POTUS Election 2024 | Here we go again . . .

Typhoon

Re: POTUS Election 2024 | Here we go again . . .

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:33 am
Doc wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:34 pm
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:33 pm
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:04 am What shall be done when they are actively scrubbing the internet and media of stories to protect Kamala Harris from any criticism whatsoever?

Typing that out reads like the words of a loon, but how else would one explain the number of historical revisions taking place?
Everything is backed up. USA, Inc. has been trying to claim Harris was not appointed Border Czar. Axios claimed this never happened, but was debunked by their own previous report.
What previous report? Harris was also rated by a leftist group as being the most liberal member of congress. But somehow that disappeared.

What the Democrats are trying to do is put a new shiny frame around Kamala's record to get people to tune out before that record gets in front of too many people.
It’s an act for people who still believe in elections. It is obvious Trump was selected to run the United States and has no opposition. Davos has lost and the City has won.
If only "The City" was still in charge.

The Brits were smart in that all they wanted was to be obeyed.

The Yanks on the other hand make the mistake of wanting to be liked.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:04 am What shall be done when they are actively scrubbing the internet and media of stories to protect Kamala Harris from any criticism whatsoever?

Typing that out reads like the words of a loon, but how else would one explain the number of historical revisions taking place?
Everything is backed up. USA, Inc. has been trying to claim Harris was not appointed Border Czar. Axios claimed this never happened, but was debunked by their own previous report.
What previous report? Harris was also rated by a leftist group as being the most liberal member of congress. But somehow that disappeared.

What the Democrats are trying to do is put a new shiny frame around Kamala's record to get people to tune out before that record gets in front of too many people.
The woman without a record.

It's several things. The strategy is to deny everything is so odd, and to go back and "correct" the record now is appalling. Gov. Tracker beclowned itself.
NapLajoieonSteroids

The people in charge certainly believe in elections. If they didn't, the amount of money and ego laundered through them wouldn't be so drastic.

And Donald Trump wouldn't be any entities pick. Having a guy who maxes out at 47, 48% of the popular vote (and is deeply, deeply despised by a large non-zero sum of people) is not some brilliant move to fool the suckers that democracy matters.

I'll readily believe there are a lot of movers&shakers who actually yearn for the quote, unquote stability of Donald Trump right now over whatever the hell this last administration was.

Will we ever get the answer to those questions? Who was the committee in charge? How many big decisions were delegated out to 20 year old fanatical interns?
NapLajoieonSteroids

If there is one thing these elite believe in its mass democracy and mass consumption. They believe in it so hard, they are obsessed with managing it.

That mass democracy doesn't necessarily require voting, and a lot of people are fine with some new form of democratic centralism is a matter unto itself.

------------------

What goes unsaid is that they believe any one they find unimaginative is fully human.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:59 am

It's several things. The strategy is to deny everything is so odd, and to go back and "correct" the record now is appalling. Gov. Tracker beclowned itself.
Rewriting history was the assigned occupation of Winston Smith in "1984".

This type of whitewashing makes sense from a the-ends-justify-the-means perspective.
Especially if the candidate holds beliefs that are at odds with the majority of the electorate.

I suspect that most of the electorate are and will continue to be unaware of this whitewashing campaign.
One can't fool all of the electorate all of the time,
however, one has to only fool enough of the electorate enough of the time to win the election.

And, yes, this campaign to purge her record is appalling.

Now I wonder if there are any photos of her in the company of the late Epstein . . .

Now_you_see_Nikolai-Yezhov_Now_you_don't.jpg
Now_you_see_Nikolai-Yezhov_Now_you_don't.jpg (308.8 KiB) Viewed 1393 times
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:12 am
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:59 am

Rewriting history was the assigned occupation of Winston Smith in "1984".

This type of whitewashing makes sense from a the-ends-justify-the-means perspective.
Especially if the candidate holds beliefs that are at odds with the majority of the electorate.

I suspect that most of the electorate are and will continue to be unaware of this whitewashing campaign.
One can't fool all of the electorate all of the time,
however, one has to only fool enough of the electorate enough of the time to win the election.

And, yes, this campaign to purge her record is appalling.

Now I wonder if there are any photos of her in the company of the late Epstein . . .

Now_you_see_Nikolai-Yezhov_Now_you_don't.jpg
There was a long period of time when you could not find a picture of Bill Clinton and Epstein anywhere on the internet. Now that Epstien is dead and the Clinton's aren't running for public office any more you can find 4 or 5 of them. Hillary's lawyers that were charged with cleaning up Clinton messes have been very active since the 90's I personally know that for a fact from back then. There was once a web site named White Water Web. IT was an experiment in news distribution(pretty sure where Matt Drudge got the idea for the Drudge report from and why Drudge deletes all social media posts within a few hours after he posts them) that posted links to stories about the Clinton's The creator who was a comp sci professor at Princeton got tired of it and turned it over to a PHD student who was as I recall at Washington State U. Within weeks of the Student taking over the web site went down and he posted a long thread elsewhere about how he was locked out of his school office and computer with a wife and two kids at home. ( he hosted the site on his school computer) He said that he was facing expulsion as Clinton lawyers had a meeting with the school board of governors threaten a liable suit over posting only links with headlines from real news sources. So they locked him out of his.

Plus the Nazis came to power with 31% of the vote and the backing of the German establishment. 100 days later Germans were lining the streets when Hitler drove past in mass with very few in dissent.

OR as Rodney King famously said "Can't we all get along?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRh5qy09nNw

Which leads to:

But hey we have very fine and competent people at the top of the US government.

https://youtu.be/8o_2nmQJ-mI?t=613

NATO SHOOTS DOWN RUSSIAN DRONES, RUSSIA READYING FOR MASS CASUALTIES!

