Musicology | Love 'em, Hate 'em

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Musicology | Love 'em, Hate 'em

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

That it is amorphous and arbitrary makes it interesting how *folks* navigate it.

Not quite in the alabaster sepulchre yet like those other forms.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Classical music genres are like choosing to classify flowers by smell. Biologists are never going to understand.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

This is dead true, and back to Naps post - GnR smells much more like ACDC than they do nirvana.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/musician-mad ... 02786.html

A guy makes thousands of AI generated nonsense songs, uploads em to spotify and employs a bot farm to listen to them.

makes 10 million bucks :)

he gets done for fraud.

when the big boys do it, they get copyright protection !!
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Spotify and the like used to be easy to manipulate for clever, little gains; the cartel will never let it go back to that.

When whoever owns the Sabrina Carpenter contract does it, it's simple pr. When Spotify sluices users to their own AI brand, it's simple corporate economics. When this guy and his friends do it? Simply fraud.

Meanwhile Spotify is what, 12 dollars a month in the US? I think it's safe to say it's at a comparable price across the Anglosphere.

Set your vpn to a place like Bangladesh and the exact same service is .80 cents.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

It's demented how well this works....'>.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5m5ycA_QHk
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
noddy

Post by noddy »

its got that same uncanny thing going on the pictures do tho - only works on a casual level and lacks in something crucial on focused listening.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

A heap of pessimism:

just went it seemed like the long 80s were finally ending, pop audio has collapsed right back into 80s soundscapes.

----------------------------

The Dave Grohl scandal (which made front page news!) is neither here nor there but I've been laughing all day about this quote that came across my feed:

"With the revelation that Dave Grohl has fallen, it's finally time to admit that it is all men." (bolded text my own doing)

Dave Grohl has fallen, all men are subhuman pigs; what a dark day in history
noddy

Post by noddy »

he cultivated the "im the nice guy of rock" as his image, and like cosby or anyone else that cultivates that fake image, its going to bite you harder when it all evaporates.

man hater chicks getting all righteous about it, well, i spose they gotta stroke they need things to stroke their knobs about.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

I think it's a great example of professional esoterica. Advertisement that is true in an industry sense but misconstrued by a general audience for advertisement purposes.

He is the "nice guy of rock" because of how he professionally helps out others and not anything to do with his personal life- he could be eating children for all any one cares as long as he's putting money in other people's pockets.

Tom Hanks is a "nice guy" because when he became a big movie star he still honored the small time tv appearance deals that he signed on to before his first hit movie and fired the agent that tried to tear them up-- which is more or less what any one in that position would do. That he may or not be the huge degenrate QAnon conjured up would still be neither here nor there.

--------

Haven't a clue how "nice" of a guy he is when it comes to the nitty gritty of touring or live appearances but it's an open secret Dave Grohl pays out of pocket for a lot of first albums and will sit in for uncredited studio work for free.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Sure, thats the sensible balanced opinion.

I was thinking of the haters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tall_poppy_syndrome

In Australia the variations of this occuring has its own saying.
ultracrepidarian