The Donald....the newest savior.....

manolo

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Post by manolo »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Looking like that's the only role left for Bernie.
Mr P,

Depends what post Hillary has in store for him. I don't expect it will be VP.

Alex.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Brasil needs someone like Trump

'In Brazil, when a poor person steals, he goes to prison. When a rich person steals, he becomes a cabinet minister!' -Lula

Protesters storm Brazilian capital after bugged phone call goes public which reveals President gave senior government position to her predecessor so he could avoid arrest over corruption
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ption.html
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Charles Barkley endorses Donald Trump

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:Charles Barkley endorses Donald Trump

National Review | Speaking of the poor, a somewhat less romantic view of small town USA Trump supporters

While I've driven through a lot of hard scrabble areas in the US, I have never spent enough time in them to be able to comment on the accuracy of the claims being made.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Meet the next leader of free world .. the guy who going to deal with Putin and Ayatollahs and Chinese.

HU5EIIp9dko

:D

NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Typhoon wrote:

National Review | Speaking of the poor, a somewhat less romantic view of small town USA Trump supporters

While I've driven through a lot of hard scrabble areas in the US, I have never spent enough time in them to be able to comment on the accuracy of the claims being made.
If Kevin Williamson actually believes that Owsley County is representative of the white working class, he’s foolish. Look up the numbers- it has fewer than 5,000 people living in it and is just about the least affluent county, within the poorest sub-region of the United States.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:

Next time you go to Chicago, try driving through the south side.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

If Kevin Williamson actually believes that Owsley County is representative of the white working class, he’s foolish. Look up the numbers- it has fewer than 5,000 people living in it and is just about the least affluent county, within the poorest sub-region of the United States.
Don't be disingenuous here -- the problems he describes are endemic to poor white communities big and small. Prescription drug abuse is a massive mainstream phenomenon. So is giving up on job hunting in favor of posting anti-Obama screeds on Facebook to pass the time. The growing and sympathetic media analysis of the pathologies, dashed hopes, and crippling externalities -- forces beyond their control -- faced by poor Trump voters is a perfect example of the double standard faced by blacks and Latinos, whose identical problems are casually written off and attributed to "culture" and the politics of victimization.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

The logical fallacy that one disasters somehow obviates another.

When I lived near Chicago, I was a regular at the, now closed, New Checkerboard Lounge on E 43rd St.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

When I lived near Chicago, I was a regular at the, now closed, New Checkerboard Lounge on E 43rd St.
National Review hates Trump and his supporters

Otherwise

http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/03/17/st ... lege-video
Students Support 'Affirmative Suicide' to Combat 'White Privilege'
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Probably.

However, that is a side issue as to whether or not the description in the article is accurate.
Doc wrote:Otherwise

The world is full of fools. It would be wearing to bother to pay attention to even a tiny subset of them.
Heracleum Persicum

Harry Reid :
"Republican leaders created the drought conditions,"
"Trump simply struck the match."

"What thrived in the wasteland Republican leaders created? Resentment, hatred," Reid said.

Republicans also have rejected science and other evidence that supported Democratic policies, such as on climate change and gun violence, he said.

"Even basic facts about the state of the economy," he said. "It’s no wonder Americans feel powerless."
Reid added that he believes this all helped to foster the rise of the Tea Party -- a wave he said is driven by "some of the darkest forces in our culture."

Birther Movement

And there have been other byproducts of Senate Republican actions, said Reid, that have helped kick off what he called "the Donald Trump movement."

Those included, he said, pushing the idea that Obama’s presidency was somehow illegitimate, including through the birther movement, which promoted the false story that Obama was born in Kenya.

"And who was the most prominent Republican in the birther movement? Yeah, Donald Trump," said Reid. "The Republican Party has become without question the party of Donald Trump."

"If McConnell and Ryan think that Donald Trump’s racist, xenophobic demagoguery is wrong, they should not support him -- period," Reid said. "If they refuse to revoke their support for Trump, they should both put on ‘Make America Great Again’ hats, and stand behind Trump at his next press conference."

But they haven’t rejected Trump, he said. "This is precisely the type of moral cowardice" that led to Trump’s rise, he added.

What a disaster, what a disaster .. what happened to our beloved American ?

Doc, MP, Monsters, relaaax .. all this Democrat talk, I'm voting for Trump :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Harry Reid :
"Republican leaders created the drought conditions,"
"Trump simply struck the match."

"What thrived in the wasteland Republican leaders created? Resentment, hatred," Reid said.

Republicans also have rejected science and other evidence that supported Democratic policies, such as on climate change and gun violence, he said.

