Australia + New Zealand | The Antipodes

Carbizene

Re: Australia + New Zealand | The Antipodes

Post by Carbizene »

i think we should have unlimited corporate comment, there should be no distinction between paid comment and unpaid, i trust john laws.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Carbizene wrote:i think we should have unlimited corporate comment, there should be no distinction between paid comment and unpaid, i trust john laws.
id support anyting in preference to brown and gillard only allowing messages they approve of.

anyone that blames media conspiracy for me not buying into lefty horseshit is a megalomaniac that needs hanging.
ultracrepidarian
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

yeah right mate propose violence..stay classy and don't let your neck get to red..people might think you're communist.
noddy

Post by noddy »

i didnt propose violence, i suggested that megalomaniacs that strip me of my rights and claim they are protecting me from myself need hanging.

thats purely a defensive reaction.
ultracrepidarian
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

suggest you ring emergency psych. triage unit as you are dissociative.
noddy

Post by noddy »

im sorry, im under the influence of the right wing conspiracy, our media needs to be restricted so i can be re-edumacatederised into good proper thoughts and deeds.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-05/d ... ry/3869106

i realise i gave you fodder with my off the cuff hanging comment, my mistake, no colourful speech from now on... im totally stoked that our government thinks a contrary viewpoint is a conspiracy that needs new laws to get rid of it.
ultracrepidarian
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

i don't care, i sold my tv already and good luck to any a-holes that want to control the net, the real supporters of free speech are smarter.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

ironic that Menzies house should be playing up the freedom of speech thing:
Playing on Cold War fears of communism, Menzies introduced the Communist Party Dissolution Bill, which required anyone accused of being a communist to prove his or her innocence.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Carbizene wrote:Uppity Japanese/Australian media personality put in her place, note the most vitriol is saved for the non-caucasian..but don't worry racism doesn't exist in australia.
I don't think that this is unique to Australia: a combination of misogyny and racism.

Nor do I think that one can conclude that it is representative simply based on internet postings.
Controversy

On the 28 February 2012 episode of The Circle, Stynes, along with George Negus, made comments about Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith, a Victoria Cross recipient. Stynes suggested that he dive to the bottom of a swimming pool to find his brain, while Negus made a comment which was interpreted by some as casting doubt on Robert-Smith's ability to perform "in the sack". There have been many complaints, especially on social media,[4] with some people even suggesting that Stynes resign and that viewers boycott the show.[5] Both Stynes and Negus contacted Roberts-Smith personally to apologise and he accepted their apologies.[6] The incident was criticised by the Returned Services League, the Defence Minister Stephen Smith and the Parliamentary Secretary for Defence. Big4, APT, SwisseVitamins, Saria Shoes, Yoplait, Mitsubishi and Mirvac[7] dropped sponsorship of the show.[8] [9][10]
One of the problems with the internet is that what used to be a Letter to the Editor that would never be published is now posted as a comment available for all the world to see thereby attracting similar morons.

A resonance effect.

However, I don't that this warrants censorship. Threats of violence and death should be simply traced and prosecuted under existing laws.

As for Yumi Stynes, more living evidence of the benefits of miscegenation.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Limbaugh worming out. Yumi & the Grand Nagus diss Klingon

Post by monster_gardener »

Carbizene wrote:Uppity Japanese/Australian media personality put in her place, note the most vitriol is saved for the non-caucasian..but don't worry racism doesn't exist in australia.
Thank you Very Much for your post, Carbizene.

From your link: didn't completely work but found it by searching for Yumi
(Yumi) Stynes admitted she did not know much about Corporal Roberts-Smith**, who stormed an enemy machinegun position in Afghanistan in 2010, when she quipped: "He's going to dive down to the bottom of the pool to see if his brain is there."

Negus responded: "I'm sure he's a really good guy, nothing about poor old Ben. But that sort of bloke ... and what if they're not up to it in the sack?"

Another host questioned whether Negus was suggesting "that he could be a dud root", to laughter from the audience.

