Dangerously Divided America

Simple Minded

Re: Dangerously Divided America

Post by Simple Minded »

Thomas Sowell had an interesting take on it.

Racial discrimination got much worse in the US when southern blacks migrated north, bringing with them the white southern redneck mentality, including the foolish sense of pride, honor, and getting your feelings hurt at the drop of a hat, and the speaking of Ebonics.

This low standards of personal responsibility and behavior, were not appreciated by either Northern whites nor Northern blacks.

Once a person starts feeling good about being a victim, it is a tough cycle to break.

Weird huh?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:02 am
Doc wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:00 am
Simple Minded wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:51 am
Doc wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:25 am
Looks like a troll.... talks like a troll...
Don't be so hard on poor Zack doc. His people are just doing whatever my people tell them to do. What choice do they have?

If you want to blame anyone for his behavior, blame me!
But but tell Zack to please stop with the boot to my neck, and the necks of everyone else he is opposed to.... Please !!!

;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll take him out to Chucky Cheeze's for pizza and then to Dairy Queen for ice cream and have a long overdue father to son talk.

Maybe you could join us?

If you could wear blackface, and speak in Ebonics, he'll be less fearful and more likely to listen. Should also help with his comprehension.

Sure I am from WV so I already know how to speak the original form of "ebonics" As far as his comprehension goes I am afraid it has had a major malfunction. Zacks know what he "knows to be true" There is no coming back from that. :D
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:34 am

Sure I am from WV so I already know how to speak the original form of "ebonics" As far as his comprehension goes I am afraid it has had a major malfunction. Zacks know what he "knows to be true" There is no coming back from that. :D
Wow! You're from WV? The only place lower on the totem pole is Mississippi!

That's a good start at building common ground as brother victims!

When we get to DQ, use the Biden tactic and order a "Black and White Twist!" He'll be putty in your hands.

TRIGGER WARNING!!!! Pictured below from left to right: me, you, and Zack.
Attachments
b&w2.jpg
b&w2.jpg (97.2 KiB) Viewed 5821 times
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Apollonius wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:08 am Quite a funny article in The Spectator ...

The carnival in the Capitol - Ben Sixmith, The Spectator, 7 January 2021
https://spectator.us/carnival-capitol-camp-larping/

... which gets beyond the faux outrage and complete hypocrisy of the media.

The author links to this insightful piece:

How camp explains Trump - Matthew Walther, The Week, 30 November 2020
https://theweek.com/articles/951933/how ... ains-trump

Camp, according to Sontag, "sees everything in quotation marks." It also depends upon "flamboyant mannerisms susceptible of a double interpretation; gestures full of duplicity, with a witty meaning for cognoscenti and another, more impersonal, for outsiders." This is what the fact-checking crowd never understood: Trump's off-the-cuff superlatives, both positive and negative, were part of a performance. The hysterical reaction of journalists, especially those who assume that such statements are capable of being judged in some coldly objective, quantitative manner, to his assertion that he has done more for African Americans than any president with the possible exception of Lincoln is the point, and so is the breathless defense from figures like Candace Owens.

I like this:
One thing Sontag does not mention in her essay is that politically speaking camp belongs decidedly, if not with any especial degree of conviction, to the right. Mussolini with his pouting lips and burlesques of classical architecture was a camp figure in a way that no left-wing dictator could be. Margaret Thatcher was camp, and so was Silvio Berlusconi. Camp is incompatible with progressive politics because its assumption of a hierarchy of understanding between those who do and do not "get it" is inherently anti-egalitarian, and with modish liberalism because it rejects moralism. (The polar opposite of right-wing camp is Aaron Sorkin.)
Yep! Those who wear their "Red Badges of Micro-Aggression Wounds" with pride (as if they were symbolic of some personal achievement) will never get it. Thanks for posting Apollonius!!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:32 pm
Doc wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:34 am

Wow! You're from WV? The only place lower on the totem pole is Mississippi!

That's a good start at building common ground as brother victims!

When we get to DQ, use the Biden tactic and order a "Black and White Twist!" He'll be putty in your hands.

