You are an intellectual prostitute

AzariLoveIran

Re: You are an intellectual prostitute

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Hans Bulvai wrote:.

Can't the term "free press" also apply to a press that can write anything they want regardless of accuracy or obvious bias ?

Hans ,

free press, free media .. has only one meaning

to report ALL the truth as one perceives it .. no consideration of anything (except national security) else

If American Media does not report AND distorts true nature of Israel/Palestinian conflict and their wars and atrocities, if one side called terrorist and other side groomed, if Wolf Blitzer type of Israeli Zionist run the CNN shows and no Palestinian represented .. if Arab, Islam, Iranian, Pakistan, Iraq and Afghanistan calamity is reported as reported .. when our beloved Ahmadinejat is viciously attacked in FOX interview .. if Koran is thrown into toilet and flashed

and and and

and American Media, knowing full truth as they too get their news from Reuters (etc) .. but not reporting

this are all self censure and appeasing to elite and to the mass (corporation with their commercial spending)

if all this

it means , they no free media

free media must report truth may chips fall where they may

Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

I would say to report the facts.
I am impressed with the Finnish press and how they report.

Very unbiased. Example:

If something happens in Israel, they usually say "Palestinian militants tied to "---". claimed this attack was a retaliation to "---". Israel said "---" and demolished a house that had women and children living in it. Israel says they are family members of the militants whom Israel calims to be terrorists."

A news anchor's main purpose is to inform the news and not influence perceptions.

The above on American TV a la Fox: "Palestinian terrorists fired rockets at Israeli children. The family of the terrorists attacked defense soldiers as they tried to empty a house that had to be reconstructed because it was used to make the missiles that were fired at Israeli children. If Israel was not a democracy, these people would have nowhere to live because their arab neighbors clearly don't want them. And Palestinian children were dancing in the streets when the 9/11 attacks happened."
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Hans Bulvai wrote:.

I would say to report the facts.

Very unbiased. Example:

If something happens in Israel, they usually say "Palestinian militants tied to "---". claimed this attack was a retaliation to "---". Israel said "---" and demolished a house that had women and children living in it. Israel says they are family members of the militants whom Israel calims to be terrorists."

A news anchor's main purpose is to inform the news and not influence perceptions.

The above on American TV a la Fox: "Palestinian terrorists fired rockets at Israeli children. The family of the terrorists attacked defense soldiers as they tried to empty a house that had to be reconstructed because it was used to make the missiles that were fired at Israeli children. If Israel was not a democracy, these people would have nowhere to live because their arab neighbors clearly don't want them. And Palestinian children were dancing in the streets when the 9/11 attacks happened."

Main American media are mouth-piece of Zionist .. they beat each other in Zionist propaganda .. exactly like the ruling elite

that a treason to American Joe

Not that Hillery or McCain or Gingrich or Romny in love with Rhubarb .. not at all .. they probably anti Semite as most mid America .. but, Rhubarb holding their balls, squeezin

AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

:lol: :D :)

On December 22, a US federal judge in Manhattan alleged that Iran, together with Taliban and al-Qaeda, had been involved in the September 11, 2001 attacks on New York and Washington.

The court, meanwhile, withdrew Saudi Arabia's name from the 10-year-old case, even though 15 of the 19 attackers were of Saudi nationality.

now, the 2nd pillar of American democracy, the judiciary, is being dismantled

Poor Joe

AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

I am objecting this thread being in Muslim/ME section .. this an insult to American Joe, stipulating his democratic rights in Muslim hands , another conspiracy, in fact subject of this thread

what has this to to with Islam ?

is free American media and independent American judiciary a Muslim issue ?

This indicates anti Azari bias, if not more

If in the new fora wind coming from wrong direction .. Azari might retreat

cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

Azari,
Don't sweat the product placement. It still gets read by this crowd. Now if it winds up in Hell, and we have to login to see it....might be an obstacle.
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

cincinnatus wrote:.

Azari,
Don't sweat the product placement. It still gets read by this crowd. Now if it winds up in Hell, and we have to login to see it....might be an obstacle.

I know "CinCin"

When "AzariLoveIran" appears somewhere, it's like a red flag in front of a bull

but, this a matter of principle :lol:

west trampling on Middle Eastern rights .. that is what Iranians say west must show respect

:D

cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

AzariLoveIran wrote:

Azari,

I know "CinCin"

west trampling on Middle Eastern rights .. that is what Iranians say west must show respect

Why the " " around the names (and not Hans earlier in the thread)? Are you offended when I used Azari instead of AzariLoveIran? CinCin makes it sound like you're offering a toast in Italian.
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

cincinnatus wrote:
AzariLoveIran wrote:

Azari,

I know "CinCin"

Why the " " around the names (and not Hans earlier in the thread)? Are you offended when I used Azari instead of AzariLoveIran ?

