Mr. Perfect wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:26 am
Typhoon wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:59 am coronavirus-data-explorer.png
Do you happen to know the real story on Ivermectin use in Japan
Interesting

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/
Ivermectin, ‘Wonder drug’ from Japan: the human use perspective
Andy CRUMP*1 and Satoshi ŌMURA*1†
Editor: Satoshi ŌMURA
Yes, a notable achievement in the field of drug discovery. Thank you for the link to the article.

I was vaguely aware of ivermectin's use as an antiparasitic agent.

However, its use in attempting to treat viral infections is an entirely different matter.
Just as would be the use of a bacterial antibiotic to treat the influenza virus.

Nature | The lesson of ivermectin: meta-analyses based on summary data alone are inherently unreliable

The Western, predominantly US, obsession with supposed alternative "magic bullet" solutions is an interesting side-show to this COVID-19 misadventure.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Re: The Potential Pandemic | Ebola, MERS, and other fears

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:01 pm
Doc wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:15 am
Mr. Perfect wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:26 am
Typhoon wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:59 am coronavirus-data-explorer.png
Do you happen to know the real story on Ivermectin use in Japan
Interesting

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/
Ivermectin, ‘Wonder drug’ from Japan: the human use perspective
Andy CRUMP*1 and Satoshi ŌMURA*1†
Editor: Satoshi ŌMURA
Yes, a notable achievement in the field of drug discovery. Thank you for the link to the article.

I was vaguely aware of ivermectin's use as an antiparasitic agent.

However, its use in attempting to treat viral infections is an entirely different matter.
Just as would be the use of a bacterial antibiotic to treat the influenza virus.

Nature | The lesson of ivermectin: meta-analyses based on summary data alone are inherently unreliable

The Western, predominantly US, obsession with supposed alternative "magic bullet" solutions is an interesting side-show to this COVID-19 misadventure.
Seems to me that the "Magic Bullet" solution is the vaccines. Which pushed treatments aside. COVID is now endemic. Vaccines are not going to end it. . Anymore than vaccines are going to end the flu. They aren't even making people immune for more than a few months. Yet experimental vaccines are still being pushed and anything that does not cost $100's per (Merch's new drug will cost $700 per patient Mulitply that by billions of people) treatment are also being pushed aside and in fact very little money is being spent to study cheap treatments

Meta-analysis is a secondary studies. With Covid treatments and vaccines however there is a money bias. No money, no study. The FDA is paid to approve drugs by big drug companies that stand to make huge profits from those approvals. It has been that way since at least the 1990s. Drug companies are even allowed to suppress studies with less than good results.

What could go wrong?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Well, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it - I won't attempt to convince you otherwise.

As for my own choices, I'll go with basic public health measures and vaccination.

coronavirus-data-explorer.png
coronavirus-data-explorer.png (656.18 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:28 am Well, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it - I won't attempt to convince you otherwise.

As for my own choices, I'll go with basic public health measures and vaccination.

People should decide based on what their doctor, who knows their medical history says. Not what someone on the internet or a far away bureaucrat who never even heard of them personally says. Nor what an advertisement on CNN tells you to do*

This goes for any medication or treatment.

This is so true, even though the manufacture's intrusion label on the COVID vaccine specifically says it should be administered intramuscularly
Pfizerinstructions.jpg
Pfizerinstructions.jpg (170.17 KiB) Viewed 1346 times
So why is the CDC basically saying not to follow the instructions?

A) Because it is somewhat painful to get a shot. Aspiration can mean the needle has to be remove and a second jab my be needed. That is the number one reason cited for not aspirating when giving the vaccine. IE it might hurt more. Implying that health officials fear the chance of additional pain will cause more people not to take the vaccine.

Additionally, they claim the odds of an accidental intravenous injection is very small. If that is true then why would they care if so few people had to get jabbed twice?
And what happen to the Hippocratic oath? IE "quote]Practice two things in your dealings with disease: either help or do not harm the patient[/quote]

Doctors, at least in theory, still practice the above.... Medical "experts" however are not your doctor. Medical "experts" of all kinds only have the montage of big picture, not your personal picture. So "Do no harm" gets morphed into "Do no harm to the greater Good" They seem to think their job is marketing rather than medicine.