TRIGGER WARNING!!!! Pictured below from left to right: me, you, and Zack.
I am not sure. Not sure how I feel about my native language, Hillbillyonics, being culturally appropriated and renamed "ebonics" Who do these cutlural appropriators think they are HIllary Clinton or somthun?

UCyvyyo6dtQ
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Tulsi Gabbard on divided America

Part 1:
Z8mb66RssxA

Part 2:

OEm8x8FUvGo
Doc

Post by Doc »

Speaking of civil war The last widow of the first American Civil war died last month

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... la-jackson

Woman believed to be last remaining widow of US civil war soldier dies
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:22 pm
I am not sure. Not sure how I feel about my native language, Hillbillyonics, being culturally appropriated and renamed "ebonics" Who do these cutlural appropriators think they are HIllary Clinton or somthun?

UCyvyyo6dtQ
Similar to nobody does white better than a black person earning $50k or more a year, nobody does redneck better than an elitist trying to impress their constituents.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:31 pm
Doc wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:22 pm

UCyvyyo6dtQ
Similar to nobody does white better than a black person earning $50k or more a year, nobody does redneck better than an elitist trying to impress their constituents.
Exactly. But just wait this next year should get interesting. I expect aliens to show up any day now with a Nu York accent.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Tablet | The Five Crises of the American Regime

The mob assault on the Capitol is simply another entry in the catalogue of American decline

Political.

Identity.

Social.

Demographic.

Economic.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

noddy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:43 am
Zack Morris wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:44 pm
noddy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:04 am i thought these where all the depressing oxy addicted shithole whitebread places, how does that work for all the big progressive cities and the BLM problems ?
Parroting Mr. Perfect, I see. Repeatedly debunked but your opinion hasn't changed in years. Intellectual ossification has taken hold of this forum.

You can begin arriving at the answer by considering why private sector companies -- mostly headquartered in urban areas -- have become so introspective of their hiring procedures and diversity training?
its one of the few things i agree with Mr P on, because its true.

blaming poor white people for the racial state of america is beyond comical, its retarded - basically its the same middle class reasons that used to be racist, tweeked to point at poor whites instead.
Fact: the US was a white supremacist patriarchy until the 20th century. Explicit discrimination was government policy until the 1960’s and blacks were prohibited from participating in a lot of the wealth creation that is the source of present day generational wealth for whites (GI Bill, real estate, etc.)

Fact: there are far more poor blacks than poor whites. There are not a lot of “poor whites” as you describe them. Whites in red districts are poorer than those in blue districts but they are not “poor” in the sense you write. And they have more political power than people in blue districts!

Fact: as a result of their brutal historical treatment and lingering prejudice, blacks have little to no wealth relative to whites, which is a serious handicap.

These are facts whose implications you and Mr Perfect seem to have difficulty grasping.

The “poor whites” argument is a straw man. They just don’t exist in the sort of relative numbers that poor blacks do.
https://mashable.com/2014/05/28/google- ... ographics/

white, asian and indian men - the same demographics for success in all middle class passive aggressive office based industries - the only thing id expect to change is the ratio of women.

it takes a certain cultural background to survive the middle class office, its the "white adjacent" cultures
“White adjacent” sounds like it will turn out to be whatever you want it to be to argue that blacks are inherently incapable of working at Google. This leads us nicely back to my original question.

The reason Google and others invest heavily in diversity programs is that although they understand there is a pipeline problem — hard to hire enough blacks when there are so few qualified applicants in the first place — they also understand that fixing the pipeline problem will require eliminating unconscious barriers that create a negative feedback effect. We all have unconscious biases and realizing what they are is illuminating. These are culturally transmitted. The recent history of explicit, legal discrimination coupled with the lingering disparities is bound to reinforce stereotypes and prejudicial attitudes. Numerous studies attest to this.

That’s partly why blue districts are not perfect. That, and the fact that blue districts are a fiction: they are very much purple.

What prevents blacks from being “white adjacent” if not very recent history? Indians did not come here in shackles. Nor did the Chinese.

