Romney vs. Obama

Mr. Perfect

Re: Romney vs. Obama

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I don't know, lets blow 90% of of our share value for some handouts? That's something a Democrat would come up with.
Censorship isn't necessary
YMix

Post by YMix »

Demon of Undoing wrote:It's like his military/ foreign policy ideas. He wants to make every mistake already made but worse.
And he has Mr. Perfect's backing all the way. :)
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

There are two ways that will work in the ME, total war or the MD, the Obama/Bush meddle business is the worst possible outcome.
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Mr. Perfect wrote:There are two ways that will work in the ME, total war or the MD, the Obama/Bush meddle business is the worst possible outcome.
So you're cheering Total War?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

If that's where we're headed we may as well embrace it. The Obama method has brought back terror levels beyond 9-10-01. If I'm a terrorist right now I'm thrilled with Obama policy. There is an unending well of terror backing exposed by the 9-11-12 activities. It's a good time to be a terrorist.

9-11-12 was a complete success.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:If that's where we're headed we may as well embrace it. The Obama method has brought back terror levels beyond 9-10-01. If I'm a terrorist right now I'm thrilled with Obama policy. There is an unending well of terror backing exposed by the 9-11-12 activities. It's a good time to be a terrorist.

I don't recall any recent surge in global terrorist activity.

Reason | How Scared of Terrorism Should You Be?
Not very. You are four times more likely to be killed by a lightning bolt than by a terror attack.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Yes the murder of American ambassadors and diplomats and the overrunning of embassies followed by massive riots all across a region, nothing to see there.

You know, you're more likely to be killed by lightening than be killed by Lee Harvey Oswald, but the one time he did sure gets talked about.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Yes the murder of American ambassadors and diplomats and the overrunning of embassies followed by massive riots all across a region, nothing to see there.
Condolences to the families

However, it not the first time US diplomats have been killed while posted overseas.

Haven't followed the recent ME riots in great detail, but they were more protests than terrorism.
Some possibly with tacit support from their governments for various reasons.
Mr. Perfect wrote:You know, you're more likely to be killed by lightening than be killed by Lee Harvey Oswald, but the one time he did sure gets talked about.
Given that Lee Harvey Oswald was shot dead by Jack Ruby, it's a given that I'm more likely to be struck by lightening.

Which probably accounts for why many people suspect Oswald and Ruby of having acted in concert.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Condolences to the families

However, it not the first time US diplomats have been killed while posted overseas.
And therefore unnotable.
Haven't followed the recent ME riots in great detail, but they were more protests than terrorism.
Some people called them riots. Terrorist use then for recruiting opportunities.

Given that Lee Harvey Oswald was shot dead by Jack Ruby, it's a given that I'm more likely to be struck by lightening.

Which probably accounts for why many people suspect Oswald and Ruby of having acted in concert.
All unnotable events, when compared to lightening strikes.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

AQ blossoming under Obama.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... kened.html
CBS News and "60 Minutes" reporter Lara Logan lambasted the Obama administration for pushing the "major lie" that the Taliban has been weakened in Afghanistan by the U.S. military.

Logan gave a blistering speech in Chicago this past week that ripped the administration for the way it has handled the war in Afghanistan and the attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya.

"I chose this subject because, one, I can't stand that there is a major lie being propagated," Logan said about the administration touting the weakening of the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Speaking about Christopher Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya who was killed, Logan says she hopes the U.S. will "exact revenge and let the world know that the United States will not be attacked on its own soil. That its ambassadors will not be murdered, and that the United States will not stand by and do nothing about it."
9BD7CYLTndk
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Obama, biggest gunsalesman in world history.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Debate ... /id/460279
President Barack Obama is calling for reintroducing legislation to ban assault weapons.

In discussing the issue at the presidential debate Tuesday night, Obama said weapons that were designed for soldiers at war don't belong on the street.

After the mass shooting in Colorado last summer, Obama aides said that the president supports the ban that expired in 2004. But Obama had not called for reinstating it until the debate.

Romney says he's not in favor of new pieces of legislation on guns.
Demon of Undoing

That was a throwaway comment. The legislative environment will absolutely not support any tightening of gun laws.

While Obama is definitely the guy lying on the " weakened Taliban " thing, anybody in the WH right now would be saying the same thing in order to get out. They have to. The current situation was set in stone in 2002, when the decision was made to try to do nation building in a place that hadn't been a nation in some time.

Doesn't Romney want to stay in Afghanistan? Stupid beyond belief.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Obama wants to stay in AFG.

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts ... hanistan_s

If he were serious at all about it, we'd be out by now.
The current situation was set in stone in 2002, when the decision was made to try to do nation building in a place that hadn't been a nation in some time.
Obama doubled down on dumb@$$. It was his "smart war", where he spent more US lives in 2 years than Bush did in 2 terms.