But I am sure with President Gardiner in charge nothing bad is going to happen, right?

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

murdoch has made a career out of hiding the flaws in his fave candidates and exposing the ones in his disliked ones.

media has always been dodgy on those levels, our only freedom has usually been availability to all the different prejudices , not just the single government enforced one.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 4:36 am murdoch has made a career out of hiding the flaws in his fave candidates and exposing the ones in his disliked ones.

media has always been dodgy on those levels, our only freedom has usually been availability to all the different prejudices , not just the single government enforced one.
"Anything for a Vote" - The complete history of dirty [US] politics c. 2007
NapLajoieonSteroids

yes, there is a certain history; not trying to score a partisan point here.

It's the singularly enforced angle which is so foreign.

When the candidate is in an interview agreeing with someone who calls her the border czar [just to take the border czar issue] years ago, and then during the nascent campaign sends out a memo that it is never to be mentioned and suddenly its "disputed" is novel.

Hiding stuff that wasn't already public knowledge, or more often ignoring stuff or grinding it down into different perspectives seems way more normal.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:32 am yes, there is a certain history; not trying to score a partisan point here.

It's the singularly enforced angle which is so foreign.

When the candidate is in an interview agreeing with someone who calls her the border czar [just to take the border czar issue] years ago, and then during the nascent campaign sends out a memo that it is never to be mentioned and suddenly its "disputed" is novel.

Hiding stuff that wasn't already public knowledge, or more often ignoring stuff or grinding it down into different perspectives seems way more normal.
This seems "normal"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxGAN_9ujf0
‘Panic with a dose of racism’: Republicans scramble as Harris energizes voters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7PA_kshZh0
Am I Racist? | Official Trailer
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

I first heard the joy messaging from one of those sports talk shows while waiting for a sandwich I ordered at the deli.

The guy basically paused the show to just say as an aside how the Harris campaign felt joyous to him and gave him this sense of joy. And I rolled my eyes but I didn't think about because if the guy feels that way, he feels that way.

Then to see that it is clearly some media roll out makes it extra disgusting. It's one thing when some corporation publishes the corporate line; this guy was selling it as some extemporaneous remark off the top of his head about how he really felt. Well acted but really, what a particular piece of crap.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:54 am

I first heard the joy messaging from one of those sports talk shows while waiting for a sandwich I ordered at the deli.

The guy basically paused the show to just say as an aside how the Harris campaign felt joyous to him and gave him this sense of joy. And I rolled my eyes but I didn't think about because if the guy feels that way, he feels that way.

Then to see that it is clearly some media roll out makes it extra disgusting. It's one thing when some corporation publishes the corporate line; this guy was selling it as some extemporaneous remark off the top of his head about how he really felt. Well acted but really, what a particular piece of crap.
There is a name for this. It is called Campaign contribution in kind. If it is worth more than I believe $2000 from a given source it is illegal.

Not that anyone will do anything about it.
Doc

Post by Doc »

MSM Democrat collusion

Doc

Post by Doc »

Trump on X Live 1 million viewers Timcast live simulcast on Youtube for those without X:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11niXcF4oWI
Doc

Post by Doc »

Video comes out of Tim Walz praising Islamist Imam with literal ties to Neo Nazis who also supported the Oct 7th pogrom in Israel.
I have questions:

Given that 100k Muslims are expected to protest outside of the Democrat convention this week and the Democrats are afraid of a repeat of their 1968 convention did the Harris campaign leak this video in an attempt to dissuade them?

Is Tim Walz secretly a Muslim? In the video he certainly sounds like he was at least trying to give the impression that he was considering converting to Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itJGdmemJEQ

Footage showing Tim Walz praising anti-Semitic cleric who celebrated October 7 resurfaces
Minnesota Governor Tim Walz has been exposed praising a Muslim cleric who celebrated the October 7 attack on Israel.

In the video unearthed by The Washington Examiner, Walz labelled Imam Asad Zaman as a “master teacher”.

“I am a teacher, so when I see a master teacher, I know it. Over the time we’ve spent together, one of the things I’ve had the privilege of is seeing the things in life through the eye of a master teacher, to try and get the understanding,” Walz said in 2018.

Over the past few years, Zaman shared Hamas press releases, anti-Semitic blog posts and a link to a pro-Hitler film on his Facebook page.

Following the October 7 attack by Hamas on Israel, Zaman posted he and his organisation “stands in solidarity with Palestinians against Israeli attacks”.

Despite Walz admitting he had spent time with Zaman, the Harris-Walz campaign has denied any relationship between the two.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Watched the T H debate. H did a "good" job (the usual toxic mix of half-fact, outright lies and feel-good rethorics) while T completely blew it IMHO. What a clumsy debater he is. He could have scored a 10-2 win but lost this match 1-2. But will it make any difference in november?
Deep down I'm very superficial
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Parodite wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:06 pm Watched the T H debate. H did a "good" job (the usual toxic mix of half-fact, outright lies and feel-good rethorics) while T completely blew it IMHO. What a clumsy debater he is. He could have scored a 10-2 win but lost this match 1-2. But will it make any difference in november?
The popular support for Trump is insurmountable. Last night you saw a cat playing with a mouse.

They just want to keep the illusion of an election alive until November. There are still a lot of young folks and npc’s who have never observed a normal election and don’t know how messed up 2024 is.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
NapLajoieonSteroids

Meh, I don't know which voters these telenova-debates are for anymore.

It's definitely for the media to make content.

Considering it was 3 on 1, the media and Harris didn't quite get the negative soundbite they were hoping from him. So is it really going to move the needle?

His abrasive self was never gonna play spectacularly on the same stage as Harris, who is to the core a girly-girl straight out of a sorority house. "Winning" would've given people some ugly subconscious impressions.