---

face it, nobody really believes in multiculturism, the best we get is multiracial - all the big tech companies, all the big institutions have very narrow versions of reality when it comes to suitable culture.

the only argument id have is with government paid positions - the fact thats all middle class only jobs is the real problem here.
Hard to define multiculturalism. Everyone expects some degree of assimilation. But it seems that some people are more easily triggered than others and I think a big part of it is simply lack of exposure.

I know someone who is triggered by non-European traditional clothing, particularly south Asian and African. She was raised in an Eastern European country where everyone was the same (and apparently still is, hence why said country remains a backwater incapable of producing influential cultural output).
Doc

Post by Doc »

Capital Police welcoming "Violent" trump supporters into the US Capital Building

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:59 am Capital Police welcoming "Violent" trump supporters into the US Capital Building

I'm surprised this can be found on Twitter.

doc,

as I posted previously:

"If the barbarians weren't allowed inside the gates yesterday, several thousand prophets and enlightened proselytizers wouldn't have had jackshit to talk about today!"

Smells a bit fishy.

Can you say "false flag?" I knew you could.
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Zack Morris wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:47 am
Apollonius wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:58 pm Unlike you, Zack, I believe local residents have at least some right to how their community develops.
I didn't say anything to the contrary. I am saying local residents can't exclude black people, for example.
As I remember it, you consider anyone who says anything against immigration, including illegal immigration, to be a racist.

Apollonius wrote:Also, in terms of Western Civilization, it may surprise you to learn that 'racism' is not among the Seven Deadly Sins.
Neither is murder.
It's in the Ten Commandments.

What exactly is your point? Judaism and Christianity have not lead Western moral development for centuries now.

Wrong. Just for example, it's entirely because of Christianity that slavery was outlawed, first by Britain and a number of European countries, and then eventually the U.S. Yes, I know. You were one of those kids who were too busy on the cell phone to listen to a history lesson back when it wasn't taught from a strict critical race theorist outline.

Apollonius wrote:Well, no. Many examples prove you wrong. Blacks (especially) cannot be ejected from school for disruptive behaviour.
What are you talking about? Black students are routinely expelled from schools all across the nations.

That's not what I hear from teachers. Do you know any?

Apollonius wrote:Recently I posted about 'spirit murder', which is what teachers promoting critical race theory claim white people are doing to blacks. It's a bit jarring to hear of 'spirits' from the Left, but as long as these people want to bring it up, isn't that exactly what schools, the media, and politicians are subjecting white kids (and now Asian kids as well) to? Spirit murder. Or to put into secular terms: Distortions and outright lies.

Several people on this forum -- yourself and our moderator included -- have latched on to the idea that American schools have become re-education camps for radical left-wing ideology. Ironically, none of you have likely been within a thousand yards of an American classroom or university for decades. You are struggling to cope with a deluge of information and are failing to properly discount sources that reaffirm your dark and cynical view of the world.

"Critical race theory" exists primarily in the extreme right wing media bubble. I have never heard the term spoken (outside of online right wing talking heads) in the real world. And I bet you haven't either. I bet you've never met a real life, in-the-flesh human being who could describe what critical race theory is let alone a proponent of it!

Did it originate in some left-wing fever swamp? I have no doubt about it. But it's use is apparently mostly to instill nightmares in conservative people who keep a gun beside their door because the world outside terrifies them.

Just a few posts ago you were lecturing us about 'systemic racism'. What else is there to critical race theory? And you're right, major features like the New York Times' 1619 Project, now used as a syllabus in thousands of American schools have no influence whatever. Half the school age population doesn't go to school anymore. The other half are too busy on their cell phones to pay attention.

My concerns are overblown. I'll just write an article for the CBC telling Canadians that the reason we set up residential schools was that Native kids were being neglected and abused and it was felt they could do with a little education. Whoops! Conservative leader Erin O'Toole just spoke those words last week and was forced to recant by the chief of Canada's Assembly of First Nations. The reason they were set up was to perpetrate GENOCIDE.

