Dangerously Divided America

Simple Minded

Re: Dangerously Divided America

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:31 pm
Simple Minded wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:41 pmI think both parties might be experiencing TEOTWAWKI.
Good.

I'm waiting with great interest to see if the Republicans split and collapse as a party. I told Mr. Perfect some time ago that, in my opinion, the two parties are designed to fight each other and the collapse of one party would trigger the destruction of the other. Validation shall be mine!
Very possible. The death of the dragon means the dragon slayer has no reason to exist.

The partisan Democrats I know say I need to vote for them or the Republicans will sodomize me.
The partisan Republicans I know say I need to vote for them or the Democrats will sodomize me.
Both parties rely heavily upon the selling point of "the other party is even more f**ked up than we are!"

"I am buttplug you can trust in the (your?) end!" isn't the greatest slogan I've ever heard. Doesn't inspire confidence.

Butt (pun intended) if you live in perennial fear of the "other," what choice do you have?
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Hi folks, was checking my bookmarks and saw "On the Nature of Things" bookmark, lucky still had the password.

Have to admit, America not America when we talk last .. Trump made America really great

Well, to be honest, was expecting would take a bit longer, but things went too fast straight head first into toilet.

Hmmm .. Nor mad mullahs now mad mullahs we talked last.

In the meantime, Xi laughing

Best Biden can do is a "controlled crash landing", that's all .. forget old good days

ARK
noddy

Post by noddy »

:)!

hope you have been well, and prosperous.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:46 am Hi folks, was checking my bookmarks and saw "On the Nature of Things" bookmark, lucky still had the password.

Have to admit, America not America when we talk last .. Trump made America really great

Well, to be honest, was expecting would take a bit longer, but things went too fast straight head first into toilet.

Best Biden can do is a "controlled crash landing", that's all .. forget old good days

ARK
Glad to have you back HP. We thought you might be in Heaven telling God how much Heaven sucked compared to Iran....

Glad to hear you are not there yet. Hopefully Mr. Perfect will let you bunk with him when the time comes.

We've been practicing crash landing for 50+ years now. As long as no more than 40% of the zip codes are crash landing at any given time, it seems normal. We're actually pretty used to it already!! ;)
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Hi HP!
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:46 am Hi folks, was checking my bookmarks and saw "On the Nature of Things" bookmark, lucky still had the password.

ARK

Hello, HP

Happy to see you are well.
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

What happened to the populist left? - Chadwick Moore, The Spectator, 31 January 2021
https://spectator.us/topic/what-happene ... rtnership/

The corporate global elite have manipulated activists into taking to the streets to rage for the machine

... The Obama-era Occupy Wall Street movement was antifa’s predecessor. Though it was made up of largely the same demographic of white rich kids and college professors, Occupy had legitimate grievances. A sizable number of those who supported Occupy, I’d wager, went on to vote Trump a few years later.

The rest of those Occupiers, along with the Gen Xers who rioted in Seattle against free trade, quickly proved to have pathetically shallow constitutions. What we learned from this millennium’s populist left is they never really cared about free trade or being anti-war or fighting Wall Street; they only wanted to feed some inner yearning to destroy things. Instead of sticking to convictions and using their collective might to achieve real change, they only suckled an inner brat and rapidly allowed the media and big business, including Wall Street, to shift their movement’s focus from economics to fairy tales about Nazis, white supremacists, and racism.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Apollonius wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:57 am What happened to the populist left? - Chadwick Moore, The Spectator, 31 January 2021

The corporate global elite have manipulated activists into taking to the streets to rage for the machine

... The Obama-era Occupy Wall Street movement was antifa’s predecessor. Though it was made up of largely the same demographic of white rich kids and college professors, Occupy had legitimate grievances. A sizable number of those who supported Occupy, I’d wager, went on to vote Trump a few years later.