If we leave we're going back anyway.

It occurs to me there are more safe haven countries after Obama was elected than before.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Oswald and Ruby in concert with the Dead Kennedys...

Post by monster_gardener »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Yes the murder of American ambassadors and diplomats and the overrunning of embassies followed by massive riots all across a region, nothing to see there.
Condolences to the families

Mr. Perfect wrote:You know, you're more likely to be killed by lightening than be killed by Lee Harvey Oswald, but the one time he did sure gets talked about.

Thank you VERY Much for your posts, Mr. Perfect & Typhoon.
Clever ;) :lol: *
Typhoon wrote:Which probably accounts for why many people suspect Oswald and Ruby of having acted in concert
With that photo............

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Kennedys

*Bonus point for not needing a graphic aid.....
Last edited by monster_gardener on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Demon of Undoing wrote:That was a throwaway comment. The legislative environment will absolutely not support any tightening of gun laws.
He won't have to. If his Supreme Court picks don't outright outlaw them they will be at the local level through "violence" taxes.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1274
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote: Condolences to the families

And therefore unnotable.
Your claim was a "surge in terrorism". I don't think this qualifies.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Some people called them riots. Terrorist use then for recruiting opportunities.
Perhaps. However, now you're speculating rather than providing actual evidence of a "surge in terrorism".
Mr. Perfect wrote:
All unnotable events, when compared to lightening strikes.
Unnotable in that the actions of Oswald have nothing to do with terrorism. as the US perceives it, originating from the ME. A non sequitur.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Saw the debate last night. Never saw Romney debating or speeching before. Looks like he is not somebody who wants to make people unhappy.
Deep down I'm very superficial
anderson

Post by anderson »

Mr. Perfect wrote:If that's where we're headed we may as well embrace it. The Obama method has brought back terror levels beyond 9-10-01. If I'm a terrorist right now I'm thrilled with Obama policy. There is an unending well of terror backing exposed by the 9-11-12 activities. It's a good time to be a terrorist.

Yeah, huddling in caves in the mountains of the NWFP or the Yemen, waiting for the drones to get you while your buddies get turned to hamburger day by day, week by week, month by month.

Livin' large, yo...
Enki

Post by Enki »

If Mitt Romney were doing the exact same things Obama is doing, Mr. Perfect would be lauding it as brilliant. Mr. Perfect isn't against Obama's policies, he's against Obama.

Since so many of Obama's policies came from the right, I can only think that there is one reason and one reason alone for the visceral hatred of Obama. Sorry to say, but the right-wing hatred of Obama is pretty clear.

Plenty of reasons for the left to hate him, primarily because he is governing from the right and then bragging about it in a debate.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Demon of Undoing

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Demon of Undoing wrote:That was a throwaway comment. The legislative environment will absolutely not support any tightening of gun laws.
He won't have to. If his Supreme Court picks don't outright outlaw them they will be at the local level through "violence" taxes.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1274
Again, that kind of thing could have been done years ago. It's just a trick that has never been tried. It won't wash in, say, Georgia.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Enki wrote:If Mitt Romney were doing the exact same things Obama is doing, Mr. Perfect would be lauding it as brilliant. Mr. Perfect isn't against Obama's policies, he's against Obama.

Since so many of Obama's policies came from the right, I can only think that there is one reason and one reason alone for the visceral hatred of Obama. Sorry to say, but the right-wing hatred of Obama is pretty clear.

Plenty of reasons for the left to hate him, primarily because he is governing from the right and then bragging about it in a debate.
It's all about the brand, no?
Hot dogs in a can with an elephant on the label: Succulent morsels - mechanically reclaimed, autoclaved ambrosia. Real food for real Americans.
With a donkey: Vile melange of eyelids and bone shavings, each wetly glistening tube a sodium-drenched slaughter-rod aimed at the heart of each and every liberty loving American everywhere.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Sparky wrote:
Enki wrote:If Mitt Romney were doing the exact same things Obama is doing, Mr. Perfect would be lauding it as brilliant. Mr. Perfect isn't against Obama's policies, he's against Obama.

Hot dogs in a can with an elephant on the label: Succulent morsels - mechanically reclaimed, autoclaved ambrosia. Real food for real Americans.
With a donkey: Vile melange of eyelids and bone shavings, each wetly glistening tube a sodium-drenched slaughter-rod aimed at the heart of each and every liberty loving American everywhere.
Yup, basically.
-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Enki wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Yup, basically.
The claims of apocalypse now if Obama is re-elected versus a bright new shiny utopia if Romney is elected is are amusing
given that they have more in common than any differences.
Milo

Post by Milo »

Focusing on a narrative of Obama as a disaster is the Republicans attempt to draw attention away from the fact that their candidate is a member of a nutbar cult.