Apollonius wrote:If you're watching those TV channels you mentioned (that probably also includes Fox) as much as you tell us, forgive me for being sceptical.
I'm perfectly capable of filtering that appropriately. Haven't succumbed to believing in "spirit murder" yet :D
Please write Perry Bellegarde, National Chief of the Canadian Assembly of First Nations. He needs to hear from sceptics like you.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:00 am

Hard to define multiculturalism. Everyone expects some degree of assimilation. But it seems that some people are more easily triggered than others and I think a big part of it is simply lack of exposure.

I know someone who is triggered by non-European traditional clothing, particularly south Asian and African. She was raised in an Eastern European country where everyone was the same (and apparently still is, hence why said country remains a backwater incapable of producing influential cultural output).
I agree with you here Zack. Where some see oppression, others see opportunity. America is diverse enough to be the ultimate ink blot.

Every one is a blind man touching the elephant, or as a buddy says "my own private Idaho!"

John McWhorter had a great quip "These kids get to a university, and they have access to unlimited knowledge. They can become anything simply by devoting time and effort. And a lot of them limit themselves by deciding "I want to be Black!"

or gay or trans or hyphen something

Starving to death at an all you can eat buffet. Their parents should be dope slapped.
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Heather Mac Donald has been a supporter of Donald Trump, however, she's had enough:

Trump’s exit - Heather Mac Donald, City Journal, 8 January 2021
https://www.city-journal.org/trumps-exit
Encouraging a mob to target his own allies and disrupt the rule of law, the president has ended his tenure disgracefully—and emboldened the Left.

Sadly, I have to agree. Even though there's more to allegations of vote fraud than she lets on, I still think it was a very bad idea to encourage this kind of behaviour.

I think Trump kinda went off the deep end with covid. Half the population, left and right, Democrat and Republican, has gone off the deep end, so in that respect he's entirely normal.

One more comment. I mentioned Erin O'Toole in my last post. He's our Conservative leader. He made a good point about the reason for residential schools-- and then blew it by bringing in some non-factual information about Pierre Elliot Trudeau's participation in this scheme.

Why do 'conservatives' have so many leaders who are as bad as 'liberal' ones?

Recently Conservatives had an opportunity to choose a leader with some smarts:

Sarnia-Lambton Conservative MP considering leadership run, will confirm decision after winter holidays
- CBC News, 13 December 2019
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/ ... -1.5396090
Marilyn Gladu has held the Sarnia-Lambton riding for the Conservative Party since 2015

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Gladu

Marilyn Gladu MP (née McInerney;born 1962) is a Canadian politician who was elected as a Member of Parliament in the House of Commons of Canada to represent the federal electoral ward Sarnia—Lambton during the 2015 Canadian federal election.[2]

Gladu was a professional engineer who worked for Dow Chemical for 21 years, in a variety of roles locally and globally. She then became engineering manager and subsequently the director of engineering at Suncor before taking a consultant role at WorleyParsons. During her career, Gladu was the chair for the Canadian Society of Chemical Engineers locally, and the national director of science and industrial policy for the same organization. She has been on the dean's advisory council for the Faculty of Engineering at Queen's University.

She currently serves as both the Official Opposition's critic for health and as chair of the Standing Committee on Status of Women. Under the previous leadership of Rona Ambrose, Gladu was the Official Opposition critic for science.

In the October 2019 election, she was elected for a second term for the Sarnia—Lambton riding.

But they chose someone who can't even properly articulate conservative positions.

It's very frustrating.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

I suspect something much more profound might be going on, but in the "deep down I'm very superficial" :P sense. It is not so much the fight over who will be behind the steering wheel of Racing Car USA, but how to sabotage the car itself to make sure the drive will be exciting, dangerous, super wild and with enough real risk for juicy bloody accidents no matter who is driving it.

Who really wants a well organized, transparent voting process where everybody can trust the outcome? Competing candidates who behave and talk reasonably, discussing complex issues decently on TV in a way that really makes the voters better informed? How much money would media make covering such a politically dead and boring landscape? After work people want to watch competitive sports and drama on TV, or read some tabloid gossip and have an opinion is fun enough. Some adrenaline rush cheering your team.

