The prophesied demise of the Democrat Party

Simple Minded

Re: The prophesised demise of the Democrat Party

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:48 am A lesson from across the Pond for the US Democatic party.

Aero | The Left is Having an Identity Crisis

Predict that it will be studiously ignored by the DNC.
First thought prior to reading this article.

Pretty much everyone I have ever met, who is intent on fixing other people, suffers from an identity crises!

If they didn't have an identity crises, their sense of personal responsibility would lead them to focus on self-improvement, fix themselves, mind their own business, and STFU while doing do.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:48 am A lesson from across the Pond for the US Democatic party.

Aero | The Left is Having an Identity Crisis

Predict that it will be studiously ignored by the DNC.
Excellent article CS, thanks for posting.

A link contained in the above article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/01/opin ... lture.html

Me thinks the generation gap trumps a lot of ideology.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:25 pm
Doc wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:28 pm
Simple Minded wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:47 pm
Mr. Perfect wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:00 am
I mean, why would I waste my time writing it all again when you didn't even read it the first time.
Amen Bro. I with you on this one.

Sometimes I think: "Why should I waste my time writing it all the first time when not everyone connected to the internet is going to read it, and some of those who do read my posts, are not going to agree with me and consider me to be omniscient?"

Then I think about the Biblical parable of talents and think: "Alright God! Alright! I'll do it. Get off my back already!"

Against stupidity, even us gods struggle in vain!
People assume there has to be "a first time for everything". That is a vain assumption that everything needs to happen.It doesn't. We assume the first light in the "morning". But that is assuming the Sun comes up. That is a big lie. It doesn't have to come up. It is only predicted to come up in the "morning".

Which leads to the 100% correct adage. "Early to bed Early to rise can lead one to an unpleasant surprise"

Now as I currently identify as a broken clock I can state, with absolute certainty, I am 100% correct at least twice a day, every day. So I am at least as accurate as the Sun, and most likely more so.

Now let's see someone **prove** they have a better track record than that. !!
So you refuse to acknowledge my omniscience.... how bout my omnipotence.....maybe my omni-omni-ness?

Any reader who refuses to acknowledge the other posters are superior to themselves by any conceivable standard of measure, is not only offensive, but just plain insensitive!!!

If you could tell me time your clock is stopped at, I promise not to post during that minute. That way, you can have all the glory to yourself!

:D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can quantifiably state that I am 100% correct twice a day everyday.

How can you claim omnipotence when you can't quantify it? That seems to be something else I can do that you cannot :D
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:59 pm

How can you claim omnipotence when you can't quantify it? That seems to be something else I can do that you cannot :D
Actually, it's pretty easy. I do it. God does it. Mr. Perfect does it. Lots of people do it. Doesn't really seem to take a lot of effort either. It also feels pretty good....
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:18 pm
Doc wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:59 pm

Actually, it's pretty easy. I do it. God does it. Mr. Perfect does it. Lots of people do it. Doesn't really seem to take a lot of effort either. It also feels pretty good....
I suppose everyone is god at something. Sometimes that is good. Sometimes that is bad.

I knew a guy from High school that was not illiterate, but was pretty close to it.

But if you were stranded in a forest somewhere, and wanted to survive, he was the guy that could make that happen.

He didn't need no stinkin civilization. He really knew how to live off the land.

He also knew how to get by the encryption of cable boxes and satellite receivers. He was pretty good at that as well
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

IFKwg_W01MY

ENf0j8lM0b8
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Doc wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:00 pm IFKwg_W01MY

ENf0j8lM0b8
Wishful thinking from the Trump propaganda train.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:19 pm
Yep.

The perpetual flaw of group identity thinking. Thinking that the statement of an individual represent anything more than the single individual's opinion.

Joe calls into a radio show and says: "I and going to do X!"
Expert analysis: "Joe is a Y. Therefore, lots of Y's are going to do X."

Lots of money to be made playing this game.
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://news.gallup.com/poll/284156/tru ... -best.aspx
Trump Job Approval at Personal Best 49%

:roll:
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Simple Minded wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:33 pm
Yep.

The perpetual flaw of group identity thinking. Thinking that the statement of an individual represent anything more than the single individual's opinion.