The best meme to come out of this pandemic

*I haven't watched network news for years now. I don't have cable TV and there are no network affiliated stations that I can receive off the air, Though when I did, the news programs were all supported by Big Pharma. Which in many cases bought their silence and/or positive spin, on the ill effects of drugs they sold.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Apologies for my tardy reply. Life is placing inordinate demands on my time lately. Post-illness, it seems that when I have some free time, I have simply been passing out in my office chair, then staggering off to bed without even setting up the coffeemaker. It's getting better, though.

I have had COVID. Presumably the delta variant, though the test result did not contain that information. My first symptoms occurred on 14 September, and I went to the drug store to buy a thermometer. Sure enough, a low grade fever. Next day, I didn't go to work. Higher fever, no energy. Scheduled a test, and was able to get a nose swab at a drive-up testing center on the same day. On 16 September I get the fateful result. No energy doesn't describe it. Simply putting away a few items of clothing or heating up some canned soup has me winded, nauseated, and laying down for a nap. Fever in excess of 38.6°C.

For the next 2 weeks, I am wracked by a fever, productive cough, and unexpectedly, severe gastrointestinal distress as well, all of which persist to the resolution of symptoms. Sense of smell is gone, and sense of taste is not simply gone, but deranged. Normally I drink several cups of black coffee in the morning, but that is now impossible, because suddenly it tastes like scheisse. Many foods, or even the thought of them, become repulsive. Finally on 30 September I was no longer feverish, and most symptoms had abated, though both an annoying dry cough and the anosmia persist to this day, and I still am pretty low on energy. Not doing a good job at any of my husbandly duties yet at this time. I have to wonder if I'll ever be 100%. Probably not.

At least I can say that at no time did I feel like I had to go to the hospital. Good thing, too, because I have heard that a lot of people die from COVID when they do that. ;)
noddy

Post by noddy »

harsh.

their are probably asthma/emphysema type steroids you can take to help work your way through to improved lung function ?
ultracrepidarian
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

I only know of this second hand, but may I never become complacent and cavalier about the severity of this disease and the gravity of the situation imposed on family, friends and coworkers. Much respect to you for your recovery and for your positive outlook for the future........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

noddy wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:08 am harsh.

their are probably asthma/emphysema type steroids you can take to help work your way through to improved lung function ?
There were only a few brief times when I started to feel like I could not get enough air. Such feelings tend to induce panic and make things far worse, so I had to very purposefully remain calm and just continue to breathe as well as I could. Also it hurt to breathe in deeply. But I feel pretty good now. Not going to be running a marathon, or even around the block just yet, but my breathing is okay now.

I think the worst part was how damn long it lasted. Also deeply disturbing to me was the fact that my doctor refused to give me Ivermectin. I'm now looking for a private practice physician. Too many doctors are just tools of the hospital they are employed by.
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:12 am I only know of this second hand, but may I never become complacent and cavalier about the severity of this disease and the gravity of the situation imposed on family, friends and coworkers. Much respect to you for your recovery and for your positive outlook for the future........
Thanks liz, that means a lot!
Doc

Post by Doc »

crashtech66 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:54 am Apologies for my tardy reply. Life is placing inordinate demands on my time lately. Post-illness, it seems that when I have some free time, I have simply been passing out in my office chair, then staggering off to bed without even setting up the coffeemaker. It's getting better, though.

I have had COVID. Presumably the delta variant, though the test result did not contain that information. My first symptoms occurred on 14 September, and I went to the drug store to buy a thermometer. Sure enough, a low grade fever. Next day, I didn't go to work. Higher fever, no energy. Scheduled a test, and was able to get a nose swab at a drive-up testing center on the same day. On 16 September I get the fateful result. No energy doesn't describe it. Simply putting away a few items of clothing or heating up some canned soup has me winded, nauseated, and laying down for a nap. Fever in excess of 38.6°C.

For the next 2 weeks, I am wracked by a fever, productive cough, and unexpectedly, severe gastrointestinal distress as well, all of which persist to the resolution of symptoms. Sense of smell is gone, and sense of taste is not simply gone, but deranged. Normally I drink several cups of black coffee in the morning, but that is now impossible, because suddenly it tastes like scheisse. Many foods, or even the thought of them, become repulsive. Finally on 30 September I was no longer feverish, and most symptoms had abated, though both an annoying dry cough and the anosmia persist to this day, and I still am pretty low on energy. Not doing a good job at any of my husbandly duties yet at this time. I have to wonder if I'll ever be 100%. Probably not.