Also: small, simple causes can have huge and complex (unforeseen) consequences. Who needs the simple fix of a problem when the consequences are juicy with loads of money to be made? As long as there is food on the table of course. When enough people sink into real poverty it becomes a ticking time bomb.

In the mean time this experiment in a closed jar, like this one in Jartopia. Cool to watch!
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:42 pm
Doc wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:59 am Capital Police welcoming "Violent" trump supporters into the US Capital Building

I'm surprised this can be found on Twitter.

doc,

as I posted previously:

"If the barbarians weren't allowed inside the gates yesterday, several thousand prophets and enlightened proselytizers wouldn't have had jackshit to talk about today!"

Smells a bit fishy.

Can you say "false flag?" I knew you could.
Sure seems that way.

One note the original BLM was strictly non violent, before the actual Maoist communist that set up the BLM web site took the movement over . They would set up marches and if anyone became violent. (at least that I saw) would stop it. In one case someone that seemed to be Auntie Fa was breaking up a side walk to make rocks to throw at the police. The BLM marchers around him grabbed him and pushed him into the police line for the police to arrest Which they did.

I think Tim Pool pointed out that f you have a group of people protest marching down a street (with a protest permit) it seems Auntie Fa will have one of their own get in front of the crowd and lead them down the wrong street that is not part of the route on the permit. The police then react and the marchers get angry since they don't know the exact march route on the permit so think that the police are abusing them.

The main weapon of organized leftist group is to stir up emotions and get people to stop thinking.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NYT: Pentagon Officials Say Pelosi Asked Them To Stage A Military Coup Against President Trump

j2TUNlvJpo0
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:15 pm I suspect something much more profound might be going on, but in the "deep down I'm very superficial" :P sense. It is not so much the fight over who will be behind the steering wheel of Racing Car USA, but how to sabotage the car itself to make sure the drive will be exciting, dangerous, super wild and with enough real risk for juicy bloody accidents no matter who is driving it.

Who really wants a well organized, transparent voting process where everybody can trust the outcome? Competing candidates who behave and talk reasonably, discussing complex issues decently on TV in a way that really makes the voters better informed? How much money would media make covering such a politically dead and boring landscape? After work people want to watch competitive sports and drama on TV, or read some tabloid gossip and have an opinion is fun enough. Some adrenaline rush cheering your team.

Also: small, simple causes can have huge and complex (unforeseen) consequences. Who needs the simple fix of a problem when the consequences are juicy with loads of money to be made? As long as there is food on the table of course. When enough people sink into real poverty it becomes a ticking time bomb.

In the mean time this experiment in a closed jar, like this one in Jartopia. Cool to watch!
Well said. The "fundamental transformation of America" was Obama's most popular campaign slogan. Neither party has restored the process of establishing budgets in over a decade. Neither party adheres to budgets even if they are established.

I've long thought that lawyers are more interested in an infinitely long discussion and arguing about problems than solving them. Arguing keeps you in the limelight and is a source of income.

No doubt the tech giants and corp giants look at the politicians and think "They're incompetent and ignorant. We can run things better."

The last 12-20 years, the Dem vs. Repub has seemed more and more like the NY Yankees vs. the Boston Red Sox, or the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. the Dallas Cowboys. Both adversaries seem to be subsets of the greater organization.

I suspect that Repubs or Dems thinking they are going to control Big Tech is a lot like the tail thinking it is wagging the dog.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I suspect that Repubs or Dems thinking they are going to control Big Tech is a lot like the tail thinking it is wagging the dog.
DARPA started the internet. Pretty sure they still know where the “off” switch is.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

It is Sunday, January 10, 2021 and one of my very reliable sources has told me he was inbound to Camp Pendleton due to the Insurrection Act being signed...
https://www.monkeywerxus.com/blog/hyufd ... 0vht85vu04

Some other data in the link, as well as plausible speculation.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:26 pm
It is Sunday, January 10, 2021 and one of my very reliable sources has told me he was inbound to Camp Pendleton due to the Insurrection Act being signed...
https://www.monkeywerxus.com/blog/hyufd ... 0vht85vu04

Some other data in the link, as well as plausible speculation.
I have seen mankeywerxus here and there. I am getting tired of all the alien theories. Lastest is that the election was a black ops operation conducted in Italy. BTW do you know that there are actually two species of aliens living among us? The north American faction are green and have big bug eyes While the ones controlling Europe are Aryan Looking and smoke pipes.