"Even basic facts about the state of the economy," he said. "It’s no wonder Americans feel powerless."
Reid added that he believes this all helped to foster the rise of the Tea Party -- a wave he said is driven by "some of the darkest forces in our culture."

Birther Movement

And there have been other byproducts of Senate Republican actions, said Reid, that have helped kick off what he called "the Donald Trump movement."

Those included, he said, pushing the idea that Obama’s presidency was somehow illegitimate, including through the birther movement, which promoted the false story that Obama was born in Kenya.

"And who was the most prominent Republican in the birther movement? Yeah, Donald Trump," said Reid. "The Republican Party has become without question the party of Donald Trump."

"If McConnell and Ryan think that Donald Trump’s racist, xenophobic demagoguery is wrong, they should not support him -- period," Reid said. "If they refuse to revoke their support for Trump, they should both put on ‘Make America Great Again’ hats, and stand behind Trump at his next press conference."

But they haven’t rejected Trump, he said. "This is precisely the type of moral cowardice" that led to Trump’s rise, he added.

What a disaster, what a disaster .. what happened to our beloved American ?

Doc, MP, Monsters, relaaax .. all this Democrat talk, I'm voting for Trump :lol:

Lying Harry Reid doesn't impress me a bit Apparently neither is his brother in law.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Probably.

However, that is a side issue as to whether or not the description in the article is accurate.
:roll: Again National Review hates Trump They would do and say anything to stop him from winning the nomination.
Doc wrote:Otherwise

The world is full of fools. It would be wearing to bother to pay attention to even a tiny subset of them.
The PC thing is quickly getting completely out of control
manolo

Post by manolo »

Doc wrote:
:roll: Again National Review hates Trump They would do and say anything to stop him from winning the nomination.
Doc and folks,

Yes, the National Review do point up the dangers Trump poses to conservatism in the US.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... d-save-gop

Alex.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:

Otherwise

I don't see a problem here.

After each True Believer commits suicide, I will posthumously grant them all credit for the solution of many problems.

It's a damn shame that good leadership is in such short supply in this movement. :(

My protest sign: "You first! I'm behind you all the way!"

What a great combination of the (life long) pro-abortion and pro-gun crowds. Harmony at last.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:

Otherwise

I don't see a problem here.

After each True Believer commits suicide, I will posthumously grant them all credit for the solution of many problems.

It's a damn shame that good leadership is in such short supply in this movement. :(

My protest sign: "You first! I'm behind you all the way!"

What a great combination of the (life long) pro-abortion and pro-gun crowds. Harmony at last.
Historically when progressives find that their voluntary eugenics programs don't work, they switch to involuntary programs.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Such movements invariably eat their own.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Typhoon wrote:Such movements invariably eat their own.
Typhoon,

Yes, that's conservatism for you.

Alex.
Doc

Post by Doc »

No, they eat others. Usually after decades of failure they pretend it never happened. Out of sight out of mind I guess. Lots and lots of examples out there.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

manolo wrote:
Typhoon,

Yes, that's conservatism for you.

Alex.
If one considers

the Red Guards,

all the true believers executed by Stalin, after summary show trials,

and a bit closer to home, the UK student unions that recently banned such famous leftists as Germaine Greer and Peter Tatchell from speaking on campuses,

as typical conservatives,

then sure.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Just so you guys know, National Review is full bore against Trump.

Nothing has changed. Whites are better off than Hispanics, who are better off than blacks.

Trump's numbers getting better.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/189299/presi ... s#pcf-fave

If the right of the country gets behind Trump then Hillary is finished. If those currently throwing tantrums sit it out again it probably won't happen.
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Trump campaign is not a hostile takeover of the Republican Party.
It is a rebellion of shareholders
who are voting to throw out the corporate officers, board of directors, who ran the company into the ground.

. . Trump’s rivals were hesitant to take him on, seeing the number he did on “little Marco,” “low energy” Jeb, and “Lyin’ Ted.” But the Big Media—the Post, Wall Street Journal, New York Times—have been relentless and ruthless.

Yet Trump’s strength with voters seemed to grow, pari passu, with the savagery of their attacks. As for National Review, The Weekly Standard and the accredited conservative columnists of the big op-ed pages, their hostility to Trump seems to rise, commensurate with Trump’s rising polls.

As the Wizard of Oz was exposed as a little man behind a curtain with a big megaphone, our media establishment is unlikely ever again to be seen as formidable as it once was.

And the GOP? Those Republicans who assert that a Trump nomination would be a moral stain, a scarlet letter, the death of the party, they are most likely describing what a Trump nomination would mean to their own ideologies and interests.

. . .
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

If the Republicans try to pull a fast one, ie: broker convention, Trump should drop the Republican label, run third party and ask Bernie Sanders to be his VP.

boom.