Levitas

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Parodite

Re: Levitas

Post by Parodite »

7jx0dTYUO5E
Deep down I'm very superficial
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

funny

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

BKezUd_xw20
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Handwriting is important. Now, take yer caterpillar, erase it, and start again.....'>>.........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

lol

In the mean time, Ana:

special cunt :: cleanup tics :: tunic places :P
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

5nmm0ofA15k
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

kwJAMTUy9hY
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colin Quinn on rats in NYC:

"I'm not saying its bad in New York, but I think our director of Health and Human Services is Victor Hugo."
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I heard Obama is in the hospital.

Seems he just can't stop pootin'.

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

2h-WhhqFjv4
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I knew the paralympics are competitive, but that's an awful lot of effort just to qualify.

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:I knew the paralympics are competitive, but that's an awful lot of effort just to qualify.
lol

on the other hand.. you have to be mentally challenged already
Heracleum Persicum

funny.jpg
funny.jpg (42.83 KiB) Viewed 585 times
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

D-Day veteran, 89, escapes nursing home to travel to Normandy.
'I just wanted to go over and join in with the commemorations,' he said. 'Being a veteran myself this was important to me and it meant the world. I met some great characters from old veterans to dancing girls'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2650882/D-Day-veteran-89-reported-missing-care-home-staff-told-travel-France-Normandy-escaping-joining-friends.html

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

The initial response from students has been largely positive

:lol: :lol: .. surprise GOOD news

In a joint statement by Columbia University President Li Bollingir and SIPA Dean Meritt Ganow, SIPA will welcome former Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as a visiting professor for the upcoming academic year. Dean Ganow said, “We at Columbia have had the privilege of hosting numerous world leaders as visiting faculty members, but without a doubt President Ahmadinejad has a level of respect in the international community that is unparalleled.

She later explained that Mr. Ahmadinejad would teach two courses next year: Politics of Policymaking (PoP) and a new 3-credit seminar entitled, “Embracing Social Media as a Tool for Positive Change.”

The initial response from students has been largely positive.

Danny Castillo (MPA ’15) said, “I was pleasantly surprised when I heard (he) will be teaching PoP next year. I took the class last semester and felt that it was a pointless waste of time. I think it’s great that SIPA is bringing in someone with actual policymaking experience to teach it.”

PoP has been the focal point of criticism for many MPA students. Seen as the “spiritual equivalent” of the MIA 4-credit core course, Conceptual Foundations, the PoP curriculum attempts to provide an intellectual framework to the policymaking process that will guide MPA students in their careers. Under constant scrutiny, the course has changed significantly each year and has most recently evolved into an introduction to the American policymaking process. However, since most MPA students already have relevant professional experience, many have complained that the curriculum is too “watered down” for American students and too “American-centric” for internationals, leaving students with neither a better understanding of the policy process nor memo writing skills. Mr. Ahmadinejad’s revamp of the course presents a fresh perspective that is leaving many feeling optimistic.

Tiequan Zhang (MPA ’15) explained, “I’m a huge fan of President Ahmadinejad. The only thing I’m disappointed by is that SIPA waited until next year to bring him. I’m thinking about auditing it next year so I can take it again!”

University President Bollingir explained that bringing in the former Iranian leader didn’t take any convincing. He said, “Mahmoud loves Columbia. When he originally spoke on campus back in 2007, he was welcomed by thousands of passionate supporters and told me that he would love to teach here after finishing his term as president.”

“I’m confident he’ll bring fresh ideas and ways to implement them,” Bollingir continued. “When we spoke on the phone last week, he was already sharing new ideas on how we can make the university more energy efficient by using nuclear power.”

Since finishing his final term as president in 2013, Mr. Ahmadinejad has maintained a busy schedule due to high international demand. In addition to publishing his memoirs and serving as a Senior Fellow to the Heritage Foundation, Mr. Ahmadinejad has also appeared in three Hollywood films, most recently starring alongside Ben Affleck and Scarlett Johansson in “Ark of the Covenant,” scheduled to open June 16, 2014. He is scheduled to arrive on campus August 28th, immediately after accepting this year’s Pol Pot Award for Humanitarian Achievement in Geneva.
well, folks, our beloved Ahmadinejat now a Columbia teaching Professor :)

Wonder how Bollinger could swallow this

Nonc Hilaire

Re: The initial response from students has been largely posi

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Move to Levitas.

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Gk4vnVsx2wc
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:I heard Obama is in the hospital.

Seems he just can't stop pootin'.
I thought that was PM Abe, version 1.0.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

With a lot of US companies trying to establish their "Green" creds, it is not unusual to get an email with the following type of note below the signature:

Please think twice before printing this email. Only print this email if absolutely necessary. Save trees. Save the planet. Save the children.

The other day I got an email from a forestry company, the following note made me smile:

Notice: It's OK to print this e-mail. Paper is a plentiful, biodegradable, renewable, recyclable, sustainable product made from trees. Managed forests are good for the environment, providing more; clean air, clean water, wildlife habitat and carbon storage. Producing paper and other forest products utilizes a renewable natural resource and provides jobs and income for millions of Americans. Thanks to improved forest management, we have more trees today than we had 100 years ago.