CinCin makes it sound like you're offering a toast in Italian.

No CinCin , no problem using Azari or AzariLoveIran or even ALI

CinCin I pronounce SinSin and not ChinChin

But , I always look for an excuse for a toast .. Saluti Amici

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Hans Bulvai wrote:I would say to report the facts.

Very unbiased. Example:

Reporters without Borders | Press Freedom Index: 2011 - 2012 Rankings

1 Finland
2 Norway
3 Estonia
4 Netherlands
5 Austria
6 Iceland
7 Luxembourg
8 Switzerland
9 Cape Verde
10 Canada

18 Germany

22 Japan

28 United Kingdom

38 France

47 United States of America

61 Italy

174 China

175 Iran

178 North Korea
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

cincinnatus wrote:Azari,
Quite right.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

To talk about Iran having any kind of "free press" is silly, to compare it favorable to the American press is ludicrous.

England doesn't not have a fully free press, legally speaking. America has a legally protected free press, putting them above even England, but both are freer than Russia or Turkey where reporters are often jailed or worse, and both Russia and Turkey are above Iran, where the press is a propaganda organ of a theocracy.

So not only is this argument wrong, its not even competitive.
Jnalum Persicum

Post by Jnalum Persicum »

Ibrahim wrote:.

To talk about Iran having any kind of "free press" is silly, to compare it favorable to the American press is ludicrous.

England doesn't not have a fully free press, legally speaking. America has a legally protected free press, putting them above even England, but both are freer than Russia or Turkey where reporters are often jailed or worse, and both Russia and Turkey are above Iran, where the press is a propaganda organ of a theocracy.

So not only is this argument wrong, its not even competitive.

Ibrahim

Freedom of press does not mean having another TV station saying how much America loves Zionist and wants to bomb Iran

Freedom of Press would mean if Ossama Bin Laden would be allowed to have his own TV station in US and explain why he was fighting America and have daily show explaining the facts and truth re Israel and and and .. we still don't know what Ossama was all about, we just rely on Ramsfeld and CIA telling us Ossama was a terrorist .. there is no evidence things related to him true

If, tomorrow a print media or TV station starts saying Iran is right and Israel is the evil empire and Ossama might have a valid case and Muslims not as bad as Zionist say .. if so .. that media would be declared a "enemy" (laws already in place) and the people running that media will be put in jail as enemy combatants

In America, all Media, TV and print, work within American government policy

In Iran too, there are Media that belong to government and revolutionary guard and and and

but

there are other media that do not work within government guidelines, in fact they work against government , and they are shut down, but new ones emerge doing same

that is called free press

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Jnalum Persicum wrote: Freedom of Press would mean if Ossama Bin Laden would be allowed to have his own TV station in US and explain why he was fighting America and have daily show explaining the facts and truth re Israel and and and .. we still don't know what Ossama was all about, we just rely on Ramsfeld and CIA telling us Ossama was a terrorist .. there is no evidence things related to him true
In fact Bin Laden's writings, translated into English, are widely available in book form and online, and all of his little tapes and speeches were immediately available online both in original and translation as soon as they were released, which the US government made no effort to prevent at any time.

I reject the idea that how readily you have access to the words of Osama Bin Laden proves anything about a free press, but even in your own little example you are still wrong.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Jnalum Persicum wrote:.

Freedom of Press would mean if Ossama Bin Laden would be allowed to have his own TV station in US and explain why he was fighting America and have daily show explaining the facts and truth re Israel and and and .. we still don't know what Ossama was all about, we just rely on Ramsfeld and CIA telling us Ossama was a terrorist .. there is no evidence things related to him true

In fact Bin Laden's writings, translated into English, are widely available in book form and online, and all of his little tapes and speeches were immediately available online both in original and translation as soon as they were released, which the US government made no effort to prevent at any time.

I reject the idea that how readily you have access to the words of Osama Bin Laden proves anything about a free press, but even in your own little example you are still wrong.

Those tapes and writings and and and most probably all fake

Ossama & his friends representing a school, a cause .. in a strong, free, not afraid of anything, just, society and civilization, that cause and school, should have been defeated in debates, discussions

and not

drop from chopper, shoot him between the eyes and drop him in see .. indicates West were afraid of Ossama school and cause and would lose debating him, probably the case.