At least I can say that at no time did I feel like I had to go to the hospital. Good thing, too, because I have heard that a lot of people die from COVID when they do that. ;)
CrashTech Hope you get over the remaining symptoms soon. The sense of taste and smell may take a while to return to normal. I know of a woman that had COVID in January and she still doesn't have a sense of smell. Is is a really good cook but since COVID everything she makes is way to salty.

BTW Were you vaccinated?
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Doc wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:28 pmCrashTech Hope you get over the remaining symptoms soon. The sense of taste and smell may take a while to return to normal. I know of a woman that had COVID in January and she still doesn't have a sense of smell. Is is a really good cook but since COVID everything she makes is way to salty.

BTW Were you vaccinated?
Thanks for the well wishes, Doc! I was not vaccinated. I am among the "vaccine hesitant," particularly regarding the brand new mRNA version. Not being convinced that we know enough yet about the long-term safety of the new tech, I had decided to learn more about the J&J version when I became infected.

I would really like to get my sense of smell back. My losing it again is a minor tragedy, since I lost it at the age of 23 and had just regained it at the beginning of this year after over 30 years of not being able to smell. Now it's gone again...
Doc

Post by Doc »

crashtech66 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:48 pm
Doc wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:28 pmCrashTech Hope you get over the remaining symptoms soon. The sense of taste and smell may take a while to return to normal. I know of a woman that had COVID in January and she still doesn't have a sense of smell. Is is a really good cook but since COVID everything she makes is way to salty.

BTW Were you vaccinated?
Thanks for the well wishes, Doc! I was not vaccinated. I am among the "vaccine hesitant," particularly regarding the brand new mRNA version. Not being convinced that we know enough yet about the long-term safety of the new tech, I had decided to learn more about the J&J version when I became infected.

I would really like to get my sense of smell back. My losing it again is a minor tragedy, since I lost it at the age of 23 and had just regained it at the beginning of this year after over 30 years of not being able to smell. Now it's gone again...
There may be some kind of therapy you can do to get it back.

Or maybe you just have to wait
https://www.verywellhealth.com/anosmia- ... rn-5197462
While some people with COVID-related anosmia recover within a few weeks, many people may take longer to recover. One study found that about 95% of people recovered from COVID-related anosmia within six months.2
As for the J&J vaccine if you get it talk to your doctor about it and MAKE SURE they aspirate the injection before they unload the syringe into your arm. Tell them to do that before they actual jab you. When I got it they did not do that and I bled after the shot which means it was injected directly into a blood vessel and not into muscle like the manufacture instruction says it should be.

I ended up with blood clots and (obviously) a non fatal "minor" stroke. As best I can figure getting the vaccine injected into a vein is more or less the same thing as getting an overdose of it.

I didn't talk to my doctor about it either before hand. Though I did end up talking to a lot of doctors afterwards.
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Doc wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:25 pm ...As for the J&J vaccine if you get it talk to your doctor about it and MAKE SURE they aspirate the injection before they unload the syringe into your arm. Tell them to do that before they actual jab you. When I got it they did not do that and I bled after the shot which means it was injected directly into a blood vessel and not into muscle like the manufacture instruction says it should be.

I ended up with blood clots and (obviously) a non fatal "minor" stroke. As best I can figure getting the vaccine injected into a vein is more or less the same thing as getting an overdose of it.

I didn't talk to my doctor about it either before hand. Though I did end up talking to a lot of doctors afterwards.
I'm not going to worry about getting vaccinated in the near term. I have a certain amount of faith in my body's ability to repel the virus now that I have lived through an infection. I hope some information on the duration of natural immunity becomes available, though as it does not fit well with the established narrative I would assume such studies to be rare.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

crashtech66 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:49 pm
Doc wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:25 pm ...As for the J&J vaccine if you get it talk to your doctor about it and MAKE SURE they aspirate the injection before they unload the syringe into your arm. Tell them to do that before they actual jab you. When I got it they did not do that and I bled after the shot which means it was injected directly into a blood vessel and not into muscle like the manufacture instruction says it should be.

I'm not going to worry about getting vaccinated in the near term. I have a certain amount of faith in my body's ability to repel the virus now that I have lived through an infection. I hope some information on the duration of natural immunity becomes available, though as it does not fit well with the established narrative I would assume such studies to be rare.
I posted a study on natural vs vax immunity here a couple days ago. Not sure which forum.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:32 pm I posted a study on natural vs vax immunity here a couple days ago. Not sure which forum.
Probably this one: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3062&p=155289#p155290
Although according to Dr. Gorski's "Science Based Medicine" article, who is linked in Typoon's post and who is very dismissive of even the term "natural immunity," I should go get vaccinated immediately.

