on each side insane. Seems to catch them off guard every time it happens for some odd reason.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:34 am Damn Mr. P, I figured even you might be able to follow this simple example.

I was merely pointing out the most well known example of deep state republicans trying to get a democrat out of power. It was in all the papers at the time. Which invalidated your original assertion since you included the word "always."

Now, if you still want to make the case for "always".............. "always" will require a lot of data points. Feel free to start listing your examples.
Cool story. Just answer the question though.

*Bill Clinton's impeachment has no bearing of "Deep State" anything. The Deep State opposed Newt Gingrich and supported Bill Clinton.

Just answer the question.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

crashtech66 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:07 am I see no evidence that the Deep State has always tried to help Dems get elected. I think this is a recent phenomenon. Bush 41 & 43 were both establishment friendly Rs, the elder briefly having been CIA director. 2016 pitted an quintessential establishment neocon against someone who was explicitly and vehemently anti-establishment. What's mind-boggling to me is to witness the former anti-war, anti-establishment party not only cheering on the machinations of the intel community that they once despised, but also going crazy about anything Russia like red-baiters of old. They're neo-McCarthyites. It's insane.
Wow. The establishment was firmly behind Dukakis, Clinton, Gore and Kerry. I was there, I'm not sure where you guys were.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:04 am
Wow. The establishment was firmly behind Dukakis, Clinton, Gore and Kerry. I was there, I'm not sure where you guys were.
Living in a red haze apparently.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:38 am
Living in a red haze apparently.
Definitely not living in a Purple Haze. He wouldn't be caught dead hanging with those Tri SOB's.

or is it the Rose colored glasses? Probably from the Elton John collection......
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol your inability to answer a Simple Question is starting to rival Adam Schiffs.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

If one really wants to enjoy this thread, you gotta go back to the beginning and browse thru.

Reading 3 years of posts and predictions in 30 minutes will give you a chuckle.

Reminds me of the old National Lampoon gag:

Mamie Eisenhower: "I'm not dead, yet!"
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Cool story. What does it have to do with your inability to answer a basic question. You are starting to remind me of James Comey.
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

You are conflating the media establishment with the intelligence community, their convergence is a recent development and likely only for convenience. At this point I think it is up to you to provide substantiation of your claims, instead of demanding it of others over and over.
Doc

Post by Doc »

It was going on before Reagan but after Bush 41 took over bad actors in government apparently had a lot more leeway.

Ruby Ridge:
Man(Randy Weaver)lied to about charges he was facing and loss of his ranch no matter if he was acquitted or not.
FBI Goal: Force him to become an informant for the FBI.

12 year old son killed by a federal marshal after Marshal kills the boy's dog. The marshal died at the same time
Wife killed by sniper of the FBI Hostage RE-incarnation team while she was holding her months old baby from an 800 yard shot.
Weaver and friend shot. Leaving all the adults on the ranch gravely wounded. Weaver's remaining children

End result the FBI gives remaining children $1 million each, and $100,000 to weaver
Gives Hostage re-incarnation team members medals for shooting woman holding baby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

Waco:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege

While I am not saying these people were right in their beliefs. Just that the government grossly trampled over their civil rights.

With the Waco siege Koresh had previously been charged and put on trial for weapons violations. But in that case he was notified of the charges and had turned himself in to authorities. As I recall he was acquitted of those charges.

Also every Sunday morning he went jogging and could have easily been arrested away from the compound. But the apparent reason for the ATF to conduct the raid was that hearing on it budget were coming up and a simple arrest along a country road would not give them the big show raid to justify getting more money.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

crashtech66 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:22 pm
You are conflating the media establishment with the intelligence community, their convergence is a recent development and likely only for convenience. At this point I think it is up to you to provide substantiation of your claims, instead of demanding it of others over and over.
During the Bush Admin the FISA court, at least for a while stopped taking FISA warrant applications from the FBI because the FBI had abused the system too many times.

Talk about timing......

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fisa-c ... blic-order
Justice Department
Published 55 mins ago
Last Update 31 mins ago
FISA court slams FBI over surveillance applications, in rare public order
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

crashtech66 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:07 amWhat's mind-boggling to me is to witness the former anti-war, anti-establishment party not only cheering on the machinations of the intel community that they once despised, but also going crazy about anything Russia like red-baiters of old. They're neo-McCarthyites. It's insane.
Wow. I missed this the first time. What in the world surprised you about that.
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:19 am
crashtech66 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:07 amWhat's mind-boggling to me is to witness the former anti-war, anti-establishment party not only cheering on the machinations of the intel community that they once despised, but also going crazy about anything Russia like red-baiters of old. They're neo-McCarthyites. It's insane.
Um, well, we could start with ol' Joe McCarthy having been a Republican. Traditionally the whole "reds under the bed" thing was the province of conservatives. It's a little surreal to witness these changes and realize that there's absolutely no awareness of it in pop culture. I think it's fair to say that in this moment, the Democrats are the party that celebrates the surveillance state, promotes fear of Russia, and is pro-war, all things that were anathema to Dems when I was a kid.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

crashtech66 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:00 am Um, well, we could start with ol' Joe McCarthy having been a Republican. Traditionally the whole "reds under the bed" thing was the province of conservatives.