The Network Ten spokesman said the company understood and respected the decision by some sponsors to end their involvement with The Circle.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... z1oL5pt9x0

Similar is happening right now here in UZ.............. But on the Right allegedly Conservative side.........

Rush Limbaugh has gotten in real trouble over his comments in the Catholic Health Care Contraception Controversy when he called a Georgetown University Coed named Sandra Fluke *:wink: a "Slut"........ and a "Prostitute".............
The tumult started Wednesday, when Limbaugh called Fluke a “slut” on his radio show for arguing to Congress that women’s birth control should be covered by the health insurance plans offered by employers and other institutions, including schools.

“What does it say about the college co-ed Sandra Fluke, who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex, what does that make her? It makes her a slut , right? It makes her a prostitute,” he said. “She wants to be paid to have sex. She’s having so much sex she can’t afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex. What does that make us? We’re the pimps.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... dra-fluke/

By real trouble, I mean Losing Sponsors! And thus Losing MONEY!

As of yesterday, Rush has apologized 2 or 3 times but due to some fluke :wink: of fate, so far the young lady is having none of it...... Not accepting Rush's :wink: hurried flurry :wink: of apologies......... Having lot's of fun putting the Big :wink: man in his place......
Limbaugh apologized Saturday and then Monday. In the Saturday apology, he said in a statement: “My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices.”

On Monday, he against said: “I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for using those two words to describe her. I do not think she is either of those two words.”

But Fluke was not impressed by Limbaugh’s about-face, saying in an appearance on ABC talk show “The View” that she believed the apology was prompted by the outcry.

“I don’t think that a statement like this issued, saying that his choice of words was not the best, changes anything, and especially when that statement is issued when he’s under significant pressure from his sponsors who have begun to pull their support,” Fluke said.

Would suggest to Rush that maybe some cash or maybe a car with all the taxes paid might smooth things over......... Cash is probably best...... College students usually need/want it........ :lol:

*Fluke is a funny word in itself........ random chance....... a fat :wink: oops I mean flat worm.... also sounds suspiciously like something a slut does :lol: :lol: :lol:

NOTE: for some strange reason the Yumi-Negus controversy reminds me of a Star Trek Deep Space 9/Loveboat plot :wink:

Keiko and the Grand Negus of the Ferrengi insult a KLINGON!

Compare his bravery to stupidity.........

Question his virility :shock: :o

Pretty brave......... or stupid :wink:

** Danger!!! Will Robinson. Danger!!!
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Typhoon wrote:
As for Yumi Stynes, more living evidence of the benefits of miscegenation.
As a person aware of the obvious benefits of miscegenation as presented by said example I find it disconcerting there is such a vocal thread seeking to minimise this phenomenon.

this tea cup storm must be put in it's right context, 'the circle' is a light morning entertainment/comedy show interspersed with long ads for 'Blamo- the stain destroyer', it is very very light comedy ffs. The vitriol reserved for Yumi and her off the cuff remark, which most people would agree with any way, is a window into the true depths, one can accept it or not, never the less it exists.

The number of Corporates that have split from show proves just how much support there is for keeping an uppity miscegenate in her place, like i say..fucked up.
Carbizene

Re: Limbaugh worming out. Yumi & the Grand Nagus diss Klingo

Post by Carbizene »

monster_gardener wrote: NOTE: for some strange reason the Yumi-Negus controversy reminds me of a Star Trek Deep Space 9/Loveboat plot :wink:

Negus has always been a bit of a douche, a little too impressed with his own set but he has been a major Journalist in Australia so his pride is justified if a little mis-directed. He is just a little lost now that Journalism has pretty much gone down the toilet.

The difference between Yumi and Rush is that she is just part of a very light morning shopping show panel and Rushbo is a major something or other. The irrelvance of Yumi to the political discourse of this country and the immediate escalation of her relevance after her comment, is purely making an example of an uppity Miscegenate, nothing more.