In a sense, Ossama school and cause well and alive

Fact that, in Iran, day in day out, new news papers are started .. and some .. after a while are shut down by government attest that media is free to write what they wish and do not tow government line and self censure .. that is free media

as said, James (Murdoch) starting a new media doing same as Rupert (Murdoch) does not constitute free media

Ibrahim, a good sample

PressTv.com is Iranian CNN , now more popular than Aljazira and CNN etc some European country

and

PressTV was banned in Britain on phony excuse

WiKi

Allegations of bias and error

Press TV has been criticized for brazenly promoting Iran's line overseas, often at the expense of the truth.[12] In a post-election "information offensive," reports the Associated Press, Press TV and Al-Alam have "churned out a blitz of policy statements, negotiating points and news breaks as the main soapboxes for Iran's public diplomacy."

In 2007, the Canadian weekly Maclean's, while noting that "most of Press TV's news reports are factually accurate," alleged that Press TV also publishes "intentional errors," citing a story on the Press TV website that contained the claim, based on "no evidence," that the Lebanese government is trying to convert the Nahr al-Bared Palestinian refugee camp into an American military base. "

In July 2009, Dominic Lawson, a columnist for the Sunday Times of London, criticized Press TV for broadcasting the "confession" of Canadian-Iranian journalist Maziar Bahari "without a scintilla of skepticism." He also criticized British journalists and politicians for appearing on Press TV and for giving a forum to Holocaust deniers. Lawson said they are "being paid to lend credibility to the propaganda arm of a regime that subjects its own journalists to the most brutal 'political interference.'"

In August 2009, Ofcom, the British broadcasting regulator, judged that certain shows on Press TV had broken its broadcasting code on impartiality in their coverage of the Gaza War.

rS8DutGUAG4
Rtqofwy7Wzo
fvlPjB3bOzQ

PressTV was showing London riot .. the Royal family and Jews wanted PressTV banned

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

AzariLoveIran wrote:

Evidence? I'll go with this guy over your unsupported claims.
http://www.amazon.ca/Osama-Bin-Laden-Am ... 737&sr=1-3

Ossama & his friends representing a school, a cause .. in a strong, free, not afraid of anything, just, society and civilization, that cause and school, should have been defeated in debates, discussions
Riiight. Because when somebody's plan is to murder you, and they actively start murdering you, its a good time to start a debate.

PressTV was showing London riot .. the Royal family and Jews wanted PressTV banned
I just finished saying that the UK doesn't have constitutionally guaranteed free press. I mean still miles ahead of Iran, but behind other Western nations with legally guaranteed free press.
noddy

Post by noddy »

the mainstream press is not really the issue in this modern world, most of em are thrasing round like idiots trying to work out how relevant they still are when a large percentage of the population has moved to the adhoc internet source of information.

this is the best sense of "free press" .. its constant source of pride to see my country with the arabs,iranians, chinese and russians.

twitch.
ultracrepidarian
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

AzariLoveIran wrote:.

Evidence? I'll go with this guy over your unsupported claims.

http://www.amazon.ca/Osama-Bin-Laden-Am ... 737&sr=1-3

Riiight. Because when somebody's plan is to murder you, and they actively start murdering you, its a good time to start a debate.

I just finished saying that the UK doesn't have constitutionally guaranteed free press. I mean still miles ahead of Iran, but behind other Western nations with legally guaranteed free press.

Ibrahim, in this kind of things, it is always safe to assume that everything is cooked in the soup kitchen of Pentagon & CIA .. to fool American public

start bombing Vietnam claiming Gulf of Tonkin rubbish .. keep things classified for 50 yrs, later who cares

Brits would not let go of Iranian Oil, so, Eisenhower declared Mossadegh a communist and CIA brought back Shah, only after 25 yrs truth came out

Look Ibrahim, my advice to you is, don't believe anything unless 1000% proven otherwise .. consider everything you hear as a lie, unless 1000% proven otherwise

History of wars and incidents of last 80 yrs, Pearl Harbor and and and , all phoney ..

and

Neither British nor American Media free

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:the mainstream press is not really the issue in this modern world, most of em are thrasing round like idiots trying to work out how relevant they still are when a large percentage of the population has moved to the adhoc internet source of information.

this is the best sense of "free press" .. its constant source of pride to see my country with the arabs,iranians, chinese and russians.

twitch.
That Australia would invoke internet censorship to such a degree I find very surprising, and disappointing, given that I've always perceived Australia to be a rather robust a parliamentary democracy.

Why did Australia embrace the Nanny State?
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

The Sun has been plunged into its worst ever crisis following the arrest of five of its most senior journalists over corruption allegations, moving Rupert Murdoch to pledge his support for the paper amid rumours that it faces closure

A police officer, a serving member of the armed forces and a defence ministry employee were also among eight people arrested on Saturday . .

suspicion of corruption ... aiding and abetting misconduct in a public office ... and conspiracy in relation to both these offences,” London’s Metropolitan Police Force said in a statement. ”It relates to suspected payments to police officers and public officials.”