No, just that the campaigns are now in full swing. Terrible SOTU by Trump. Basically a stump speech which ignored all problems and showcased slanted statistics and anecdotal individuals selected to hit identity political and sentimental touchpoints.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:27 pm
Yep.

No, just that the campaigns are now in full swing. Terrible SOTU by Trump. Basically a stump speech which ignored all problems and showcased slanted statistics and anecdotal individuals selected to hit identity political and sentimental touchpoints.
SOTUs are obsolete. The MSM makes up far more problems than there actually are, and tells us about them, not once a year, but 24/7
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Doc wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:49 am
Yep.

SOTUs are obsolete. The MSM makes up far more problems than there actually are, and tells us about them, not once a year, but 24/7
Just thinking about that while watching bits of the SOTU. Technology has unmoored the whole ritual. The theater is just gonna get moar from here on out.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

SOTU speeches have always been campaign rallying speeches, at least as far back as I can remember. Once you control the bully pulpit, you're obligated to be Cheer Leader In Chief for your party and your own re-election.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:10 am

SOTU speeches have always been campaign rallying speeches, at least as far back as I can remember. Once you control the bully pulpit, you're obligated to be Cheer Leader In Chief for your party and your own re-election.
What's more Trump's SOTU seems to have been received well

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Yep.

The problem is the country has real threats which are not mentioned. The MSM and Trump both ignore bond yields, the repo crisis, the equity bubble, obor, Eurasia etc.

If the Dems realize Trump’s speaking style is not stupidity but stage patter like a cheap magician or used car salesman uses the President is going to have a problem. I doubt he can drag this act out until the election.

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:52 am bond yields, the repo crisis, the equity bubble, obor, Eurasia etc.
those are "hot potato" items, aslong as you think you can see out your term without them going nuclear, they are the next guys problem.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:52 am
Yep.

The problem is the country has teal threats which are not mentioned. The MSM and Trump both ignore bond yields, the repo crisis, the equity bubble, obor, Eurasia etc.

If the Dems realize Trump’s speaking style is not stupidity but stage patter like a cheap magician or used car salesman uses the President is going to have a problem. I doubt he can drag this act out until the election.
What every politician said in the history of the world " Where would are nation be without this great land of ours" Trump is less a politician than most. Politicians are most notably *NOT* straight shooters
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

noddy wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:19 am
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:52 am bond yields, the repo crisis, the equity bubble, obor, Eurasia etc.
those are "hot potato" items, aslong as you think you can see out your term without them going nuclear, they are the next guys problem.
An address on ‘The State of the Union’ is supposed to be exactly that and not a lengthy self-aggrandizement and promotion.

Teresa of Ávila
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:15 pm
noddy wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:19 am
An address on ‘The State of the Union’ is supposed to be exactly that and not a lengthy self-aggrandizement and promotion.
It's neither of those. It's purpose to be a shameless promotion of the country the President is temporarily in charge of. Certainly the current POTUS tends to conflate what's good for him with what's good for the country, but there were plenty examples in the speech of things that were specifically and explicitly positive for the US, the Left just chose to ignore them since they couldn't take credit for them.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

State of The Union // Unfit Senate Hoot

:P
Deep down I'm very superficial
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:15 pm
Don't hold your breath......
Doc

Post by Doc »

Die Hard Nancy. She is demanding that Facebook and Twitter take this down:

Maybe she should have saved her act for the Academy Awards
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

America’s Coming Three-Party System
Writing in the shadow of the Iowa (Ca-)Caucus fiasco, I am taking a risk in what I am going to say, but the handwriting seems to be on the proverbial wall. The United States will soon have three, not two, major political parties. The days of the two-party system, as we know it, are numbered.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/americas- ... 24966.html
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Doc

Post by Doc »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:09 pm America’s Coming Three-Party System
Writing in the shadow of the Iowa (Ca-)Caucus fiasco, I am taking a risk in what I am going to say, but the handwriting seems to be on the proverbial wall. The United States will soon have three, not two, major political parties. The days of the two-party system, as we know it, are numbered.
Largely agree except it will be 1 and 3 1/2 parties

TtAshpSmczM
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:09 pm America’s Coming Three-Party System
You girl, are giving me some serious wood! ;)

IIRC, Mr. Perfect had a name for this phenomena, but it escapes me at the moment. Geometric Symbology of some sort.