Ironic that there is a hullabaloo about Labors efforts at censorship when we see the Corporate world exercising it's censorial powers to the extreme on Yumi, I fear she is not much longer for our screens and they step once more closer to the Aryan ideal.

redneck klu klux klan much, don't dare joke that one of the praetorian guards isn't Einstein, especially slopes, if that happens they will be destroyed.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Voluntary poll on if Yumi should be sacked for her joke about a Praetorian guard, 19000 participated and 60% voted yes, therefore it can be said that 60% of Australians are racist.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Australias SAS is our Praetorian guard, three friends of mine were attacked by a squad of them one night, one was hospitalised, the one who didn't run, high up police were contacted but we were told no prosecution would ensue due to them being Praetorian guards, that is untouchable.
Azrael

Re: Australia becomes a Dictatorship

Post by Azrael »

noddy wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Carbizene wrote:A few days ago a Senator resigned, there has been no election by the people he represented to replace him, instead the Leader has made his replacement in act of Dictatorial power.

No mention of the Dictatorial nature of this act has been made in the media, dramatically exposing the collusion between media and all sides of Politics, the bread is buttered both sides. The media is claiming it as an act of an assertive leader...yeah no lavender... just like Mussolini was assertive.

Previous invitations have now been retracted.
Sounds to me like that's the least of your problems Down Under
yeh all the redistributionist lefties are caught up in the meme that i dont like them because of a conspiracy of the media... the way to fix that is to stop all "irresponsible" media from having contrary opinions... then idiots like me would agree with them.

without rich people telling me lies and corrupting me id be totally happy with giving all my resources to central government and then queueing up with the appropriate paperwork to prove i deserve some of my own money... im easy like that, a total sucker for whats on the tellie.
How much of the media does that commie Rupert Murdoch own down in Australia?
cultivate a white rose
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Carbizene wrote:Australias SAS is our Praetorian guard, three friends of mine were attacked by a squad of them one night, one was hospitalised, the one who didn't run, high up police were contacted but we were told no prosecution would ensue due to them being Praetorian guards, that is untouchable.
Sejanus was considered untouchable, too; but he met a nasty end. Perhaps history will repeat itself.
cultivate a white rose
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Carbizene wrote:
Azrael wrote: So what are you saying? That your compatriots are racists? That they're stupid? I think that such a judgement (if that's what you mean) is unfair.
pretty much, we had a white australia policy up to the 70's and now we have a unspoken one, going so far as to break the Geneva convention to support it.
So I guess Australia is the Deeeeeep South. :wink:
We have sided with a power in decline, declaring aggression against the power that supports our lifestyle,
Are you going on about China again? Neither the U.S. nor the Deeeeeep South has "declared aggression" against China.
i think that is in the dictionary under stupid.
No. I checked the dictionary and found this: stupid: to help Tony Abbot come to power because you think that Julia Gillard is a fascist. (See Bush v Gore v Nader)
cultivate a white rose
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Azrael wrote: So I guess Australia is the Deeeeeep South. :wink:
pretty much, this was our flag of independance from Britain until it was stolen by tards.

Are you going on about China again? Neither the U.S. nor the Deeeeeep South has "declared aggression" against China.
We have, by the opening of a B-52, Marine Base and CVBG port in expressed threat against China, which is also in direct contradiction of the ANZUS treaty.
No. I checked the dictionary and found this: stupid: to help Tony Abbot come to power because you think that Julia Gillard is a fascist. (See Bush v Gore v Nader)
Crazy is probably more accurate, as for dullard and big ears there is some trouble in telling them apart.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Limbo worms:Yumi & Nagus eat Gagh Listen to Fanny Crosby hym

Post by monster_gardener »

Carbizene wrote:
monster_gardener wrote: NOTE: for some strange reason the Yumi-Negus controversy reminds me of a Star Trek Deep Space 9/Loveboat plot :wink:

Negus has always been a bit of a douche, a little too impressed with his own set but he has been a major Journalist in Australia so his pride is justified if a little mis-directed. He is just a little lost now that Journalism has pretty much gone down the toilet.