So many conclusions in search of evidence. People are not just failing to rein in their biases, they seem to be failing to recognize they have them at all. This gets worse the more accomplished the individual. We're in the strange position of needing to trust the most credentialed the least. Bizarre state of affairs.
Doc

Post by Doc »

crashtech66 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:49 pm

This particular video on what was not well known from the 3 hour Rogan - Gupta interview covers a lot of what has not been covered in the MSM. Particularly which lifestyles are being hit particularly hard by the vascular disease known as COVID-19 I have posted both the HTML link and the URL as the forum here has not been working for everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI8L8uhnSic

HI8L8uhnSic
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Doc wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:35 pmThis particular video on what was not well known from the 3 hour Rogan - Gupta interview covers a lot of what has not been covered in the MSM. Particularly which lifestyles are being hit particularly hard by the vascular disease known as COVID-19 I have posted both the HTML link and the URL as the forum here has not been working for everyone...(snip)
I'm 55, fat, sedentary, and pre-diabetic. So I consider it a win that I didn't end up in the hospital. I've been telling myself daily for years that I'll start exercising soon. I'm so lazy it's disgusting.
Doc

Post by Doc »

crashtech66 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:19 pm
Doc wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:35 pmThis particular video on what was not well known from the 3 hour Rogan - Gupta interview covers a lot of what has not been covered in the MSM. Particularly which lifestyles are being hit particularly hard by the vascular disease known as COVID-19 I have posted both the HTML link and the URL as the forum here has not been working for everyone...(snip)
I'm 55, fat, sedentary, and pre-diabetic. So I consider it a win that I didn't end up in the hospital. I've been telling myself daily for years that I'll start exercising soon. I'm so lazy it's disgusting.
One thing that people I know have tried that works is pretty simple. They eat on small plates, so have less food to fill their plates and eat. Once they lose weight they seem to find exercising easier. Nothing complicated just walking more.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

First, glad to know that you survived your COVID-19 infection. Hope you fully recover soon and thrive.

Not advice, but I'll describe what worked for me w.r.t. weight loss.

I had gained about 20 kg [44 lbs] over the course of about 6 months due to an experimental treatment for an ongoing health condition.

In the course of my research on my condition, I came across intermittent fasting [link to OTNOT post in another thread].

Another recent paper on the topic: Nature | Fasting drives the metabolic, molecular and geroprotective effects of a calorie-restricted diet in mice

By eating once a day, within a 2 hour window, I lost about 25 kg [55 lbs] over the course of three months.
My formerly high blood pressure went down to 100/60 and my heartrate dropped from 85 bpm to 65 bpm.
I am now completely used to this schedule and I'll probably stay with it.

As for exercise, I found that walking is good.
If you can work your way up to a brisk 1 hour walk that may also help with weight and being pre-diabetic.

After the weight loss, I resumed rowing [exercises about nearly all the major muscle groups ~ 86%] and weight training, but I gather that is not something that you would be interested in doing.

However, the key factor for me to lose weight was diet.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:13 am
First, glad to know that you survived your COVID-19 infection. Hope you fully recover soon and thrive.

I had gained about 20 kg [44 lbs] over the course of about 6 months due to an experimental treatment for an ongoing health condition.

In the course of my research on my condition, I came across intermittent fasting [link to OTNOT post in another thread].

Another recent paper on the topic: Nature | Fasting drives the metabolic, molecular and geroprotective effects of a calorie-restricted diet in mice

By eating once a day, within a 2 hour window, I lost about 25 kg [55 lbs] over the course of three months.
My formerly high blood pressure went down to 100/60 and my heartrate dropped from 85 bpm to 65 bpm.

If you can work your way up to a brisk 1 hour walk that may also help with weight and being pre-diabetic.

After the weight loss, I resumed rowing [exercises about nearly all the major muscle groups ~ 86%] and weight training, but I gather that is not something that you would be interested in doing.

A lot of it is self training your behavior over physical training. If you exercise more you tend to want to eat more. If you are overweight it is better to learn to eat less then when exercising more then, In between meals eat small snacks just to the point your stomach does not feel empty.

