Was Benghazi a middle east version of fast and furious?

Doc

Was Benghazi a middle east version of fast and furious?

Post by Doc »

Just another Obama admin gun running scandal leading to dead Americans?

A lot of rumors going around about this. THe Obama Admin still refuses to let the Benghazi survivors testify before congress in public. Leaving the possibility open that the guns used to kill Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans were sold to the terrorists that killed them by the Obama admin.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/31/politics/ ... a-hearing/
CIA operatives to testify at classified Benghazi hearing
By Drew Griffin and Kathleen Johnston, CNN Investigations
updated 9:42 PM EDT, Thu October 31, 2013
Watch this video
CIA officers will testify on Benghazi
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

CIA contractors who responded to terror attack in Libya will tell their story to Congress
Lawmakers have been pressing for witness accounts from the September 2012 attack
Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed in attack
Benghazi has become a political flashpoint between Republicans and Obama administration

Washington (CNN) -- A House Intelligence subcommittee will hear from CIA security officers who are expected to tell a much more detailed story about the terror attack in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans last year, CNN has learned.

The men, described by sources as former Navy SEALs, former Army Special Forces and former Marines, were under contract to guard CIA agents on the ground there.

The security officers were among those who responded when Stevens' compound was attacked on the night of September 11, 2012.

They will appear before lawmakers behind closed doors during the week of November 11, sources told CNN.
Photos: Attack on U.S. Consulate in Libya Photos: Attack on U.S. Consulate in Libya
'Benghazi was a tragedy, not a scandal'
Benghazi victim's mom responds to news
Graham pushes for answers on Benghazi

Members of Congress have been trying to get access to the security officers and CIA agents, but those attempts have failed to date.

Of the estimated nearly two dozen CIA operatives on the ground that night, only one has testified, the sources said.

Frustrated lawmakers have told CNN they have been dissatisfied with the investigation so far conducted by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers, R-Michigan.

His staff defends the work of the committee, telling CNN previously the review has included nine full committee hearings, roundtable discussions with some Obama administration officials, an interim report and a vow that the investigation continues.

The members of Congress say they don't want information that's filtered like what they've gotten in briefings and documents, but that they want to hear the answers to three basic questions straight from those who were there:

One: What was the CIA doing in Libya? There have been allegations the CIA was operating a gun-running program with weapons going from Libya to Syrian rebels.

Two: What happened during the failed rescue attempts? CNN has been told that there was a group of would-be rescuers at the CIA annex, armed and ready to go within minutes of the attack, but they were held off until finally they defied orders and staged a rescue on their own.

Sen. Lindsey Graham pushes for answers

Three: Did the administration know immediately that this was a planned terrorist attack? And if so, why did administration officials try to first claim it was a spontaneous response to a demonstration over a movie that offended Muslims?

"I think that there's a real mystery here surrounding what really took place and for reasons unbeknownst to me, the Congress as well as the agency are going out of their way to protect whatever there was that they were doing operationally in Libya," said Fred Burton, a former State Department diplomatic security agent who has written a book about Benghazi that's now being turned into an HBO movie.

And sources say the CIA has been trying to keep its employees quiet.

CNN reported previously that some operatives involved in the agency's missions in Libya have been subjected to frequent -- even monthly -- polygraph examinations to find out whether they've have spoken to Congress or the media, according to sources with deep inside knowledge of the agency's workings.

The CIA said in a statement this is "patently false."

"Not a single CIA officer who was on the ground in Benghazi during the attacks has been subjected to any CIA polygraph intended to discourage them from speaking to Congress or as retaliation," the agency told CNN.

"To date, some of these officers have already spoken to the oversight committees on Benghazi," it added.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Re: Was Benghazi a middle east version of fast and furious?

Post by Mr. Perfect »

This has been swirling for some time, it's practically established fact. If it were to get that extra grain of sand and become proof then I expect obama would become more popular among his 10,000 ninjas base.
Censorship isn't necessary
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Like I said at the time, nobody cares. You can hang military types out to dry as often as the day is long, especially SF breed, and nobody cares. This time it got a State guy killed, and that's the only reason we even know about it. Other than that? No, Americans make big noise about supporting the troops, but not enough to elect people that won't use them for crap like this. This is a very, very old tale, the names and dates just change.
Doc

Post by Doc »

There is a lot more to this story than has been told. But I will tell you this Presidential aspirations make a big difference.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Demon of Undoing wrote:Like I said at the time, nobody cares. You can hang military types out to dry as often as the day is long, especially SF breed, and nobody cares. This time it got a State guy killed, and that's the only reason we even know about it. Other than that? No, Americans make big noise about supporting the troops, but not enough to elect people that won't use them for crap like this. This is a very, very old tale, the names and dates just change.
That is a pretty naive point of view, when these stories make news and don't depends entirely on if it helps the Democrat party.
Demon of Undoing

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Demon of Undoing wrote:Like I said at the time, nobody cares. You can hang military types out to dry as often as the day is long, especially SF breed, and nobody cares. This time it got a State guy killed, and that's the only reason we even know about it. Other than that? No, Americans make big noise about supporting the troops, but not enough to elect people that won't use them for crap like this. This is a very, very old tale, the names and dates just change.
That is a pretty naive point of view, when these stories make news and don't depends entirely on if it helps the Democrat party.

Screw you and your naive. I remember late nights and uncles pacing over " through the grapevine" calls that trickled in over the course of weeks, wondering if this friend or that friend of the family would be " lost to a skydiving accident" or a " victim of local crime" under your boy Reagan. You have exactly zero to teach me about this issue, hoss.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Yeah, on that. There is a difference between operational cover and political cover. There is a difference between missions that have received some kind of support via the electoral process (say standing up to Communism) and missions that nobody would even understand let alone agree with (whatever the heck we're doing in the ME these last years), there is a difference between keeping secrets from your enemies and keeping secrets from your citizens, and of course there is a difference between lying to protect your troops and lying to protect yourself at the expense of your troops.

So yeah, I would say naive, top to bottom.
Demon of Undoing

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Who doesnt know about covert ops Berzer.
Demon of Undoing

You, apparently, if you think everything that happened in that field under Reagan had " electoral support".

Stay ignorant. I don't care.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

You are blinded by black and white thinking. And for me to say that to you.