It is just a huge distraction from from FACTS like

Big Tech and wall street banksters have made an extra $650 billion dollars worth of profit since the COVID-1984 "15 days to stem the spread" shut down started 300 days ago.In that same time lower class and lower middle class Americans have seen an average of a 40% decrease in income.
At the beginning of the shut downs there were no known reliable treatments for CCP virus. Even the means of transmission were unknown.

Apple Google and Amazon are criminally colluding in trying to shut down free speech. Removing the Twitter alternate Parler.com in the former two and removing Parler from its cloud servers on Amazon's part.
4t98v3.jpg
4t98v3.jpg (96.21 KiB) Viewed 5702 times
If you want to do something positive call your congressional reps in Washington BE POLITE and ask them what the hell is going on in DC and what are they going to do to prevent a civil war? Tell them they need to do something to calm things down.

Then after get on the phone and call your state representatives and tell them you want them to pass legislation that bans mail in ballots Requires all ballots to be paper ballots. Also require a valid and legal ID be presented to register to vote and receive an Absentee ballot. In the case of Overseas US military Ballot should include a signature from their immediate commanding officer.
Parodite

The Blessings of Revenge

Post by Parodite »

Simple Minded wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:56 pm Well said. The "fundamental transformation of America" was Obama's most popular campaign slogan. Neither party has restored the process of establishing budgets in over a decade. Neither party adheres to budgets even if they are established.

I've long thought that lawyers are more interested in an infinitely long discussion and arguing about problems than solving them. Arguing keeps you in the limelight and is a source of income.

No doubt the tech giants and corp giants look at the politicians and think "They're incompetent and ignorant. We can run things better."

The last 12-20 years, the Dem vs. Repub has seemed more and more like the NY Yankees vs. the Boston Red Sox, or the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. the Dallas Cowboys. Both adversaries seem to be subsets of the greater organization.

Indeed.

Just adding some maybe brain farts.

Maybe the need for some good lavender hitting the fan, for excitement and theater, for a mad max fury reality where the wheels keeping rolling off for entertainments sake, general satisfaction and opportunity to make money... is what ultimately saves the USA from the claws of global corporate tech oligarchy.

Maybe the fight and solution will never be political, but simply a good ol' eye for an eye that creates enough chaos and destruction to force something new into being. As an alternative to war with too much death and destruction.

Just think of it how good a revenge feels when you perceive it as justified. Someone, some people inflicted pain on you or your loved ones and for no justifiable reason. You know to be as innocent as the lamb of God, and as such a true victim. (to be clear: even in the christian moral universe where you shouldn't hate your enemy nor revenge on him.. Oh Boy.. that revenge will cometh still when the Lord slays all evil doers, non-believers sending them to hell or to eternal oblivion. Which proves to me that the need for revenge and destroying your enemies is as universal as it is biologically natural.)

Maybe Trump just wanted his revenge, an eye for an eye after four years of relentless attacks on his personality and credibility as a potus, with lie after lie being pumped into the air waves by the usual suspects; big corp owned MSM, the neo-lib mega-hypocrite DNC and the gullible quasi-adult mobs on social media addicted to trouble and blame gaming providing and multiplying the click-bait social media corps need. He didn't directly incite to violence, but could definitely have said things to prevent getting capitol hill out of control. He didn't. Why would he? His rather impressive instincts probably tell him that only enough chaos and some inevitable blood can save the USA from being sucked dry and enslaved by global forces, now further consolidating and expanding their dictatorial powers. If so he believes.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Simple Minded wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:33 am Thomas Sowell had an interesting take on it. ...

Speaking of whom:

Is truth irrelevant? - Thomas Sowell, Jewish World Review, 12 January 2021
http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell011221.php3