The brother of a friend of mine wanted to weight train. He started by eating more and just got fat. Seems like it has something to do with metabolism slowing down when you gain weight.
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Typhoon wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:13 am First, glad to know that you survived your COVID-19 infection. Hope you fully recover soon and thrive.

Thanks for the well wishes! Your anecdote is encouraging, congratulations on your success. I've been through many courses of glucocorticoids for a health condition, which make one gain weight and also tend to predispose one toward diabetes.

I do intermittent fasting, too, though not intensely enough to lose weight. But I do believe it is preventing my from gaining more, which is my genetic predisposition. I had many relatives who were very obese, in excess of 400 lbs (180 kg), and this back in the late '70s, when such a thing was much more rare in the US.

Currently I weigh about 230 lbs (104 kg) when I should weigh about 170 lbs (77 kg). I also do very well with carb restriction, though I am not doing that now.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Fauci Lied (to congress)5 million people died(and counting)

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/nih ... uirements/
NIH Admits to Funding Gain-of-Function Research in Wuhan, Says EcoHealth Violated Reporting Requirements
By Caroline Downey

October 21, 2021 8:51 AM

A top NIH official admitted in a Wednesday letter that U.S. taxpayers funded gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses in Wuhan and revealed that EcoHealth Alliance, the U.S. non-profit that funneled NIH money to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, was not transparent about the work it was doing.

In the letter to Representative James Comer (R., Ky.), Lawrence A. Tabak of the NIH cites a “limited experiment” that was conducted to test if “spike proteins from naturally occurring bat coronaviruses circulating in China were capable of binding to the human ACE2 receptor in a mouse model.” The laboratory mice infected with the modified bat virus “became sicker” than those infected with the unmodified bat virus.

The revelation vindicates Republican senator Rand Paul, who got into heated exchanges with National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease director Anthony Fauci during his May and July testimonials before Congress over the gain-of-function question. At the second hearing, Paul accused Fauci of misleading Congress by denying that the U.S. had funded gain-of-function projects at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Gain-of-function research involves extracting viruses from animals and artificially engineering them in a laboratory to make them more transmissible or deadly to humans.

In keeping with Fauci’s refusal to use “gain-of-function,” Tabak avoids the term, though the work he described matches its commonplace definition precisely.

A previously unpublished EcoHealth grant proposal filed with NIAID, obtained by The Intercept, had already exposed that $599,000 of the total grant to the Wuhan Institute of Virology was for research designed to make viruses more dangerous and/or infectious.
All Our Opinion in Your Inbox

NR Daily is delivered right to you every afternoon. No charge.

Dr. Richard Ebright, biosafety expert and professor of chemistry and chemical biology at Rutgers University, had previously rebutted Fauci’s claim that the NIH “has not ever and does not now fund gain of function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology [WIV]” as “demonstrably false.”

Ebright told National Review that the NIH-financed work at the WIV “epitomizes” the definition of gain-of-function research, which deals with “enhanced potential pandemic pathogen (PPP)” or those pathogens “resulting from the enhancement of the transmissibility and/or virulence of a pathogen.”

In addition to his admission that gain-of-function research was being conducted with NIH money, Tabak also revealed that EcoHealth failed to comply with its reporting responsibilities under the grant. EcoHealth was required to submit to a “secondary review” in the event of certain developments that might increase the danger associated with the research. So, when Wuhan researchers successfully bound a natural bat coronavirus to a human AC2 receptor in mice, they were supposed to inform the NIH, but they didn’t.

Eco Health now has five days, according to Tabak, to submit to NIH “any and all unpublished data” relating to this award’s project for compliance purposes.

The remainder of the document attempts to prove that the naturally occurring bat coronaviruses used in the 2014-2018 NIH grant experiments “are decades removed from SARS-CoV-2 evolutionarily,” only sharing 96-97 percent of the genome.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

coronavirus-data-explorer.png (650.21 KiB) Viewed 1199 times
covid-vaccinations-vs-covid-death-rate.png
covid-vaccinations-vs-covid-death-rate.png (1.65 MiB) Viewed 1199 times
Doc

Post by Doc »

There is a lot left out of this article. The headline. KInd of misleading that "created bat virus that made mice sicker" On th every last line of this article it is mentioned in passing that the mice are genetically modified humanized models.