It's a little surreal to witness these changes and realize that there's absolutely no awareness of it in pop culture. I think it's fair to say that in this moment, the Democrats are the party that celebrates the surveillance state, promotes fear of Russia, and is pro-war, all things that were anathema to Dems when I was a kid.
The Democrats when you were a kid were the same as now, they just hid it slightly better. I'm amazed anyone ever fell for it.

I detailed all of this for you over the years down to the dots, that you didn't believe me or understand me isn't my fault.
Doc

Post by Doc »

crashtech66 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:00 am
Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:19 am
Um, well, we could start with ol' Joe McCarthy having been a Republican. Traditionally the whole "reds under the bed" thing was the province of conservatives. It's a little surreal to witness these changes and realize that there's absolutely no awareness of it in pop culture. I think it's fair to say that in this moment, the Democrats are the party that celebrates the surveillance state, promotes fear of Russia, and is pro-war, all things that were anathema to Dems when I was a kid.
Did you know that we were warned about Trump long ago and more than once?
EMJ1-B9W4AEdLND.jpeg
EMJ1-B9W4AEdLND.jpeg (80.84 KiB) Viewed 1959 times
Hillary warning about Trump in the 1990's

j0uCrA7ePno
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:21 am
crashtech66 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:00 am Um, well, we could start with ol' Joe McCarthy having been a Republican. Traditionally the whole "reds under the bed" thing was the province of conservatives.

It's a little surreal to witness these changes and realize that there's absolutely no awareness of it in pop culture. I think it's fair to say that in this moment, the Democrats are the party that celebrates the surveillance state, promotes fear of Russia, and is pro-war, all things that were anathema to Dems when I was a kid.
The Democrats when you were a kid were the same as now, they just hid it slightly better. I'm amazed anyone ever fell for it.

I detailed all of this for you over the years down to the dots, that you didn't believe me or understand me isn't my fault.
That's okay if you don't want to give any examples. We'll just move on, then.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Almost every single day I've posted in the Spenglerverse I devoted my life energy to documenting in detail every evil done by that evil party that I was able to.

In fact every other thread I ever created in that time was about the evil of the Democrats, going back to their slavery days, their segregation days, their Tammany Hall days, creation of the Fed days, New Deal days, Soviet appeasement days, terrorist appeasement days, their war on the traditional family, their war on the Constitution and individual liberty, and on and on and on and on, while you apparently did not bother to read any of it.

If you want to read it, just go back in this forum or any of the older forums, and just look up the threads I started and read them. I devoted a great deal of life energy to doing so.

And you didn't even bother to read them. :?

So I will wait here while you do that, make sure to go back many years, you will see everything about them you are just now noticing I knew basically since I was born.

I mean, why would I waste my time writing it all again when you didn't even read it the first time.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:00 am
I mean, why would I waste my time writing it all again when you didn't even read it the first time.
Amen Bro. I with you on this one.

Sometimes I think: "Why should I waste my time writing it all the first time when not everyone connected to the internet is going to read it, and some of those who do read my posts, are not going to agree with me and consider me to be omniscient?"

Then I think about the Biblical parable of talents and think: "Alright God! Alright! I'll do it. Get off my back already!"

Against stupidity, even us gods struggle in vain!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Sometimes I think: "Why should I waste my time writing it all the first time when not everyone connected to the internet is going to read it, and some of those who do read my posts, are not going to agree with me and consider me to be omniscient?"

Then I think about the Biblical parable of talents and think: "Alright God! Alright! I'll do it. Get off my back already!"

People assume there has to be "a first time for everything". That is a vain assumption that everything needs to happen.It doesn't. We assume the first light in the "morning". But that is assuming the Sun comes up. That is a big lie. It doesn't have to come up. It is only predicted to come up in the "morning".

Which leads to the 100% correct adage. "Early to bed Early to rise can lead one to an unpleasant surprise"

Now as I currently identify as a broken clock I can state, with absolute certainty, I am 100% correct at least twice a day, every day. So I am at least as accurate as the Sun, and most likely more so.

Now let's see someone **prove** they have a better track record than that. !!
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:28 pm
Simple Minded wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:47 pm

People assume there has to be "a first time for everything". That is a vain assumption that everything needs to happen.It doesn't. We assume the first light in the "morning". But that is assuming the Sun comes up. That is a big lie. It doesn't have to come up. It is only predicted to come up in the "morning".

Which leads to the 100% correct adage. "Early to bed Early to rise can lead one to an unpleasant surprise"

Now as I currently identify as a broken clock I can state, with absolute certainty, I am 100% correct at least twice a day, every day. So I am at least as accurate as the Sun, and most likely more so.

Now let's see someone **prove** they have a better track record than that. !!
So you refuse to acknowledge my omniscience.... how bout my omnipotence.....maybe my omni-omni-ness?

Any reader who refuses to acknowledge the other posters are superior to themselves by any conceivable standard of measure, is not only offensive, but just plain insensitive!!!

If you could tell me time your clock is stopped at, I promise not to post during that minute. That way, you can have all the glory to yourself!

:D
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

A lesson from across the Pond for the US Democatic party.

Aero | The Left is Having an Identity Crisis

Predict that it will be studiously ignored by the DNC.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.