What music are you listening to? | 2

A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.
Parodite

Re: What music are you listening to? | 2

Post by Parodite »

_BOh38uoPvE
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

PECk9A-07Pw
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Art-Architecture Science Philosophy this covers a lot of things But posted here by title The whole series is on Youtube. But too many ads :(

Ibrahim and AZ you may like this.

R7mPkXVwYuM
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:Art-Architecture Science Philosophy this covers a lot of things But posted here by title The whole series is on Youtube. But too many ads :(

R7mPkXVwYuM

Interesting, Thanx

but

Ibrahim can confirm

All, mathematics and all the science, come from Persia, and not Arabia .. Arabs had nothing to do with all this

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Doc wrote:Art-Architecture Science Philosophy this covers a lot of things But posted here by title The whole series is on Youtube. But too many ads :(

R7mPkXVwYuM

Interesting, Thanx

but

Ibrahim can confirm

All, mathematics and all the science, come from Persia, and not Arabia .. Arabs had nothing to do with all this

Glad you liked The whole ascent of Man: series is quite good. I haven't seen it for years so I think I am going to watch it again if I can get through all the commercials.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

-c5Y40w82Uo

Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

KBujoTwTBZ0
Been busy doing stuff
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Just finished Geoff Emerick's book, he was the chief audio engineer for the Beatles.

Not a Beatles fan but his book was amazing, written from a technical perspective. Nothing I didn't know in terms of studio technology, that stuff is SO ancient, a $3,000 computer rig today can do what a quarter million in old gear did in yesteryear.

What was interesting was getting a true behind the scenes look into their creative process. It is underwhelming. There are people in music who will put the Beatles up with Mozart and what have you, but it is very hard to do that after reading this book. They were mostly kids goofing off and George Martin did the heavy musical lifting for the most part. Anything not a guitar came from him except some piano.

Most "artists" won't tell you their creative process because in my experience they don't want to jinx it, so they make up cover stories that are vague and self serving. For the Beatles they would write songs bare bones at home and play them for the group in the studio and then people would pitch in ideas over months of time, sometimes smoothly sometimes very roughly. They were one of the first bands who would work on a song and then table it for weeks or months and come back to it. I think this is really the best method.

John Lennon comes off particularly bad in this, after Sgt Pepper he became useless due to drugs and Yoko. Also Abbey Rd studio comes off poorly, the control rooms were too small, the main studio room was too big and the small studio #2 room was too small and their equipment was always behind the times due to EMI policy. The Beatles were always trying to go somewhere else because they didn't like it, but were contractually obligated to EMI. Interestingly after Sgt Pepper there was a management change and the studio was overhauled, changing the characteristics from the "classic" sounds people think came from Abbey Rd and apparently very few people even know about it. EMI was not particularly interested in the pop music sensibilities at that time, it was purely an income stream and R&D center for other lines of business from their perspective.

mbLhYR7Feh4
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I prefer the simplicity of the Beatle's earlier work:

SbKGsEK_T9g

Much of the later work sounds overproduced to my ears.

The Beatles were very productive in a short period of time.

They clearly learned something as three of them, Paul, John, and George, also had productive post-Beatle careers.
John Lennon's was obviously cut short.
George Harrison was a wonderful surprise:

rxvpzC-OZWY

All Things Must Pass is a great album.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

rj4J6i_vw0w
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

u1kZ9zYr7kk
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:

R7mPkXVwYuM

Interesting, Thanx

but

Ibrahim can confirm

Glad you liked The whole ascent of Man: series is quite good. I haven't seen it for years so I think I am going to watch it again if I can get through all the commercials.
The entire series is brilliant.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

QH3Fx41Jpl4
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

yk9EdFtm4JQ

Love the arrangement on this one.
Been busy doing stuff
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

mDXG4-wDa_c
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

53o-77Yf5TQ
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

0iJc-d3cBUg
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NSkiK6iRtoo
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Typhoon wrote:NSkiK6iRtoo
Love the Louis Armstrong part. Damn that man could sing
Been busy doing stuff
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

-ip64cG7gK4
Been busy doing stuff
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

eNIxjtw6byk

Rg-qfLVakmM
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

OkCjPDvgigw
Been busy doing stuff
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Навка-Башаров - Танго

I think I understand Putin's objections to homosexuality in the winter olympics a little better. Two guys doing that performance just would not work.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila