2012-2016: An insolvent and ungovernable United States?

Ibrahim

Re: 2012-2016: An insolvent and ungovernable United States?

Post by Ibrahim »

Enki wrote:
Ibrahim wrote: Uh, do you know how laws work?
That's not a part of the Teapublican logic. I had someone tell me that TARP was Obama's responsibility because he implemented it. That's right, if a President doesn't violate the law and go back on laws passed before he is elected, that makes it his responsibility solely and completely.
I saw a lot of this kind of thinking from Ron Paul fans. Somehow he would have been able to repeal existing laws, introduce and pass his own legislation, and otherwise restructure the government single-handed. I question the seriousness of anybody who doesn't understand how laws are actually made.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Problems, yes. However, it's not the end of the world. Or the USA.
Well the dark ages weren't the end of the world to the Pangloss community, but really aren't we splitting hairs.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

In the case of obamacare apparently the President can just waive anything.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Enki wrote:
That's not a part of the Teapublican logic. I had someone tell me that TARP was Obama's responsibility because he implemented it. That's right, if a President doesn't violate the law and go back on laws passed before he is elected, that makes it his responsibility solely and completely.
Erm, do I get to start a thread about what Democrats have told me.

obama voted for andd enthusiastically supported TARP while the GOP defeated in on first pass. But you know all that so what's with the lying.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibrahim wrote:
Enki wrote:
Doc wrote: Everything ends sooner or later. What Obama care represents is a basic change in the nature of the USA. IE "the USA as we know it"
From a Totalitarian Police State where people die of treatable illnesses to a Totalitarian Police State where people don't die of treatable illnesses?
:)
When you cut a trillion dollars from medicare and millions of people lose their insurance then how does death from preventable disease go down. Pls answer this question.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Is this your plan to kill people with preventable disease tinker. It might work.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/ho ... -obamacare
Top Hospitals Opt Out of Obamacare

Americans who sign up for insurance on the state exchanges may not have access to the nation's top hospitals, Watchdog.org reports.

The Obama Administration has been claiming that insurance companies will be competing for your dollars under the Affordable Care Act, but apparently they haven't surveyed the nation's top hospitals.

Americans who sign up for Obamacare will be getting a big surprise if they expect to access premium health care that may have been previously covered under their personal policies. Most of the top hospitals will accept insurance from just one or two companies operating under Obamacare.
Way to go Democrats. Pine box business folks. Pine boxes.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Is this your plan to kill people with preventable disease tinker. It might work.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/ho ... -obamacare
Top Hospitals Opt Out of Obamacare

Americans who sign up for insurance on the state exchanges may not have access to the nation's top hospitals, Watchdog.org reports.

The Obama Administration has been claiming that insurance companies will be competing for your dollars under the Affordable Care Act, but apparently they haven't surveyed the nation's top hospitals.

Americans who sign up for Obamacare will be getting a big surprise if they expect to access premium health care that may have been previously covered under their personal policies. Most of the top hospitals will accept insurance from just one or two companies operating under Obamacare.
Way to go Democrats. Pine box business folks. Pine boxes.

Actually Obamacare does not out of network health care. If you go to any doctor outside of your network you pay 100% PERIOD If you want to go to say the Mayo clinic you aren't covered. IF fact instead of health care being a national market place Obamacare reduces it to competition by county. You can only get insurance from companies that offer insurance in your county.
http://nypost.com/2013/10/23/out-of-net ... are-plans/
Out-of-network not an option in individual ObamaCare plans
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Demon of Undoing wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:They'll just occur at the same time.
Ok, so one is not related to the other. What threat axis do you see regarding nuclear weapons? Don't say that Jesus told you.
Any other questions.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... f-widespr/
Chinese state-run media revealed for the first time this week that Beijing’s nuclear submarines can attack American cities as a means to counterbalance U.S. nuclear deterrence in the Pacific.

On Monday, leading media outlets including China Central TV, the People’s Daily, the Global Times, the PLA Daily, the China Youth Daily and the Guangmin Daily ran identical, top-headlined reports about the “awesomeness” of the People's Liberation Army navy’s strategic submarine force.

“This is the first time in 42 years since the establishment of our navy’s strategic submarine force that we reveal on such a large scale the secrets of our first-generation underwater nuclear force,” the Global Times said in a lengthy article titled “China for the First Time Possesses Effective Underwater Nuclear Deterrence against the United States.”

The article features 30 photos and graphics detailing, among other things, damage projections for Seattle and Los Angeles after being hit by Chinese nuclear warheads and the deadly radiation that would spread all the way to Chicago.

China’s sub fleet is reportedly the world’s second-largest, with about 70 vessels. About 10 are nuclear-powered, and four or more of those are nuclear ballistic submarines capable of launching missiles.

Chinese calculations for nuclear attacks on the U.S. are chillingly macabre.

“Because the Midwest states of the U.S. are sparsely populated, in order to increase the lethality, [our] nuclear attacks should mainly target the key cities on the West Coast of the United States, such as Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego,” the Global Times said.

“The 12 JL-2 nuclear warheads carried by one single Type 094 SSBN can kill and wound 5 million to 12 million Americans,” the Global Times reported.
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

By that logic, the US has been waiting to start the nuclear annihilation of China since the first Polaris subs.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Demon of Undoing wrote:By that logic, the US has been waiting to start the nuclear annihilation of China since the first Polaris subs.
You're talking to Mr. "A Russian war game equals Western encroachment" Perfect.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

ymix, let's not go full Zack Morris on this one, reading comprehension matters. If Russia is pushing their boundaries after feeling emboldened by b!slapping obama, who wouldn't, that doesn't mean that I endorse every particular thing that someone puts in an article, all of which goes without saying but for some reason now I have to do that.