The rest of those Occupiers, along with the Gen Xers who rioted in Seattle against free trade, quickly proved to have pathetically shallow constitutions. What we learned from this millennium’s populist left is they never really cared about free trade or being anti-war or fighting Wall Street; they only wanted to feed some inner yearning to destroy things. Instead of sticking to convictions and using their collective might to achieve real change, they only suckled an inner brat and rapidly allowed the media and big business, including Wall Street, to shift their movement’s focus from economics to fairy tales about Nazis, white supremacists, and racism.
They who clamor loudest for freedom are often the ones least likely to be happy in a free society… They want to eliminate free competition and the ruthless testing to which the individual is continually subjected in a free society.

Freedom aggravates at least as much as it alleviates frustration. Freedom of choice places the whole blame of failure on the shoulders of the individual… Unless a man has the talents to make something of himself, freedom is an irksome burden.

The reason that the inferior elements of a nation can exert a marked influence on its course is that… [they] crave to dissolve their spoiled, meaningless selves in some soul-stirring spectacular communal undertaking.

The permanent misfits can find salvation only in a complete separation from the self; and they usually find it by losing themselves in the compact collectivity of a mass movement
- Eric Hoffer "The True Believer"
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Apollonius wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:57 am What happened to the populist left? - Chadwick Moore, The Spectator, 31 January 2021

Thanks for posting Apollonius. I think in the olden days the revolutionaries who enthusiastically supported their oppressors were called "useful idiots."
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:12 am
They who clamor loudest for freedom are often the ones least likely to be happy in a free society… They want to eliminate free competition and the ruthless testing to which the individual is continually subjected in a free society.

Freedom aggravates at least as much as it alleviates frustration. Freedom of choice places the whole blame of failure on the shoulders of the individual… Unless a man has the talents to make something of himself, freedom is an irksome burden.

The reason that the inferior elements of a nation can exert a marked influence on its course is that… [they] crave to dissolve their spoiled, meaningless selves in some soul-stirring spectacular communal undertaking.

The permanent misfits can find salvation only in a complete separation from the self; and they usually find it by losing themselves in the compact collectivity of a mass movement
- Eric Hoffer "The True Believer"
An excellent book. Human remains constant. Political terms are always in flux.
Doc

Post by Doc »

The Biden Admin is so desperate to build its war machine Kamala Harris is proposing the commitment of crimes against humanity to recycle land mines

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... land-mines
Harris: West Virginia will see jobs through 'reclaiming abandoned land mines'
:lol:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Doc wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:02 am The Biden Admin is so desperate to build its war machine Kamala Harris is proposing the commitment of crimes against humanity to recycle land mines

I thought you meant blue.....0_o'.......

AvQlCv4K37c

Don't let them touch.....><'.........

0NfxIOfIWBw
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

typo attack!
Last edited by Simple Minded on Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:02 am The Biden Admin is so desperate to build its war machine Kamala Harris is proposing the commitment of crimes against humanity to recycle land mines

give em some credit recycling old land mines to wage new wars, instead of building new land mines is Green warfare. Do it for Mother Earth! Sustainability is important!
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I think she was probably talking about all the abandoned strip mines in WV.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:37 pm

I once dated a mine sweeper. She cleaned up nicely!
Last edited by Simple Minded on Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:37 pm

There are more Strip clubs in WV then Strip mines. Maybe that is how she got confused. She was probably thinking that Miners should learn to strip club.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:44 pm

give em some credit recycling old land mines to wage new wars, instead of building new land mines is Green warfare. Do it for Mother Earth! Sustainability is important!
Imagine I thought Biden was going to blow out the budget with the green new deal. Next thing you know he will be defusing the population bomb by sending Land Mines to NY State Nursing homes.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:59 am

I thought you meant blue.....0_o'.......

AvQlCv4K37c

Don't let them touch.....><'.........

