TSA guards Tennessee Highway

Enki

TSA guards Tennessee Highway

Post by Enki »

http://diegetics.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2143

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arc ... sa/247243/
hoosiernorm wrote:When you come into Nashville on I-40 from the Jackson area you are usually met with a line of white Suburbans all parked at the Davidson County line. They set there plugging license plates in all day and when the information is processed in they get action orders to observe certain vehicles. If you park at any hotel the local police usually add every license plate number they encounter into the data base. I often wonder who gets all of that data anyway.
It's only a matter of time before every license plate has RFID and there are readers at every intersection. There is a whole byzantine network of data that various enforcement jurisdictions collect.

I stopped believing in privacy when a local NJ PD accessed a sealed record of mine from his squad car.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Hoosiernorm

Re: TSA guards Tennessee Highway

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Who has access to all of that data? I know that a lot of the equipment was paid for with all of the homeland security funds that were made available by the fed. Who gets all of that data?
Been busy doing stuff
Enki

Post by Enki »

Hoosiernorm wrote:Who has access to all of that data? I know that a lot of the equipment was paid for with all of the homeland security funds that were made available by the fed. Who gets all of that data?
Probably DHS and whomever DHS chooses to share it with. But I think the answer is that DHS is the central repository.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

hoosiernorm wrote:When you come into Nashville on I-40 from the Jackson area you are usually met with a line of white Suburbans all parked at the Davidson County line. They set there plugging license plates in all day and when the information is processed in they get action orders to observe certain vehicles. If you park at any hotel the local police usually add every license plate number they encounter into the data base. I often wonder who gets all of that data anyway.

Transportation Security Administration boss John Pistole said something revealing. "I see flying as a privilege that is a public safety issue. So the government has a role in providing for the public safety and we need to do everything we can in partnership with the traveling public, to inform them about what their options are,"

So douche bag Bureau nazis are defining what is a privilege, man the they really do have a blank cheque and this lavender only seems to be getting worse like some Kafka-esque spiral into hell.

How long before these nutjobs start demanding random pat-downs?
Enki

Post by Enki »

Carbizene wrote:

Transportation Security Administration boss John Pistole said something revealing. "I see flying as a privilege that is a public safety issue. So the government has a role in providing for the public safety and we need to do everything we can in partnership with the traveling public, to inform them about what their options are,"

So douche bag Bureau nazis are defining what is a privilege, man the they really do have a blank cheque and this lavender only seems to be getting worse like some Kafka-esque spiral into hell.

How long before these nutjobs start demanding random pat-downs?
Not long.

http://www.nyclu.org/stopandfrisk
-Alexander Hamilton
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Of course these random interrogations are only occuring to people on low income.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

The DHS and the new entitled attitude of police agencies don't seem to be making us any safer, but they're making us a hell of a lot less free.
cultivate a white rose
Enki

Post by Enki »

Azrael wrote:The DHS and the new entitled attitude of police agencies don't seem to be making us any safer, but they're making us a hell of a lot less free.
I have always been more afraid of the cops than the criminals. But when you are a child and a snaggletoothed redneck deputy tells you that it's ok for parents to beat their children and accuses you of being in a gang, well...you lose faith when people that stupid and nasty get put into positions of authority.
-Alexander Hamilton