As for B and the Chinese threat, ask your leftist buddies, they say armament unavoidably leads to escalation, escalation leads to war. Every one of them will tell you that and spend hours explaining how they are right.
YMix

Post by YMix »

If Russia is pushing their boundaries
You have yet to prove that.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Oh boy. Now we have to prove everything. What makes you decide when you demand proof ymix, why not demand proof for all the extravagant claims made by team single payer. I started doing that and they ran away like (fill in the blank).

What difference does it make to you one way or the other. Are you an obama fan or something, why so defensive.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Oh boy. Now we have to prove everything. What makes you decide when you demand proof ymix
I realize that bringing proof to support your assertions is not something you usually do, but give it a try this time.
why not demand proof for all the extravagant claims made by team single payer. I started doing that and they ran away like (fill in the blank).
Not a conversation I'm involved in.
What difference does it make to you one way or the other. Are you an obama fan or something, why so defensive.
:yawn:
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

You guys still keep proposing that millions of people can be governable. Have we ever seen any proof of that?

Or is this thread just about what form of ungovernable is best?

DC, Brussels, West Virginia, France, Arkansas, Germany, New York, Romania, Australia, etc.

Has anyone tried drugging the water supply?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote:You guys still keep proposing that millions of people can be governable. Have we ever seen any proof of that?
The Soviet Union?
Or is this thread just about what form of ungovernable is best?

DC, Brussels, West Virginia, France, Arkansas, Germany, New York, Romania, Australia, etc.

Has anyone tried drugging the water supply?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote: . .

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... f-widespr/
. . .

Chinese calculations for nuclear attacks on the U.S. are chillingly macabre.

“Because the Midwest states of the U.S. are sparsely populated, in order to increase the lethality, [our] nuclear attacks should mainly target the key cities on the West Coast of the United States, such as Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego,” the Global Times said.

. . .
As opposed to the kinder and gentler US calculations for attack on major Chinese cities? Which have been in place since the 1950's

Anyways, China is a key reason Bush II should not have p*ssed away trillions on the Muddled East and Obama should not continue to do so.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote: Problems, yes. However, it's not the end of the world. Or the USA.
Well the dark ages weren't the end of the world to the Pangloss community, but really aren't we splitting hairs.
Scholars not long refer to the medieval period in Europe as the "dark ages".

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:ymix, let's not go full Zack Morris on this one, reading comprehension matters. If Russia is pushing their boundaries after feeling emboldened by b!slapping obama, who wouldn't, that doesn't mean that I endorse every particular thing that someone puts in an article, all of which goes without saying but for some reason now I have to do that.

As for B and the Chinese threat, ask your leftist buddies, they say armament unavoidably leads to escalation, escalation leads to war. Every one of them will tell you that and spend hours explaining how they are right.
Well, given that the US spends 10 times more on armaments than anyone else, it may account for the US invasion of Iraq and other misadventures in response to 9/11 [perpetrated by mostly Saudi Arabian nationals].
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:ymix, let's not go full Zack Morris on this one, reading comprehension matters. If Russia is pushing their boundaries after feeling emboldened by b!slapping obama, who wouldn't, that doesn't mean that I endorse every particular thing that someone puts in an article, all of which goes without saying but for some reason now I have to do that.

Well, given that the US spends 10 times more on armaments than anyone else, it may account for the US invasion of Iraq and other misadventures in response to 9/11 [perpetrated by mostly Saudi Arabian nationals].
Not ten times even in a dollar to dollar comparison

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... penditures

The Chinese have the advantage of being able to built things cheap. So the dollar to dollar comparison doesn't make much sense anyway
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:Scholars not long refer to the medieval period in Europe as the "dark ages".

If we're being precise gothic cathedrals were produced after the "dark ages," which take place roughly from the fall of the Western Roman empire until the 9th-11th centuries, depending on who you talk to.

Say what you will about the medieval church, I don't know that the Americas have produced anything that will last as long in the end. But I remain cautiously optimistic.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:As opposed to the kinder and gentler US calculations for attack on major Chinese cities? Which have been in place since the 1950's

Anyways, China is a key reason Bush II should not have p*ssed away trillions on the [Middle] East and Obama should not continue to do so.
Competition with China is equally stupid though. There is no realistic "arms race," and economically they are both intertwined, so while the Iraq and Afghan wars were ruinously expensive and reputation-destroying failures, I don't think China really figures into it.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

A little insertion of reality, what Bush spent on ME wars is a drop in the bucket compared to the various obama vanity projects.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibrahim wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Scholars not long refer to the medieval period in Europe as the "dark ages".

If we're being precise gothic cathedrals were produced after the "dark ages,"
Yeah. I think there was some alcohol in the above postings by CS. Happens to everyone.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote: I realize that bringing proof to support your assertions is not something you usually do, but give it a try this time.
If you were to involve yourself in more conversations you would see that I do it more than anyone else here.

But ymix, to get back to the point, where was proof that Pearl Harbor, Cuban missile crisis, end of the SU, tech bubble pop, 9-11, and and and and before they happened.

Politics is about reading the tea leaves. Politics isn't for everyone.
Not a conversation I'm involved in.
I wonder why that is.
:yawn:
But why are you so defensive.