The Netherlands

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: The Netherlands

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Immigration is a motte-and-bailey argument.

-----------

As fertility rates have dropped or are dropping globally, there is no future to catering to imagined, new communities either.

As noddy has pointed out, so much of this is fueled by large business looking for a short-term windfall to their interests and themselves.

It is not a long term solution, at this point, it's not even likely a medium term one.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Parodite wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:34 pm https://www.dutchnews.nl/2024/05/new-pr ... the-dutch/

A widely respected man, never choosing the forefront but the No1 guy of the dept of justice, security, anti-terrorism, immigration policies. A-political, so maybe not easy to be in the center of the lions den. Left the labor party in 2021, because no longer feeling at home there. Seems a bit late; labor went nuts already in the 90-ies. But this background adds to him probably being a good choice, keeping things real. All 4 parties, pvv, vvd, bbb and nsc are very happy with him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/29/worl ... choof.html

LOL.jpeg
LOL.jpeg (78.86 KiB) Viewed 402 times

Inteligence chief's skill is inteligence and security matters .. a prime minister must have other skills

It means, Netherland now considering things critical and a matter of "security", or maybe war ahead.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:37 pm
It means, Netherland now considering things critical and a matter of "security", or maybe war ahead.
No. Again, you are wrong. Always wrong.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:09 am
What can he do ?

Not much

Birth rate.png
We have to start think out of the box. Obviously, societies and their economies need to breath; be able to shrink, increase, shrink...increase. Natural rythms.

"Straight line economics" is delusional. There is no straight line going up, down or flat...forever. Old wisdom is to save for times of need.

There are probably more ways to make the economy breathing, adapting, proactively anticipating. It should have shock absorbers, have elasticity.

Immigrants on work visa can be helpful, of course. But it doesn't mean these workers suddenly should become citizens with voting rights.

As for the hot potato of Muslim immigration: we could just only allow for female Muslims to immigrate and make polygamy the preferred legal form of marriage here. Dutch native men can then marry some extra females of Muslim background, boosting the average off spring to two digit figures. It is good for the general gene pool to mix diversity.

The other dirty secret is that not only do native Dutch people want less Muslims (because there always is a solid 10% of medieval Islamo fascists among them), also a majority of Muslim females have had it with their obnoxious, violent male husbands and prefer a decent European male less obsessive about Islaaaam or any other religion. Females prefer moderation and reject war.

Theo van Gogh was murdered by a bearded orthodox Islamofascist, but was friends with many female Muslims, like his neighbor who he helped protecting herself from violent abuses and threats from her Muslim husband.

Young Muslim females here out-perform the males by a big margin in education and jobs. Like I said: the problem with Muslims comes from the males, very thin skinned like little girls, cry babies who feel justified to become extremely violent when a standup comedian makes jokes about their petty long dead prophet. These chaps need to get out or be prevented to get in.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Declining fertility rates are a global phenomenon:

children-per-woman.png
children-per-woman.png (1.3 MiB) Viewed 368 times

Even India is now below the replacement fertility rate of 2.1.

The fertility rate in the Netherlands goes against trend, having risen slightly over 4 decades, but is still below the replacement rate.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The off-topic discussion about the West vs the rest has been moved here.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.