The difference between Yumi and Rush is that she is just part of a very light morning shopping show panel and Rushbo is a major something or other. The irrelvance of Yumi to the political discourse of this country and the immediate escalation of her relevance after her comment, is purely making an example of an uppity Miscegenate, nothing more.

Ironic that there is a hullabaloo about Labors efforts at censorship when we see the Corporate world exercising it's censorial powers to the extreme on Yumi, I fear she is not much longer for our screens and they step once more closer to the Aryan ideal.

redneck klu klux klan much, don't dare joke that one of the praetorian guards isn't Einstein, especially slopes, if that happens they will be destroyed.

Thank you Very Much for your post, Carbizene.

First the latest on the Rush the Limbo Dancer ;) :lol: Front.

Last night on FOX, Hannity IIRC had his operatives out amBushing DemocRats who had criticized Rush but were using money from SuperPac-man :wink: Bill Maher who supposedly contributed $1 million to the Super-Pack but also called Sara Palin a .......... starts with a "c" or "k" and rhymes/spells with "runt" ;) "c_nt".........** HanNutty wanted them to return the Maher money.....

The DemocRats were pretty much silent as mice :lol: :lol: :lol: (This one's for you, Mr. Perfect........ ;) )

Supposedly David Axelrod is going to be on Maher's show..... too.........

Quite frankly I think Yumi and the Grand Negus were rude & stupid ... BUT I don't want them fired... Especially not eye candy like Yumi...

Like I said about Rush...... Perhaps some sort of real penance/compensation would be appropriate.... send the SAS VC winner & family on a vacation, set up a scholarship for his children paid for by the program and coming out of the Grand Negus' next raise..... Ouch........ My Latinum........ My Latinum Oh my gold pressed Latinum......:lol: :lol:

Or maybe Yumi and the Grand Negus could learn how to say "I'm sorry" in Klingon and eat some gagh :wink:
Klingon delicacy made from serpent worms. Although most Klingons preferred it live, it could be served stewed or cold as well.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Gagh

Called gagh because that's what you want to do while eating it......... ;)

IIRC doesn't Oz have the world's biggest earthworms........... :o :shock:

This topic has really become a can of worms :wink: :lol: :lol:

** Which reminds me of a conversation with Noddy about the famous blind 19th Century Christian composer Fanny :wink: J. Crosby........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_Crosby
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
noddy

Post by noddy »

Azrael wrote:
noddy wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Carbizene wrote:A few days ago a Senator resigned, there has been no election by the people he represented to replace him, instead the Leader has made his replacement in act of Dictatorial power.

No mention of the Dictatorial nature of this act has been made in the media, dramatically exposing the collusion between media and all sides of Politics, the bread is buttered both sides. The media is claiming it as an act of an assertive leader...yeah no lavender... just like Mussolini was assertive.

yeh all the redistributionist lefties are caught up in the meme that i dont like them because of a conspiracy of the media... the way to fix that is to stop all "irresponsible" media from having contrary opinions... then idiots like me would agree with them.

without rich people telling me lies and corrupting me id be totally happy with giving all my resources to central government and then queueing up with the appropriate paperwork to prove i deserve some of my own money... im easy like that, a total sucker for whats on the tellie.
he owns most of the newspapers which in the post internet context is about as useful as owning most of the town criers after television came out.

all the traditional media in australia is highly restricted and government controlled, you cant particiate without licenses and as such we do have a lack of competition and this is why i find the government wanting more restrictions and control so repulsive... its truly a case of wanting to get rid of murdoch for being anti green left agenda and has nothing at all todo with diversity of opinion... thats the opposite of what they want.

as for george negus, nasty little vain man that has made a career of being a holier than thou, for him to be on the other side of an insentive low brow comment is like noam chomsky getting busted with an asian sex slave in his basement.. too f*cking funny.
ultracrepidarian
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

noddy wrote:
Azrael wrote:
noddy wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

he owns most of the newspapers which in the post internet context is about as useful as owning most of the town criers after television came out.
Except that he also owns a lot of online and TV media and some of the most visited news-related websites are affiliated with newspapers.
cultivate a white rose
noddy