96 to 97% of the SAR-Cov-2 Sequence. Not mention is that the the 96 to 97% shared sequence is the closest known virus sequence to the SAR-Cov-2 virus.
At the same time, NIH emphasized in a newly released analysis that any viruses being studied at WIV under the grant were too evolutionarily distant from SARS-CoV-2 to have been transformed into it.
Along with its letter to Congress, NIH appended and also posted online a new analysis asserting that the viruses studied at WIV under the grant share no more than 96% to 97% of the SARS-CoV-2 sequence, which puts the viruses “decades” of evolution apart.

“The naturally occurring bat coronaviruses studied under the NIH grant are genetically far distant from SARS-CoV-2 and could not possibly have caused the COVID-19 pandemic. Any claims to the contrary are demonstrably false,” the agency said in a statement.
They only link to another Science story when the article states:
NIH had funded and later canceled at then-President Donald Trump’s behest. (It was later reinstated but with conditions EcoHealth said it could not comply with.)
https://www.science.org/content/article ... eted-trump

NIH imposes ‘outrageous' conditions on resuming coronavirus grant targeted by Trump

This what science previously said about ending this research.

Further more just slightly into the article

The National Institutes of Health is requiring a small nonprofit research organization to take unusual—and perhaps impossible—steps to end a controversial suspension of an NIH grant related to bat coronavirus research in China. NIH's conditions for reinstating the funding to the EcoHealth Alliance are "outrageous," former NIH Director Harold Varmus told The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) in an article published today that first reported the agency's demands.

Next paragraph
The controversy began in April, after President Donald Trump complained about NIH's grant to the EcoHealth Alliance because it involved researchers at China's Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV). Conservative commentators, Trump, and Trump administration officials have asserted, without evidence, that the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19 escaped from WIV. Shortly after Trump's complaint, NIH abruptly canceled the grant, stating that its goal of studying bat coronavirus spillovers into humans did not "align with … agency priorities." NIH's move drew extensive criticism from the scientific community.
The OUTRAGEOUS condition to re-instate the grant

The EcoHealth Alliance must provide a sample of the pandemic coronavirus that WIV used to determine its genetic sequence.
The group must arrange for an outside inspection of WIV and its records "with specific attention to addressing the question of whether WIV staff had SARS-CoV-2 in their possession prior to December 2019," Lauer wrote.
The nonprofit must explain purported restrictions at WIV including "diminished cell-phone traffic in October 2019, and the evidence that there may have been roadblocks surrounding the facility from October 14-19, 2019."
The nonprofit must "provide the NIH with WIV's responses to the 2018 Department of State cables regarding safety concerns."

More of FORMER NIH Director Varmus's statement on the grant cancelation
Varmus, one of 77 Nobel laureates who wrote to current NIH Director Francis Collins in May demanding that he review the grant's initial cancellation, told WSJ that NIH's list of conditions for reinstating the funding "is outrageous, especially when a grant has already been carefully evaluated by peer review and addresses one of the most important problems in the world right now—how viruses from animals spill over to human beings."

NOT A SINGLE MENTION THAT THE RESEARCH GRANT WAS SUSPENDED BY THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION.

OK they have made me curious.

The CEO of the parent organization of Science The American Association for the advancement of science was a prior to his current position a Washington Lobbyist for the medical industry:
https://www.aaas.org/person/sudip-parikh
Immediately prior to joining AAAS, Parikh was senior vice president and managing director at DIA Global, a neutral, multidisciplinary organization bringing together regulators, industry, academia, patients, and other stakeholders interested in healthcare product development. He led strategy in the Americas and oversaw DIA programs that catalyzed progress globally toward novel regulatory frameworks for advanced therapies not amenable to existing regulations.
Further:

From 2001 to 2009, ***Parikh served as science advisor and professional staff to the United States Senate Appropriations Committee***, where he was responsible for negotiating budgets for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, and other scientific and health agencies. A key legislative liaison to the research and development ecosystem, Parikh was on the frontlines of many science policy issues debated during that time, including embryonic stem cell research, cloning, disease surveillance, bioterrorism, cyber security, and doubling the NIH budget.

A list of article by Sudip S Parikh
https://muckrack.com/sudip-s-parikh/articles

Lots of CRT

Also PArikh is credited with doubling the NIH's annual budget about 10 years ago. Sorry no link

Getting tired. OR I wold post more. In any event all of the above is just the same old same old "Orange Man bad" crowd that is trying to do some serious CYA for the NIH. Nothing to see here folks move along