0NfxIOfIWBw
I was thinking more in terms of

If you want to hang out
You've got to take her out
Land Mines

If you want to get down
Down in the ground
Land Mines

She can blow
She can blow
Just like Snow
Land Mines
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:24 am

There are more Strip clubs in WV then Strip mines. Maybe that is how she got confused. She was probably thinking that Miners should learn to strip club.
I think the MSM is covering up a racist slur against the French, she really said Strip Mimes. Or maybe even memes.
Heracleum Persicum

Biden pretty much continuing Trump policy, with minor changes (Europe)

Doubling down on Russia and China

With mad mullahs, bacillary continuation of Trump policy

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-inte ... agreement/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55972619

Quich response :

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... clear-deal

Seems American internal problems, economic, social, political, racial, infrastructure etc etc , not the priority

And , as Summer said, $ 1.9 Trillion free money will lead to hyper infltion without helping the real economy

this pretty much continuation of last many yrs downhill ..

Trump "America First" in reality was a "OUTING", out of closet .. there no such things as "America is back" .. World not world used 2B

https://www.salon.com/2021/01/26/while- ... g_partner/

IMHO, Biden should hand that space to mad mullahs, ask China to help America to retool .. and .. concentrate inside our beloved US of A to
tackle issues endangering American existence entering the new world.

IMF saying , in 2028 China will be first economy, India the 2nd economy .. LOL

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

It's even worse than you think....

One of the best current comparisons I have seen yet of those who prefer virtual reality to reality:

https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... heffernan/

"
Los Angeles Times columnist Virginia Heffernan, who lives in Brooklyn Heights but who lives somewhere rurally to escape Covid, recently had a dilemma: her Trump-loving neighbors did something nice for her. She doesn’t know what the right thing to do about it is.

Now, stop right there. Normal people don’t have this problem. Normal people think, aww, how nice, and start thinking of ways to return the kindness. But normal people are not Harvard-educated New York-based liberal journalists....

Bless her heart, Virginia Heffernan doesn’t know any better. She is the product of elite colleges and urban liberal media culture, and doesn’t understand that one doesn’t politicize neighborliness. One doesn’t look at one’s neighbors and sort the decent from the indecent based on how they vote. If our big-city newsrooms had more people in them who had some sort of real understanding of and sympathy for people like Heffernan’s snowplowers, we might not be such a divided country. But we all know that when the papers hire for “diversity,” they really mean they want to get ten different flavors of liberal.

As I have said before "There is no common ground in cyberspace!"
Doc

Post by Doc »

Duplicate
Last edited by Doc on Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:58 pm It's even worse than you think....

One of the best current comparisons I have seen yet of those who prefer virtual reality to reality:

https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... heffernan/

"
Los Angeles Times columnist Virginia Heffernan, who lives in Brooklyn Heights but who lives somewhere rurally to escape Covid, recently had a dilemma: her Trump-loving neighbors did something nice for her. She doesn’t know what the right thing to do about it is.

Now, stop right there. Normal people don’t have this problem. Normal people think, aww, how nice, and start thinking of ways to return the kindness. But normal people are not Harvard-educated New York-based liberal journalists....

Bless her heart, Virginia Heffernan doesn’t know any better. She is the product of elite colleges and urban liberal media culture, and doesn’t understand that one doesn’t politicize neighborliness. One doesn’t look at one’s neighbors and sort the decent from the indecent based on how they vote. If our big-city newsrooms had more people in them who had some sort of real understanding of and sympathy for people like Heffernan’s snowplowers, we might not be such a divided country. But we all know that when the papers hire for “diversity,” they really mean they want to get ten different flavors of liberal.

As I have said before "There is no common ground in cyberspace!"
HOW DARE THEY CLEAN SNOW FROM THEIR NEIGHBORS DRIVEWAY !! Next thing you know the neighbors will be setting up a death camp in the garage !!!

Hey...Do you think maybe cleaning snow from the neighbors driveway is a dog whistle for genocide?

Seems like woke left journalism is getting desperate for new ground to break. #CancelDisneyPlus was the top trend on Twitter earlier. Not because Disney thanked the CCP agencies that guard Uygur prisoners in CCP concentration camps, but because Disney fired one of the actors from the Mandalorian who said in a tweet that demonizing people was what the Nazis did to the Jews.
Heracleum Persicum

All of these elements of the Roman syndrome are evident in America today.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... an-crisis/