Post by noddy »

sky is probably the least relevant television in australia.. ive never watched it, barely remember it exists... its mostly for streaming second teir sports to pubs ... its not in freeview which is the magority of tv viewers and it doesnt really do politics, that would annoy the people watching horse races and mud wrestling.

news.com and theaustralian.com are the online versions of his newspapers and they are struggling to remain profitable.... they are trying to move to a pay per view model but the jury is out if they will remain relevant.

my dads generation paid for official news, my generation does not.. all the traditional media is struggling now we can get access to information from our own networks.
ultracrepidarian
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

noddy wrote:sky is probably the least relevant television in australia.. ive never watched it, barely remember it exists... its mostly for streaming second teir sports to pubs ... its not in freeview which is the magority of tv viewers and it doesnt really do politics, that would annoy the people watching horse races and mud wrestling.
Tell that to ABC. They set up a 24 hour news channel to compete with Sky.
news.com and theaustralian.com are the online versions of his newspapers and they are struggling to remain profitable.... they are trying to move to a pay per view model but the jury is out if they will remain relevant.
Tell that to Nielsen. According to Nielsen Market Intelligence, news.com.au is Australia's second most popular online news service after news.ninemsn.com
my dads generation paid for official news, my generation does not.. all the traditional media is struggling now we can get access to information from our own networks.
Meanwhile, News Corp brought in $33.4 billion in revenue in 2011, a new record. Profit was also at a record.
cultivate a white rose
noddy

Post by noddy »

Azrael wrote:
noddy wrote:sky is probably the least relevant television in australia.. ive never watched it, barely remember it exists... its mostly for streaming second teir sports to pubs ... its not in freeview which is the magority of tv viewers and it doesnt really do politics, that would annoy the people watching horse races and mud wrestling.
Tell that to ABC. They set up a 24 hour news channel to compete with Sky.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_News_Australia

2.5 million cable subscribers can watch it (out of 20+ million australians) and in australia cable subscriptions are nearly always sports subscriptions so if you take carbizenes angle that they are all racist right wing nut jobs with spartan fixations you have to ignore the fact he is just preaching to the converted anyway.

you are now getting closer to the heart of the matter which is the ABC that the previous right wing government attacked for being lefty propoganda, is much like the BBC in england and doesnt have to worry about profits affecting budget because its taxpayer funded.

so what we actually have here is same ole, same ole, culture war with both sides claiming the other side controls aspects of the media and "brainwashes" the population with evil memes.

i didnt approve of howard trying to ban lefties and i dont approve of gillard & brown trying to ban righties.
Azrael wrote:
Tell that to Nielsen. According to Nielsen Market Intelligence, news.com.au is Australia's second most popular online news service after news.ninemsn.com
the second most popular thing in a dieing market is not something to get excited by.. alas im too busy with work at the moment but ill try and dig up the figures on "news" services and their profitablity.. its woeful.. the biggest murdoch competitor was up for sale recently and NOONE wanted to buy it, none of the investors see any growth in traditional journalism and it ended up being sold to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Rinehart who got rich by being the daughter of an durian that got rich by accident... no real business sense and out of touch with current trends.
Azrael wrote:
Meanwhile, News Corp brought in $33.4 billion in revenue in 2011, a new record. Profit was also at a record.
i suspect thats not the australian news profits but the overall international profits mostly gained from entertainment media, not journalism.
ultracrepidarian
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

I find all these news and comments from Down Under very interesting and enlightening . And very similar to what happens elsewhere in the world. The eternal oligarchy is fighting to keep control, just like their predecessors - aristocracy, military, priests - did. They are now forced to do it in a somewhat freer environment where the plebs can't just be killed, jailed or frightened to death. But the threat of violence is ever present, and we are supposed to keep in our place and let our betters do the job. All very good as long as the plebs have enough to keep satisfied. Panem et circensis is still the rule, except that the panem part is becoming scarce... Hopefully the plebs will rise again and do away with their betters... Which usually is just replacing a set of thugs by another... But nevertheless a very necessary thing, like cleaning your toilets once in a while...